Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't be a ten if it doesn't make sense.
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZP6KIVZIDtxIc/giphy.gif
You gotta plow a 2 to appreciate a 6. Have fun plowing those 2's.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
This totally happened. 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Literally, you guys are the snapchat filter that adds an extra chromosome. Eat Rosie O'donnel's cunt you fucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't going to say it, but yep.
Literally, you guys are the snapchat filter that adds an extra chromosome. Eat Rosie O'donnel's cunt you fucks.

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
My last trip to the range had me shooting around 100 rounds through my 24 inch JP Enterprises varmint gun.    I havent shot it in about 4-5 years and I wanted to confirm zero for the bulk 50grn American Eagle poly tip.   I have probably 5-6k rounds hrough the rifle shot mostly between 1998-2005.    It is the very example of the saying l "beware the man who only owns one rifle" sort of gun for me.

So I fired 5 rounds at 100 yards and adjusted for zero.    5 more rounds it was good to go.    I then started ruining every standing "squirrel" steel target from 200-400 yards. Leaving nothing but the larger gongs for anyone to shoot at.

SubMOA 14 pound AR with a 6.5-20x rifle tends to make for a fun bench rifle.

That is the rifle you need for annoying FUDD.     Find the target they are shooting and put a nice 10 shot MOA group on their target in an unused quadrant of the target when they are not looking.    Then double tap every gong from 100-500 yards to drive the point home.

Oh and I should add the rifle has a JP Recoil Eliminator brake so it is extra obnoxious to bystanders.   But by god it is totally recoiless.   A little buffer jiggle is all you get from the action cycling.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You gotta plow a 2 to appreciate a 6. Have fun plowing those 2's.
View Quote
Wasn't directed at you, but okay.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup. People don't talk in ridiculous curse-laden soliloquies anywhere but the internet.
View Quote
In some places that's called friendly (meaning back and forth without any for real go-fuck-yourself-itude) banter

Good on you OP- I love quick witted exchanges with friends like you're used to, and I can imagine it happened just like you said!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:06:02 AM EDT
[#7]
#ThatHappened
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#9]
While its hard for GD arfcommers to believe, there isn't a lot of knowledge of AR's outside of the AR community.  If you don't own one, or care to own one, then it is much more likely you won't care for them.  This goes doubly triple if you are a cantankerous fuck.  People that hunt are not necessarily gun people and may even be marginal anti's, as long as it isn't their shotgun or deer rifle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You're grandpa didn't wash you are mouth out for talking like that
View Quote
My first thought.  No way would I have ever considered cursing in front of my grandparents.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love my club. Doing some work hours clearing brush and fixing a fence, one of the oldest and (not at all really) fuddiest members was overheard saying... "I want one of those PS90's. I don't care if people say it's just weak 5.56. 50 shots of that will ruin your day, I don't care who you are."
View Quote
I'll take an FN PS90.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I got one for you, OP

I was shooting my AR with FMJ bullets. The Fudd in the next lane says, "What are you going to kill with those armor piercing bullets?" with the stink eye at my platform.

I make a show of looking at his bullets and ask, "What are you going to kill with those Dum Dum bullets? They're banned by the Geneva convention you know".

That shut the Fudd up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:27:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Literally, you guys are the snapchat filter that adds an extra chromosome. Edited ~ medicmandan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally, you guys are the snapchat filter that adds an extra chromosome. Edited ~ medicmandan
Here we go, bans and locks are coming....
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:32:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My last trip to the range had me shooting around 100 rounds through my 24 inch JP Enterprises varmint gun.    I havent shot it in about 4-5 years and I wanted to confirm zero for the bulk 50grn American Eagle poly tip.   I have probably 5-6k rounds hrough the rifle shot mostly between 1998-2005.    It is the very example of the saying l "beware the man who only owns one rifle" sort of gun for me.

So I fired 5 rounds at 100 yards and adjusted for zero.    5 more rounds it was good to go.    I then started ruining every standing "squirrel" steel target from 200-400 yards. Leaving nothing but the larger gongs for anyone to shoot at.

SubMOA 14 pound AR with a 6.5-20x rifle tends to make for a fun bench rifle.

That is the rifle you need for annoying FUDD.     Find the target they are shooting and put a nice 10 shot MOA group on their target in an unused quadrant of the target when they are not looking.    Then double tap every gong from 100-500 yards to drive the point home.

