Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
So I'm a simple f**k, ohwell. Maybe it's a challenge just because of my simple mindedness? Hmmm, aim gun pull trigger, it's just that simple right? Just like bagging a deer is just as easy as going out finding a deer and killing it right, after all where's the challenge in that?

When I hunt for deer i go to a rather large refuge to hunt them. you can't brign any type of car, truck, or ATV so you walk for miles. There is aslo a lot of snow which you are forced to deal with. Thats just to find a deer. Then try draging it out agian. So there is just i little more challange than baiting and sitting on top of a roof waiting for a defenceless cat.
[sniper]

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Imposter,

Cats don't walk up to kids and scratch them. The kids mess with the cats.

Cats tearing things up?  You mean garbage?  I believe that is why we have garbage cans with lids.

Why should you inconvenience yourself to save the life of a cat?  Hmmm...I dunno.  Maybe because you want a decent human being?

I spend half my life in the city, half in a very rural area.  I have tons of stray cats in the city, tons of pet cats that go outside(including mine).  In the country, I have a problem with coyotes and wild dogs.

Never have I even considered harming any of these animals.  In the country, I don't let my pets outside when it is dark, and I don't leave trash outside.  No problems.

In the city, I use garbage cans.  I find cats sleeping on my car because its warm, leaving muddy paw prints everywhere.  I shoo them off. If the car is clean, I use a car cover.   Are muddy paw prints worth the life of a animal?

All of you (can't find word bad enough)s that kill these animals don't do so because you have to.  Stop trying to make it sound like you are the victim.  You are a sick sadistic asshole who tries to justify his depravity.

I used to think liberals were the enemy.  Liberals are just well meaning idiots.  You are the real enemey...you created the liberals, and you deserve whatever you get.

Bill Wallace

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Woo hoo!!  Glad to see my feral cat trap caught another big bad dumbass mofo.  From Oklahoma no less.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#4]
There are millions of people who depend on feral cats for their next meal! Don't kill it if you not going to BBQ it! This is such a waste. Dogs are the same way! How many stray dogs have you seen outside of a yo quiero Taco whatever???
My $.02 worth.
BigDozer66  [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That said, I do not bait these pests, the whole point is to keep them OFF of my land. If you are purposely bringing them onto your land to shoot them, you are sick and need help.
View Quote

You set out bait and traps just like you do
for roachs and rats. Nothing sick about it.
View Quote

Nope, not the same.

I bait roaches to kill them when they are already on my property, and are annoying me. No way I would try to attract more roaches from other places to kill them.

Likewise, I may shoot a cat on my land, as the owner should know better than to let his property violate mine, but, I'm not going to try to attract them, I want them off! I want no domestic animals loose on my land, owned or not, and I don't believe I'd enjoy shooting them. It is just too bad if I do, but I don't set out to do it, and don't get my kicks offing BAITED domestic animals. When you bait them, they aren't pests, because you attracted them on to your land where they otherwise might never have gone.

Juggernaut

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I say kill all the motherfuckers, and let god sort them out!!  
Fire it up!!!
Fire it up!!!!
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Where is it that you people live that you can just shoot your neighbor's pets for going on your property without either going to jail, getting your head shot off by the owner, or starting a blood feud?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bill Wallace:
Where is it that you people live that you can just shoot your neighbor's pets for going on your property without either going to jail, getting your head shot off by the owner, or starting a blood feud?
View Quote

America.

Mind if I park my car in your backyard? I really can't control it. It won't bother you if you don't go near it. Hope you don't have to inconvenience yourself.

Juggernaut(Responsible dog owner)
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Fluffy seems concerned.

[img]http://members.aol.com/govtthug/images/fluffy.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#10]
HEHE,
Our esteemed Mr. Wallace is from NY.....that explains it [:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
RBAD.
What the story behind all of the dead cats?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#13]

HEHE,
Our esteemed Mr. Wallace is from NY.....that explains it
View Quote

NY is a very rural state with pretty good gun laws.  I got a ccw just by asking for it.  Too many people see NY and think NYC.

