BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with OP.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't get the whole "using fantasy to argue issues that don't exist" thing.

Since only 30 million people watch the news, FOX and MSNBC don't really control anything or anybody, except drama junkies. We may all live in the same country, but that doesn't mean we have to like each other, have the same goals, or work against our own best interests.

That's probably why we had to make laws against violence and theft, because, basically, No, we can't all just get along. If we could, we wouldn't have to make laws.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would be just fine if GD regularly distinguished radical Islam from true Islam.

Why should we, when the "peaceful" muslims themselves don't even try to differentiate or distinguish themselves from the the hordes of ultra-violent muslims?  When was the last time you turned on the news or opened the paper, and saw a story about your local muslim group denouncing and criticizing the latest suicide bomber or terrorist attack?    

Answer:  NEVER.  

WHY IS THAT?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why should we, when the "peaceful" muslims themselves don't even try to differentiate or distinguish themselves from the the hordes of ultra-violent muslims?  When was the last time you turned on the news or opened the paper, and saw a story about your local muslim group denouncing and criticizing the latest suicide bomber or terrorist attack?    

WHY IS THAT?

Why is it that when peaceful muslims do try to distinguish themselves from terrorists or their supporters, people ignore it or cry taqiyya to elide the fact? When was the last time you trusted the mainstream media for accuracy...except when it fit your needs for groupthink?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The hate that I have for them is directly attributable to their actions.  When 'moderate' Islam stands up and wages Jihad against 'radical' Islam and wins, I might change my opinion.

It has. Numerous clerics have declared jihad on terrorists, they have called for peace but you know what?  We have millions of renecks rolling around with "everything I learned about Islam I learned on 9/11" who revel in their ignorance. Look what happens whe a story gets posted here about any kind of violence and it goes 10 pages of "RoP" before the facts come out. If it turns out to be a white guy in a plane then they find something else to talk about. When a story gets posted about a muslim cleric or organization standing up and denouncing terrorists and those who support then it gets buried in about 5 minutes because 99% of the people here don't want to believe in peacefull muslims.

Jihad is war.  I don't see a holy war being waged against the Islamists.  There is only one true jihad being waged in Islam and it is by the Islamists.  They are clearly winning too.  You further insult the 'millions of rednecks' who hate Islam (for very good reasons) without even beginning to acknowledge that there are a hundred million plus Muslims who look at OBL like we look at Reagan...

As for standing up...  Words.  Empty words.  Like the UN they are intellectually dishonest and weak because their actions do not match their words.  True Jihad against the 'radicals' would be evidenced by mass assasinations of radical clerics by moderate muslims, bombings of extremist safehouses, beheadings of captured radicals (as called for by the Koran), extreme villification of madrassas and Islamism, pro US (American muslim) jihad groups waging war against all anti US jihadi groups.  You would see absolutely record numbers of American Muslims joining the US armed forces.  This is not happening though.  Instead we get hollow words from them.  

Basically, we don't need peaceful Muslims.  We need American Muslims to fight for what they espouse en masse.  Fewer Ghadani's and more Shughart and Gordon types who will walk the walk.  We have an estimated 5-7 million US Muslims (supposedly moderates for the most part) to draw from.  Why is it that a huge ground swell of support from the Muslim community has not been forthcoming?   Instead the US has to rely on 'millions of rednecks' to fight the 'radical Muslims'.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WHY IS THAT?

Why is it that when peaceful muslims do try to distinguish themselves from terrorists or their supporters, people ignore it or cry taqiyya to elide the fact? When was the last time you trusted the mainstream media for accuracy...except when it fit your needs for groupthink?

Where are they?

And anyone who would want to be a part of that political movement/religion peaceful or not should be heavily scrutinized. At its very best its a second century oppressive cult that irrefutably calls for subjugation or death for non-believers as its core principle, not some ancillary vestige that rational people are just inventing out of thin air.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would be just fine if GD regularly distinguished radical Islam from true Islam.

