Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Good, it'll be good for you to do something other than video games. Video games are a waste of time and money.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Solution:

Sell X-box, buy ammo.

Problem solved. You have more fun and gain actual skills.

Unless you're not old enough, in which case save the $ for your B-day, and buy ammo then.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good, it'll be good for you to do something other than video games. Video games are a waste of time and money.

Not knocking gamers cause I've never tried it, but when I was a teen I had hobbies like cars and girls to attend to. That kept me plenty busy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not knocking gamers cause I've never tried it, but when I was a teen I had hobbies like cars and girls to attend to. That kept me plenty busy.

What the hell is wrong with you? You left out guns!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude!  Put down the XBox, get out of the house, go play paintball or even airsoft.  

I'm surprised you poor kids don't get carpal tunnel syndrome from both of your thumbs pushing buttons for 20 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Why did you buy the elite when you already had a 360?  Really doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell is wrong with you? You left out guns!

When I was a teen we didn't play with guns unless someone needed to be shot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good, it'll be good for you to do something other than video games.

Quoted:
Dude!  Put down the XBox, get out of the house, go play paintball or even airsoft.  

I'm surprised you poor kids don't get carpal tunnel syndrome from both of your thumbs pushing buttons for 20 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Quote for me the part of his post where he says playing games is the only thing he ever does.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quote for me the part of his post where he says playing games is the only thing he does, ever.

No, no. Its fine for those people to say what they will and make whatever assumptions they want to about me. But, hey, you know what? Its very strange to me, these people suggesting that i am fat and lazy because I play video games...and yet almost every video i see of people going out shooting, and hey, most people i see out at the range, are far fatter than I am?

Let me just relate a little info about myself. I am an Eagle scout, I have hiked through Philmont (and attended leadership training there). I canoed through the Bissett High Adventure scout base in canada. I have gone camping, hiking, fishing, or shooting at least twice a week all summer. And i will be heading off to UT in a few weeks, as a member of their Plan II Honors Program. Oh, and I have a wonderful girlfriend that i have been going out with for nearly 4 years. But hey, youre right. I am a lazy loser and all i do is play video games. Now excuse me, my girl is coming over today for a little Gears of War and some sex afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#10]
why cant YOU remember the password?? and whats wrong with the original email address?? ive had the same one for 13yrs.  also stop blaming others because you lost the password and you dont use the same email address.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quote for me the part of his post where he says playing games is the only thing he does, ever.

No, no. Its fine for those people to say what they will and make whatever assumptions they want to about me. But, hey, you know what? Its very strange to me, these people suggesting that i am fat and lazy because I play video games...and yet almost every video i see of people going out shooting, and hey, most people i see out at the range, are far fatter than I am?

Let me just relate a little info about myself. I am an Eagle scout, I have hiked through Philmont (and attended leadership training there). I canoed through the Bissett High Adventure scout base in canada. I have gone camping, hiking, fishing, or shooting at least twice a week all summer. And i will be heading off to UT in a few weeks, as a member of their Plan II Honors Program. Oh, and I have a wonderful girlfriend that i have been going out with for nearly 4 years. But hey, youre right. I am a lazy loser and all i do is play video games. Now excuse me, my girl is coming over today for a little Gears of War and some sex afterwards.

You deserve a pat on your back.

And a kick in the balls for blaming microsoft for being unable to remember your own password to your e-mail address.

Start there sucka, don't blame microsoft a problem which is obviously yours.

Red Ring of Death? DVD drive dead? Scratched DVDs? Blame ole Bill Gates then.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#12]
After parsing your incredibly hard-to-read paragraph into individual sentences and reading:

I just wanted to report something so utterly inane and ridiculous that it boggles my mind.

Ok, the setup.

My dad originally set up my xbox live account, back when i was playing Halo 2 on the original Xbox.

He set up a password for it at that time.

Ok, i buy a 360 the DAY it comes out, i waited up all night to purchase it.

On that day i migrate my xbox live account.

There was some sort of issue or another, and so the folks at Xbox live set up a nice internet domain for us to use.

same password and everything.

So i recently bought a 360 Elite.

I attempt to migrate my Xbox live account, should be simple, right?

I call my dad to get the password...he forgot it.

Ok, no problem, i say to myself.

I call Xbox customer support.

They cant give me the password, and refer me to windows live customer support.

Fine.

I email them and make them aware of the issue.

They say an email has been sent.

To the email domain that Microsoft set up.

That doesnt exist anymore.

I ask that they forward it to my email address.

They wont, for security purposes.

Fine.

I will get my dad to verify who we are.

He calls them.

Gives them credit card info, our address, our phone number, the answer to the secret question, our full names, any and all info they might need.

They refuse to give us the password.

Try Windows live customer support.

Now we are starting to get pissed off.

We contact windows live again.

They refuse to send the password to my email, despite the fact they have verified in every concievable way who I am.

We call Xbox live again.

They have us write windows live again, detailing the situation.

We do.

We dont recieve a reply for 8 hours.

We call Xbox live again, They refuse to help until we either recieve a reply from windows live or 24 hours has passed.

Next day, we recieve an email that says the exact same thing as the previous email.