However, being from red-neck west-bubblefuck backwards sister-fucking hillbilly no education having sheep fucking bible thumping pickup driving tobaco chewing no-work-no-money-having states certainly does excuse you from actually being expected to know anything about anywhere outside your backyard.

I sincerely apologize for expecting you to be anything other than a redneck savage.  

As for parking a car in my back yard, I would tell you to leave, if you did not, call the police.  I certainly would not shoot you.  But some places just don't value life.  But then again, if your own life is worthless, how can you be expected to value someone or something else's?

You know, that explains everything. I feel sorry for you.  But not sorry enough not to want you to suffer for what you have done.

Whoever lost his rabbits to cats...those cats didn't kill those rabits, you did.  By leaving them out where anyone could have gotten to them.  Oh but then again, I am expecting you to have some common sense and take some responsibility for your own stupi...I mean your own actions.  No, that would not work in this day and age.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Thought that cat pic in Garryowen's post looked familiar, its fred, the cat who got the enema!

[url]www.catenema.com[/url]

[img src="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1659371&a=12735356&p=47688386]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#15]
You get pleasure out of killing domestic animals, I'm not a fruity activist or anything, but that is really sick, I guess it hasn't occurred to you that to a any cat that tuna is highly desireable and you might be killing some little girl's cat, "Mommy mommy, where's kitty?", "Sorry honey, the A$$hole nextdoor killed it!"
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#16]

As for parking a car in my back yard, I would tell you to leave, if you did not, call the police.  I certainly would not shoot you.  But some places just don't value life.  But then again, if your own life is worthless, how can you be expected to value someone or something else's?

You know, that explains everything. I feel sorry for you.  But not sorry enough not to want you to suffer for what you have done.

Whoever lost his rabbits to cats...those cats didn't kill those rabits, you did.  By leaving them out where anyone could have gotten to them.  Oh but then again, I am expecting you to have some common sense and take some responsibility for your own stupi...I mean your own actions.  No, that would not work in this day and age.

Bill Wallace
View Quote

mmm-hmmm... so Garryowen is supposed to lock up his wild rabbits so that the free roaming domestic cat, obviously the future Emperor of the Universe, and an emissary from the feline mothership which brainwashed you, will not kill them?

Why should we be at the mercy of other's pets? Why don't cat owners take responsibility for THEIR OWN FRICKIN' CATS, so that we don't have to hear you tell us that "personal responsibility" means hiding your stuff from the irresponsible people you support! DUH!
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If anyone where to look out in there backyard and see a strange dog, they would have a fit (and rightly so)…So why is it Ok for cats to have free run of the world? I used to have rabbits and I no longer do…On the day my rabbits were replaced by a pile of bones and fur, I went out into my front yard with a few choice bits of rabbit in my hands and declared to all my neighbors, that any cat found on my property was a dead cat.
View Quote

Garryowen....that's where you and some of us part ways.

Why would a strange dog in your backyard cause you to "have a fit"? I can understand not wanting it there, but no all of us are so easily angered by such minor things. Furthermore, some of us would prefer to exercize a free thinking mind and go to the "trouble" of solving a simple problem with a less than lethal remedy.

Animals have no idea where your property begins and their own ends. They have brains the size of lima beans. They should die because they simply don't have the same cranial capacity as humans? Your problem is with the human owners, and holding a less intelligent animal responsible for treading on your "side of the fence" is simply an excuse to shoot something.

Feral cats or dogs killing your pets? That's obviously another story. In that case, I fully agree that it needs to be dispatched. I just don't think it's right to hold an animal that just happens to enter your property responsible for a concept(i.e.-property lines)it clearly doesn't have the ability to understand.