Islam itself is unable to distinguish.

There is no true Islam.  Islam has never had a reform to even start a contrast, only a divide on how gets to be the authority (Sunni vs. Shiite)

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for helping me find:

Local Water Tower Celebrates 50th Year As Repository Of Information On Who Is A Slut

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#11]
that hits a little too close to home

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
"For reasons I am content being totally unable to articulate" made me laugh...
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
thanks for helping me find:

Local Water Tower Celebrates 50th Year As Repository Of Information On Who Is A Slut

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to waste my time refuting a satirical Onion piece point by point. It's the Onion.

What is with your hard on for Islam OP?

as I said in another thread I believe it has become the new "cool kid badge" to defend Islam and snort derision at those who don't.

there's a difference between defending Islam and LOL'ing at those who think a few Muslims are a credible threat to the American way of life.

I may understand this incorrectly but the basic statement of "I do not think a few Muslims are credible threat to the American way of life" Is idiotic at best. A few Muslims have already done just that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd post a list of Islamic terrorist acts against Christians and Jews in the last 10 years, but I'm sure the mods would be pissed, it's over 2000 items long.  And that's just the last 10 years and only against Christians and Jews.  Expand it to Islamic inspired terrorists acts against everyone and it becomes much, much larger since they're as likely to attack another sect of Islam as they are anyone else.

Exactly how much history do we need to make a determination on Islam and it's practitioners?  

Of course now is the time when you'll chime in and remind me of Christianity's bloody history.  Before you do that please show me the list of Christian inspired terrorism in the last 10 years.

Where there's smoke there's fire, and Islam has well earned it's horrific reputation.

Very well put.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And anyone who would want to be a part of that political movement/religion peaceful or not should be heavily scrutinized. At its very best its a second century oppressive cult that irrefutably calls for subjugation or death for non-believers as its core principle, not some ancillary vestige that rational people are just inventing out of thin air.

Why do you think people like GWB push moderate islam - besides the mass existence of moderate muslims? it's a lot cheaper, and politically sustainable, than feeding gas chambers or declaring a war on religion. the sufis have never had much influence, and unlike christianity, islam hasn't been tempered by millenia of apologist-philosophers and politicians. Yet the vast majority of people are born into their religion and never let go; but GD insists on pushing them into terrorism when being a sane, agreeable human being is easier...and rather more common.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#17]
There are exactly 164 verses in the Koran that reference Jihad. Although Jihad has a broad definition of a "holy war or struggle," the Koran applies it to violence.

The majority of those verses discuss military expeditions, fighting, or distributing war spoils.

Although it is true that there are liberal or progressive elements in the Muslim world they run counter to the absolute teachings of the Koran.  

However, it is clear that the Koran is simply a progression of the clearly hostile people of the middle east.  The West and the Middle East have been in conflict since Before Christ and before the Koran was even a word.  Since the start of recorded human history the West has been in conflict with that region of the world.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you think people like GWB push moderate islam - besides the mass existence of moderate muslims? it's a lot cheaper, and politically sustainable, than feeding gas chambers or declaring a war on religion. the sufis have never had much influence, and unlike christianity, islam hasn't been tempered by millenia of apologist-philosophers and politicians. Yet the vast majority of people are born into their religion and never let go; but GD insists on pushing them into terrorism when being a sane, agreeable human being is easier...and rather more common.

really

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
havent clicked the link

but i know that a peaceful loving muslim will kill you ,

not all of them..   but hey it only takes one right   < or 19 >  

so in short fuck em if they cant land a plane.

thanks

edit

and the ones that dont do anything...   do exactly that NOTHING to stop the ones that are.

im sure im playing into the strereotype of your link..  but   oh well.

A.

B. The statement in red is genuinely retarded. Iran refines Uranium, you are refining stupid all the way to weapons grade.

