Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks because I like his show The Profit.  I figured he'd be too careful to let his emotions get to him but damn... I mean, who does he think shops at Gander and Camping World?  Probably a lot of Trump supporters.  Dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Will go elsewhere and "still" won't watch the WWE style racing series you sponsor.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can we centralize a thread for all the companies?
View Quote
Second the motion
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The CEO is telling people not to shop in his stores.

Okay, I think I see the problem with their business plan.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I definitely won't be stopping by the local Gander Mountain. But I couldn't anyway because it went out of business.

This just confirms why it closed. Along with their stupid high prices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dont worry, i dont and wont shop for your overpriced offerings

View Quote
He can also take his high priced garbage merchandise and shove it up his a$$
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No problem.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Last time I bought something from them was......hmmm.....never.

My old man bought stuff from Gander way back in the day through catalogs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Scratch them off my list...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Is there a published list of businesses this guy Marcus Lemonis owns?

Why stop with avoiding his latest aquisition Gander Mountain,  when we can avoid spending a dime in any and all of his other businesses as well ?

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck you and your overpriced shit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Wonder how many of the REI and Starbucks customers buy campers and guns? What a tool.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Be careful what you wish for.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL most people that support Trump are the real american camping, hunting, and fishing kind.   This guy is off his god damn rocker.   Talk about a great way to kill your business.    
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's a list of the shiity companies Marcus Lemonis controls:

https://www.marcuslemonis.com/
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Well ok then. I won't. Good luck staying in business.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here's a list of the shiity companies Marcus Lemonis controls:

https://www.marcuslemonis.com/
View Quote
Thanks for that. Happy to see I don't know what most of those are and the ones I do recognize I don't patronize.

Went to a G. M. for the first time back in May. The parking lot was empty and I thought the place might be closed. Nope, walked in and it was a ghost town. I looked at their gun stuff, specifically reloading, and saw it was over-priced.

This Lemonis guy is a dope.

EDIT to remove the auto-link that appeared when I typed in the full name of the store.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I think the last time I shopped at a Gander was 12-15 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I went to the Gander Mountain store north of Richmond once.

They're damn prices were more outrageous than even Bass Pro.

They went out of business and a local gun/sports store moved in (expanded) and I shop there pretty often.

Gander who???
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#21]
As if they aren't already swirling the drain
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Let his Commie friends support his business.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Okey, dokey.  Never shopping there again!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Challenge accepted!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Even if you think that, why would you say it?  How could explicitly telling approximately half of the country to not shop at your store be a good idea?

No one sits around wondering what the political opinions are of the CEO of a failing outdoor supplies store.  If he hadn't said anything, no one would be saying "well jeez I wonder what the opinions were of that Gander Mountain CEO!".

I'm past giving a shit about what people think, I just don't understand how a CEO could be dumb enough to say something like that publicly.  

I'm sure it sucks enough to be a Gander Mountain executive trying to right the ship of a failing company, but then to have your CEO come out and tell half the country to not buy stuff from your store... FFS.  
View Quote
Thanks you saved me some typing.....this
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#26]
In a chaotic Tuesday news conference, Trump appeared to equate torch-bearing white nationalists with the protesters who demonstrated against them.

Such a fine piece of writing. Those demonstraters aren't any better than the nazis.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No problem.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#28]
How does someone as stupid as this CEO actually become...a CEO?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:25:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Says the fuckwit who had to shut down half his stores
View Quote
i went from central florida to northwest alabama about a month ago, every gander mountain i passed (that i could see from the interstate or hwy) was closed / had a sign saying we are closing. i think i saw about 10 of them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#30]
There was some really good deals over the last 3 weeks at the local Roanoke,Va store that is closing. Firearms were marked down 40%-50%. I bought a Savage Hog hunter .308 and a Savage 220f 20ga slug gun for $630. They had a few Remington 700 ADL combos for $300 as well.  Leupold bases and rings were $8. There were plenty deals to be had.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#31]
lol I already wasn't shopping at their overpriced shitshow.    Hurry up with your going out of business sale
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Says the fuckwit who had to shut down half his stores
View Quote
This.