If an inability for a lesser creature to understand man made rules amounts to a capitol offense where you come from, I'm sure as hell glad I don't live their. I hope people never feel the same way about one another.

Some problem animal situations do require a lethal solution. However, a basic respect for life dictates a course of action where killing is last on the list, not the prefered action.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#18]
M4 made my replies a lot better than I could.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#19]
YOUR KILLIN ME BILL,
actually I was born and raised in Utica NY. Got out of there when the the state went communist.
Good gun laws.......thats real good bill..haha.
Where abouts are you at? I get up to buffalo  and around the state  a few times a year for SCA tourneys. maybe we can put on the armor and spar alittle. You can show me some stuff. Lets see if that sword arm is as strong as that breath of yours......[:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#20]
M4 made my replies a lot better than I could.  
View Quote

Same here...

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#21]

YOUR KILLIN ME BILL,
actually I was born and raised in Utica NY. Got out of there when the the state went communist.
Good gun laws.......thats real good bill..haha.
Where abouts are you at? I get up to buffalo and around the state a few times a year for SCA tourneys. maybe we can put on the armor and spar alittle. You can show me some stuff. Lets see if that sword arm is as strong as that breath of yours......
[\quote]

Sure, you're on.  Gotta warn you though...shoot my cat and I'll light you up.

I'm in the Catskills, Delaware County, about half-way between Kingston and Oneonta.

What's wrong with NYs gun laws?  Sure they passed that assault weapons ban, but that just mirrors the federal ban.  Otherwise, things are pretty cool here.  CCWs are easy to get in most counties (although there are some counties that it is very hard).

Certainly it's no NJ or California.  It may not be Vermont, but then few states are.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#23]
But back on subject,

oubeta (and if I spelled that wrong who gives a shit), you are a low life scum, as are all those that rallied to your side.

I cannot be as calm and composed as M4 is, because this thread has pissed me off more than I care to explain.  Let's just say it's a good thing you won't find yourself drowning in my pond anytime soon.  

Maybe the lot of you should hold a cat killing conference in Beijing. The Chinese love to kill and eat cats and dogs...it's one of the things that makes them so wondeful and superior.  They just cannot undestand our corrupt Western love of these useless little critters.

That way, we can "apologize" to all of you at the same time.  Two birds with one Neutron bomb.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#24]
The coyotes here in Texas eat cats like we eat candy bars. Have you given that a try?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I cannot believe that none of you have posted the most dastardly way of getting rid of ferral cats!!  Take a supersoaker squirt gun....you know the ones that can shoot 30 feet or more.  Instead of water fill it with turpentine.   Then blast away at the little blighters.  It seems that cats do not like the stuff in their fur and will lick themselves clean.  This causes them to die a very very VERY VERY painful death complete with convulsions.  Be certain to clean out the squirt gun as the seals can be ruined by the turpentine...

Some guy near here just got convicted of cruelty to animals for doing just such a thing.....NASTY!!!

Me I just use a .22 when it is required.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
M4...Maybe I should have stated that I have a 8ft. high fence around my yard and in that situation, I would guess that being a little upset to see anything in the yard that didn’t have wings, you would be upset. When I was a kid and trespassed on a farmers land, I was shot at…That’s just the way it is.

Mr. Cat didn’t have any qualms killing the rabbits, so I have no qualms about killing him. I am happy to say that I am at the top of the food chain….I don’t make the laws of nature, I just live by them
View Quote

Garryowen.....
No, actually I most likely would never be upset to see any animal in my yard, other than some random person, then I'd go for the gun. Anything else is VERY easy to deal with, permanently, and less than lethally.

I too was shot at as a kid for being on a farmers land. I also know what "private property" means. Your whole premise is based on judging animals according to human intellect and standards. How exactly do you expect an animal to understand that? Or is even thinking about that just more trouble then blowing a hole in it? Like I said before, its about placing value on life.