How come we never hear/see/read about, all the "peace loving muslims" actively denouncing, criticizing, and condemning the violent acts and the cowardly practices (ie:  suicide bombers, using women/children as either cover or as fighters, decapitations, torture (the bad kind, not water droplets), mass murders of civilians (purposefully, not just as collateral damage), and so on) ????

Also, why don't the "peaceful muslims" try to distance themselves from the extremists, in a very public way?  

I think that kind of what the poster you replied to was describing...

Another question:  is Iran actually refining the uranium, or are they buying it from the Russians (or somewhere else)?  

Um, because you're not looking for such examples? People here keep saying that yet there are many Muslims that have condemned all of the above. There are plenty of Mosques that have done so as well. And they do try to distance themselves from the extremists, but you won't listen.

You've got some strong confirmation bias going on there

Here
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh good. Another I "heart" hadji thread.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd post a list of Islamic terrorist acts against Christians and Jews in the last 10 years, but I'm sure the mods would be pissed, it's over 2000 items long.  And that's just the last 10 years and only against Christians and Jews.  Expand it to Islamic inspired terrorists acts against everyone and it becomes much, much larger since they're as likely to attack another sect of Islam as they are anyone else.

Exactly how much history do we need to make a determination on Islam and it's practitioners?  

Of course now is the time when you'll chime in and remind me of Christianity's bloody history.  Before you do that please show me the list of Christian inspired terrorism in the last 10 years.

Where there's smoke there's fire, and Islam has well earned it's horrific reputation.

This. Well said!
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup, I try not to hate or dislike any type of person. I let their individual actions speak for themselves because each individual has a free will and no man is alike. However on the other hand I haven't seen an actualy group of muslims come out condemning what the radicals are doing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I try not to hate or dislike any type of person. I let their individual actions speak for themselves because each individual has a free will and no man is alike. However on the other hand I haven't seen an actualy group of muslims come out condemning what the radicals are doing.

This page focuses on condemnations of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and other terrorist incidents since then as well as of terrorism in general. It is not a complete listing of all condemnations written or spoken by Muslims but is intended to provide a representative sample.

It has often been claimed in the media that Muslims are "silent" and do not condemn terrorism. This page is intended to refute that claim. Muslims have not been silent. Not even close. See also How American Muslims Really Responded to September 11 for more information about the Muslim response to 9/11. And another listing is at Statements Against Terror. Also Muslim Voices Against Terrorism. Related commentary at Friedman Wrong About Muslims Again , by Juan Cole and The Myth of Muslim Condemnation of Terror by Ali Eteraz.

Muslim Leaders

A Message from the Council on American-Islamic Relations

American Muslim Leaders Condemn Attacks

American Muslims Denouncing Terrorism

American Muslims and Scholars Denounce Terrorism on Anniversary of 9/11

Australian Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attack

Bin Laden Distorts Islam, Islamic Scholars Say

Bin Laden's Idea of 'Jihad' is Out of Bounds, Islamic Scholars Say

British Muslim leaders condemn terrorism

British Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks

Canadian Muslims Condemn Terorist Attacks

Islamic Statements Against Terrorism in the Wake of the September 11 Mass Murders

Islamic World Deplores U.S. Losses

Looking for Answers in Islam's Holy Book: What Islamic Scholars Have to Say

Muslim Reactions to Sept 11

Muslim Voices Against Extremism & Terrorism - Part II - Statements by Organizations

Muslim World Condemns Attacks on U.S.

