Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]

The French using nukes...

Yeah, right! I bet they don't even know how to spell it.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

enemy we share, radical fundimental islam.

Please accept my apologises, because I’m French, speaking French and trying to speak English. Sometimes I simply don’t understand exactly what you, guys, mean.
And I try to defend my Country. Not very smart sometimes, but it's mine and I love it.
Like I love America. That's why I'm so upset when I read some posts telling that we are enemy.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hello Beer Slayer!

With moderators like you we don’t need trolls!

More seriously, happy to see you again in a democratic debate!

Hello Andy, hello Dewoitine!  

How can you always be here before me?

Hello
Being a student = lot of free time

And for colklink and other using "The Complete Military History of France" it's sad to see that you are not even able to see that it's at best a simple joke full of BS... and not an history lesson...

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please accept my apologises, because I’m French, speaking French and trying to speak English. Sometimes I simply don’t understand exactly what you, guys, mean.
And I try de defend my country. Not very smart sometimes, but it's mine and I love it.
Like I love America. That's why I'm so upset when I read some posts telling that we are enemy.

Hey John, France helped us to become independent from the British. We owed the French. In WW1 and WW2, we bailed you guys out. So we are even.

But, when you talk to your countrymen, just tell them to not be so pompous towards us, and listen to what we have to say, instead of taking the, "You are only 200 years old, so what do you know?", attitude. And our two countries would get along better. I am sure there are a LOT of Americans that would love to visit France, trade with you guys all day long, and even want to have a lot of respect for you. France does have a lot to offer. But there is a lot of French that piss us off, because of your countries attitude towards us and the fact that your politicians are spineless pussies.

Tell your countrrymen to not be so judgemental towards the people in the US and our relations would go a lot better. We could care less what's the lastest fashion, or if it's "cool" to eat snails. Just don't look down on us because we are different and live differently.

That is what will help relations.

And you have to tell your countrymen to stand up and be men, instead of being immortalized like that poor guy crying while watching the Nazis take over Paris. France was once a power house, but it's lost some respect.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

But, when you talk to your countrymen, just tell them to not be so pompous towards us, and listen to what we have to say, instead of taking the, "You are only 200 years old, so what do you know?", attitude. And our two countries would get along better. I am sure there are a LOT of Americans that would love to visit France, trade with you guys all day long, and even want to have a lot of respect for you. France does have a lot to offer. But there is a lot of French that piss us off, because of your countries attitude towards us and the fact that your politicians are spineless pussies.

Tell your countrrymen to not be so judgemental towards the people in the US and our relations would go a lot better. We could care less what's the lastest fashion, or if it's "cool" to eat snails. Just don't look down on us because we are different and live differently.

That is what will help relations.

And you have to tell your countrymen to stand up and be men, instead of being immortalized like that poor guy crying while watching the Nazis take over Paris. France was once a power house, but it's lost some respect.

I agree with you, from A to Z.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I just want to add a link (the corrected version of the The Complete Military History of France )

www.spacecityrock.com/2003_02_16_break-archive.html

You may now understand why we are still speaking french and teh biggest country in Europe.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

damn. it looks like france just sprouted it's first pube.

I gotta give Chirac his props!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
They dont need nukes, all they have to do is have all the women line up , raise their arms and the rancid stench from their hairy pits would kill anything within a 10,000 mi. radius
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They dont need nukes, all they have to do is have all the women line up , raise their arms and the rancid stench from their hairy pits would kill anything within a 10,000 mi. radius

I’ve probably hit more French chicks than the entire AR community and never seen one single girl with hairy pits.  It must be the “export sale only” model!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I’ve probably hit more French chicks than the entire AR community and never seen one single girl with hairy pits.  It must be the “export sale only” model!

Well, with the appropriate use of "hit," I don't want to hear you claiming your English is not good enough to get your point across.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I try to defend my Country. Not very smart sometimes, but it's mine and I love it.

I have respect for JohnParis for hanging here. It has to be tough for him.  It doesn't change the fact that France is about  as anti-American and Jew-hating as it can get , but I respect John for standing up.