By the way, your not living by "the laws of nature" when you hold an animal responsible for not following YOUR rules and simply doing what it's genetics have predetermined for it. Actually, your fighting the laws of nature and are holding creatures accountable for just doing what they have no other choice in.

This is such an unimaginable subject for so many people because they themselves have never been delt with like they chose to deal with some animals. Just because you've never been shot for something you had no understanding of doesn't mean it's impossible to step out of your own shoes and value the right of other creatures to live free from being killed for simply being in range.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Stormbringer,

So you not only want to kill them, you want to cause them a great deal of pain.

I hope your friend rots in jail with Bubba rearranging his rectum.

As for you, I hope you are mistaken for a muslim settler by the dayaks in Indonesia.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This causes them to die a very very VERY VERY painful death complete with convulsions.  Be certain to clean out the squirt gun as the seals can be ruined by the turpentine...
View Quote

What the fuck is wrong with you people?  Were you sexually/physically abused as children?  Did mommy or daddy not love you?  Are you having a hard time getting laid?  Do you have a really small penis?  All of the above?  I hope you're not breeding and passing this kind of thinking to another generation.  There is nothing cool or manly about causing another creature's suffering for no good reason.  

Garryowen: "When I was a kid and trespassed on a farmers land, I was shot at…That’s just the way it is."
That is just a lame, mindless excuse.  Just because "that's the way it is", doesn't mean it's right.
"I don’t make the laws of nature, I just live by them"
As for this quotation, you are supposed to be an intelligent, thinking creature.  Use your brain, you're not a fucking lemming.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Bill, why don't you just calm down, get out one of your guns, and masturbate while fondling it, which is obviously the only reason that a New York liberal like yourself would own one. I think you and anyone else so upset about this topic are prisses because I'm sure that even you draw the line somewhere regarding nuisance animals and would have no qualms about either paying someone else to "take care" of them or dropping them off at the pound where they will suffer an identical fate to just shooting them, except that your obviously fragile consience will have been assuaged.

Quoted:
Why would a strange dog in your backyard cause you to "have a fit"?
View Quote

It depends. Is it a Pitbull or a Poodle? If I genuinely feel the safety of my 5 year old daughter or my own pets are threatened, the owner gets a polite notice or two regarding my concerns and then it's bye-bye doggy. I'm not going to have allow my daughter to be maimed or killed because of some moron's irresponsibility. No big to-do or fuss about it or any other nuisance/threat, the dangerous doggy or crappy catty just doesn't come home that night. I don't see letting some types of dogs roam free as being any different than leaving a loaded handgun in a playground full of curious children.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Billy Billy Billy!!!  ( edited to add!! Chimbarzaro)

Did I say that I condoned what he did???

Did I say that I did it???

Did I say that I knew the individual who has just been charged with the act??

If you are going to discuss things you really do have to learn NOT to put words in peoples mouths!!

As for Indonesia...my dad fought there in 1948 so I know quite a bit about it...but I just have to ask.....do you value the lives of feral cats more than HUMANS!!???

I was just surprised that it had not been mentioned here yet...don't get so testy!!!

Like I said I generally use a .22   but I once had to resort to a 9mm in a pinch.

If ref to the dogs above....I once shot a pit bull in my rear yard... it happened to be in the yard with my then three year old daughter....I used a foxfire II crossbow, it picked it right off the ground and tossed it five feet!!

The neighbour was not to happy but then again he was a biker type scum drug pusher who had bee warned to keep his dogs in his yard..

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Please allow me to apologize for wishing all manner of grizzly things on people who may just be talking out of their ass for their own amusement.

My comments are intended only for those who seriously do these things or enjoy seeing them done.

It's a cruel world we live in.  I recently saw a photgraph of a decapitated young girl, lying spread eagled in the dirt.  She was the victim of some savage group of primitives having issues with some other savage group of primitives.

It's hard to reconcile all of the cruelty of the world with most of our lives; comfortable, easy, etc. One of the ways of dealing with it is to say "not here, not in America".  