Muslim rulers condemn WTC attacks

New Zealand Muslims Condemn Terrorism

Organization of the Islamic Conference Foreign Ministers Condemn International Terrorism

Quran a Book of Peace Not War, Islamic Scholars Say

Scholars of Islam Condemn Terrorism

Some American Muslims Take a Look at Their Communities' Shortcomings

U.S. Muslim Scholars Condemn Attacks

UK Muslim Leaders Condemn 'Lunatic Fringe'

When is jihad OK? Muslim Perspectives

Specific Muslim Scholars

A Common Word Between Us and You, by 130 Islamic scholars

Attacks on Civilians: Forbidden by Islam, by Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi

Ayatollah Muhammad Husain Fadlallah of Lebanon condemns Osama Bin Laden, by Ayatollah Muhammad Husain Fadlallah

Bin Laden's Violence is a Heresy Against Islam, by AbdulHakim Murad (Tim Winter)

Defending the Civilians (a fatwa against terrorism), by Shaykh Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti

Expert Says Islam Prohibits Violence Against Innocents, by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Grand Sheikh of al-Azhar Condemns Suicide Bombings, by Shaykh Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi

High Mufti of Russian Muslims calls for Extradition of Bin Laden, by Russian Muslim leaders

Iran's Supreme Leader Condemns Attacks on U.S., by Ayatollah Ali Khamanei

Islam and the Question of Violence, by Seyyed Hossein Nasr, Iranian scholar

Jihad and the Modern World, by Dr. Sherman Jackson

Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose, by Muzammil H. Siddiqui

Most Prominent Sunni Muslim Scholar Condemns Killing of Civilians, by Shaykh Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi, Grand Imam of Al-Azhar University

Muslim Attitudes about Violence, by Shaykh Muhammad al-Munajjid

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Part I - Fatwas, by various scholars

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Part IV A few Quotes, by various scholars

On the Terrorist Attacks, by Imam Zaid Shakir

Prominent Pakistani Cleric Tahir ul Qadri condemns Bin Laden, by Tahir ul Qadri

Reclaiming Islam from the Terrorists, by AbdulHakim Murad, British scholar

Reflections on the National Horror of September 11, 2001, by Muzammil H. Siddiqui

Refutation of Bin Laden's Defense of Terrorism, by Moiz Amjad, Pakistani scholar

Response to a Question about Islam and Terrorism, by Moiz Amjad, Pakistani scholar

Saudi Clerics Condemn Terrorism, by Sheikh Abderrahman al-Sudayes

Saudi Grand Mufti Condemns Terrorist Attacks in U.S., by Shaikh Abdulaziz Al-Ashaikh

Scholars' Statements Regarding The Attacks In The United States, by Shaykh Abdul-Aziz Aali-Shaykh, Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia and President of the Committee of Senior Scholars, and Shaykh Saleh Al-Lehaydaan, Chief Justice Of The Saudi Arabian Judiciary, and Shaykh Dr. Saaleh Ibn Ghaanem As-Sadlaan, Pres. Higher Studies Dept. Al-Imaam Muhammd Ibn Saud Islamic University

Spanish Muslim Clerical authorities Issue Fatwa against Osamah Bin Laden, by Spanish Muslim leaders

Terrorism Is at Odds With Islamic Tradition, by Khaled Abou El Fadl

Terrorism: Not a doorway to heaven, by Jamil Abdul Razzak Hajoo, of Idriss Mosque, Seattle

The Myth of Islamic Terrorism Exploded, by Shaykh Abdul Azeez bin Abdullah bin Baaz and Shaykh Muhammad Bin Saalih al Uthaymeen

The worst enemies of Islam are from within, by Hamza Yusuf

Top Saudi Cleric Says Attacks on U.S. a Terrible Crime in Islam, by Shaykh Salah al-Lahidan, head of the Islamic Judiciary of Saudi Arabia

Violence Against Innocents Violates Islamic Law, by Imam Siraj Wahhaj

What is jihad? What is terrorism?, by Statement by Muslim scholars

There's more here if you want to look.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This page focuses on condemnations of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and other terrorist incidents since then as well as of terrorism in general. It is not a complete listing of all condemnations written or spoken by Muslims but is intended to provide a representative sample.

