Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt very many Trump supporters shopped there anyways.
Overpriced shit and the dumb asses working the gun counter.

Plenty of other alternatives. GM won't be missed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
well, ok.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
he's still CEO of Camping World also...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't shop there before, don't see any reason to begin now. Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#7]
WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND USED GLOCKS FOR $500 NOW?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gander is still in business?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]
"My Company." Huh, didn't know he personally owned it and all the stock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Isn't this the overpriced shithole store that just closed most of their locations? Fuck that cunt.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol.

The very-real reality is that Trump probably cost Gander Mtn their entire business.

Gander Mtn was expecting Hillary to win, and their overpriced gun related merchandise to fly off the shelves.

And... The type of folks who shopped at Gander Mtn... Outdoorsy folks... voted overwhelmingly for Trump.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I own two campers, a few dozen firearms, shoot somewhere around 8000 rounds a year.

I have no problem spending my money at the competition of both Camping mall and Gander Molehill.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]
For a second I was scared, I misread the headline as "if you don't like Trump, don't shop at gander". I was thinking that I'd have to go out and overpay for some crap.

ETA-Seriously, what are people like this thinking? A hunting and fishing store owner pissing off the right wing? How fucking stupid can you get?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#15]
LMAO over all of the responses. Gander Mountain is not mentioned anywhere in the article and the CEO had nothing to do with Gander Mountain or Ganders past performance etc.

He bought what was Gander and is combing four brand names into one store that will be called gander Outdoors. He is dramatically shrinking store sizes and the size of the hunting/gun section as he knows that gun sales has dropped dramatically since Trump was elected.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The one here went tits up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Says the fuckwit who had to shut down half his stores
View Quote
Jesus, he had to clean up the mess that  CEO Steven Pratt left him. Now Pratt gave control to his son David who never ran anything other than a lemonade stand. He could not get hired anywhere so dad gave him GM and surprise, it went into the shitter right quick.

Dad Pratt lives  near me and has an ownership stake in the St. Louis Cards..
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Waaay ahead of you on that one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Telling most of the kind of people that would even go to your stores, if one is still in business, and alienating them does not help your already floundering company.  Idiot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The only way this makes sense is if he is trying to take some of the Granola/Hipster market from REI.
View Quote
Yeah but that's how an idiot does it. There are far better ways to grab market share than alienating people.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck off! pansy bitch.

Your business is already tanking.  Proving what a winner you really are.  

I am glad the only time I have bought anything from that dump in the past 8 or more years was 70 percent off at a store closing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#22]
They're damn near all out of business anyway.   The store in Saginaw is already closed and the one in Flint will close in a couple weeks and they will be reopening as another store owned by Camping World.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gander Mountain went under and all stores around here closed. Th  So no problem not shopping there, not that I ever shopped there before.  The camping world guy bought what was left and was just keeping like 11 stores open from what I read.
View Quote
Yep....

All the crap they sell can be bought pretty much anywhere
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Done. Academy gets all my money now. Fuck off Marcus
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ah yes the old 'don't shop in my store' business strategy. Works every time.
View Quote
Pfft.... I know right??!!  Christ... and I'm sitting by a fire smoking a $.89 cigar.... knowing better than this chump.  I REALLY should have stayed in school. .
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For a second I was scared, I misread the headline as "if you don't like Trump, don't shop at gander". I was thinking that I'd have to go out and overpay for some crap.

ETA-Seriously, what are people like this thinking? A hunting and fishing store owner pissing off the right wing? How fucking stupid can you get?
View Quote
Liberalism. It's on display.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Duly noted. Done with Cabelas too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Okey dokey

Shithead
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Durp Dur Durp....
He needs to read his own tweets...

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't want to miss the chance to up my post count by not shopping at Gander Mt.  I've been in the store(s) a couple of times, but only for a gander.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Just to remind people. This guy is the NEW CEO of gander mountain.

And he's telling his customers not to shop there. He's also a leftist.

Holy fuck are these things mentally ill.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I wish I could stop, but I never started shopping there. Crappy prices & all.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it me or does it seem like alot of businesses lately have owners who like to shove their foot so far down their throat they can't ask for help to get it out?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#34]
No problem, little cunt. Fuck your shitty store.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Jesus, he had to clean up the mess that  CEO Steven Pratt left him. Now Pratt gave control to his son David who never ran anything other than a lemonade stand. He could not get hired anywhere so dad gave him GM and surprise, it went into the shitter right quick.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Says the fuckwit who had to shut down half his stores

Well then it sounds like he's doing a good job of continuing to run the brand into the ground.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#36]
You got it, Bub. I haven't done business with Gander for years. Now I'll no longer do business with CW either.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Well that sucks...  about the last place I like to go to but it's conveniently located for me and about the only place anywhere near me with a decent selection.  Everything I use gets ordered online now days but sometimes when I'm in a pinch...well I guess from now on I'll just be fucked.

Fuck Gander Mountain.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
For some time now (about 8-10 years) profits have not been job #1 for most large corporations.

Being politically correct, socially conscious and sucking up to the left have been.

I do often wonder what the end game is here, especially for the leftist tech companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft and the like. Eventually will they consolidate power to the point where can effectively blacklist average people who do not fit into the leftist agenda?

Combined, they already have the demographic info they would need to make that determination. Think about it, for a lot of us, it would be hellishly inconvenient both professionally and personally.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#39]
If you go to the Gander store locator web sight, there is a large graphic at the top that proudly proclaims "Going out of business".  This guy is a real risk taker.

Behold the risks this man takes for his cause.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm sure that'll help their already stellar financial performance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#41]
We stopped by one in Pa. a couple of months ago. My wife said, "buy some ammo since they are going out of business". I stood there looking around and I think AR15 mags were around $50
and .40 cal FMJ Winchester White Box was around $40 dollars for 50 rounds.

We left and told them to go fuck themselves and vowed to have nothing to do with them again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#42]
He should post it on the door as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
For some time now (about 8-10 years) profits have not been job #1 for most large corporations.

Being politically correct, socially conscious and sucking up to the left have been.

I do often wonder what the end game is here, especially for the leftist tech companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft and the like. Eventually will they consolidate power to the point where can effectively blacklist average people who do not fit into the leftist agenda?

Combined, they already have the demographic info they would need to make that determination. Think about it, for a lot of us, it would be hellishly inconvenient both professionally and personally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What became of one of the old Bells (telecom) met the same fate as gander because they couldn't stop donating money to leftist groups and foundations. They went full affirm-action and fired tons of people in the name of diversity. One of the biggest telecoms in history went under due to liberalism. Everyone under executive watched as their careers were destroyed over politics.

Minorities on the team found that they couldn't be fired, left without notice, remaining on the payroll because they were untouchable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Is Camping World still a Nascar sponsor? Way to piss off your remaining customer base. Or does he plan on opening some stores in the rich and vibrant parts of town?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Never knowingly shopped or ordered anything from them or their affiliates so "Challenge accepted".
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Used to work for cw. Lemonis is a fucking dick and his failing companies are a sign of his politics.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No problem.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#48]
No problem
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Can we centralize a thread for all the companies?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#50]
lol? Good to know.

Liberalism truly is a mental illness. No sane person would think that was a good idea.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top