Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a lot of respect for President Bush. This just adds another reason.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple of the guys did a bit more of a Buzz than a shave, but cool on them.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's gonna be a sad day for me when that old man goes.  Goodness is not exactly overflowing from the human race.

I always felt he did what he did out of caring and trying to make things better.  That's enough for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Say what you want about the Bush's but at very least they have class.
View Quote

Bush senior was very classy when it came to dealing with kids.  Just prior to Desert Storm he flew out to George AFB to catch Marine One to fly out to Ft Irwin to observe a special exercise of the plan to breach Saddam's barriers.  Everyone who could turned out to see Air Force One land and President Bush.

Many of the viewers were children from the base elementary school.  They got a position up front and center to see the President as he got off AF1.  President Bush and Barbara Bush took time to go to the kids and spoke with some of them.  One of the repeated questions was "would the President come visit them at school?"  The President said he'd love to, but his schedule would not allow him to that.

Bush got aboard Marine One and flew to Ft Irwin for the exercise.  While the President was gone, people noticed the Secret Service over by the elementary school.   Several hours later when Marine One returned from Ft Irwin they flew a lap around the base and landed at the elementary school playground.  President Bush got out and waved as all the children waved back at him from their classrooms.  Handshakes were exchanged between the school principal  and then Bush got back aboard Marine one and they flew on to the ramp where AF1 was parked.

Nothing was mentioned about that in any press coverage of the President's trip to California that day.  Just like how nothing was mentioned about all the visits by GW Bush and Cheney to Walter Reed and Bethesda hospitals to visit injured personnel back from Iraq and A-stan.

Emperor Hussein should exhibit one tenth of that class.  His polls would go up tenfold if he could manage that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I, myselfr, consider the opposite to be true, but both are orders of magnitude better that what we have now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vastly better President than his son.

You can thank Ross Perot for the ensuing 8 years of Bill Clintoon.

I, myselfr, consider the opposite to be true, but both are orders of magnitude better that what we have now.
yep

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
HA!

Baby blue socks.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I miss them both as president.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on him.

The Bush family is good folk.

I miss them both as president.

Only compared to Ozero.

They were not good for the country, however.

With that said, good for him for supporting that little man.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's the son of one of his security detail.
Can you imagine Clinton or Obama doing that?

View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the son of one of his security detail.

Can you imagine Clinton or Obama doing that?

Nope.

Obama and the Wookie would mandate that everyone ELSE shave their heads.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Good job, shows support.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Class, solid class. Something he and his son have in spades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That stuff makes me wanna cry. I have a two y/o, who holds his toy cars the same way. I'm not joking, that tears up my heart

yep, a great man
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP9zH8_CUAAQEz4.jpg:large
View Quote

Very cool.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, no.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#14]
He looks like Gov. Moonbeam!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only compared to Ozero.

They were not good for the country, however.

With that said, good for him for supporting that little man.
View Quote

Both were better than Zero, but also Clinton and Carter as well. And perhaps Ford, Nixon, and JFK. Certainly better than LBJ. Everyone since Eisenhower, really, with the exception of Reagan.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, you people forgive and forget a lot easier than I do I guess.

That guy screwed us with the 1989 Import Ban my friends. Word is Reagan didn't care for him and had to take him on the ticket, which is why they hardly ever did anything together during his administration.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Look everybody, another 13r.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That guy screwed us with the 1989 Import Ban my friends. Word is Reagan didn't care for him and had to take him on the ticket, which is why they hardly ever did anything together during his administration.
View Quote

I haven't forgotten anything. I voted Libertarian in '94 because I was pissed at Bush. Never disliked him as a man, however. He was a good man who was well qualified, but he followed some policies I didn't agree with.

Rumsfeld mentioned that H.W. had some personal animosity towards him that his son didn't have. That, and other things, call into question some of H.W.s personality traits as a leader. But he wasn't a man-child like Obama or Clinton.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ross Perot did what he thought was best for the country since neither Candidate was going to stop NAFTA.  Ross Perot is a patriot and he tried to have an adult conversation with the American people, but the mass media painted him as a nut job and that was that.

If we had more business men like Ross Perot this nation would be a lot better off.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the grand scheme, this is pretty minor stuff to me. As far as the "word," pretty easy to put words in a dead mans mouth.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
He's a rich old man that has already held the most powerful seat in the world.  I can't imagine there's much to gain from publicity stunts.  But I understand how you feel.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He's a rich old man that has already held the most powerful seat in the world.  I can't imagine there's much to gain from publicity stunts.  But I understand how you feel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my point.  He is doing something good just to do something good.  Just like the other members of the Bush family.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lighten up.
View All Quotes

Some tightly wound folk around here.  

Pistol is no different than Frank Caliendo.  Just laugh and move on.  Its not about respect or disrespect, its about laughing at funny shit especially when it is not PC.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Pistol is no different than Frank Caliendo.  Just laugh and move on.  Its not about respect or disrespect, its about laughing at funny shit especially when it is not PC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah that is nice but kids with cancer is in no way shape or form funny or to be made light of.  Off color humor is all fine and good but some things like kids with cancer or people doing nice things for kids with cancer are off limits to normal folks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#25]
18 year old TBM pilot

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#26]

During GWBs first term a friend (female) of mine got invited to one of the Bush family cousins wedding, at the White House.  During the reception she was brought over and introduced to the President and his father.  GHWB upon seeing her husbands USN tie tack struck up a conversation with them both.  She said both men were gentlemen and actively engaged her in conversation, beyond the "thanks for coming, have a great time" pleasantries.  