OMG my stores are failing. It's NeoNazis fault.

Pls come buy overpriced shit from my stores.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#33]
What's good for the goose is never good for the gander...

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
 Robert J. Hanlon
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Gladly not shop there.

This company is listed as CWH on the NYSE; Camping World Holdings, Inc.  They also own Overton's so I will not be buying there either.  Overton's is the likely company owned by CWH that I would likely purchase from.

No more, and it's not a problem because in the past 2 years there are other online vendors that beat Overton's prices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#35]
You guys got it all wrong I believe. Lemonis is ceo of Camping World who Bought gander mountain out of
foreclose. He didn't run gander under. Still bad business I say.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm in the market for a 30k range fifth wheel.... camping world is nearby. I will make sure to oblige and make sure they know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#37]
lol, I bought a $200 hi power at gander mountains going out of business sale a couple weeks ago. To repeat, OUT OF BUSINESS!

MAGA
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Not a problem, Mr. Lemonis.  

Thanks for letting me know where not to spend my money to support my enemies.  I have some camping gear to buy soon, so good timing!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Fine by me: The only Gander Mountain near me closed last week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Seems many are missing the history and it's not even a statue in a park somewhere.

Gander Mountain sucked balls and filled bankruptcy.
At the end of April 2017, Marcus buys defunct company and liquidates inventory.
New reborn company owned by Marcus will be called Gander Outdoors.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#41]
will do.

What is that sound? Oh, wait..it's Gander/Camping world going down the shitter for good.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Gladly not shop there.

This company is listed as CWH on the NYSE; Camping World Holdings, Inc.  They also own Overton's so I will not be buying there either.  Overton's is the likely company owned by CWH that I would likely purchase from.

No more, and it's not a problem because in the past 2 years there are other online vendors that beat Overton's prices.
View Quote
Overton's was Gander Mountain's "catalogue" business which they tried unsuccessfully to sell off before the Gander Mountain bankruptcy.

When Gander went tits up, all of their merchandise stock was purchased  by three liquidators who were actually the ones keeping the doors open and running the sales.

Lemonis bought the company name and some of the property leases and most of the stores will be closing.

The new, much smaller, company will be renamed Gander Outdoors and the product mix will lean towards camping and RV sales.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow, Camping World too? Seems like most of their customers would be conservatives and supporters of Trump in the last election. I spent a couple hundred in one of their stores last year when we bought some supplies for our camper.

Not a problem. Their local store is located near a bunch of other camper/camping supply outfits that will get my business from now on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Really?
Ok, dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There was some really good deals over the last 3 weeks at the local Roanoke,Va store that is closing. Firearms were marked down 40%-50%. I bought a Savage Hog hunter .308 and a Savage 220f 20ga slug gun for $630. They had a few Remington 700 ADL combos for $300 as well.  Leupold bases and rings were $8. There were plenty deals to be had.
View Quote
Those sales were run by the independent liquidators who purchased all of Gander Mountain's inventory, not by the original Gander Mountain, or Lemonis's new company Gander Outdoors.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been a Good Sam member for many years and only just re-upped at the end of May.

I just emailed them and requested a refund.

I know, snowballs chance in hell.

They won't get any more of my money next year.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've been a Good Sam member for many years and only just re-upped at the end of May.

I just emailed them and requested a refund.

I know, snowballs chance in hell.

They won't get any more of my money next year.
View Quote
We had just joined last year while at CW in order to save a few bucks on whatever we were buying at the time. Just got the renewal notice in the mail and chucked it into the trash. We hadn't bought anything in the year since. It ain't like buying camping supplies is a weekly event where you need to be part of a savings club anyway.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Don't have to worry they closed all of your shitty over-priced store near me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I avoid it already but now I will make damn sure to avoid it.

His core customers are more trumpeters than not.

Fumduck
View Quote
Yeah, Im not sure who he thinks goes camping.

That shit is not cheap nor easy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm not overly fond of Trump but I will make it a point never to set foot in his shitty ass store again.

I've had it with the corporate virtue signaling.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top