We contact xbox live.

for "security reasons" they wont send the password to my email, despite the fact that it is the backup email for the account, as all the billing is taken care of through that email address.

These security reasons seem to ignore the fact that we have access to credit card info and ANY pertinent info they may need.

They suggest we create a new account.

Fine.

How do i get all the premium content (about $75 worth) to the new account.

They inform us that it cant be done.

I have no idea what else to do.

I inform them of their stupidity and hang up.

I now am up shit creek without a paddle.

To summarize, Xbox Live refused to:

Tell me the password, Send the password to the alternate email on the account, or transfer my premium content.

This seriously hurts me as a consumer, particularly seeing the mass quantites of money and time i have devoted to the Xbox.

I have no idea what to do, i suppose I will make a new account and re-buy all the content.

I feel seriously stuck.

I just wanted to make everyone aware that Microsoft has no problem screwing their customers over to the Nth degree.

I wish that the PS3 had the games the xbox does, I would kiss microsoft goodbye and head on over to sony.

But as it is I am utterly and completely stuck.

It sounds like you got screwed.
In my opinion, you'd be well served if you ditched the Xbox completely and used that time to learn how to write. Please start by learning what a sentence is.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good, it'll be good for you to do something other than video games.

Quoted:

Quote for me the part of his post where he says playing games is the only thing he ever does.

This seriously hurts me as a consumer, particularly seeing the mass quantites of money and time i have devoted to the Xbox.

Happy now?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn this thread crash and burned FAST.

Seriously, you guys are harsh.  Big deal.  He has an Xbox360 and plays a lot.  So do I and I'm 35.  When Halo3 comes out, I'll be getting it day one and probably play it non stop until I finish it.

If I could shoot guns non-stop, I would, but I have to use FPS games to get my shooting time in.  I'd prefer to go out to my land(if I had some) and shoot tannerite.  

The ONLY thing that caught my attention, and I warned the OP about was starting his gripe mentioning "his dad bought", b/c I figured all the self righteous people on here would focus on that.  I was wrong though and everyone attacked his playing video games.

His gripe regarding his Live account is actually valid though.  I had forgotten that when you are connected to Live, your "skill" level and achievements are saved centrally for when you enter an online game, you are evenly matched.  Also records stats, achievements, etc.  If someone has been playing and accumulating a while, that is a pretty big loss, and starting over would really suck.

Finally, I STILL want to know if the resolution is significantly improved by an HDMI connection over the component.  I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to the new Pro, or even the Elite.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Scratched DVDs? Blame ole Bill Gates then.
Actually you don't blame ole Billy Gates on scratched DVD's.  YOU are responsible for taking care of your own stuff.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually you don't blame ole Billy Gates on scratched DVD's.  YOU are responsible for taking care of your own stuff.

Actually, the X-Box has a problem where DVD drives scratch the DVDs so bad you can't play them.

You're not a frequenter of Kotaku, Destructoid, or X-boxfanboy eh?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, the X-Box has a problem where DVD drives scratch the DVDs so bad you can't play them.

You're not a frequenter of Kotaku, Destructoid, or X-boxfanboy eh?
I have a PS2.

I'll never buy an Xbox again.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dude, no offense, but you lost everyone here with your "my dad bought" statements.

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
   All right, update. We finally talked to a kind and helpful Xbox live rep. As it turned out, my account had been hacked by someone, apparently a long time ago without my knowing. The Xbox Live rep was EXTREMELY helpful, and because of his time with us, I have my account back. This whole incident was nobodies fault but the faggot hacker that stole and changed my info. Luckily, he was unable to touch the credit card.

I would like to say thank you to the very few people that attempted to understand my situation. I would also like to say to the whole group of people that implied that i was fat, lazy, stupid for forgetting my password (which was not forgotten, but stolen), or that i was merely a dumb child clinging to my parents checkbook: I sincerely hope that if/when you have an issue, you do not encounter the large amount of ignorant, assinine, and downright foolish comments and viewpoints that were so rampant in this thread.

Finally, I dont think you are going to experience a DRAMATIC increase due to the use of an HDMI cable, unless you have a large HDTV. That said, if you dont require/want the extra memory the elite offers, then the Premium 360's have been upgraded to include an HDMI output.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
   All right, update. We finally talked to a kind and helpful Xbox live rep. As it turned out, my account had been hacked by someone, apparently a long time ago without my knowing. The Xbox Live rep was EXTREMELY helpful, and because of his time with us, I have my account back. This whole incident was nobodies fault but the faggot hacker that stole and changed my info. Luckily, he was unable to touch the credit card.

I would like to say thank you to the very few people that attempted to understand my situation. I would also like to say to the whole group of people that implied that i was fat, lazy, stupid for forgetting my password (which was not forgotten, but stolen), or that i was merely a dumb child clinging to my parents checkbook: I sincerely hope that if/when you have an issue, you do not encounter the large amount of ignorant, assinine, and downright foolish comments and viewpoints that were so rampant in this thread.

Finally, I dont think you are going to experience a DRAMATIC increase due to the use of an HDMI cable, unless you have a large HDTV. That said, if you dont require/want the extra memory the elite offers, then the Premium 360's have been upgraded to include an HDMI output.

Welcome to GD.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top