BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That cause your from Canada or Europe some where, Americans don't just bend over and take it.

So you are implying that you do own unregistered machinegun - because you don't just "bend over and take it"?

Obviously, I'm not trying to get you to admit to a serious felony - my point is just that I'm be pretty confident in wagering that you DO NOT own unregistered machineguns, which means that you DO in a sense "bend over and take it" when it comes to gun bans.  

I hope this doesn't sound like a personal attack or me being a complete asshole - I'm just trying to make a logical point.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

You may not understand it and it sounds like you don't agree with it.

But I have faith is my fellow Americans that this is all that needs to be said.

And just to ensure my position is made clear, I'll add another thousand words...

ETA: My wife read this wanted  me to add her picture since this is her weapon of choice...

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A "scout" #5 Jungle Carbine.  Very fast bolt action with lots of power.  Quick to reload with stripper clips too.

Those things kick like a pissed-off mule - and that retarded hard rubber "butt pad" only makes things worse!  

In principle, I love my Jungle carbine - but in practice I don't particularly like shooting it.

A No. 4 Lee Enfield cut down into Jungle Carbine config is not bad at all. I agree about the rubber buttpad, I read someone here call it a "recoil concentrator"

A Lee Enfield just rocks as a fast bolt gun. Srtipper clip fed, ten round mag solid as a rock
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Marlin 45-70, but in terms of obtaining alot of ammo, either my Remington 700 .308 or my remington 870 12 gauge.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
When they come , make sure you give them all your bullets first.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have long thought about what type of rifle I'd want if high cap semis became unavailable or illegal. Here are my thoughts:

1. I'd want a quality, modern bolt action, preferably a light weight, compact weapon similar in size to the Remington Model 7.

2. I'd want it to have the ability to take a forward mounted scout scope or an Aimpoint.

3. I'd want it to fire a cartridge such as the .243, which is a fairly capable, yet an easy to shoot caliber in a light weapon.

4. I'd want it to have a slot for accepting stripper clips and an internal (non-detach) magazine. Think of bolt-action military weapons such as Mausers and Nagants, but with more capacity if possible (8-12 rounds).

5. An available supply of stripper clips made for said weapon.

6. I'd want it to be as accurate as possible, so bed it and give it a free-floating barrel

7. Add a quality flash hider

8. Be built using a very tough stock made up of composite materials, kevlar and synthetics.

To be quite honest, I would likely buy a weapon that met all of the above specs if someone made one right now. I would also consider such a rifle an ideal trunk gun. It would basically be a multiple purpose gun, suited to hunting or SHTF. I guess what I'm describing is essentially a modernized Enfield Jungle Carbine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Marlin 30-30
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
- A Marlin .30-30 or a pre-'64 Winchester 94 .30-30

- Pump action 12 gauge

- C&R bolt action w/ stripper clip compatability

If there was a ban with no grandfather clause, I highly doubt it would still allow SKS's and Garands. It would take a pretty far reaching ban to require turn ins, and I think with a ban of that magnitude all semi autos would be out. All my answers were with that in mind. I don't think it will ever come to that, or make it that far...

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
shotgun probably
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When they come , make sure you give them all your bullets point first.

Fixed it...

WBK
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#10]
SKS.  If not allowed...

Garand... if not allowed...

30-30 lever action.  If not allowed...

12 gauge pump.  If not allowed...

Well, nothing past that really.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#11]
All semis , and I mean -ALL SEMIS OUTLAWED-

Marllin 336 .30-30 win

Remington 870  12ga

Ruger GP100 .357

and a good .22lr bolt gun.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the cheapest ..30-30 ammo on the net? Ables ammo has Wolf gold for 10 something a box for 10 or more boxes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Marlin 30-30 and Garand seem to be the Go to guns when the Ban comes...I like marlins and garands alot, but lets hope this ban never comes, so my Marlin and Garand can sit next to my AR and M1A in the Safe...  
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I assume that everyone who says they will ignore any future gun laws and bans already have unregistered machineguns.  If not, their principles seem odd and inconsistent to me.

thats because most of us didn't own those before the ban and can't afford them now.  If they try to take away the ones we do have now, then there will be problems.  If they do it by grandfathering, they will have a lot of problems later on with old men/women!

