Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You really gotta appreciate the irony.

The whole spat started over his expecations that a female civilian should have resisted making disloyal statements despite three months of captivity by the people she watched kill her friend in cold blood  --  yet one comment from one arfcommer who nobody had ever heard of sends him running away like a littlle bitch, with drama queen thread - arguably showing disloyalty to Arfcom with the  "All American chest beaters" and "exclusively US ARFCOM" comment - and all.

Maybe if we learn that the captors had broke her by insulting her nationality he might change his opinion of her?

Andy - prove me wrong.

Great.   Now I'm going to be known as the a** who made Andy get upset and run away.   Just great.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/809886/careometer.gif

Whether he is serious or not.... I laughed my ass off on this one!   That was Fuckin GREAT!

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for the drama!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]
NO!    say it won't be!

don't let the morons get you down, most powerful of non- americans!   Who else has gone In After The Lock?   Who else has first hand knowledge of military, firearm and  Kingdom info?   (what else do i call Great Britain?   the fair isles?  

ANdy, you won't be the first to be fed up, but remember, spring break is pretty much over.    We will have  a repreive of a couple of months until summer break and all the little trolls are back again.

Really, if you do go a valued part of arfcom will be missing.    

if you do leave, let me know if you will grace a different forum with your presence so i can get the latest good/ bad/ illogical news from across the pond.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I like drama
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Heya Andy,

I apologize for my comment in the other thread - while I do disagree with your assessment and characterization of the reporter, that in no way excuses my personal attack.   I'm as big a fan boy of the United States as you'll likely meet, and sometimes I'm just as big an ass.

So come back already.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You really gotta appreciate the irony.

The whole spat started over his expecations that a female civilian should have resisted making disloyal statements despite three months of captivity by the people she watched kill her friend in cold blood  --  yet one comment from one arfcommer who nobody had ever heard of sends him running away like a littlle bitch, with drama queen thread - arguably showing disloyalty to Arfcom with the  "All American chest beaters" and "exclusively US ARFCOM" comment - and all.

Maybe if we learn that the captors had broke her by insulting her nationality he might change his opinion of her?

Andy - prove me wrong.

Great.   Now I'm going to be known as the a** who made Andy get upset and run away.   Just great.

I came back here braced to respond to your response to my "questionable parentage" comment.  I guess you're being a pretty good sport about this while thing...

...more than some people we know...

Hint, Andy...

Hint...

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Cya
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]

See ya.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Is he back yet?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Who are you, anyway?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought this thread was locked?

The lock-fu must be weak tonight.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#14]
bye    
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
WELCOME BACK VITO113!!!

We missed you while you were gone.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Your giving up? I thought you were British, not French.

He must have some French blood running in his veins to cut and run so easily.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Dibs on his sig!

-ANdy
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I was complaining about a recent knee injury to my 7 year old son.

He mocked my whining by saying...

"Waaaaa Waaaaa Waaaaaa".

I couldn't help but laugh!

Hope it's a joke.  But if not, well, refer to my 7 year olds sentiment.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#19]
If someone on the interweb hurts your feelings, you decide to eject? C'mon, it's not that bad....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#20]
i get shit from assholes around here all the time.  ignore them and it's all good
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#21]
   Don't let the door hit ya in the ass.

the guy was nothing more than an anti American troll.

He took every least little opportunity to throw a dig at the US millitary. Got as giddy as a schoolgirl if he could throw an insult at the U.S..  I still have a hard time believing he was made a modorator, even on the UK  homeorum board.    

So long troll,  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#22]
If he's really gone, can I go ahead and get moderatorship of the UK hometown forum? I'm not from the UK, but I can fake a passable British accent. If the person listening to me isn't British or an expert on British accents, I mean.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm shocked.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Don't leave!
You are one of the only non-dumbass posters here!
We need more!

Yep. Cowboy up brother, there just words.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Hope this is all a hoax.

Don't go, this place won't be the same without you. Who the hell's gonna fill us in on all the Euro-Aviation stuff? Who brought us the news that the gold-domed mosque had been blown to hell, which triggered the civil war in Iraq?

Yeah, there are a lot of chimp-tards in GD, but don't take it out on your friends.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#26]
For crying out loud Andy

Thicken your skin a little more and get your ass back here where it belongs

We need your perspective on things from across the pond....

Adds some ballance to the discussions here
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Andy,
Is 4 pages of stroking your ego enough or do you need more to "come back"?

