Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That won't last, as I recall.  Those Cadillac plans the Unions got exempted are only exempted until, what next year?  Then you will see costs rising.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank god I have a union job....

7 bucks bi weekly for coverage. Good coverage at that!

That won't last, as I recall.  Those Cadillac plans the Unions got exempted are only exempted until, what next year?  Then you will see costs rising.

2020 I believe.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

2020 I believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2020 I believe.

I already lost my Cadillac plan.

FBHO
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
2020 I believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2020 I believe.

I think it's 2018 that the new tax kicks in.  You can still keep whatever nice plan you have, but .gov is gonna tax the shit out of it.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
As my MAIN MAN Rush said, "It is all in the plan and it is working exactly how Obungo wanted it too.  All leading to a single payer system, the government."
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think it's 2018 that the new tax kicks in.  You can still keep whatever nice plan you have, but .gov is gonna tax the shit out of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2020 I believe.

And why not? The corrupt union bosses helped get FBHO elected, just like they are working to get Hillary elected. Time for them to feel the consequences, too, no?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to pass it to find out what's in it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
We had Blue Cross, but it went up 30%, so the company switched to Cigna. Now ~$900mo and $2k deductible. The deductible is a first for me for company supplied health care

Get ready for a government run single payer health plan, with even worse rates

Tar and feather the democrats, anyone?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2020 I believe.

Congressional leaders have announced agreement on a mammoth $1.6 trillion spending and tax cut package that includes a 2-year delay of the Affordable Care Act’s 40% excise tax on high-value health plans. The so-called “Cadillac Tax” was scheduled to take effect in January 2018.

Assuming the House and Senate approve the new deal and President Obama signs it into law, the Cadillac Tax effective date would be postponed to January 2020

- See more at: http://www.ceridian.com/resources/blogs/human-resources-legislation-blog/cadillac-tax-2-year-delay-what-it-means-for-employers.html#sthash.i2OZPntk.dpuf

http://www.ceridian.com/resources/blogs/human-resources-legislation-blog/cadillac-tax-2-year-delay-what-it-means-for-employers.html

Unless it never passed?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Kind of like her head.  Downfall there, is that we all know its fuckin empty.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bork your credit, pay your health insurance.   What to do, whaaaaat to doooooo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA

A simple WARNING letter from a utility company for a past due balance gets you out of the obamacare fine.

Skip a month on your water bill, and keep it from tax season.

DDDEEERRRRRRRPPPPP
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unions get bent over after Obama leaves. 40% tax on your plan. I'm sure you won't see any increase tho...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA

A simple WARNING letter from a utility company for a past due balance gets you out of the obamacare fine.

Skip a month on your water bill, and keep it from tax season.

All you need is the letter threatening to turn off service. As soon as you get it, hustle on down and pay up.

You might even see the utility manager and clue him in. "Let's save the hassle, type me up a letter and I won't still you."

here are some others................

You were homeless
You were evicted or were facing eviction or foreclosure

You received a shut-off notice from a utility company

You experienced domestic violence

You experienced the death of a family member

You experienced a fire, flood, or other natural or human-caused disaster that caused substantial damage to your property

You filed for bankruptcy

You had medical expenses you couldn’t pay that resulted in substantial debt

You experienced unexpected increases in necessary expenses due to caring for an ill, disabled, or aging family member

You expect to claim a child as a tax dependent who’s been denied coverage for Medicaid and CHIP for 2015, and another person is required by court order to give medical support to the child. In this case you don’t have to pay the penalty for the child.

As a result of an eligibility appeals decision, you’re eligible for enrollment in a qualified health plan (QHP) through the Marketplace, lower costs on your monthly premiums, or cost-sharing reductions for a time period when you weren’t enrolled in a QHP through the Marketplace in 2015

You were determined ineligible for Medicaid because your state didn’t expand eligibility for Medicaid in 2015 under the Affordable Care Act

Your individual insurance plan was cancelled after June 30, 2013 and you believe other Marketplace plans are unaffordable

If you experienced another hardship obtaining health insurance, use this form to apply for an exemption with the Marketplace (PDF)

-more-
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Congressional leaders have announced agreement on a mammoth $1.6 trillion spending and tax cut package that includes a 2-year delay of the Affordable Care Act’s 40% excise tax on high-value health plans. The so-called “Cadillac Tax” was scheduled to take effect in January 2018.

