Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
More like FDR's.  And his inheritors'.

+1

Just eliminate everyone under a certain age from SS, Medicare etc.  The system is broke.  Just take the hit for those left alive that are on it, and everyone thats young better get their shit together and plan for their own future.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Just eliminate everyone under a certain age from SS, Medicare etc.  The system is broke.  Just take the hit for those left alive that are on it, and everyone thats young better get their shit together and plan for their own future.

Problem solved.

Fixed.

I'll be glad to see those items disappear from my taxes.  I'll stop short of demanding a refund.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Problem solved.

Fixed.

I'll be glad to see those items disappear from my taxes.  I'll stop short of demanding a refund.

I meant if you are eliminated your not paying in and you will never get a pay out from them.  Just finance those already on it with debt, which is what we are doing anyway.  Kill off the system.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Problem solved.

Fixed.

I meant if you are eliminated your not paying in and you will never get a pay out from them.  Just finance those already on it with debt, which is what we are doing anyway.  Kill off the system.

I understand and agree, but I don't think we should even continue to finance it.  Just cut it off entirely.  Somebody somewhere is going to scream that we're "stealing" their benefits regardless, may as well get it out of the way sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Problem solved.

Fixed.

I understand and agree, but I don't think we should even continue to finance it.  Just cut it off entirely.  Somebody somewhere is going to scream that we're "stealing" their benefits regardless, may as well get it out of the way sooner rather than later.

And what stop giving all the old people their monthly SS check?  That is just impossible.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Be less problems if they'd stop spending money on stupid pork shit like huge bridges in Alaska, replacing just repaired railroad's in MS, or decommissioning submarines they just spent a shitload repairing.

As much of a waste as that stuff is, it's peanuts compared to the President's massive boost in Medicare spending and the Social Security pyramid scheme.

yeah,  Medicare  D   has  added something between  $700billion- 1 trillion to the
national debt

& that was a GOP plan (vote pandering)

That's peanuts compared to what the plan added in unfunded liabilities, which was something like six or seven trillion dollars.

Total unfunded liabilities of the fedgov. are around sixty trillion, and are almost entirely made up of entitlement programs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Problem solved.

sure, I'll accept that if they cut off all government pensions and healthcare benefits except military.  That's congress, the Presidents,  and all the bureaucrats that thought the rules wouldn't apply to them.  Jeez, why punish ourselves more than our rulers, that's just stupid.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Problem solved.

sure, I'll accept that if they cut off all government pensions except military.  That's congress, the Presidents,  and all the bureaucrats that thought the rules wouldn't apply to them.  Jeez, why punish ourselves more than our rulers, that's just stupid.

Yes, add that one on as well, and why stop there?

Use this wonderful state of NH as an example for the nation.

NH State Constitution, Part Second:
Art. 15. [Compensation of the Legislature.] The presiding officers of both
houses of the legislature, shall severally receive out of the state treasury as
compensation in full for their services for the term elected [two years] the sum
of $250, and all other members thereof, seasonably attending and not
departing without license, the sum of $200...

They do make an extra $3 a day for extended sessions.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Life runs on credit, because the times you NEED money are not allways the same as the times you have it...

Do you mean that without banksters' creation of credit we would all be dead?

1913 was a very bad year.  Agreed.  Federal Reserve Bank, income tax and direct election of senators.  I still don't think it would have happened without Lincoln and his spawn.  YMMV.

Life runs on credit because our money is loaned into existence. It is credit.

Keynes is dead, and the long run has arrived.

Volcker, O'Niel, Paul, many others are not democrats, GAO terms run for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
If everyone but the weakest/vulnerable among society in this country would quit being so dependent on the government and Americans would quit letting politicians use the federal tit as such a flagrant vote grabber for power, we'd all be better off.  We've got generations of folks that need to be weaned.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
3. From courage to liberty;
4. From liberty to abundance;
5. From abundance to complacency;
6. From complacency to apathy;
7. From apathy to dependence;     <------ WE ARE HERE
8. From dependence back into bondage  <------ ENGLAND IS HERE

ANdy

I just think this need to get restated again

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Back in the '70s my father warned me it would happen.  He then predicted that the government would easily get itself out of it too.  It'll print a couple of $$$$$ bills, hand off the worthless notes to the debtors and wipe out its debt overnight.  Unfortunately, our own $$$ will also be wiped out along with it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would like to see where the libtards are going to cut spending.
Anyone?
Anyone?

Hahahahaha. Keep dreaming.

I'd imagine they would start with saving hundreds of billions of $ by not starting an unnecessary and unjust war

So you are going to cut defense, I take it.
Shitty equipment for the troops and hand outs for the welfare queens.
Brilliant.
Lets advertise that, shall we?
Tell you what.  How about you post what Health and Human Services/HUD's budget was for the past year and we will bounce that off defense.
Sound like a plan?

Your strawman argument is weak.  Where did I suggest cutting spending on better equipment?  We'd have hundreds of billions that we could use to better equip our military if we didn't go half cocked into Iraq.  Where did I suggest we increase welfare spending?  I even criticized money given to HHS (CDC, reports to HHS) in the post above.  Try again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Walker is a liberal appointed by Clinton. That is all that needs to be said.

how did you determine he's a DEM  ??

David Walker served in the Reagan administration & the first Bush administraion

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The terrorists are too late, the Republicans and Democrats will finish the country off before the Terrorists make any real headway.
Oh wait, this is ar15.com, I'm supposed to pretend it's all the Democrats fault.. sorry.

I'll second that.  The parties worried more about their power then their country.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:18:53 AM EDT
[#16]
We need more illegals to fix the problem
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Economics didn't get the title "The Dismal Science" because of it's long history of making rosy predicitons. The overwhelming majority of predictions by economist turn out to not just be incorrect, but horribly incorrect. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#18]
there have been 7 comptroller generals since 1921, 3 GOP appointed

Quoted:

2. The GAO organization has been controlled by democrats for decades now.

first comptroller general appointed by Warren G. Haeding:

" John R. McCarl was the first Comptroller General of the GAO. (1921-1936)
He was a lawyer by profession and therefore looked upon the problem of accounting for public money, not as an accounting .... "

" Joseph Campbell was appointed as Comptroller General in 1955(-1965).
Campbell was an accountant by profession and was first appointed to the Atomic Energy Commission before being nominated by President Eisenhower as the Comptroller General of the GAO. His initial appointment was blocked by Democrats who were not pleased with his involvement while he was with the Atomic Energy Commission in the Dixon-Yates project, an Eisenhower proposal to provide electric power to the...."

" Charles A. Bowsher -  Appointed by President Reagan to a fifteen-year term as Comptroller General of the United States in 1981-(1996), he aggressively pursued the mandate of the General Accounting Office resulting in increased visibility and effectiveness for the agency. Under his leadership, the GAO became involved..... "
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I read the AP article in the regional paper this weekend (Ron Paul's districk), the Austin Americian Statesmand did not bother to pick it up - which I thought was funny, since it was something that was said in Austin.

I worry about the Federal Deficit, and about the Federal Debt.  Business can borrow because people believe they will be repaid.  I really do not know how much longer the world will believe we will repay the Trade Deficit.  When they start doubting that, Inflation will hit us like we often say we want to hit other things.

I mean really, it was depressing seing made in China at almost ever deer feeder at Acadamy last night.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top