It makes it so much harder when some small penised dipshit commits unspeakable acts right hear in our own back yard.

It seems, though, that in the more educated and developed countries, there is less cruelty, violence, and barabarism.  I guess peple who act that way are the remnants of a more primitive state of being, evolutionary debris that has not yet been cleared off the road of progress.

It helps, then, to think that time is on our side, and that eventually most of the human garbage should be gone from this world.  I hope I live to see that day.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Feral cats are always trophy game on our farm and along the river we hunt for pheasants.  My father is constantly calling me with his latest trophy cat.  He even joked about me mounting one for him; it was pretty big.  He uses a .338win from his bedroom balcony.  This is of course out of town, and the cats are wild.  They are horrible on pheasants and even the wild turkeys.  They also carry lots of disease that  can be passed on to our domestic cats.  We treat them like foxes.  
guns762
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#33]

[\quote]

Sure, you're on.  Gotta warn you though...shoot my cat and I'll light you up.

I'm in the Catskills, Delaware County, about half-way between Kingston and Oneonta.

What's wrong with NYs gun laws?  Sure they passed that assault weapons ban, but that just mirrors the federal ban.  Otherwise, things are pretty cool here.  CCWs are easy to get in most counties (although there are some counties that it is very hard).

Certainly it's no NJ or California.  It may not be Vermont, but then few states are.

Bill Wallace
View Quote

No class 3 Bill.....
email me.......you don't list an email in your profile
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I value the lives of ferral cats more than that of SOME humans, yes.  Humans like oubeta or whatever his name is.

Most humans, of course not.  But valuing one life above the other does not give you right to take a life away.

If I have more money than you, does that give me the right to take away what little you do have?

I value life.  Life is a precious thing.  It is the only thing any of us have that is really worth anything.   To take it away from someone or something is a terrible thing.  Sometimes, it is necessary to do it.  For survival.  Some animals eat other animals, that's just how it is.  Those same animals will not kill an animal if they are not hungry.  A just-fed and full lion will sit there and let a small gazelle walk right past him.  

Domestic cats are wired to kill.  It is a part of their instincts and they cannot help it.  It is partly our fault, for we made them the way they are.

We, however, can help it.  That's what makes us higher animals. When we take a life just for the joy of killing, we become monsters.

Bill Wallace

ps  Ravyn, I just set it to show email address
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok Bill try this one on for size.....You seem to think that feral cats are part of the cycle of nature....fair enough...HOWEVER in every cycle of life AND DEATH in nature there must be a predator...

It seems to me that I have not seen a whole lot of Wolves running around my city.  Even the coyotes do not wander in my yard and I back onto a conservation forest....I ask you this....WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE CAT POPULATION IN CHECK??

Should we catch them and then pay to have them all fixed then release them into the wild?? ( please to not say yes as this is a rehtorical question...)

Just cause cats are used as pets in our society does not grant them supreme status...

In some places ground hogs are a menace and are shot...in others its cats.

Every few years where I deer hunt we concuct a dog drive....  We drive all the feral dogs/coyotes through a couple of conccesions and blow them away...its the only way to keep them in check...ITS NATURE!!! (in my case nature takes the form of a sporterized Mauser M96 in 6.5x55)

Oh before I forget....whats this hangup you seem to have with penises????  Your LIEberal roots are showing!!

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#36]
So tell me, which one of you love-animals-at-any-cost assholes do these dogs belong to?

[url]http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis/web/vortex/display?slug=saved29m&date=20010429&query=Charlie[/url]

Next I suppose you are going to tell me that my kids shouldn't be allowed to play or ride their bikes in a public park just so your f*cking dogs can run wild and do what they are "genetically programed" to? What a bunch of horse shit. I'll tell ya' what, I'm genetically programmed to protect my young and my property, so control your damn pets or I will have zero compunction about perforating their tiny skulls should they present a treat or extreme nuisance to me. It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Stormbringer:  My post was not targeted toward you.  It was targeted toward anyone reading it who sees nothing wrong with that.  I'm sorry, I should have clarified that in my post.

