Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#1]
And these are the guy enforcing the gun laws!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#2]

When he saw the huge DARE logo plastered on the side of my friend's unit, he turned around and went back to the pistol range.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Its not the fact that so many LEO's I encounter don't know about firearms, but the fact that they act like they do and are unwilling to listen to anyone telling them they are wrong unless they have a badge.

Same goes for radios for some reason. Being a radio hobbiets and doing soem work on the side, I have run into more bad information on that subject as well.

So many assume because they use them for work they know all about them, and will only get thier info from someone else with a badge. In one case I showed a guy the actual law and he still refused to believe me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup.

I use commercial gear for most of my VHF and UHF ham stuff. Same crap here, and NC doesn't even have scanner laws as bad as FL.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top