Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#1]
If any of you remember that link in June to that blog entry detailing all the lies of Fahrenheit 9/11, I was the one who wrote it. I never thought I'd be called a troll for asking this question, but I read this board every day and still will. Thanks to the people who actually commented.

First of all, I'd rather not post his blog because I fear you guys would swamp it with angry messages. I don't think that's necessary for him to see.

Second, I don't own any ARs because I live in CA and I'm only 20 so I never got the chance. I am, however, saving up for a CMP Garand.

Third, I go to Berkeley (best place I could afford), so my vote for Bush is largely just a f*ck-you to the rest of the Communist students, since the city of Berkeley has the lowest percentage of Republican voters in the country (about 6% -- I figure most of those are students).

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.

ETA: If you think my friend in the Army's a traitor for doubting Bush, you wouldn't believe some of the crap I see on campus every day. Check out www.zombietime.com/ for some graphic evidence.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
troll[/quote

2nd person account       troll  [25 posts in 2 1/2 years]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you think my friend in the Army's a traitor for doubting Bush, ...

Noone here would call your friend serving in Iraq a traitor.  Don't go there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]

First of all, I'd rather not post his blog because I fear you guys would swamp it with angry messages. I don't think that's necessary for him to see.

Hey, your call, but thanks for thinking so much of us.  At this point we just have to take your word for things.  I'd be curious what your blogger friend does in Iraq but the fact remains, he volunteered so "our war" is "his war".  I think people have unreasonable expectations on how fast things will happen and change.  The schools over there (the ME) are still pumping out hateful little Muslims so it may take some time to get that changed and get women accepted as more than chattel.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't want our opinions, don't ask. Kerry fucked over 2.6 million Vietnam Veterans and he'll do the same the the Iraq Veterans, given the chance. Vote for Bush out of respect for your friend's service, even if he is confused. Your friend doesn't want to spend the rest of his life being called a "baby killer", he just doesn't know that yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No disrespect to you, but fuck your friend. I'm here in Iraq too and Kerry's got nothing to work with but Jaques Chirac's cock in his mouth.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No disrespect to you, but fuck your friend. I'm here in Iraq too and Kerry's got nothing to work with but Jaques Chirac's cock in his mouth.

This has puzzled me a little bit. I don't know how life is for a soldier in Iraq, but how do you post on here?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This has puzzled me a little bit. I don't know how life is for a soldier in Iraq, but how do you post on here?

Becuase unlike what the media is reporting, most of Iraq has come A LONG way in the past year and a half and internet cafes are all over the place.  There are also govt. run internet cafes on the major bases - which is actually probably a better explanation.  It wouldn't surprise me if Joe couldn't get satellite internet access in his own hooch in some places.  Aint freedom grand?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
fast351.com/ar15/troll_anim.gif

Troll + ? (what number are we up to?)
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Put the crack pipe down............
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Post Number :: 25

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I wanna see a pic of a troop with a Kerry/Edwards sticker on his gear:  

Look, almost all of our deployed troops support President Bush.  If you think that perhaps your friend may be right, I think you've been at Berkeley too long already...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#14]
alertalert
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell your friend to vote Kerry.  He will get our troops out of Iraq, tail tucked, letting the world know America has no will to fight.  Our allies will abandon Iraq, too, as they should.  All those innocents in Iraq will be put through a worse hell than Saddam, if that is possible, when Islamists rule Iraq as they do Fallujah.

I remember what happened when Clinton tucked tail and ran from Somalia.  I turned to my wife and said, "we're going to pay for that," and we have.  Two embassies, a barracks, a destroyer, and 911 were all victim to Islamic jihadis, who knew Americans don't have the will for a sustained fight.  

Say hello to 911 parts 2, 3, 4 .....

For some reason, I think this topic was not posted honestly, and I don't believe one of our servicemen made the remarks attributed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
 Tell him this.    No genocide?  tell that to the kurds,  no wmd's what about Halabja,? Before we got to Iraq it was a prison  now most of it is free, no not the places we have been fighting in recently, thats because it is where all the prison guards that tortured Iraq came from. most of Iraq is free, it is free becuase good men cowboyed up and made it so. not all those good men lived through it either, not all those good men where  even americans.  your gonna kick my ass if I cant sell you on this war? you sighned the papers same as me same as everyone else, how many of your buds belive in the president? if it's anything like the outfit I went to Iraq with Ill bet you about 70/80% are totally with the president, you gonna kick their asses also? I know it sucks but it is what it is. so sit the fuck down change your socks and your Tshirt and do what you squad leader tells you to do.
rant off
p.s. thanks for doin your part over their
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey All_Beef_Patty... what kind of AR was it you said you own???

I suspect AR may stand for Airsoft Rifle in this case

Andy
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Lets do the math.............All_Beef_Patty + 25 posts + CA + BS =  

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So my best friend is deployed with the Army in Iraq right now. He's definitely not a liberal or a coward in any way, but he's disillusioned with the war and we've been getting into arguments about it. Here's an excerpt from his blog to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

"victory in samarra. at a high price.