Oh and I should add the rifle has a JP Recoil Eliminator brake so it is extra obnoxious to bystanders.   But by god it is totally recoiless.   A little buffer jiggle is all you get from the action cycling.
View Quote
@uglygun, I want to build another varment gun.  Do you mind posting a pic of it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:36:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yep....Minnesota can be like that....I believe that because I grew up with these Fuddrunners and know how they act. There is no Fudd like a Minnesota Fudd.

Generally great people but oh so misguided in so many ways
View Quote
Minnesota is Fudd capital
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:28:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i bet the grandpa told the fudds to foad and op is taking credit.

srsly though one of my most vivid memories growing up involved my dad and some out of nowhere cursing. we were at the mcdonalds counter ordering on a saturday morning and dad says "i'll have a big mac meal" - kid at counter says "what?" - dad repeats - kid says "what?" again

dad says "what's the matter with you, kid? you got shit in your ears? BIG MAC MEAL" - kid about fainted. i am reminded of it when i see the scene in pulp fiction where samuel l jackson says "say what again"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think OP may have a grandpa.

Other than that, literally none of this happened.
Yup. People don't talk in ridiculous curse-laden soliloquies anywhere but the internet.
i bet the grandpa told the fudds to foad and op is taking credit.

srsly though one of my most vivid memories growing up involved my dad and some out of nowhere cursing. we were at the mcdonalds counter ordering on a saturday morning and dad says "i'll have a big mac meal" - kid at counter says "what?" - dad repeats - kid says "what?" again

dad says "what's the matter with you, kid? you got shit in your ears? BIG MAC MEAL" - kid about fainted. i am reminded of it when i see the scene in pulp fiction where samuel l jackson says "say what again"
thanks for rescuing this shit thread
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#17]
In my experience it isn't that there are  a lot of Fudd types left, as much as for every Fudd that dies, their ignorance is then divided among the Fudds that remain.

Like the Highlander, or the movie The One. More of them that die from old age, their lack of knowledge of modern guns, and gun law multiplies among the rest. 8(

Seen one guy a few years ago screaming bloody murder at friends go to shop/range cause a can was being used a few lanes over from us.

It's one of the top places that have cans in the display cases, and you can rent some cool NFA stuff if ya want. And this older guy was shitting bricks trying to get the staff to call the cops, when they have the dam cans in the display shelf. /Sigh

This isn't redneck land either. This is where the people who do okay, to really well live. Where a 400k paid off condo makes my friend/ex boss "poor".

Wish my boss/buddy had bought his Rossi .357/.38 Special Ranch Hand by then. Blown some more fuses I bet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@uglygun, I want to build another varment gun.  Do you mind posting a pic of it?
View Quote
Kinda done with posting pics of my guns on net.

But it's specs are.

JP Enterprises 24in 1:9 twist grade 1 upper with Recoil Eliminator brake
DPMS stainless steel lower
6.5-20 Leupold LR Target
Armalite 30mm mount
JP Enterprises single stage trigger
Sierra Precision Rifles target grip(massive)
Choate thumb hook stock
SPR 3 way adjustable buttplate for extra length(6ft 3in tall and long eyerelief on 6.5)
Paracord wrapped handguard to insulate metal handguard that gets cold as fuck in winter.

Sometimes a sitting model swivel bipod is on it.

Rifle is 14 pounds unloaded and 48 inches in length.

The other day at the range is was pretty much using the magazine as a monopod and still got decent groups at 100 yards.

When the rifle was new it put so many damn subMOA groups out with a variety of ammo that it was pointless trying to search for an accuracy load.   My handloads were 40grn Vmax with H322 and they were around 3/4 MOA for 10 shots with mixed brass.   H322 flowed so nice from the measure there was no point to trickle loading to a precise weight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#19]
*Yawn*  Uh huh.....Mmm Hmm.....Right.....Okay.....*Yawn*

WTF ever.  I've been known to shoot $5000+ bolt guns at 100 yards.  LOL
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:04:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Well I disagree with your assessment of the usefulness of a good bolt gun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I hate fudds
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

First group of fudds ive met here. Moved recently.
View Quote
We got them here...........in fact...........for decades I called Michigan "FUDD Central".

Yes, they are condescending, asshole, anti gun blowhards and I hate them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats fkn funny right there
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How do you guys run across these guys. I've never experienced people like this at the range and I live in a state literally filled with Fudds.
View Quote
Minnesota is fucking full of them. They're usually in the country. I can respect someone who is true to their convictions, like an anti gunner, and just says ban them all. They're wrong, of course, but I can respect that they actually have a concrete opinion.