It has often been claimed in the media that Muslims are "silent" and do not condemn terrorism. This page is intended to refute that claim. Muslims have not been silent. Not even close. See also How American Muslims Really Responded to September 11 for more information about the Muslim response to 9/11. And another listing is at Statements Against Terror. Also Muslim Voices Against Terrorism. Related commentary at Friedman Wrong About Muslims Again , by Juan Cole and The Myth of Muslim Condemnation of Terror by Ali Eteraz.

Muslim Leaders

A Message from the Council on American-Islamic Relations

American Muslim Leaders Condemn Attacks

American Muslims Denouncing Terrorism

American Muslims and Scholars Denounce Terrorism on Anniversary of 9/11

Australian Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attack

Bin Laden Distorts Islam, Islamic Scholars Say

Bin Laden's Idea of 'Jihad' is Out of Bounds, Islamic Scholars Say

British Muslim leaders condemn terrorism

British Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks

Canadian Muslims Condemn Terorist Attacks

Islamic Statements Against Terrorism in the Wake of the September 11 Mass Murders

Islamic World Deplores U.S. Losses

Looking for Answers in Islam's Holy Book: What Islamic Scholars Have to Say

Muslim Reactions to Sept 11

Muslim Voices Against Extremism & Terrorism - Part II - Statements by Organizations

Muslim World Condemns Attacks on U.S.

Muslim rulers condemn WTC attacks

New Zealand Muslims Condemn Terrorism

Organization of the Islamic Conference Foreign Ministers Condemn International Terrorism

Quran a Book of Peace Not War, Islamic Scholars Say

Scholars of Islam Condemn Terrorism

Some American Muslims Take a Look at Their Communities' Shortcomings

U.S. Muslim Scholars Condemn Attacks

UK Muslim Leaders Condemn 'Lunatic Fringe'

When is jihad OK? Muslim Perspectives

Specific Muslim Scholars

A Common Word Between Us and You, by 130 Islamic scholars

Attacks on Civilians: Forbidden by Islam, by Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi

Ayatollah Muhammad Husain Fadlallah of Lebanon condemns Osama Bin Laden, by Ayatollah Muhammad Husain Fadlallah

Bin Laden's Violence is a Heresy Against Islam, by AbdulHakim Murad (Tim Winter)

Defending the Civilians (a fatwa against terrorism), by Shaykh Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti

Expert Says Islam Prohibits Violence Against Innocents, by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Grand Sheikh of al-Azhar Condemns Suicide Bombings, by Shaykh Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi

High Mufti of Russian Muslims calls for Extradition of Bin Laden, by Russian Muslim leaders

Iran's Supreme Leader Condemns Attacks on U.S., by Ayatollah Ali Khamanei

Islam and the Question of Violence, by Seyyed Hossein Nasr, Iranian scholar

Jihad and the Modern World, by Dr. Sherman Jackson

Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose, by Muzammil H. Siddiqui

Most Prominent Sunni Muslim Scholar Condemns Killing of Civilians, by Shaykh Muhammad Sayyed Tantawi, Grand Imam of Al-Azhar University

Muslim Attitudes about Violence, by Shaykh Muhammad al-Munajjid

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Part I - Fatwas, by various scholars

Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Part IV A few Quotes, by various scholars

On the Terrorist Attacks, by Imam Zaid Shakir

Prominent Pakistani Cleric Tahir ul Qadri condemns Bin Laden, by Tahir ul Qadri

Reclaiming Islam from the Terrorists, by AbdulHakim Murad, British scholar

Reflections on the National Horror of September 11, 2001, by Muzammil H. Siddiqui

Refutation of Bin Laden's Defense of Terrorism, by Moiz Amjad, Pakistani scholar

Response to a Question about Islam and Terrorism, by Moiz Amjad, Pakistani scholar

Saudi Clerics Condemn Terrorism, by Sheikh Abderrahman al-Sudayes

Saudi Grand Mufti Condemns Terrorist Attacks in U.S., by Shaikh Abdulaziz Al-Ashaikh

