BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
might try a weak solution of vinegar and water. No pun intended. I don't know anything about the stuff and I've never used nair, but if it contains caustic lye I'd be trying to neutralize whatever may have soaked in.

Good luck

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I dont have any vinegar but I do have some Newmans' Cesar dressing...will that do? I'm serious. I've been pouring all sort of stuff on myself in the bathtub –– OJ, Milk, Pepto Bismol. I think I'll try Cesar dressing. I'm fucking desperate here!!!! This is no joke.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#3]
just wow.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd suggest copious amounts of water. Maybe even a long soak.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hahahaha!  My g/f says your nuts must be en fuego...

Yes...yes they are. Why didnt you jerks put out a public service bulletin out on this!

Because anyone with the slightest bit of common sense already knows not to do this.  Those that don't will hopefully be rendered sterile, thus giving the gene pool a well-needed scrubbing.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to say I love ARFCOM , in a completely hetero way. I can always get a laugh out of this place. carry on gents, carry on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
The hydroxides that are the main ingredient in Nair will strip the skin of significant amounts of moisture. I'd suggest some type of moisturizer.
Of course, maybe the oil in the salad dressing would help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
epic sack fail requires long cold bath. hahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and wonder...  

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Sodium Hydroxide Safety

Refer to a relevant Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before handling this material

Solid sodium hydroxide or solutions of sodium hydroxide will cause chemical burns, permanent injury or scarring, and blindness if it contacts unprotected human or animal tissue. Protective equipment such as rubber gloves, safety clothing and eye protection should always be used when handling the material or its solutions.

Dissolution of sodium hydroxide is highly exothermic, and the resulting heat may cause heat burns or ignite flammables.

Sodium hydroxide is extremely caustic, and can react with fats and
oils on skin, in a reaction which creates salts. For this reason,
sodium hydroxide is very dangerous, and skin should be washed
thoroughly with copious volumes of water following contact with this
substance.

A solution of 0.5 M or more of sodium hydroxide should be labelled
corrosive, while a solution between 0.5-0.05 M should be labelled
irritant.

[#12]
He been gone for a while.....I think he may be in shock

[#13]
OK.  That is going to hurt.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah! It should say in big red letters "NOT SAFE FOR YOUR MAN SACK" !!!   Jerks! I cant wait till customer service opens up tomorrow morning; they will be getting an earful!

Please record that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#15]
This is a perferct post from a guy with the screen name Mayday
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
might try a weak solution of vinegar and water. No pun intended. I don't know anything about the stuff and I've never used nair, but if it contains caustic lye I'd be trying to neutralize whatever may have soaked in.

Good luck

I dont have any vinegar but I do have some Newmans' Cesar dressing...will that do? I'm serious. I've been pouring all sort of stuff on myself in the bathtub –– OJ, Milk, Pepto Bismol. I think I'll try Cesar dressing. I'm fucking desperate here!!!! This is no joke.

have you tried Hoppes #9?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to say something to get me banned but ten minutes means ten minutes. If you can't follow simple instructions then throw the bottle away.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck

have you tried Hoppes #9?

Both of these are not a good idea though I don't know why I am giving you advice.  Water and burn cream.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#19]
You need something with a cooling sensation. Try rubbing Ben-gay,  IcyHot  or medicated Gold Bond on the area should give some temporary relief.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You need something with a cooling sensation. Try rubbing Ben-gay,  IcyHot  or medicated Gold Bond on the area should give some temporary relief.

This.  It has to be a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Same holds true for "Nads".  The product name is deceptively inaccurate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
did u read the directions?

I think I left it on too long. Is there anything I can put on the "boys" to calm down the burning? Milk? Or Maybe heavy cream or something? They are on fire I tells you!!!

IcyHot should cure your ailment.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#23]
How hairy or vain are some of you guys? I can honestly say that I have never felt the need to dip my junk in hair removal stuff. This thread is hilarious however, so either way it get the ARFCOM seal of approval. Carry on you hairy bastards
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't use NAIR, and if I did, i'd be very careful about putting it "there"
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#25]
There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum ... it's breathtaking I suggest you try it

if you must, use this magic

I'm just sayin'
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I left it on too long. Is there anything I can put on the "boys" to calm down the burning? Milk? Or Maybe heavy cream or something? They are on fire I tells you!!!