I don't like like some things both of them did while in office, but they are both class acts.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ross Perot did what he thought was best for the country since neither Candidate was going to stop NAFTA.  Ross Perot is a patriot and he tried to have an adult conversation with the American people, but the mass media painted him as a nut job and that was that.

If we had more business men like Ross Perot this nation would be a lot better off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but he handed them the paint brushes. Perot would have been POTUS had he not pulled out of the race then got back in. Or at least he would have won the popular vote, not sure if he could have won in the electoral college.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#28]
say what you will about them as presidents but I believe GHWB and GWB are decent men

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't disagree. But there are some positives about Bush 1. He was the last combat vet I'll ever see as president. I knew he wanted the U.S. to be strong and that the safety of its citizens was his first priority. He wasn't a communist. He knew the value of human life and respected those that fell in the service of the country. To those people fortunate to serve under him, he was a gracious boss.

I can have cordial disagreements with an honest man and I see him as an honest man.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Class. Something the current guy doesnt have...
View Quote

Don't be hatin' bro. I be feelin' it too!

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah that is nice but kids with cancer is in no way shape or form funny or to be made light of.  Off color humor is all fine and good but some things like kids with cancer or people doing nice things for kids with cancer are off limits to normal folks.
View Quote

I know all about cancer my man and I don't think its funny. My grandmother beat breast cancer and now its in her bones.

Bush reminded me of that guy so I thought it was funny. Nobody jumped on the guy saying he was gonna eat the baby. Some people just hold their Republican leaders to dear and can't stand to see them be the butt of a joke. If it would've been O nothing would have been said.

Good on Bush for shaving his head for cancer. Other than that he does look like he's about to eat the baby.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That stuff makes me wanna cry. I have a two y/o, who holds his toy cars the same way. I'm not joking, that tears up my heart

Agreed , their wives also have it !
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love how Bush Sr goes skydiving every year for his birthday.
View Quote

I do believe that after the first time he used the chute he took a break for a bit.
1st time in WWII then he started again on his 75th ?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Dude is a dude! Also, he wears excellent socks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#35]
will miss him when he's gone

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Who's the guy on the bottom?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Isn't he a reptilian?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP9zH8_CUAAQEz4.jpg:large
View Quote

There is something about that many bald guys in one place that creeps me out.

Good on President Bush. We could all learn something here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look everybody, another who thinks an earlier registration date makes him much more smarterer, and NOT a complete idjit.

Her-derp-a-looza

BTW , I voted for GHW for POTUS twice, same as for "W"

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Good for him.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#41]
George Herbert Walker Bush was the last president of this country to compose himself in a presidential fashion. He represented our nation with the dignity befitting the office, and I believe he understood the responsibility that comes with the office. It's been the amateur hour ever since he left.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He looks like he is gonna eat dat baby's brain
View Quote

Yea...that's getting shopped.

Nice gesture on his part.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
George Herbert Walker Bush was the last president of this country to compose himself in a presidential fashion. He represented our nation with the dignity befitting the office, and I believe he understood the responsibility that comes with the office. It's been the amateur hour ever since he left.

View Quote

His son did just fine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't disagree. But there are some positives about Bush 1. He was the last combat vet I'll ever see as president. I knew he wanted the U.S. to be strong and that the safety of its citizens was his first priority. He wasn't a communist. He knew the value of human life and respected those that fell in the service of the country. To those people fortunate to serve under him, he was a gracious boss.

I can have cordial disagreements with an honest man and I see him as an honest man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true.

G.H.W. Bush disappointing me in many ways.  His decision to cave to the gun control crowd being among the biggest, in addition to giving in to the dimocRats on raising taxes when he should have just said "fuck off".  In reality, he was a liberal in many ways, but he wasn't as bad as the political opposition.  Of course, that doesn't mean he was light years ahead of them either, because he wasn't.  He just didn't have the strong convictions we needed from a Republican president.

That said, he was a great CiC.  He was a combat vet from the Pacific Campaign, and knew how the military functions when it's tasked with securing U.S. national interests.  "Go forth, and do great things, I won't second guess you", and he didn't.  He didn't interfere with the work of SecDef Dick Cheney, CJCS Colin Powell, or CentCom commander Gen. N. Schwarzkopf or any of their subordinates.  Unlike Klinton, he didn't stand over a map like LBJ did with his Chief of Staff approving or disproving targets while warriors were fighting for their lives on the battlefield.

I forgive President G.H.W. Bush, but only because he had the balls to expose himself to enemy fire which is more than most of his critics can claim.  I'll give him the respect he earned.

If I had five minutes with the man while he was in office, I would have said "Sir, you're dick'n the dog on domestic policy here.....".
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree wholeheartedly. Their wives are also first class First Ladies. Something sorely lacking since they left office.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#47]
How people on this site can make joke of this picture is troubling.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#48]
My best friend shaved his head when I lost my hair from Chemo.

So say what you want about Bush here......

I think it's fucking awesome he's doing that with this kid.

Fuck all you haters.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

Want to wager if Clinton, Carter or Obama would do that?

No way in hell.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#50]
There is a reason a USN aircraft carrier is named after him - he was a naval aviator who saw combat in WW2. He’s done a hell of a lot more than I have done.

He was not a great President, but he was a decent man who understood how his actions affected those who serve.

He had class.

Mike

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top