Scholars' Statements Regarding The Attacks In The United States, by Shaykh Abdul-Aziz Aali-Shaykh, Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia and President of the Committee of Senior Scholars, and Shaykh Saleh Al-Lehaydaan, Chief Justice Of The Saudi Arabian Judiciary, and Shaykh Dr. Saaleh Ibn Ghaanem As-Sadlaan, Pres. Higher Studies Dept. Al-Imaam Muhammd Ibn Saud Islamic University

Spanish Muslim Clerical authorities Issue Fatwa against Osamah Bin Laden, by Spanish Muslim leaders

Terrorism Is at Odds With Islamic Tradition, by Khaled Abou El Fadl

Terrorism: Not a doorway to heaven, by Jamil Abdul Razzak Hajoo, of Idriss Mosque, Seattle

The Myth of Islamic Terrorism Exploded, by Shaykh Abdul Azeez bin Abdullah bin Baaz and Shaykh Muhammad Bin Saalih al Uthaymeen

The worst enemies of Islam are from within, by Hamza Yusuf

Top Saudi Cleric Says Attacks on U.S. a Terrible Crime in Islam, by Shaykh Salah al-Lahidan, head of the Islamic Judiciary of Saudi Arabia

Violence Against Innocents Violates Islamic Law, by Imam Siraj Wahhaj

What is jihad? What is terrorism?, by Statement by Muslim scholars

There's more here if you want to look.

Hollow words (Including blatant lies) devoid of direct action.  Actions speak louder than words.

ETA:  Where are the moderate jihadis?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would be just fine if GD regularly distinguished radical Islam from true Islam I wasn't so busy trying to stir shit.

fixed.

If you hate GD so bad, why bother posting here?

Some places just need their shit to be stirred, I guess.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#26]
So damn true

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to waste my time refuting a satirical Onion piece point by point. It's the Onion.

as I said in another thread I believe it has become the new "cool kid badge" to defend Islam and snort derision at those who don't.

there's a difference between defending Islam and LOL'ing at those who think a few Muslims are a credible threat to the American way of life.

I may understand this incorrectly but the basic statement of "I do not think a few Muslims are credible threat to the American way of life" Is idiotic at best. A few Muslims have already done just that.

killing thousands of Americans, even 10s of thousands, will not bring down America or event fundamentally impact our way of life, as a whole.

To think otherwise is the pinnacle of foolishness.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The hate that I have for them is directly attributable to their actions.  When 'moderate' Islam stands up and wages Jihad against 'radical' Islam and wins, I might change my opinion.

It has. Numerous clerics have declared jihad on terrorists, they have called for peace but you know what?  We have millions of renecks rolling around with "everything I learned about Islam I learned on 9/11" who revel in their ignorance. Look what happens whe a story gets posted here about any kind of violence and it goes 10 pages of "RoP" before the facts come out. If it turns out to be a white guy in a plane then they find something else to talk about. When a story gets posted about a muslim cleric or organization standing up and denouncing terrorists and those who support then it gets buried in about 5 minutes because 99% of the people here don't want to believe in peacefull muslims.

Jihad is war.  I don't see a holy war being waged against the Islamists.  There is only one true jihad being waged in Islam and it is by the Islamists.  They are clearly winning too.  You further insult the 'millions of rednecks' who hate Islam (for very good reasons) without even beginning to acknowledge that there are a hundred million plus Muslims who look at OBL like we look at Reagan...

As for standing up...  Words.  Empty words.  Like the UN they are intellectually dishonest and weak because their actions do not match their words.  True Jihad against the 'radicals' would be evidenced by mass assasinations of radical clerics by moderate muslims, bombings of extremist safehouses, beheadings of captured radicals (as called for by the Koran), extreme villification of madrassas and Islamism, pro US (American muslim) jihad groups waging war against all anti US jihadi groups.  You would see absolutely record numbers of American Muslims joining the US armed forces.  This is not happening though.  Instead we get hollow words from them.  