Someone said Nair is lye. Try the milk, but I doubt it will help. Copious amounts of cold/cool/room temp (i.e., not warm or hot) water would probably be better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I bet it is only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Desitin diaper rash cream might help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck

Be careful, you might just make it worse if you irritate the skin any more.

Cool water is best. Try diaper rash cream (Desitin). But do the water. Tons of it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Just

ETA:  Are they smooth?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gentlemen....do NOT use "Nair" on your testicles.

Oh God. I'd rather shave with a broken bottle.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That is all.

You saved me, sir.   If you weren't such a hero I'd hug you.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try Ben-Gay, it will cool them right off.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  It has to be a good idea.

And if you follow this advice... dibs on guns and ammo. I'll pick them up before you kill yourself.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Dude, trim the leaves, don't clear cut the forest.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Mirco Touch shaver FTW!!!!!!

Just Saying.......

Go to the ER with a video cam., just to record the looks on the nurses faces LMAO
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vanilla ice cream.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#39]

\Because of the amount of time you will be irrigating the area, try to
use tepid / warm water so that the patient does not become cold or
hypothermic, but if that is not available, use Icy Hot on the
affected area.

There you have it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The warning from the website:

WARNINGS:

IRRITATION OR ALLERGIC REATION MAY OCCUR WITH SOME PEOPLE, EVEN AFTERPRIOR USE WITHOUT ADVERSE EFFECT. THEREFORE, TEST BEFORE EACH USE BYAPPLYING PRODUCT TO A SMALL PART OF THE AREA WHERE HAIR IS TO BEREMOVED. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND WAIT 24 HOURS. IF SKIN APPEARS NORMAL,PROCEED WITH FULL APPLICATION. DO NOT USE ON IRRITATED, SUNBURNED,INFLAMED, OR BROKEN SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM EYES. SHOULD PRODUCT TOUCH THEEYES, WASH THOROGHLY WITH LUKEWARM WATER. IF IRRITATION OCCURS, CONSULTYOUR PHYSICIAN. DO NOT USE ON FACE, AROUND EYES, IN NOSE, EARS, OR ONBREAST NIPPLES, PERIANAL, OR VAGINAL/GENITAL AREAS.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Is that like the taint?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#41]
In high school I had a friend advise me not to put it on my nipples either.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WARNINGS:

IRRITATION OR ALLERGIC REATION MAY OCCUR WITH SOME PEOPLE, EVEN AFTERPRIOR USE WITHOUT ADVERSE EFFECT. THEREFORE, TEST BEFORE EACH USE BYAPPLYING PRODUCT TO A SMALL PART OF THE AREA WHERE HAIR IS TO BEREMOVED. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND WAIT 24 HOURS. IF SKIN APPEARS NORMAL,PROCEED WITH FULL APPLICATION. DO NOT USE ON IRRITATED, SUNBURNED,INFLAMED, OR BROKEN SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM EYES. SHOULD PRODUCT TOUCH THEEYES, WASH THOROGHLY WITH LUKEWARM WATER. IF IRRITATION OCCURS, CONSULTYOUR PHYSICIAN. DO NOT USE ON FACE, AROUND EYES, IN NOSE, EARS, OR ONBREAST NIPPLES, PERIANAL, OR VAGINAL/GENITAL AREAS.

Is that like the taint?

You used your 666'th reply to ask if it is taint? This definitely is an epic thread!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
\Because of the amount of time you will be irrigating the area, try touse tepid / warm water so that the patient does not become cold orhypothermic, but if that is not available, use Icy Hot on theaffected area.

There you have it.

Mayday, don't say I didn't warn you not to use Icy Hot/Bengay/etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I must say, I am sorry for your suffering, but every time I read the title in the GD I laugh my ass off.

Sorry for your suffering.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm thinking you should start calling drug stores and asking the girls in the pharmacy department what they think.

Please record and post the calls.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WARNINGS:

Is that like the taint?

You used your 666'th reply to ask if it is taint? This definitely is an epic thread!

and his name is o-face, with the avatar to match!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Umm....this is why they say to read the directions before using such a product. I'm a girl and even I don't touch the stuff. That crap is nasty!

I suggest trying some Aloe Vera Gel. Walmart sells a bottle by the the brand of Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel. Great stuff!  You can use it on burns.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#48]
If the nair is being applied to your testicles then something horribly tragic has already happened to your scrotum.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#49]
retard.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Not once has it ever occurred to me to try it.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top