Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
bringing home the bacon
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
you shot three pigs yourself with a shotgun at one time????????????  sorry bro but something doesnt add up. Either that or your an exceptional shot.

It's not like it's a break action.

Clays are much smaller than hogs, just saying...
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#3]
What time is dinner tonight, M4?    I   I'm bringing AJ, Gravity, Osiris, Hydro, Rock, Cody, Norris, and Chops with me   You might want to get your ass back out there and get a couple more so we have enough.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice! Good dog! Gotta let him in on that feast..
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
you shot three pigs yourself with a shotgun at one time????????????  sorry bro but something doesnt add up. Either that or your an exceptional shot.

What doesn't add up?  

Wild hogs enter yard and begin to fuck up the grass
Dog barks at noise
OP gets up and grabs shotgun that is loaded to the hilt with buckshot
OP then goes all Clint Eastwood and tells them to get off his lawn
OP proceeds to shoot wild hogs that are fucking up the yard
OP then receives copius amounts of bacon and sausage

What dosen't add up?

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice! Good dog! Gotta let him in on that feast..

Only if you want him having the screaming Jesus squirts all night long.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i demand pics of em on the smoker.

also that is an 1100 correct?

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well, I guess I'm an exceptional shot by your standards then. It really isn't that hard.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Dumb Question...

Is there away that you can tell if they have any diseases? I know they prolly have parasites and such.

I allways wondered about people eating wild game in general. I know cooking kills alot of stuff but what if they have something that doesnt get killed by heat?

No concerns about it at all?

I am just curious.

Either way.. good for you to get rid of those things.. the destruction they do is horrible for farmers

I don't think I'd eat too much feral pig that wasn't fully cooked.

Deer/Elk/Moose, I don't have a problem with medium.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

everytime i go to a gun shop i can never find an 1100 or 1187, with a 20" barrel ( give or take 1-2" ) that has RIFLE sights....
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What time is dinner tonight, M4?    I
  I'm bringing AJ, Gravity, Osiris, Hydro, Rock, Cody, Norris, and Chops with me
  You might want to get your ass back out there and get a couple more so we have enough.

You guys are all welcome. Just bring lots of beer. Oh, too bad most of you are snowed in and can't leave your houses.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What time is dinner tonight, M4?    I   I'm bringing AJ, Gravity, Osiris, Hydro, Rock, Cody, Norris, and Chops with me   You might want to get your ass back out there and get a couple more so we have enough.

You guys are all welcome. Just bring lots of beer. Oh, too bad most of you are snowed in and can't leave your houses.

It just so happens that I will be in the Destin area this weekend and would love an excuse to sling some lead from the AR. What part of FL are you in out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#14]
What part of Florida?  My daughter lives in the middle of and orange grove about 50 miles inland from Sarasota.  Her property is filled with pigs, turkey and deer.  Nearest neighbor is about half mile away.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What part of Florida?  My daughter lives in the middle of and orange grove about 50 miles inland from Sarasota.  Her property is filled with pigs, turkey and deer.  Nearest neighbor is about half mile away.

I'm in the Gainesville area.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Dinner pics later?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#17]
7/10.......no blading, no adrenalin dump, no MS Paint.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Bacon for the win....... x 3!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey man...I'm in Florida.  Do you mind if I swing on by with my AR, beer and maybe a few pizzas?  I always wanted to take some hog ever since I moved here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice. Wish I could do that-I'm pretty sure the downstairs neighbors would shit kittens if I opened up in the middle of the night.

I had three different neighbors come outside to see what was going on. They all knew it was me killing pigs though. This isn't the first time this has happened. They were were all happy I got a few.

I thought I remembered see that cart before

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Just don't drive through Alabama with copious amounts of booze!!  They will lock you up for bootlegging and tag you with a felony!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, cause that would be like, impossible!

Next you'd probably claim that people can shoot little tiny 4" orange discs flying thougth the air with a shotgun!  BALDERDASH!!

(good shoots, M4. I still waiting for the little piggies to come back to my back yard. I gotta similar suprise for them)

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#23]
*supposedly* i'm going to go pig hunting one of these days. The pastor of my church owns around 10k acres in MS and they have quite a severe hog problem.

Do ARs generally work well on em (maybe with 62gr run of the mill HPs) or should I go with something more exotic like 75gr? I'd also be taking a 45 and a 270 with me for non AR situations.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I would pay you money to let me shoot some of those oinkers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I would pay you money to let me shoot some of those oinkers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No you are just a retard.  I have shot 4 deer with a pump shotgun at one time.  No big deal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Why are your shells upside down on the side saddle???
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn!  Good shoot.  Good doggie.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Make sure the k9 gets some of that meat.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

everytime i go to a gun shop i can never find an 1100 or 1187, with a 20" barrel ( give or take 1-2" ) that has RIFLE sights....

Just get a standard ribbed barrel on a used 1100 save some money. Take it to a gunsmith and have him cut the barrel to 20", thread it for chokes. put on a large night sight front bead with a small mid bead and finaly cut a dovetail in the back of the rib for a 10/22 sight. You then have the best of both worlds. I use the beads for all the shot and slugs to 75yrds or so and then filp up the rear sight for the really long slug shots using the front bead for the front sight. It's a relativly common 3gun setup. You should be under 190 for all of the work and a set of chokes. You may need to open up the gas ports, I just brought a numbered drill bit set with me to the range and progressed up by one number until it functioned with all the loads I use. Save some money and do that yourself, super easy.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#31]
There was just a show on the Discovery channel about the hog invasion. Shooting/hunting/poisoning/trapping isnt doing shit to stop the over population. They are predicting 10 million hogs in the near future.

They even brought up the superhogs....if the food is available, and the right breeding takes place there could eventually be a wild hog standing 6 feet at the shoulder They said it was unlikely, but very possible.

Escaped pigs are mating with Russian boars that were introduced in the past.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Did'nt someone post these same pics before. Like years ago.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Every time I see a title similar to this one, I already know, but I hope....
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You sound like you want an 1100 tactical with Ghost ring sights.  Pricey, but well set up from the factory.

The breacher brake on the muzzle is a choke tube, and can be replaced by standard rem chokes BTW
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I guess the pup is getting his own pork chop tonight then?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]
TRIPLE KILL
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice. Wish I could do that-I'm pretty sure the downstairs neighbors would shit kittens if I opened up in the middle of the night.

I had three different neighbors come outside to see what was going on. They all knew it was me killing pigs though. This isn't the first time this has happened. They were were all happy I got a few.

I thought I remembered see that cart before

Probably from this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=892481

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Why are your shells upside down on the side saddle???

If I'm shooting for speed like in a 3-gun match, then they go in from bottom. Otherwise, I keep them going in from the top.They just seem more secure that way.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top