Goodbye threads are lame and self serving.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#28]
all i can say is that i'd hate to see someone leave over a stupid argument.  yeah, tempers can run high and you can disagree with someone's opinion with every fiber of your being; but it's no reason to leave.  even if insults are involved, why let someone ruin your experience here?

i've learned to develope thick skin while posting at sites like this one...  when there's 85,000 opposing views in one central location, your bound to have some disagreements.  i've been amazed and outragerd at the views of some people here.  i've been insulted and looked down upon by people here.  when it gets that way, i just ignore the posts.  getting worked up doesn't help anyone's situation.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
ARFCOM ain't what it used to be and I'm done with the crap…

So I'll take my 'Limey, bad toothed' ass (actually it's Irish and have excellent teeth) elsewhere and leave the 'All American' chest beaters to their exclusively US ARFCOM…

Andy

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...........
oh.....you were joking???......me too
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Aah you English are so cute when you're mad.. Quaint, fussy little things.  Hey, no hard feelings about the downfall of the Empire now, that's how the cookie crumbles.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
ARFCOM ain't what it used to be and I'm done with the crap…

So I'll take my 'Limey, bad toothed' ass (actually it's Irish and have excellent teeth) elsewhere and leave the 'All American' chest beaters to their exclusively US ARFCOM…

Andy

-If this was April Fools time to fess up. Good one.

-If this was serious, it was hasty and you shouldn't have done it on April Fools, as you might have missed out on many messages of encouragement that were held back in suspicion that this was April Fools

-If this was serious, but you now regret your decision made in haste, use April Fools as cover and return without the loss in credibility that a petulant temper tantrum would create.

-If you are serious and remain pouty you're a wanker, but Vaya Con Dios.

[My money is on April Fools or Royal Navy Cruise. Clear thinking and 5 year old girl temper tantrums seem incongruous]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Good day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Say it isn't so, please.  I always enjoy your posts.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope its a Fool's day post.  If not, you will be missed.  Despite my occasional jabs at you when I am over the legal limit (bust still posting ) I mean you no ill will.  I consider you to be one of the foremost experts on all things nautical and most things aeronautical.  Take care.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry to see ya go
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#37]
AnDy, ASSHOLES WILL BE ASSHOLES! SO why are you so upset? You gonna let some 700 post wallflower get to you????? Fuck him! oink! But you gotta admit when you get on an issue you really stick to it. You are very very stubborn! Just remember it's all Net BS. What do you care what some podunk Americanski thinks? Somethimes you just gotta let things go. You dont have to be the last post in a thread! Some people here are like that, they think they "Pwned" someone cause they got the last post big. BIG WHOOP! IF you leave I'll be surrounded by freepers by Freepers i tellz ya!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#39]
**STIRRING THE POT....WARNING**

okay leave, just like our revolutionary war and 1812.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Is this for immediate release?
J/K Rethink this tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey we need more guys what know what the pointy end of a ship is called.  

You'll notice most of the really stupid comments are from the relative noobs.

Enen these guys are willing to share their opinion on your leaving.

I too get fed up with the crap level in here but I  just go away for awhile.  Besides things are going to get really wild around here with the Illegal Alien hooforah on our side of the pond.  We are going to need your reports on the alien problems you guys are having.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#44]
i'm seldom wrong about people, and i suspect that you are more resilient than this thread intimates.

you're a valued member, and you know it.  

i seriously hope this is a joke.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#45]
All the A-holes are very happy Andy.

There is still time. It is still April 1st somewhere in the world.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Tag for hopefully different outcome than that implied
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:46:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Id like to point out that this site isnt just GD, all the "crap" you seem to be running into isnt floating around the tech forums, Ar15.com tech forums are top of the line. just stay out of GD and whatnot if it bothers you that much, stay for the great info and knowledge in the tech forums for all sorts of topics, not politics bullshit or whatever touchy issue that gets posters from all sorts of viewpoints
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Anybody know what was said that was the straw that broke the Limey's back?

I'm super fucking pissed lately and am up for a necktie party. If it was a CoC violatoin then ???
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:51:17 AM EDT
[#49]
OTL me thinks. But of course, not my call.

Was this it?

"Geez.

Give up already you crooked-toothed, cockeyed, limey bastard. She's clearly not what you have claimed her to be, and she is something that you could only aspire to be.

She's American
."

Andy is an honorable active duty member of the Royal Navy and fine contributor... The British are our MOST LOYAL ALLIES IN THE WORLD bar none. If this had been an attack on an active duty member of the US Military what would have been done?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Edit..... I see it now. Take care Andy. Been a pleasure reading your posts.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top