What I can't stand are fucking Fudds who should know better. Exactly how long will you get to keep your high powered sniper rifle and indiscriminate scattergun when my deadly assault weapon has been pried from my cold dead hands?

My cousin once said nearly exactly this Shit to me once and he thinks of himself as a gun enthusiast. We were drilling steel at 300 with my AR and he said, "These are cool, but weapons of war don't belong in the woods..." I asked him what the fuck he thinks his lever gun started out as and Benelli super 90 are, and further pointed out that my AR is more accurate by a factor of 10 than his 30-30 lever gun.

Fudds are our worst possible enemy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I hatetalking to people.
View Quote
Fixed it!
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#28]
OP imagines he is...

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How do you guys run across these guys. I've never experienced people like this at the range and I live in a state literally filled with Fudds.
View Quote

At the gun club I used to belong to some old fart (but probably a year or two younger than me ) would walk by my station a couple of times eyeballing my AR and M1A. Then about the 3rd time by he would stop and make some comment about "well, I couldn't afford THOSE guns - but there isn't much point in having them anyway...."

A few months later I noticed him at the far end of the benches. Never came by to make his usual sarcastic remarks. Finally I took a little break in the action and noticed him shooting an AR in .308
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LOL. I can't believe you guys managed to get the minivan thread locked.
View Quote
Minivan thread?

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Let your heads explode!

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#33]
They don't sound like"Fudds" to me, they sound like nosy assholes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I identify OP - I moved to PA from FL.  Got a membership for the family @ a club and went to sight in my SBR with new aimpoint to my DBAL.  Get on the far outside lane and start to walk rounds to zero.  Old fudds come down complaining of my brake, illegal SBR, "my assault rifle."  I politely asked if they were really complaining of noise at a gun range - they got really pissed and demanded my membership etc.  So I acquiesced and pulled out my can so I didn't effect their delicate peace.  They went apoplectic.  It was priceless.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I got one for you, OP

I was shooting my AR with FMJ bullets. The Fudd in the next lane says, "What are you going to kill with those armor piercing bullets?" with the stink eye at my platform.

I make a show of looking at his bullets and ask, "What are you going to kill with those Dum Dum bullets? They're banned by the Geneva convention you know".

That shut the Fudd up.
View Quote
It was the Hague Convention of 1899, not the Geneva Convention.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#39]
This thread needs a poll added: do you believe this event actually took place outside the OPs imagination yes/no.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#40]
More details on the $5,000 bolt guns please.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
this is why i think its a true story.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#42]
gym007 thread .....................
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.

Pics of the $5,000 bolt gun?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#44]
currently lucky enough to have my own range...could change in the future,,and I'm probably old enough to be your grandpa.
I think the close-minded assholes you describe should go ahead and surrender their arms as they're too STUPID to own dangerous weapons
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#45]
I would have pissed on their rifles and then sawed their target in half with my AR pistol, rapid fire and dumping all the brass in their faces. Because this is the Internet. 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
My exact thoughts on the subject.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
While its hard for GD arfcommers to believe, there isn't a lot of knowledge of AR's outside of the AR community.  If you don't own one, or care to own one, then it is much more likely you won't care for them.  This goes doubly triple if you are a cantankerous fuck.  People that hunt are not necessarily gun people and may even be marginal anti's, as long as it isn't their shotgun or deer rifle.
View Quote
This is very true. 

My FIL origional did not care for them. Raised in upstate New York he has a shotgun and an old Winchester pump in 22WRF. 

The first couple of range trips he passed on the AR.  We went shooting yesterday and dumped a couple hundred rounds into a pair of targets at 50yrds with my rifle (just havin fun making noise). We got home and his comment was "that thing is REEEALLLY hard to miss with" 

i just smiled and said "now imagine if it had a scope"
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yankees? I lived in North Carolina for 15 years bud. Minnesotans ain't nothing like northeastern yankees. Theyre just as redneck, if not more, than southerners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Around here the ARs outnumber the fudd guns by a fair margin these days....

Of course, grown men don't talk to each other like that sober, either.  Yankees.  
Yankees? I lived in North Carolina for 15 years bud. Minnesotans ain't nothing like northeastern yankees. Theyre just as redneck, if not more, than southerners.
lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll admit it, I'm a long range bolt gun fanatic.  Built a hell of a lot more of them than I have AR's.  I have never come across a $5,000 bolt gun (especially multiples at the range at one time)  and don't know of anyone in the local benchrest community that has.

$1600 in a rifle is about my limit.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top