BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]
W T F ? Any reason to be an attention whore.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
W T F ? Any reason to be an attention whore.
View Quote

Yep.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It is an extra event.  One of my friends is having one tomorrow night with all of his family and his wife's family.  They gave the results without looking to the woman that watches their first kid while they are at work so she could bake a cake in the corresponding color to the sex of the baby and frost it with white frosting. Everyone including the parents will find out what sex the kid is when they cut the cake.  Oh the suspense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't they just call it a baby shower?  

Seriously, wtf is wrong with baby shower?  Is "shower" a trigger word for the stinky occutard types?

The impression I got was this is an extra "event"--with shower(s) to follow.  

It is an extra event.  One of my friends is having one tomorrow night with all of his family and his wife's family.  They gave the results without looking to the woman that watches their first kid while they are at work so she could bake a cake in the corresponding color to the sex of the baby and frost it with white frosting. Everyone including the parents will find out what sex the kid is when they cut the cake.  Oh the suspense.

That's discriminatory.  Baby may self identify differently.  Why is everyone trying to tell it who it will be?  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#5]
My MiL planned us a gender reveal party and a baby shower. Fairly normal in today's society to have a couple parties. For us it was a good way to have all our friends and family come over to celebrate with us, and we got a ton of loot.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's not a bad idea.  Can I borrow your costume?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife informed me we are invited to a "genders party" Thurs. night.  One of our closest friends' son married an "Occupy Wall Street" type female.  Now she's knocked up.  They are having a "genders party."  OMFG.
Oh, I laughed and said NFW.  She texted our friend and she replied "LOL--I knew Mike is upset you aren't coming."  I guess they had a good laugh.  

Should have gone ahead and shown up, but dressed as furries, then pretend you got mixed up on which party was which night.  Get overly defensive, if anybody looks at you the least bit odd.

That's not a bad idea.  Can I borrow your costume?  

Dude, go big or go home.  Dress up in full drag.  Demand to be called Loretta. Keep asking stuff like, "Does my ass make this dress look big?"   Start a loud discussion about menstrual cramps.  Finally, after everybody has a enough, go full drama queen and storm out screaming about cisgendered, heterocaging, shit lord privileged oppression.  Do a block long burn out leaving.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
We just had our gender reveal party a few weeks ago.  By "we", I mean my wife really wanted to do it and I was obligated to be present.  At least I got some free pizza out of the ordeal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Blue = boy
Pink = girl

It'd be funny if they revealed the color purple....
quite possible in today's society  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As in a gender reveal party?

Maybe that was it.  ::shrug::

Blue = boy
Pink = girl

Purple would mean the child gets to decide their gender when they are old enough.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Purple would mean the child gets to decide their gender when they are old enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue = boy
Pink = girl

And by old enough they mean 5.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Presuming the biological gender is the gender is hate speech.
View Quote

This.  Just because some ultrasound found some part doesn't make it real.  It won't be until the newborn's cries are analyzed by a trained gender identification expert will they be able to say which of the 8 possible genders the infant wants to be.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's like a baby shower except it also involves announcing the kid's sex to the couple's friends. It's not a tranny thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't even know what that means.

It's like a baby shower except it also involves announcing the kid's sex to the couple's friends. It's not a tranny thing

The last one I went to the mother and father did not know the sex of the baby.  The parents or designated friend got the report from the doctor and then they planned the party.  There was a lot of beer and food (we had it a local brew pub) and a large box filed with colored balloons.  The expecting parents opened the box and blue balloons came out.  And this is how they learned they were having a boy.  And we were there to share it with them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
its a party for people who guess on the gender of the baby and then its revealed.

not a big deal op
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]
If my wife wanted us to go badly enough, I'd go.  I'd just make sure there would be booze, and a back patio I could hang out on.  And I'd make sure I kept a bottle in my back seat in case their booze was shit.  And another thing: When did it become the "in" thing to say "they got pregnant"?  Last I checked, only "she" got pregnant.   "He" was just the sperm donor.  "He" deserves no congratulations, no paternity leave, no special recognition... nada.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ah a gender reveal party?
View Quote

Probably so. Lots of folks are having them these days
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#15]
And from reading the posts on this site, ARFcom is filled with crumudgeons.  Seriously, can't we have any fun getting together with friends?  