Basically, we don't need peaceful Muslims.  We need American Muslims to fight for what they espouse en masse.  Fewer Ghadani's and more Shughart and Gordon types who will walk the walk.  We have an estimated 5-7 million US Muslims (supposedly moderates for the most part) to draw from.  Why is it that a huge ground swell of support from the Muslim community has not been forthcoming?   Instead the US has to rely on 'millions of rednecks' to fight the 'radical Muslims'.  Go figure.

Jihad is not war, it means "struggle" and it takes many forms.  I can't even begin to argue the fact that you want peaceful Muslims to prove they believe in peace by going to war.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#29]

I don't have to like them.  It's a free country.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
havent clicked the link

but i know that a peaceful loving muslim will kill you ,

not all of them..   but hey it only takes one right   < or 19 >  

so in short fuck em if they cant land a plane.

thanks

edit

and the ones that dont do anything...   do exactly that NOTHING to stop the ones that are.

im sure im playing into the strereotype of your link..  but   oh well.

Fuck yeah
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

i don't really care who or what a man worships. so long as he leaves me alone.

i do care that day after day iread about attrocities commited by radical followers of islam. attrocities that tend to kill a lot of people around them. You will have to forgive me if i don't care to associate with them and prefer to keep my eyes open if they are around.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

i do care that day after day iread about attrocities commited by radical followers of islam. attrocities that tend to kill a lot of people around them. You will have to forgive me if i don't care to associate with them and prefer to keep my eyes open if they are around.

<a href="http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/" target="_blank">http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg</a>

I assume this figure counts every single instance of an attack by a Muslim throughout the entire world?  That doesn't sound very realistic.  After all, we know that all the attacks by Hamas is because they are evil Muslims, not because they Palestinians trying to gain more territory/independence.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't forget that the Muslims can't even get along with each other and they repeatedly blow each other up in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, & Pakistan.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They can, and will, lie to you.

this. It says so in the Koran
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Not every Japanese citizen wanted to go to war with the US, but the sneak attack came, just the same.

They will never accept Democracy, we're stupid trying to sell them on it. They are way too old school for Western ideals.  They are unimpressed by subtlety and especially unimpressed with inferior firepower , whether it's not present or just withheld. MOAB's, they are impressed with, however.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

killing thousands of Americans, even 10s of thousands, will not bring down America or event fundamentally impact our way of life, as a whole.

They don't have to kill us to get their way (Fascist Sharia State), simply outnumber us, and they damn sure have plans to do just this (The one's who don't explode that is).

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I think the author skimmed a few posts on GD and used them to create the article...because (cue the painted pickup) all I need to know about islam I learned on 9/11 and we have to fight them over there else we have to fight them over here and wayyyy too many cabs in NYC to do that.  And follow that with some burka, burka, durka, durka, something from Team America, fuck Obama, fuck ARock and something else.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jihad is not war, it means "struggle" and it takes many forms.  I can't even begin to argue the fact that you want peaceful Muslims to prove they believe in peace by going to war.

Bullshit.  Jihad is holy war.  That is the most common use of the word.  To declare jihad on terrorists is to declare holy war against them, only in these cases it is bullshit due to a severe lack of action. You are correct in that you cannot argue.  If American and 'Moderate' Muslims worldwide want to be taken seriously and truly want their religion to be one of peace then they will have to make war against those who are supposedly subverting their religion first.  Many Muslims world wide leave their homes to go fight and die against us.  Why is it so outlandish to expect those who claim to be proud American Muslims who declare jihad against terrorists to do the same for us?