"a lot of bush supporters have told me that even if kerry wins, it wouldnt get me out of here. well god damnit, im not a fucking dumbass. i know that, but something tells me kerry can handle the situations here much better than bush and he wont be sending me off to fight another questionable war. plus i'm confident he will get me out sooner than bush. people are dying. what the fuck is wrong with you people? as you sit humbly in your homes and rant on about how bush saved you 5 bucks, innocent iraqis are dying and so are american troops... for what? prove to me why this war is worth sacrificing good men and ill shut the hell up and if you can't, i'm seriously going to kick your ass. i'm not fucking around here people. i will literally fuck you up. and if i'm wrong, well, i'm still gonna kick your ass for being a smart ass with me but that ain't gonna happen.

"don't get me wrong here people. i ain't no coward thats afraid of dying in the battlefield. i've volunteered for every mission i went plus was the first from my unit to go on a mission. when the war began, i was pumped up to go to get rid of those WMDs but now, we're here trying to reconciliate for our mistakes. i see no nukes, chem weapons, bio weapons, or genocides."

I'm voting for Bush no matter what, and he knows it. Still, though, I feel like maybe he's right that I'm just sitting here humbly in my home, and maybe if I were in Iraq with him I'd change my mind too.

What do you guys think?

We think your friend should quit his bitchin'...he volunteered, remember???
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I wasn't going to point out the Kalifornia thing because I know we have a few good peeps there, and I didn't want to sterotype them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
All_Beef_Patty
Post Number :: 25

CA, USA

25 post and he is asking "what do you guys think" like he is going to follow our advise.  

F.U All_Beef_Patty

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I wanna see a pic of a troop with a Kerry/Edwards sticker on his gear:  img11.exs.cx/img11/3015/USMC_Bush_Supporter.jpg

Look, almost all of our deployed troops support President Bush.  If you think that perhaps your friend may be right, I think you've been at Berkeley too long already...

Thanks for sharing that pic. Awesome.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
unlike what the media is reporting, most of Iraq has come A LONG way in the past year and a half and internet cafes are all over the place.  There are also govt. run internet cafes on the major bases - which is actually probably a better explanation.  It wouldn't surprise me if Joe couldn't get satellite internet access in his own hooch in some places.  Aint freedom grand?

But, but, but....CNN says the entire country is burning and bombs are going off every day on every corner and it's all Bush's fault....how can this be true....?  Could booting Sadaam's punk ass out of power have actually [gasp] improved life in Iraq?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Hows things at DU??????????
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#27]

So my boyfriend is deployed with the Army in Iraq right now.

It's difficult to be in a long-distance relationship and many of us have been there.  Heck, I was separated for a while from my girlfriend.  

Don't worry:  I'm sure when he gets back he'll give you the best reach-around you've ever had.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
So my best friend is deployed with the Army in Iraq right now.

What do you guys think?

I think you need new friends.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
So my best friend is deployed with the Army in Iraq right now.

What do you guys think?

I think you are flat out lying about having a friend deployed in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So my best friend is deployed with the Army in Iraq right now. He's definitely not a liberal or a coward in any way, but he's disillusioned with the war and we've been getting into arguments about it. Here's an excerpt from his blog to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

"victory in samarra. at a high price.

"a lot of bush supporters have told me that even if kerry wins, it wouldnt get me out of here. well god damnit, im not a fucking dumbass. i know that, but something tells me kerry can handle the situations here much better than bush and he wont be sending me off to fight another questionable war. plus i'm confident he will get me out sooner than bush. people are dying. what the fuck is wrong with you people? as you sit humbly in your homes and rant on about how bush saved you 5 bucks, innocent iraqis are dying and so are american troops... for what? prove to me why this war is worth sacrificing good men and ill shut the hell up and if you can't, i'm seriously going to kick your ass. i'm not fucking around here people. i will literally fuck you up. and if i'm wrong, well, i'm still gonna kick your ass for being a smart ass with me but that ain't gonna happen.

"don't get me wrong here people. i ain't no coward thats afraid of dying in the battlefield. i've volunteered for every mission i went plus was the first from my unit to go on a mission. when the war began, i was pumped up to go to get rid of those WMDs but now, we're here trying to reconciliate for our mistakes. i see no nukes, chem weapons, bio weapons, or genocides."

I'm voting for Bush no matter what, and he knows it. Still, though, I feel like maybe he's right that I'm just sitting here humbly in my home, and maybe if I were in Iraq with him I'd change my mind too.

What do you guys think?

1) The genocide is documented, as are the mass graves, but that is not why we went in...

2) WMDs aren't the real reasxn for going in...

3) The reason we are there is to install democracy and begin the proccess of 'fixing' the middle east

4) Kerry says 'he has a plan', but every plan he puts forward is shot down by the folks he wants to participate in it...

5) Kerry says 'he'll train the Iraqi Army faster'? Well, I don't know about you, but if we're going to train an army, shouldn't we take all the the time needed to do it right, rather than put some undisciplined yahoos out there with guns & say 'Fight'?

P.S. I sincerely doubt that the folks in the military believed it was all about WMDs, and were all gung-ho to go help out the UN
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top