Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#1]
i may be out of touch, but do troops really have to buy their own gear? it seems like a lot of this is common sense and should be provided. what's the deal?

Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i may be out of touch, but do troops really have to buy their own gear? it seems like a lot of this is common sense and should be provided. what's the deal?

View Quote

Nope. All essential gear is provided and then some. I'm just gathering a list of additional things that would really come in handy for the situation.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Pork products.  Pork Rinds, ect. and offer them up to any Iraqi prisoners you see.

Seriously though.  Did you have a small Bible on your list?

Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pork products.  Pork Rinds, ect. and offer them up to any Iraqi prisoners you see.

Seriously though.  Did you have a small Bible on your list?

View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rubbers work for muzzle caps.

Aviator
View Quote

[b]NON-Lubricated[/b] rubbers work great for a whole bunch of things. They tear easy and are hard to keep on though.

Tabasco and powdered drink mix (not koolaid needs to be sweetened - tastes like crap w/o a lb of sugar) esp if you think you're going to be using water tabs. Saw an awful lot of 1 ltr Evian last time. Maybe you'll luck out.

Ziploc bags. Keeps what ya want in - in, what ya want out (sand)- out. Whatever you bust wont be all over your kit either.[Edit - I missed it originally]

Makes your flashlight a LED or get a krill-light- 50 hours on 1 or 2 AA's and no bulbs to worry. Make sure everything runs on the same batteries (AA) if at all possible - extra batteries

I'll second these: Desitin, Imodium, Second Skin. Add Benadryl, more for sleep than antihistimine.

Imagine your not going to know what you're short of until you get situated. Line up some reliable shipping buddies who wont mind fronting you until you get home. Take more than you think you'll need, you'll need it or you can swap it for the things you'll invariably forget.

Bulldog - Atropine - knock that shit off

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#6]
This is not warm and sunny!

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0QwAAALcSb2ao*Q5ALVOQJ!lG0IOs42QkZR1n7LdW9sYFoh5e9rtT95Oz*VokLA!u!kmXRpECIanLRyWtBYZvqAO!NZkzdIBwSDEQ5pNT82M/Picture-001.jpg?dc=4675396739780172234[/img]

Hmmm...  must make picture larger...  I'll work on it.

fixed it...    yay,  my first picture.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Lots of reading material.  Probably won't be able to get cable.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Shamefull  BTT!!

Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Tylenol Cold tablets, Impossible to get ordinary cold medicine...you dont want that crappy psuedo-ephedrine red pill crap.

A lighter pack is always better so dont take too much but lots of Clean socks and skivvies are good tho.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top