One of 3 things will happen.  I'm bound and determined to make it #'s 1 or 2.  I really don't care if Islam ceases to exist in 100 years.  I do care whether or not These United States exist in 100 years though.  
1- Islam will reform itself. (There will be blood)
2- Islam will be reformed or destroyed by outsiders. (Even more blood)
3- Islam will defeat the west. (So much blood you could swim in it)

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The reason for that is simple: Christianity came out of the dark ages and Islam has not.

This.  Islam has been at war with the world since its founding.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/" target="_blank">http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg</a>

I assume this figure counts every single instance of an attack by a Muslim throughout the entire world?  That doesn't sound very realistic.  After all, we know that all the attacks by Hamas is because they are evil Muslims, not because they Palestinians trying to gain more territory/independence.

That's right.  They are evil.  They shoot rockets into cities and kill people indiscriminately to try to usurp territory that isn't and wasn't theirs in the first place.  They are mongrels and cowards, who revel in violence against innocents, and snivel when rough men come around to return the favor.  Fuck Palestine.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The American way of life has changed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either to young to remember how it was or to foolish to know how it changed. Rose colored glasses are nice but they are not reality.

The effects of 9/11(not to mention the multitude of other acts of violence by the radicals) perpetuated by just a few - changed our personal thoughts/freedoms, changed the governments level of power, changed thousands and thousands of those in our Military forever as well as countless others also involved. This has changed a portion of a generations behavior that will have a trickle down effect on their kids due to the above. It will and has breed a new generation of political leaders as well as social misfits.  

The so called small effects of the above and other may not change everything instantly like a coat of paint - but as the Chinese say "no single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood".

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I just knew this was the point of your other thread.

Trying to prove how superior or non-bigoted you are?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Just for the OP.  With love, understanding, and kumbaya songs.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm not deriding anyone.

Islam doesn't do it for me. But I do fear the day when Islamophobia becomes Catholiphobia. I don't want there to be recent precedent for when it's popular to come after me.

Moderate Muslims haven't bombed anything, but they get treated like they have, especially on GD. And no, inaction to speak out against violence does not make you as guilty as the violence itself does.

First, what the heck is Catholiphobia?  Is that something that has been practiced?

And yes, if you don't speak out against those who commit violence in YOUR name, you are just as guilty.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah exactly. I don't wake up every morning and shake my fist "God damn Sikhs!! God damn Jains! You'll get whats coming to you !!!"
But i have this deficiency......I CAN READ. I can only assume two things, either A. these "fans of Islam" are not reading what i am reading OR B. They are "differently interpreting" the headlines of such stories.  or C. they know what i am saying is true but to face that truth is too scary.
For example 9-11 did NOT change my Opinion of Islam, i pretty much had a 'western view', you know, just as we have abortion bombers etc. etc.
its like 5 guys living in a cave, etc. No, my opinion gradually changed after 2005 with  the muhammud cartoon event, the pope talking smack event, the pew research poll showing that 25% of British muslims support suicide bombing, the murder of Theo van Gogh, the french Banilieu riots, i mean the fucking list goes on and on.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume this figure counts every single instance of an attack by a Muslim throughout the entire world?  That doesn't sound very realistic. After all, we know that all the attacks by Hamas is because they are evil Muslims, not because they Palestinians trying to gain more territory/independence.

ask your self self how many times the evil joos have given them EXACTLY what they asked for.,  

then fucked that up also.

how many times?

you wont answer ?  ok  go back to mocking me..,  

go back to believing all the Palis want is land and at the end of the day they will come together and sing kum ba ya with the joos

i will sleep well at night ,,  

you dumb motherfucker.

Cluster

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be just fine if moderate Islam regularly distinguished itself from radical Islam.

Well said sir, well said, and oh so true.

The trouble is that I have seen no such effort.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You do know the Muslims were given a homeland same as the Jews after WWII right?  It is called Pakistan.  The palestinians can go live there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Someone doesn't know much about Islam.  As in your other troll thread, again, half my family is Islamic (mostly Sufi, though, so not very "true" Muslims).  I know a bit about Islam.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top