BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Like many I disagree with some of his decisions but I respect him and he showed himself to be a true man of class and dignity.

I disagreed with a lot of what he did.

But he was presidential and seems to be a good man, neither one of those attributes can be associated with the petulant manchild currently occupying the oval office.

ETA: His (I am pretty sure) off the cuff bullhorn speech on the back of a firetruck at the WTC after the events of 9-11 is up there in the most striking of all presidential speeches. Still gives me chills to hear it to this day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#2]
There are many things that politicians are in love with....money, power, acclaim, ideologies, the UN, victimhood, (their own) intellectualism, ethincities, races, the environment.

W has and will continue to love America.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
President Bush loves his county, and not only for the opportunities it gives his family. President Bush loves his country because he loves, he actually has a genuine fomdness for, all of his countrymen. He wants each and every one of us succeed in whatever course we choose to pursue happiness. He truly believes that we are all equal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]

I very highly respect the man even though I did not understand some of his decisions.

Sure do miss him.

Hell, at this point, I miss Bill & Hillary.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"...there was one last classy move not many saw. The program nearly over, Sgt. 1st Class Alvy R. Powell Jr. came to the side of the stage to perform the “Star Spangled Banner.” A big, powerful black man, Mr. Powell belted out the anthem. With the crowd applauding, the sergeant moved along the line of people, shaking hands with all. After greeting W, he turned to go. But the 43rd president put his hand on the sergeant’s arm and said, “Stay,” just as a chaplain stepped forward to give a benediction.

So the final tableau of the day: Five presidents, five first ladies, heads bowed in prayer. And Sgt. 1st Class Alvy R. Powell Jr. No one, really, just the man a president asked to “stay."

And this is why a certain group of far leftists hate him so viscerally.  It's not because of Iraq, or Afghanistan, or anything else he did.  It's because he's everything they aren't, everything they could never be and somewhere in their subconscious minds, they know it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only mistakes W made all involved caving in to the petulant and insane demands of the lefties.

We have had three great Presidents in my adult lifetime.   One named Reagan, and two named Bush.

Of the democratic Presidents we've had,  the best I can say for or about any of them is that Clinton didn't fuck things up beyond all hope of repair.
But he certainly made some messes.

Carter was an idiot, and apparently, still is.   Obama is a narcissistic fool and complete stoolie for those who pull his strings.  He is completely
disconnected with the idea of what an American is all about, and has no intention of learning.

Prepare to have suprise affections placed against your colon by the Libertarians

when i was a kid, my parents would buy these $5 lawnmowers at a yard sale.

then i'd be mowing the grass and the fucker would break down or seize up

then they'd say, "cyborg broke another lawnmower, that stupid little bastard"

that's the attitude of the voters.

our country is literally teetering on the edge of ruin and everyone's insisting that it all happened in the last 5 years

Obama cannot ruin the country on his own.

In fact, he not quite as effective at ruining the country as the other guys.

Clinton was a political virtuoso, he understood the public and politics like the einstein of schmoozing

Obama is a clueless amateur compared to clinton

a guy like GWB or clinton is 100X as dangerous as Obama, because Obama is an arrogant fuckup

Though I admit that Obamacare was a massive home run hit for that evil communist fuckstain

Quoted:
There are many things that politicians are in love with....money, power, acclaim, ideologies, the UN, victimhood, (their own) intellectualism, ethincities, races, the environment.

W has and will continue to love America.

Michael Jackson has hardcore fans who flatly refuse to believe that he was a gay child molester

even though every single thing the guy did was a page out of the gay child molester handbook

so i understand your mindset, this isn't a new concept to me

human beings make decisions on an emotional level, the advertizing companies spend billions per year proving it

think harder.

It's your patriotic duty and moral obligation to ask unpleasant questions

and with that I'll step out this thread.

I get worked up over the slow death of my country.

The worst part of all this is the excellent young people getting maimed and killed overseas.   The best military ever put to the worst use ever for the worst reason ever.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only mistakes W made all involved caving in to the petulant and insane demands of the lefties.

We have had three great Presidents in my adult lifetime.   One named Reagan, and two named Bush.

Of the democratic Presidents we've had,  the best I can say for or about any of them is that Clinton didn't fuck things up beyond all hope of repair.

But he certainly made some messes.

Carter was an idiot, and apparently, still is.   Obama is a narcissistic fool and complete stoolie for those who pull his strings.  He is completely

disconnected with the idea of what an American is all about, and has no intention of learning.

Prepare to have suprise affections placed against your colon by the Libertarians

I AM a Libertarian....or, more properly, a conservative with certain closely held, fundamentally Libertarian beliefs.

Most of the mistakes W made were in concession to demands from the libtards.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't agree with him various policies particulary those on nation building and of course the bailout, but one thing I know for sure is that he loves America.  I cannot say the same thing about our current POTUS.

After his speech, I turned to my wife and said I cannot believe that I would actually miss him speaking.  Hearing BHO speak for the past 4+ years almost had me forget what 'Presidential' looked like.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I didn't agree with him various policies particulary those on nation building and of course the bailout, but one thing I know for sure is that he loves America.  I cannot say the same thing about our current POTUS.