Boomer:  I am not against controling pests...HUMANELY (although my definition of a pest seems to be different than many people here).  And as far as a dangerous animal in your yard with a child (or anyone for that matter), I am in agreeance with you.  I would do whatever it took to make sure my loved one was not maimed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#38]
[img]http://members.aol.com/govtthug/images/cats.bmp[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Man of few words Govt Thug??

Or are you just reaching for that HALLOWED 250 mark??
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Y.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Guns don't kill kitties, cigarettes kill kitties!!!

Fluffy Reno--

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=119787&a=877805&p=35311036[/img]

COLTSHORTY

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So tell me, which one of you love-animals-at-any-cost assholes do these dogs belong to?

[url]http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis/web/vortex/display?slug=saved29m&date=20010429&query=Charlie[/url]

Next I suppose you are going to tell me that my kids shouldn't be allowed to play or ride their bikes in a public park just so your f*cking dogs can run wild and do what they are "genetically programed" to? What a bunch of horse shit. I'll tell ya' what, I'm genetically programmed to protect my young and my property, so control your damn pets or I will have zero compunction about perforating their tiny skulls should they present a treat or extreme nuisance to me. It's as simple as that.
View Quote

Just read the article.

I echo your comments exactly, Boomer. I once had to choke the next door neigbor's setter off of one of MY sisters. I was like 13-14 at the time, and this was in a neighborhood, so no guns, but it was freaking scary, he was clawing my arms and gurgling and snarling. Just decided to chse my little sister when she ran from him, and then decided to worry her when he caught her. I was lucky I caught up with him right when the dog caught up with her. I had mo qualms about choking him to death at that moment, but of course, I couldn't, and he got away. The neighbors just though it was "no biggie", though my dad got really upset.

The dog had just wandered over from the next door neighbor's, into our backyard. I give free roaming domestic animals no quarter. If you own them, you keep them on your property. Don't whine to me about how they're not human, and don't know any better. You're responsible for them. You come over here and get bit instead of my family members if you want. Take the lovable things back to whatever liberal fantasy you live in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Ok Bill try this one on for size.....You seem to think that feral cats are part of the cycle of nature....fair enough...HOWEVER in every cycle of life AND DEATH in nature there must be a predator...

It seems to me that I have not seen a whole lot of Wolves running around my city. Even the coyotes do not wander in my yard and I back onto a conservation forest....I ask you this....WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE CAT POPULATION IN CHECK
View Quote

If a ferral cat population is causing real problems in an area, then it has to be controlled, humanely.  Yes, that may be a lot harder than just blowing them away.  But just look at that word..humane.  Where did that word come from, what does it mean?

The thing with ferral cats and dogs is that we put them there.  We are responsible for them.  If your idea of responsibility is to blow them away, then you have problems that cannot be solved here on this forum.

We have lots of feral cats where I live.  I have never seen them cause any problems for anyone but one of my neighbors, a chicken farmer.  Instead of blowing them away, he simply improved his chiken coop to keep them out.  Works like a charm, no dead cats.  Wow, all this time there was another way?

As for the pitbull attack on that girl and boy....Pit Bulls were created by people to be mean and viscous dogs.  Not all are.  It all depends on the owner.  If you're looking to lay blame for that dog attack, the blame lies with the owners.  What were those vicious dogs doing loose in a park?  

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Hmmmmmm

Bill I sure hope you put your money where your mouth is and join PETA...

You want a humane method to control the cat popluation...I say that shooting them IS HUMANE..

Either that or you are saying that the Deer Hunt or actually ANY HUNT should be banned!!