Assuming the House and Senate approve the new deal and President Obama signs it into law, the Cadillac Tax effective date would be postponed to January 2020

- See more at: http://www.ceridian.com/resources/blogs/human-resources-legislation-blog/cadillac-tax-2-year-delay-what-it-means-for-employers.html#sthash.i2OZPntk.dpuf

http://www.ceridian.com/resources/blogs/human-resources-legislation-blog/cadillac-tax-2-year-delay-what-it-means-for-employers.html

Unless it never passed?

It passed and has been delayed until 2020.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I REALLY freaking wish I could go without health insurance and just take my premiums and put them into an HSA where it'll actually do me some good.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't the subsidized portion employers contribute on all plans going to be treated as income for the employee and could therefore be taxed? When is that kicking in?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone who didn't see this coming is either an idiot or completely deluded.
View Quote

Fuck Obama and everyone that voted for him
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#17]
The lowest common denominator will still have enough rebates and credits that its essentially free for them. Its good to be poor. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Amid rising drug and health care costs and roiling market dynamics, the spokesperson for the nation’s health insurers is predicting substantial increases next year in Obamacare premiums and related costs.

Without venturing a specific percentage increase, Marilyn Tavenner, the president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), said in an interview with Morning Consult that the culmination of market shifts and rising health care costs will force stark increases in health insurance rates in the coming year.

“I’ve been asked, what are the premiums going to look like?” she said. “I don’t know because it also varies by state, market, even within markets. But I think the overall trend is going to be higher than we saw previous years. That’s my big prediction.”

If Tavenner is right, Obamacare will jump dramatically—last year’s premium for the popular silver-level plan surged 11 percent on average. Although Tavenner didn’t mention deductibles, in 2016, some states saw jumps of 76 percent, while the average deductible for a 27-year-old male on a silver plan was 8 percent.

View Quote

Bend over
View Quote

Just look at the headlines about the huge losses. That means most are probably underpriced for 2016 still.

Even if they were perfectly priced in 2016, you could expect 10% or more increases due to regular medical inflation plust the end of certain programs that were temporary with the rollout of obamacare.

So stand by for 20% or much greater as the norm for 2017.

Just in time for election season.

I wish carriers would send out price increase letters timed to arrive a few days before the election, with a big "thanks obama" sign at the end of the letter.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Affordable was the biggest lie that was told when this mess was sold to the public...................affordable for some, cause it was free
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Huh, almost like it was designed to run premiums through the roof. Are we clamoring for single payer yet?
View Quote

I've seen articles mentioning the "public option" starting up again. As planned. The "free market" has failed now so uncle government has to roll out the public option to show us how to do it right.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Open enrollment is right before the election too.  
View Quote

I'll enjoy watching state governments mess with the date on which they'll make rates public. In the areas I work in it has been fun to watch it shift depending on the proximity of elections.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#22]
and the media will blame the right if a republican gets in, but not a word if HRC is elected.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck fuck fuck!

I am soooooo glad my company pays mine.

Soooooo scared they might stop.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck fuck fuck!

I am soooooo glad my company pays mine.

Soooooo scared they might stop.
View Quote

if they let the Cadillac tax kick in, it should eventually unwind the employer market (since the thresholds aren't indexed to medical inflation, every plan will eventually be a cadillac plan, removing the tax advantage of employers providing your insurance). Should mesh nicely with the "public option" being put into the exchanges.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just look at the headlines about the huge losses. That means most are probably underpriced for 2016 still.

Even if they were perfectly priced in 2016, you could expect 10% or more increases due to regular medical inflation plust the end of certain programs that were temporary with the rollout of obamacare.

I wish carriers would send out price increase letters timed to arrive a few days before the election, with a big "thanks obama" sign at the end of the letter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amid rising drug and health care costs and roiling market dynamics, the spokesperson for the nation’s health insurers is predicting substantial increases next year in Obamacare premiums and related costs.

Without venturing a specific percentage increase, Marilyn Tavenner, the president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), said in an interview with Morning Consult that the culmination of market shifts and rising health care costs will force stark increases in health insurance rates in the coming year.