I know I am not giving up my guns.  They can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Red Ryder!!!

Those fuckers would want that too I suppose. You can put your eye out with one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#15]
well..anyone worth their salt that had "illegal" firearms would bury them somewhere and unbury them when SHTF.

You'd have to have something to GET to that spot.

I'd choose an SKS and my trusty kimber super match II to fight my way to the secret location :D

though...if SHTF I'll most likly be deployed somewhere and have access to lots and lots of goodies :D
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I ummm.....won't have one......All mine were lost in a tragic boating accident.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Any banned assault rifle picked up off the street after
shtf
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Garand..
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I assume that everyone who says they will ignore any future gun laws and bans already have unregistered machineguns.  If not, their principles seem odd and inconsistent to me.

In principle this is very obviously true.  However, for people like me (almost 25) that logic doesn't count and we can continue to believe we'd ignore any future ban.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That cause your from Canada or Europe some where, Americans don't just bend over and take it.

So you are implying that you do own unregistered machinegun - because you don't just "bend over and take it"?

Obviously, I'm not trying to get you to admit to a serious felony - my point is just that I'm be pretty confident in wagering that you DO NOT own unregistered machineguns, which means that you DO in a sense "bend over and take it" when it comes to gun bans.  

I hope this doesn't sound like a personal attack or me being a complete asshole - I'm just trying to make a logical point.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

You may not understand it and it sounds like you don't agree with it.

But I have faith is my fellow Americans that this is all that needs to be said.

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/Navajozorro/charlton_heston2.jpg

And just to ensure my position is made clear, I'll add another thousand words...

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/Navajozorro/20070507-cold-dead-hands.jpg

ETA: My wife read this wanted  me to add her picture since this is her weapon of choice...

i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/Navajozorro/cold-dead.jpg

Good Lord - are you deliberately trying to misunderstand everything I say, or are you joking?

Let me try again - and lets see if you can reply without juvenile insults.  

If you are making the point that you have no intention of obeying a future gun ban, then there is no reason for you to obey past gun bans.  You clearly claim to believe that no infringment is acceptable - given your posts.

All I am saying is that if you REALLY believe what you say, then there is no reason for you NOT to currently own unregistered full-auto machineguns.  Why should you "bend over" and accept what you clearly consider to be an unconstitutional NFA law.

If, on the other hand, you are afraid of owning an unregistered machine-gun, then by your own definition - you are just a little sheep that bent over and took it when the ogovernment took away your rights.

I'm not trying to pick a personal fight or make juvenile comments - I'm purely pointing out the logical implication of what YOU are saying.

If you don't get that simple concept, then I guess I'm done with the conversation, because it's like talking to a wall.

(If on the other hand, your comments were tongue-in-cheek, and you were just yanking my chain, then I suck at the internet! - and we're probably pretty much on the same page)
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I have long thought about what type of rifle I'd want if high cap semis became unavailable or illegal. Here are my thoughts:

1. I'd want a quality, modern bolt action, preferably a light weight, compact weapon similar in size to the Remington Model 7.

2. I'd want it to have the ability to take a forward mounted scout scope or an Aimpoint.

3. I'd want it to fire a cartridge such as the .243, which is a fairly capable, yet an easy to shoot caliber in a light weapon.

4. I'd want it to have a slot for accepting stripper clips and an internal (non-detach) magazine. Think of bolt-action military weapons such as Mausers and Nagants, but with more capacity if possible (8-12 rounds).

5. An available supply of stripper clips made for said weapon.

6. I'd want it to be as accurate as possible, so bed it and give it a free-floating barrel

7. Add a quality flash hider

8. Be built using a very tough stock made up of composite materials, kevlar and synthetics.

To be quite honest, I would likely buy a weapon that met all of the above specs if someone made one right now. I would also consider such a rifle an ideal trunk gun. It would basically be a multiple purpose gun, suited to hunting or SHTF. I guess what I'm describing is essentially a modernized Enfield Jungle Carbine.

THis is exactly what I was thinking, but I have never shot a .243. I would go .308.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Prolly should have answered the OP's question in my smartass post above.  If I had to choose from what I have on hand that would survive a ban, I'd have to say 1911 and 870 with the S&W 36 and the USFA SAA in .45LC in my bag.  Assuming I could somehow carry all that ammo.  In reality, likely just the 1911 and 870.