And since the one I went to I have taken several of the attendees whom I did not previously know shooting.  And this raises the next point, we are at war with our enemy.  Our values and believes are under direct attack.  We must recognize we are at war and fight to win, and this includes the hearts and minds of the masses.  Every one of you needs to get off your ass, go to some stupid party or event, and smile.  Be the life of the part, be well dressed (no hunter orange or camo), friendly, and approachable.  Appear to be a great husband and father (even if you are not).  Appear to be a great friend (even if you do not really care).  And then, when the moment is right, also be known as the gun enthusiast.  Let the world see and then say, wow, these gun owners are great guys.  They are not scary basement dwellers.  They are educated and smart.  Maybe their position is the right position.  So, start by going to the stupid gender party and pretend to be happy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And from reading the posts on this site, ARFcom is filled with crumudgeons.  Seriously, can't we have any fun getting together with friends?  

And since the one I went to I have taken several of the attendees whom I did not previously know shooting.  And this raises the next point, we are at war with our enemy.  Our values and believes are under direct attack.  We must recognize we are at war and fight to win, and this includes the hearts and minds of the masses.  Every one of you needs to get off your ass, go to some stupid party or event, and smile.  Be the life of the part, be well dressed (no hunter orange or camo), friendly, and approachable.  Appear to be a great husband and father (even if you are not).  Appear to be a great friend (even if you do not really care).  And then, when the moment is right, also be known as the gun enthusiast.  Let the world see and then say, wow, these gun owners are great guys.  They are not scary basement dwellers.  They are educated and smart.  Maybe their position is the right position.  So, start by going to the stupid gender party and pretend to be happy.
View Quote

But the basement is so much nicer. No icky people that might talk to you or expect you to talk to them...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Go, and give them a box of 9mm if it's a girl or a box of 45 if it's a boy.
View Quote

Well played
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be my guess, they seem to be popular now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't even know what that means.

They haven't heard of e-mail or Facebook?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#20]
You are not going to bring a box of bees as a gift?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#21]
How do they know the gender?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Seriously, though, people have Super Bowl parties and World Cup parties and New Year's parties. Get togethers on account of a sporting event or a date change! Sometimes people have these things called dinner parties or garden parties to celebrate nothing in particular. Who gives a damn why folks are inviting you to a party? Go and be social, enjoy time spent with friends and family, and perhaps meet some new people. Or don't if you don't feel like it. But being butthurt because someone is hosting a get together (no matter what reason they're hosting it) seems pretty fucking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I remember using a phone to call people
View Quote

yeah me too, it sucked ass

OP, I'd just be happy that your friends are still making an effort to be socially active even after marriage/kids
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#24]
whats wrong with a gender party? i know people that throw them and ive been to a few. its a free party usually . so whats the big deal?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Life must suck for people who get worked up over getting invited to a party.  FFS
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blue = boy
Pink = girl

I was thinking 10, but your kid your rules.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Make sure they serve the afterbirth medium rare.  Otherwise it gets way too chewy.
View Quote
OMG, you owe me a screen and a KB.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#28]
We threw a gender reveal party last year for our little man.

Family and friends had fun. Burgers, beers, potato salad, etc. My grandfather didn't live out the summer (he was 94) to see his great grandson born, so it was good to have a celebration to share with him before he passed. He had a lot of fun that day. I did too.

But you're right, I mean it's a party for a little unborn baby who is wanted, loved, and will bring people happiness and joy. I can see how that's a bunch of bullshit pussy crap for women and betas.

I'm glad we had the party.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#29]
So ya feeling closer to Shitcago yet?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#30]
So far it sounds to me like an excuse to grill copious quantities of tasty meats and drink gallons of beer, then tell everyone what the baby will be.
At least that's how our friends would do it.

