Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
all kali arfomcommers accounted for?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't put anything past LAPD or CALI LEO's. They were the ones down in NOLA CAUGHT ON TAPE stealing firearms from people.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Back in 2001, I had a .22 confiscated by the san jose PD as well as a freinds .22 who was with me at the time.  We didn't commit any crimes.  

They took our 2 guns.  I waited 8 weeks before I could get it back, and when I finally did get it back, it was beat to shit.  My buddy never got his back due to an ongoing investigation or some shit(they lost it).
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]
California has made it clear we're not welcome there.  Why people stay is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Back in 2001, I had a .22 confiscated by the san jose PD as well as a freinds .22 who was with me at the time.  We didn't commit any crimes.  

They took our 2 guns.  I waited 8 weeks before I could get it back, and when I finally did get it back, it was beat to shit.  My buddy never got his back due to an ongoing investigation or some shit(they lost it).

Try 12 years (yes, TWELVE years) before they returned my shotgun.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
and the NRA did nothing....doesn't surprise me.

Me either.

tag.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Read it. Still dont know if he was in fact a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms or not.

In one part it seems as though he is saying yes, he was convicted of teo felonies i the past, but he was "framed."

In other parts he implies he has never been convicted of a felony.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Read it. Still dont know if he was in fact a convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms or not.

In one part it seems as though he is saying yes, he was convicted of teo felonies i the past, but he was "framed."

In other parts he implies he has never been convicted of a felony.

Shhhh, you are ruining a tinfoil moment.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He is charged with PC 12021, being a felon in posession of a firearm. I read through his diatribe and have not found any denial of his being convicted of a felony.

At one point in his manifesto it appears that he admitts to being convicted of two felonies, but that those convictins were based on some criminal conspiracy?

Later it appears he is saying the guy who was convicted of the two felonies was not him and it's a mistaken identity case...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Tagged until more hard facts come to light.

If he is in fact a convicted felon, there is nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]
But did his dog escape?  That's all I want to know.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Based on his posts, the case is going to trial.  Why would it go to trial, if the police cannot find any record of his (supposed) prior felony arrests?

I hate to be the asshole, but I imagine some things MIGHT be left out of the account that he is presenting in his own words.  

Or did I misunderstand WHAT it is that's going to trial?  

You're not being an asshole.  My BS Detector was twitching like mad while reading that thread.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#14]
If he is 'dirty' (a felon) the NRA is not going to get involved.  
A restriction on possession of firearms by felons is well established law and has been held to not violate the 2nd.  
Challenging that case law is not in the NRAs (or most peoples) interest.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#15]
He also mentioned not knowing about having to register some of his 'assault weapons' on one of the threads.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
There has got to be more to this story.  

+1

Any attorney worth his salt would have this resolved with the DA in a matter of hours.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#17]
tagged
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't beleive too much of what this guy is saying.  I work in So Cal LE and have several friends in LAPD.  Despite what you hear on TV, they are still one of the most respected, professional organizations out there.

In reference to a post above, I doubt the LAPD cops were the ones stealing guns in NOLA after the hurricane.  It seems New Orleans, with it's history and continuing problem with corruption (looting the Wal Mart - then coverup ), does not need any help with stealing it's citizens' stuff.

This guy's description of what happened stinks.  I would love to see his case file.  Granted, he needs to get a private atty.  A public defender is not going to help him.

The simple fact that this guy thinks he's being RETALIATED against for filing a complaint.  Think about how many complaints are filed against an 8000+ member organization on a daily basis.  If LAPD is going to begin an illegal campaign against those who file complaints, they have a lot more work to do.

People file complaints all the time.  Cops are not going to risk reputation, prison, home, and not sending kids to college so they can grab guns of innocent poeple.  Seriously, think about it.

Granted, LAPD has had its ptoblem with corruption.  Most of it occurred then Cheif Williams hired anyone and everyone, despite backgrounds.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I don't beleive too much of what this guy is saying.  I work in So Cal LE and have several friends in LAPD.  Despite what you hear on TV, they are still one of the most respected, professional organizations out there.

In reference to a post above, I doubt the LAPD cops were the ones stealing guns in NOLA after the hurricane.  It seems New Orleans, with it's history and continuing problem with corruption (looting the Wal Mart - then coverup ), does not need any help with stealing it's citizens' stuff.

This guy's description of what happened stinks.  I would love to see his case file.  Granted, he needs to get a private atty.  A public defender is not going to help him.

TV doesn't lie, you must be mistaken.

Proven with pictures of them in uniform with reporters!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it was a CHP officer, not a LAPD officer, who body-checked the old lady in the kitchen, took away here revolver, and handcuffed her.  It was not a shining moment for American law enforcement.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#21]
California Highway Patrol....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I agree with that.  But generally, the cpos can only come into your house with:

1. Consent,
2. Warrant,
3. Exigent Circumstances,
4. Pursuant to probation or parole with search and seizure conditions

All NOLA arguments aside.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe it was a CHP officer, not a LAPD officer, who body-checked the old lady in the kitchen, took away here revolver, and handcuffed her.  It was not a shining moment for American law enforcement.  

It was CHP. They are being sued by Patricia Konie ( the old lady) Along with the states of LA and CA.
Even Arnold is personally being sent a copy of the footage, along with Gov Blanco. Should be a good case. Doing that kind of JBT action on camera = Profoundly stupid.

I hope she gets Billions in Settlement.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
There has got to be more to this story.  

+1
James
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#26]
My fault I thought they were LAPD. I SORRY
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top