“I’ve been asked, what are the premiums going to look like?” she said. “I don’t know because it also varies by state, market, even within markets. But I think the overall trend is going to be higher than we saw previous years. That’s my big prediction.”

If Tavenner is right, Obamacare will jump dramatically—last year’s premium for the popular silver-level plan surged 11 percent on average. Although Tavenner didn’t mention deductibles, in 2016, some states saw jumps of 76 percent, while the average deductible for a 27-year-old male on a silver plan was 8 percent.

Bend over

They should arrive about a week before hand this year.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'll enjoy watching state governments mess with the date on which they'll make rates public. In the areas I work in it has been fun to watch it shift depending on the proximity of elections.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Open enrollment is right before the election too.  

Virginia Is already out there.

Folks better buckle up, it is going to be a bumpy ride.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I will not comply, and haven't since the stupid unconstitutional law was passed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Like Peter Schiff says, anything the government touches gets more expensive.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Anyone who didn't see this coming is either an idiot or completely deluded.
View Quote
I believe that was about 54% or so of the voters.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:45:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Predictable...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:05:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As my MAIN MAN Rush said, "It is all in the plan and it is working exactly how Obungo wanted it too.  All leading to a single payer system, the government."
View Quote

Pretty much exactly this. That was the intention all along. They didn't like no government control, but they couldn't just institute single payer socialized medicine they wanted. So they cooked up this impossibly convoluted regulatory system to "cover everyone" that was never supposed to work and was supposed to get more and more financially burdensome until people begged for a government takeover.

Welcome to the boiling pot. People are only now starting to realize they are the frogs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

FBHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2020 I believe.

FBHO

Everybody not in a union lost their Cadillac plan.

Here's an article that better explains what is expiring conveniently in January 2017 AFTER the elections.

http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2014/12/affordable_care_act_obamacare_1.html?ath=ff683cc1591b3e2bae51d60b23238e7c
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Self employed, insurance for me, the wife and three kids through BCBS = 1121.00/month WITH a 3K deductible PER PERSON.

They haven't paid out a dime in the last few years because no one has reached their deductible.

I love reading that 49.60 dollars per month goes towards "obamacare" cost administrative costs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#36]
This is why we desperately need to win this election and again four years after.  Its the difference between single payer or not.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

This shit needs to be shouted from the rooftops in the run up to the election and the every Commie bastard that voted for it needs to be jailed for misleading the public and then beaten for setting it up so that the full fucking doesn't commence until AFTER the election.

View Quote
Do you still believe that voting will change any thing?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This shit needs to be shouted from the rooftops in the run up to the election and the every Commie bastard that voted for it needs to be jailed for misleading the public and then beaten for setting it up so that the full fucking doesn't commence until AFTER the election.

I'm talking about the congress critters who passed the fucking abortion to start with. I will never believe they didn't know what a mess it would be and that it would cost  MASSIVELY more than we were told.

All they did was get the camel's nose under the tent while simultaneously scrapping the existing system so there is basically nothing to go back to easily. The cocksuckers have committed us all to an eventual single payer system and they knew it when they did it.

When Cruella DeVille stood up there and infamously said, "We have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it,"  the Parliamentarian and Master at  Arms should have snatched the fucking gavel out of her hand and had her escorted from the building.

The dumb bitch stood there and proudly proclaimed that they were passing shit without even knowing WTF was in it.

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHY THAT BITCH STILL HAS A JOB?????

I don't think prosecuting members of the former administration is a good idea in most cases. That shit can get out of hand real quick and you can find yourself in a dictatorship BUT, when they do something so deceitful and hurtful to so many, I say prosecute the shit out of 'em.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I REALLY freaking wish I could go without health insurance and just take my premiums and put them into an HSA where it'll actually do me some good.
View Quote
You used to be able to buy a "catastrophic" plan, which left you paying cash for most care, but covered if you got cancer or ended up in ICU. IIRC for a healthy guy of about 30 years of age, it was like $100/month.

Obamacare put a stop to that by defining minimum coverage far above that.

I'm lucky to have a HDHP with HSA through my employer. I've been able to stack my HSA to almost $20k. But if I had any other plan, I would have paid that and more to premiums and have little to show for it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Only a matter of time before folks with nothing to lose start going postal. Mess with folks abilities to get adequate medical care for them or their loved ones then things could get real sporty.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I believe that is January of next year.