I guess I'm not seeing the problem here.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Jesus Christ, some of you are so anti-fun and anti-social its not even funny.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Why do some people think others get as excited as they are about them getting knocked up?

I could care less what sex who's baby is as long as it isn't mine.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is kinda like a baby shower thing.  OP chose well either way.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is this another way to get people to buy baby presents?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Just sounds like a party where they reveal gender. As long as they aren't expecting a bunch of presents in addition to shower presents, I don't get the big deal. Just another reason for a social gathering, where's the issue?

Sometimes my friends have gatherings, and there isn't even a real reason!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

We didn't get any presents at ours.  My wife spent several hundred bucks on food though.  I was just happy to get a shit ton of free pizza.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#38]
yes
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We didn't get any presents at ours.  My wife spent several hundred bucks on food though.  I was just happy to get a shit ton of free pizza.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

We didn't get presents either, just threw a summer backyard bash for family and friends. We even made some grandmas-to-be cry happy tears. It was a great day.

Some of you guys, sheesh. What a bunch of cynics.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#41]
OP, if you go, remember to carry a Confederate flag.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I think it's just where you reveal if the baby is a boy or a girl, with lots of pink or blue shit. Sounds like a subtle way of asking people to give them gifts.

They can't exactly call it a "Sex Party" now, can they?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think it's just where you reveal if the baby is a boy or a girl, with lots of pink or blue shit.

They can't exactly call it a "Sex Party" now, can they?

http://i.imgur.com/2JvHaP6.png
View Quote

how about "child sex party" ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

It is an extra event.  One of my friends is having one tomorrow night with all of his family and his wife's family.  They gave the results without looking to the woman that watches their first kid while they are at work so she could bake a cake in the corresponding color to the sex of the baby and frost it with white frosting.  Everyone including the parents will find out what sex the kid is when they cut the cake.  Oh the suspense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't they just call it a baby shower?  

Seriously, wtf is wrong with baby shower?  Is "shower" a trigger word for the stinky occutard types?

The impression I got was this is an extra "event"--with shower(s) to follow.  

It is an extra event.  One of my friends is having one tomorrow night with all of his family and his wife's family.  They gave the results without looking to the woman that watches their first kid while they are at work so she could bake a cake in the corresponding color to the sex of the baby and frost it with white frosting.  Everyone including the parents will find out what sex the kid is when they cut the cake.  Oh the suspense.
I sense the need for a surprise three-layer cake with at least two different colors baked in.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Just tell the wife, what's the point of going to it if they will probably end up changing it later.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ARFCOM is also filled with "pajama boy" types.  Do I get to choose which group to identify with?  

Perhaps you missed the part about the girl being an Occutard?  I'm thinking she won't be "converted" through her sheer force of will.  Her in-laws (my friends) are very active shooters.  If they haven't converted her, she is too strong to be converted.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ARFCOM is also filled with "pajama boy" types.  Do I get to choose which group to identify with?  

Perhaps you missed the part about the girl being an Occutard?  I'm thinking she won't be "converted" through her sheer force of will.  Her in-laws (my friends) are very active shooters.  If they haven't converted her, she is too strong to be converted.  

I may be wrong, but I think they are just announcing the gender...not assigning the gender, or choosing the gender.

They are first time parents I'm assuming. They're excited. Let them have their moment before their lives are taken over by baby shit and vomit.

Also, believe it or not, even liberals do "normal" things sometimes....their ridiculous beliefs don't really have a bearing on EVERYTHING they do....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Who cares what gender a baby is born as. They can just change it whenever they want anyways
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Son married unemployed hippie chick, now pregnant.

Celebrate now, it won't get better...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Isn't it kind of presumptuous for the parents to announce the gender of their baby?

Shouldn't that be up to the baby to decide when s/he comes of age?

Fucking Neanderthals

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Gender Party???

Muh Triggerssss!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top