In my mind, during the early stages of a SHTF situation, the 870 wouldn't scare people as much around here as anything else anyway.  Down the road, obviously, finding a better weapon would be acceptable as any sort of ban would likely no longer be operable.

In a perfect work, I'd want a Garrand, SKS, lever action in .357, or even a bolt action in .22LR for the zombies.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#24]
1903A3 Springfield or a SMLE.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A "scout" #5 Jungle Carbine.  Very fast bolt action with lots of power.  Quick to reload with stripper clips too.

Those things kick like a pissed-off mule - and that retarded hard rubber "butt pad" only makes things worse!  

In principle, I love my Jungle carbine - but in practice I don't particularly like shooting it.

This one is much better with a synthetic stock and a real butt pad.  My stock ones don't get shot much for the reasons you mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
...snip...
Good Lord - are you deliberately trying to misunderstand everything I say, or are you joking?

If you are making the point that you have no intention of obeying a future gun ban, then there is no reason for you to obey past gun bans.  You clearly claim to believe that no infringment is acceptable - given your posts.

All I am saying is that if you REALLY believe what you say, then there is no reason for you NOT to currently own unregistered full-auto machineguns.  Why should you "bend over" and accept what you clearly consider to be an unconstitutional NFA law.

If, on the other hand, you are afraid of owning an unregistered machine-gun, then by your own definition - you are just a little sheep that bent over and took it when the ogovernment took away your rights.

I'm not trying to pick a personal fight or make juvenile comments - I'm purely pointing out the logical implication of what YOU are saying.

If you don't get that simple concept, then I guess I'm done with the conversation, because it's like talking to a wall.

(If on the other hand, your comments were tongue-in-cheek, and you were just yanking my chain, then I suck at the internet! - and we're probably pretty much on the same page)

WOW, you really don't get what it means to be an American who is willing to take a stand for what is right, do you. That doesn't make you a criminal just someone who would have been willing to stand for the principles that founded this country.

And you attempts at demeaning and talking down are revealing to how superior you really think you are.

After that post I better understand how England and other European countries have lost their freedom and their guns.

I am not going to get drawn into you little game and just let my previous comments stand, because I know other people understand what I mean.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...snip...

WOW, you really don't get what it means to be an American who is willing to take a stand for what is right, do you. That doesn't make you a criminal just someone who would have been willing to stand for the principles that founded this country.

And you attempts at demeaning and talking down are revealing to how superior you really think you are.

After that post I better understand how England and other European countries have lost their freedom and their guns.

I am not going to get drawn into you little game and just let my previous comments stand, because I know other people understand what I mean.

I guess you just don't get the simple logical point I am trying to make, and the only response you are capable of is apparently juvenile insults.

Oh well.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]
if I was only facing thugs with either the same or less, I'd feel confident with my K98 and a bandolier of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
...snip...

I guess you just don't get the simple logical point I am trying to make, and the only response you are capable of is apparently juvenile insults.

Oh well.  

I get it, you think that people who resist laws that are un-Consitutional, and are willing to draw a line in the sand and fight a government gone bad are bad people.

And you have also tried a common liberal tactic of infering that such a person has probally broken other exsisting laws and therefore have a criminal nature.

Not a bad attempt , just didn't work on me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...snip...

bla bla bla bla

*insert internet macho bravado here*

if you dont already disobey current gun laws(NFA, import ban) then YOU,yes YOU, are a sheep as per your own definition.

"oh, but i couldnt own this and that back then cause i couldnt afford to(but you do now, but you still dont, why?), but i would NEVER let myself be a victim of further constitutional rights erosion, because i'm a real american hardass bla bla bla"

Whatever, poser.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
...snip...

Whatever, poser.

I just got called a poser by a guy from a country that has already lost most of their gun rights and many other freedoms...

Now that is just plan funny

By you logic you should have even more toys than I.

And yes I can't afford a lot of toys because we homeschool our kids and I am just an average middle class America who doesn't have a large income.

So I plan on keeping what I have and I will dream of what it would be like to own machine guns, and could afford the bullets it would eat.

So if you and your buddy, DK, think that makes me a person to be feared and is a threat to your ideal socialist society (like you have), so be it. Guilt as charged.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...snip...