After his speech, I turned to my wife and said I cannot believe that I would actually miss him speaking.  Hearing BHO speak for the past 4+ years almost had me forget what 'Presidential' looked like.  

As much as I had issue with some of his choices and as poor a public speaker as he was, you hit the nail on the head when Bush is lit from below with the light of Obama's speeches and actions.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#10]
My only regret is that I was too late to enlist under W.
I would have liked to refer to the Commander in Chief with more respect than I feel currently
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Obama is a narcissistic fool and complete stoolie for those who pull his strings.  He is completely

This sums it up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't hate the man, he certainly is far classier than the current POTUS, but this thread is thick with disillusionment.  W's policies WERE AWFUL. He got beat up by the media for crappy  stuff, but ethanol gas, TARP, Patriot Act, Mexico-Viciente Fox-border, big spending, ineffective military leadership are some of the obvious.  Sure I'd much rather have him than Obama, but he still took us a down a shitty path with his bad decisions.  He's buying up land in South America too.....I don't think he's in it for the long haul...he's self serving and comes from a long line of exploiters.  You know he is directly related to 2 former Presidents, neither of which were good for the country.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Is this a legit photo?

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

when i was a kid,

We get it. You enjoy the taste of BHO's cum. Now get the fuck out of this thread!

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

when i was a kid,

We get it. You enjoy the taste of BHO's cum. Now get the fuck out of this thread!

When I referred to Obama as an evil communist fuckstain, you took that to mean i'm a rabid fan.

okey dokey

Good job, Masterbrain

Some people might have thought I was saying that the previous presidents were just a more clever and dangerous version of Obama, dedicated to expanding government at the expense of freedom

but they don't have your awesome ninja "brane" powers

See this?

http://costofwar.com/

That debt is unpayable.  Last time this happened was vietnam, which bankrupted the country.   The result was hyperinflation and the stock market flatlined from 1970 to 1983.

When the dust settled, the middle class was decimated.

Round 2 is coming soon

when they get done printing money to cover this disaster, you will not recognize the USA

but never mind about all that, it's internet name-calling time!   wooooooooo!
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not at all

GWB was absolutely correct when he declared "mission accomplished".

The mission was to enslave the middle class with massive unpayable debt.

So we engaged in an endless war that has already cost 60 times what it was projected to cost.

That's like your wife going to buy a new car for $33K and coming home with a car that cost $2M.

And you guys just cannot get enough of it, like a dog lapping up it's own puke.

Wake up.  It's puke.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am not a fan of W, but by comparison , he outshined everyone on that stage.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/w-outclasses-barack-and-bill-without-even-trying/

Course that's not hard considering the company he was in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#18]
If I could meet and shake the hand of any man in the world, it would be George Walker Bush. God Bless him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I respect W.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I could meet and shake the hand of any man in the world, it would be George Walker Bush. God Bless him.

Why?  Have you not had anyone more impressionable in life?  I'd like to shake an ole Majors hand.....guy stuck up for me thru nasty stuff.  Read up on the Bush family before extolling him as a a great man..... the politics of the family is quite disgusting.  As I said earlier check into W's new  98,840 acres of land in Chaco, Paraguay and what they are doing.  Ronald Reagan got stuck with Bush Sr and hated his guts.  Ronald Reagan knew what this family was all about.  Don't drink the Bush Koolaid.

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#21]

I don't think so, if you look at the shadows there are two light sources while obamas hand only has one.

I'm going to call that one shopped.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#22]
When I saw his speech at the dedication yesterday, I almost forgot he wasn't president anymore. Now that says something about the man.
On the other hand, I watch our current president address the country and wish I could forget he was president.
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all

So we engaged in an endless war that has already cost 60 times what it was projected to cost.

That's like your wife going to buy a new car for $33K and coming home with a car that cost $2M.

Wake up.  It's puke.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/96/96b57e68_holland-meme-generator-awwwwwww-he-s-so-mad-f66847.jpeg

Arfcom GD is the exact equivalent to the DU website.

What Stalin called "useful idiots."

This country has been destroyed by a virtually unpayable debt.   That's not an exaggeration.

And you guys are slobbering with delight because some phony "compassionate conservative" knows how to make a elegant speech.

Cheerleading your destruction because you lack imagination to do inductive logic.

hardee har har

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all

Wake up.  It's puke.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/96/96b57e68_holland-meme-generator-awwwwwww-he-s-so-mad-f66847.jpeg

Arfcom GD is the exact equivalent to the DU website.

What Stalin called "useful idiots."

This country has been destroyed by a virtually unpayable debt.   That's not an exaggeration.

And you guys are slobbering with delight because some phony "compassionate conservative" knows how to make a elegant speech.

Cheerleading your destruction because you lack imagination to do inductive logic.

hardee har har

It's good you've identified the problem. What are you going to do about it?
And if Arfcom attracts idiots... what are you doing here?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top