Death is a dirty business...some people are not equipped to handle it.  Just be thankful that there are some of us who do not have that defect.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I think the idea behind RBAD's picture is that we have enough freak'in animals running around loose. Animal control kills tons of them yearly. Due to stupid irresponsible owners/breeders.
I also think that we have a few to many warm fuzzy feely good folks on here.
I've had the opportunity to observe my dogs squish the life out of a cat or two that got on their territory in my back yard----good riddence!!
I've also heard that cat tastes a little like CHICKEN !!!!!!   LOL,LOL,LOL......  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Why do I bother?

It's not like words on a page can make a low-life scum anything other than what he is.

You make it sound like there are evil cats and dogs running around everywhere causing massive problems.  Hmmm.  I really haven't expeirenced that in either urban or rural NY state or the several years I lived in Maryland.   So either people where you live are a lot dumber than people where I live and don't know how to do simple things, or you are the problem, not the animals.

I said before people like you make me reevaluate my view on gun control.  I don't change my mind, of course, but I do get some small satisfaction out of the impending reality.  We all know we are headed for total confiscation and liberal tyranny.  While that is detestable to me, I do gain some small pleasure out of the horrific impact this will have on your lives.

No guns, PETA police everywhere...

You'll be overrun with feral cats, dogs, crows, prariedogs, etc. They'll be climbing all over your house, breaking your windows, eating your children.  What will you do? Where will you run?  Hehe.

Me?  I'll burry my guns for future use, continue to use garbage cans with lids, and smile at the little kitties that walk around my property.  

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#48]
If a ferral cat population is causing real problems in an area, then it has to be controlled, humanely.  Yes, that may be a lot harder than just blowing them away.  But just look at that word..humane.  Where did that word come from, what does it mean?
View Quote

NEWFLASH! Killing them quickly and painlessly IS humane! D'oh! No one is talking about wounding them and torturing them to death, like your beloved cats do to birds and mice ALL the time.

We have lots of feral cats where I live.  I have never seen them cause any problems for anyone but one of my neighbors, a chicken farmer.  Instead of blowing them away, he simply improved his chiken coop to keep them out.  Works like a charm, no dead cats.  Wow, all this time there was another way?
View Quote

Yeah, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that if a neighbor of yours were to erect an impregnable but unsightly dome of chicken wire to fortify his property from unwanted intrusions of pests and predators and it wound up negatively impacting [i]your[/i] property value by making it look like the Beverly Hillbillies moved in next doot, you would be raising holy hell to anyone who would listen.

As for the pitbull attack on that girl and boy....Pit Bulls were created by people to be mean and viscous dogs.  Not all are.  It all depends on the owner.  If you're looking to lay blame for that dog attack, the blame lies with the owners.
View Quote

I do primarily blame the owners, and now I hope the threats they have created will be exterminated. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case and much the joy of your kind these dogs will be free to roam and maim again. Maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll actually kill the next child they decide to attack. Must be part of that wonderful cycle of nature.

What were those vicious dogs doing loose in a park?
View Quote

Ha ha, that's great. Why, they are simply doing what they are genetically programmed to, of course.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#49]

The thing with ferral cats and dogs is that we put them there.  We are responsible for them.  If your idea of responsibility is to blow them away, then you have problems that cannot be solved here on this forum.

Bill Wallace[/quote]

Bill you and your New York buddies deal with the wild cats your way, the rest of us who live in the real world will deal with them our way.

Feral cats aren't just "Fluffy" that wandered away.  Many and Most that we see are wild.  Not lost; wild, born wild, run like crazy when they see humans; wild!  I see the damage they do on our farm, and there is no other way to keep the population down.  Wild cats are hunting machines that don't just hunt for food.  I don't want domestic animals getting diseases from these animals and sure don't want them killing off all the pheasants.  Get off the PETA mobile, and grow up; this isn't Disney Land, and you aren't going these animals any favors.  
guns7.62
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I can't believe I read this entire thread.

Where's the Alka Seltzer?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top