What I'm wondering is why the insurance companies thought this whole mess was a Good Idea and were rushing to get it passed.   When do they expect to make their huge profit on this?  So far, they've lost money, on paper, anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't the subsidized portion employers contribute on all plans going to be treated as income for the employee and could therefore be taxed? When is that kicking in?

I believe that is January of next year.

What I'm wondering is why the insurance companies thought this whole mess was a Good Idea and were rushing to get it passed.   When do they expect to make their huge profit on this?  So far, they've lost money, on paper, anyway.

They were probably sold a bill of goods like everyone else.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Affordable was the biggest lie that was told when this mess was sold to the public...................affordable for some, cause it was free
View Quote

I had a catastrophic plan........$36/month with a $6k deductible.

The cheapest I can get in a 'marketplace' now is  $479/month with a $6.5k deductible.

I'm still waiting on my $2.5k/year savings
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#44]
All of my copays have nearly doubled
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Self employed, insurance for me, the wife and three kids through BCBS = 1121.00/month WITH a 3K deductible PER PERSON.

They haven't paid out a dime in the last few years because no one has reached their deductible.

I love reading that 49.60 dollars per month goes towards "obamacare" cost administrative costs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But they seem to have paid out on others to an extreme.  They lost $1.5 billion on those products for 2015.  They need 5 families like you to pay for 1 person with Hepatitis C to receive the new treatment.  

From an older article in the WSJ, these are the folks you are paying to have covered:

Elizabeth Owens, 58 years old, of New York City, said she was diagnosed with hepatitis C two years ago. Her doctor wanted to prescribe Harvoni, but said her insurance wouldn’t cover it, she said. “They say I’m not sick enough to have it,” she said. “They want it in a chronic stage.”

An admitted former drug user, Ms. Owens went to a drug-treatment program and is now an organizer for Vocal-NY, an advocacy group for low-income people living with HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C. Her doctor told her it might take a couple of years until her hepatitis is severe enough to qualify, she said.
Over time and as states try to strong arm insurance companies to remove clinically justified treatments, the wheels will fall off bigtime.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Using form 8965 is another possible way to avoid paying the penalty. It's worked for me. Probably not for all you ARF millionaires though.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8965.pdf    form
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8965.pdf    instructions
View Quote

Yep, important info if you are low income.
You get an exemption and don't pay the penalty if the premiums would be more than 8.05% of your household income.

"Coverage considered unaffordable— The minimum amount you would have paid for premiums is more than 8.05% of your household income"

Sometimes it pays to be broke!  

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Here's an article that better explains what is expiring conveniently in January 2017 AFTER the elections.

http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2014/12/affordable_care_act_obamacare_1.html?ath=ff683cc1591b3e2bae51d60b23238e7c
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2020 I believe.

FBHO

When do they release the increase figures? Before or after the election?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Hillary has got you covered...

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

But they seem to have paid out on others to an extreme.  They lost $1.5 billion on those products for 2015.  They need 5 families like you to pay for 1 person with Hepatitis C to receive the new treatment.  

From an older article in the WSJ, these are the folks you are paying to have covered:
Over time and as states try to strong arm insurance companies to remove clinically justified treatments, the wheels will fall off bigtime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elizabeth Owens, 58 years old, of New York City, said she was diagnosed with hepatitis C two years ago. Her doctor wanted to prescribe Harvoni, but said her insurance wouldn’t cover it, she said. “They say I’m not sick enough to have it,” she said. “They want it in a chronic stage.”

An admitted former drug user, Ms. Owens went to a drug-treatment program and is now an organizer for Vocal-NY, an advocacy group for low-income people living with HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C. Her doctor told her it might take a couple of years until her hepatitis is severe enough to qualify, she said.

I saw that california is now mandating that insurers on their exchange exclude hospitals that perform too many c-sections from their network.

Soon enough they'll all be mandating plan design, mandating provider network inclusions/exclusions, etc.

... and they'll blame the resulting problems on "the free market" over and over until the they get enough support to put in the "public option".

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When do they release the increase figures? Before or after the election?
View Quote

The individual and small group rate increases will be released before the election.  The proposed rate increases in most states are due no later than the middle of next month.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top