John, don't feel like all Americans hate you folks. Senator John Kerry (D-MA)is awfully fond of you. And even though me and a bunch of neighbors got together and dumped a bunch of French wine down the storm drain,  we drank a lot of it first.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not the enemy, and we know that.

Alot of Americans feel betrayed by France though. Alot of Americans feel that the French GOVERNMENT stabbed us in the back in front of the whole world on the issue of Iraq.

Personally, I would like for nothing more than to see the rifts between the US and France repaired but it is going to take a shift in the mentality at the top in France. I hold out hope for the French.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You may now understand why we are still speaking french and teh biggest country in Europe.

But still not as big as Texas!

France = 260,558 sq. mi.

Texas = 268,820 sq. mi.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
My  countrymen* did blow up greenpeace I will give them  that but greenpeace was also unarmed

*yes i am of French decent
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
France has some of the best gun laws in the free world...

ANdy

How do they compare to Arizona's (which are admittedly better than Texas' in many respects)?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#17]
France has never won a war, without the help of someone else, mainly the USA, France is full of PAB's
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:07:33 AM EDT
[#18]
And that's a damn good idea Andy............if they hit one of your cities, destroy all of theirs, thus no further attacks

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually, the Phrench almost certainly would 'go nuclear' long before either the US or UK felt the need to cross that threshold. Phrance has now gotten an 'attitude' after it's defeat in 1940 and does not intend to ever let that happen again.

Their Nuclear Arsenal is very large, far larger than Britains, and their policy of use does not rule out 'First Use'....in fact Phrench Policy is that Nuclear weapons should not be used as a incremental threat. If Phrances vital interests were threatened and they went nuclear their policy is overwhelming force, not 'escalation'.

There's no such thing as "nuclear escalation" between two nuclear powers. Once the first nuke flies, all the rest will be in the air shortly afterwards in a "use it or lose it" shooting frenzy, and nuclear missiles don't have self-destructs built in. Once you launch one, it WILL do it's "bucket of instant sunshine" trick over someone's front yard.

I'd bet good money that if 9/11 had happened in Paris, Afghanistan would have lots of glowing glass holes now.

ANdy

I'm inclined to agree.

I meant that the French policy on an attack on France with WMD is not to use a 'proportionate response'... if you are a 'Rogue State' and you hit one French city with your one and only bomb or missile with a Chemical Warhead, the French policy is they do not respond by taking out one of yours, they will blow your country away.

ANdy

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

France = 260,558 sq. mi.

Texas = 268,820 sq. mi.

Mine is bigger than yours, Alaska = 656,425 sq. mi.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

France = 260,558 sq. mi.
Texas = 268,820 sq. mi.

Mine is bigger than yours, Alaska = 656,425 sq. mi.

I think his point was that even the *second*-biggest state in the Union was bigger than their country.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

How do they compare to Arizona's (which are admittedly better than Texas' in many respects)?

Our laws are good like this: ...small country, short barrel!

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have respect for JohnParis for hanging here. It has to be tough for him.  It doesn't change the fact that France is about  as anti-American and Jew-hating as it can get , but I respect John for standing up.

John, don't feel like all Americans hate you folks. Senator John Kerry (D-MA)is awfully fond of you. And even though me and a bunch of neighbors got together and dumped a bunch of French wine down the storm drain,  we drank a lot of it first.

Yes I will give him much respect for that.Dosnt change the fact that his country sold advanced anti-tank weapons to Sadam in the years leading up to the invasion thus making his country an enemy of the US,but I am sure he is a good and decent man.I would expect a person who is a patriot of there country to stand up for it and John has done that.

OBTW,I aint just pulling the fact that france sold antitank weapons to Iraq out of my ass,I read a 4 part article in the washington times written by Bill Gertz who has covered the pentagon for years.The articles were excerps from a book he had coming out.Here is his contact info,published every friday in the washington times Inside the Ring covering the pentagon

(202)636-3274
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#24]
It is sad how many trolls have used this thread.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have respect for JohnParis for hanging here.

Yes I will give him much respect for that.