Whatever, poser.

I just got called a poser by a guy from a country that has already lost most of their gun rights and many other freedoms...

Now that is just plan funny

By you logic you should have even more toys than I.

And yes I can't afford a lot of toys because we homeschool our kids and I am just an average middle class America who doesn't have a large income.

So I plan on keeping what I have and I will dream of what it would be like to own machine guns, and could afford the bullets it would eat.

So if you and your buddy, DK, think that makes me a person to be feared and is a threat to your ideal socialist society (like you have), so be it. Guilt as charged.

Um... spend some time looking around Here, and take note of some of the toys he can get that we can't.  I'm not saying that Canada is a gun owner's paradise, but they do have at least a few things better than we do.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Would a Garand or M1A qualify?  Because I'd go confidently into pretty much ANY situation with either of those.  

Otherwise, I think a Winnie 94 is a pretty useful KISS weapon.

+1.  A Garand would be the default choice.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#34]
garand or sks
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#35]
the garand and sks are good choices, but ideally, if the S really does htf, a good scoped bolt action will allow you to upgrade to whatever your attackers are carrying, and in such a situation, will laws against having an aR15 really matter any more?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#36]
SKS end of story
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Garand, .308 Enfield, K31, M44, M1 Carbine
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I don't want to hi jack your thread but are you assuming that many of us let them take our weapons with out a fight ...

It will just be a few loners that make the 6 o'clock news for committing suicide by cop. The reporters will mention that a meth lab and white supremacy literature was found next to an arsenal of assault rifles and bomb making materials.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#39]
SKS.  It worked for the Russians.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#40]
I really wish I would have grabbed a few SKS's when they were around $120 or so.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Does anyone have any suggestions on the cheapest ..30-30 ammo on the net?

*click here*
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Going by whats in my safe now ill go Garand and m1 carbine. If no semis, marlin 30-30. If the UN invades and commits their Buffalo Cavalry the ill break out the Guide Gun in 45-70
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#43]
 If the ban is based on the Aussie model,then I think I'm ready...

1.Longbranch LE
2.Mosin-Nagant
3. Mauser
4. 30.30 lever gun(2)
5. 3 shotguns

Does any body know if the Aussie ban included handguns?...I can't remember!!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Going by whats in my safe now ill go Garand and m1 carbine. If no semis, marlin 30-30. If the UN invades and commits their Buffalo Cavalry the ill break out the Guide Gun in 45-70

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
CZ 550FS in 6.5 Swede

We have a winner!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#46]
What kind of gun ban?

Like the CA gun ban but no off list stuff?

Garand all the way.  You can get scout rails to mount aimpoints etc.

I'd also love to see a Johnston 41 clone made today in 5.56mm loaded with 5.56mm stripper clips.  Quick loading and can top off the magazine while there is a round chambered.

If it is a total semi-auto ban, a 308 scout rifle would do just fine, preferably stripper clip fed, or simply use detachable magazines for a manually cycled weapon.

Non-semi pistol?  Plenty of wheel guns out there, some even with 8 round cylinders.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#47]
How did you get away with using the term "Fudd"?
When I used it in a serious hunting question, I took a boatload of shit over saying "FUDD"!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
How did you get away with using the term "Fudd"?
When I used it in a serious hunting question, I took a boatload of shit over saying "FUDD"!

Fudd does not equal hunting.  All hunters are not fudds.  This is why you fail.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#49]
FUDD is all about the single mindset of hunting and only hunting and the constant blabbering of 'Why do you need a gun like that?  Why do you need a 50 BMG?  You shouldn't hunt with Semi-Autos'

fucking garbage like that is the common montra of a FUDD.  I like to hunt, I like to shoot, I own hunting firearms and they sit in the safe right next to the AR and my other cool black guns.  Doesn't mean I'm a FUDD.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What happens if the SHTF after another "assault weapons ban" and you're pretty much limited to Fudd or post-ban weapons? What firearms and weapons would you use for SHTF?

Conditions:

*No "assault weapons" and Class 3 and Title 2s
*Assume no grandfather clause
*No high-cap (>10 rd) mags

I think this fits the bill

add a nice scout rifle in .308 and we gtg.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top