I have the same respect for you Sirs, and I understand your point of view, though I don’t share it.
Regarding the ATW, I think that we have not sold them directly to Iraq but to another country, which sold them after. Anyway, we have sold a lot of weapons during the Iran / Iraq war. But not after, according to our government. But sadly, some private companies, just for the money, could have done it.
I will be very sad if I knew for sure that one French-made weapon had killed one single American soldier, and I could easily understand your anger...I will feel the same feeling against our political leaders.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Our laws are good like this: ...small country, short barrel!

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/JohnParis/8ac34113.jpg

And the ability to get a permit for one with a 'fun (full auto) switch'!

Andy

Sorry Andy, urban legend...no FA here...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm one one them. Sorry for that. Back to the Nuke!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have respect for JohnParis for hanging here.

Yes I will give him much respect for that.

I have the same respect for you Sirs, and I understand your point of view, though I don’t share it.
Regarding the ATW, I think that we have not sold them directly to Iraq but to another country, which sold them after. Anyway, we have sold a lot of weapons during the Iran / Iraq war. But not after, according to our government. But sadly, some private companies, just for the money, could have done it.
I will be very sad if I knew for sure that one French-made weapon had killed one single American soldier, and I could easily understand your anger...I will feel the same feeling against our political leaders.

From what I have read,it wasnt through another country,but a private company with the blessing of the highest levels of the french goverment.One was used to destroy an abrams tank at the begining of the invasion.From what Bill has written,they were called on it and that may be why they are being more helpful in Iran.I do apologize to you JohninParis,its not personal.After reading on your goverments sale of weapons to my countries enemies,and reading of the desecration of the graves of the brave Americans that fell liberating your collectivly ungratefull/backstabbing country just pisses me off.Of course things could be different if you ran for president of your country
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so, I have read throught the thread.  You aren't trolling, you are trying to argue for your country.  The guys that just come in with the "FUCK FRANCE!  Liberal Pussies!" attitude, are the real trolls.  

The French governernment dosen't make all the right decisions.  I think the French get a bad rap sometimes.  Most of the animosity here seems to stem from France's opposition to war in Iraq, and the handling of the riots in Paris last year.  When I step back and look at France's gun laws, their hunting traditions, their disposal of the Greenpeace boat , and their help in Afganistan, I tend to look at them in a better light.  After all, it shouldn't be personal, it is international politics.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

'Collectors Permit' gone now?

ANdy

Never heard about it...and I have used guns for 20 years now!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#33]
What???  You can't hug people with nuclear arms!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#34]
I wonder if he's afraid the IRANIANS could use radiological terrorism....without a full yield nuke. You know, make Paris uninhabitable for about 500 years.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

From what I have read,it wasnt through another country,but a private company with the blessing (corruption? may be) of the highest levels of the french goverment.One was used to destroy an abrams tank at the begining of the invasion.From what Bill has written,they were called on it and that may be why they are being more helpful in Iran.I do apologize to you JohninParis,its not personal.You don’t need to apologise, really.After reading on your goverments sale of weapons to my countries enemies,and reading of the desecration of the graves of the brave AmericansThe moment I spent in the Colleville cemetery was one of the most meaningful in my life. that fell liberating your collectivly ungratefull/backstabbing country just pisses me off.Of course things could be different if you ran for president of your country I can’t, I’m too conservative...

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder if he's afraid the IRANIANS could use radiological terrorism....without a full yield nuke. You know, make Paris uninhabitable for about 500 years.

Why would Iran single out France? Iran and France have quite good relations since the French gave sanctuary to Ayatollah Khomeini before the Iranian revolution.

ANdy

One big, big mistake...I hope the Russians will stop selling nuclear stuff to Iran. I’m not a strong believer in the ROP...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so, I have read throught the thread.  You aren't trolling, you are trying to argue for your country.  The guys that just come in with the "FUCK FRANCE!  Liberal Pussies!" attitude, are the real trolls.  

The French governernment dosen't make all the right decisions.  I think the French get a bad rap sometimes.  Most of the animosity here seems to stem from France's opposition to war in Iraq, and the handling of the riots in Paris last year.  When I step back and look at France's gun laws, their hunting traditions, their disposal of the Greenpeace boat , and their help in Afganistan, I tend to look at them in a better light.  After all, it shouldn't be personal, it is international politics.

What I always fall back on is this:

"There are no such things as friends in international relations.  Only interests."

I may "like" or "not like" what one country or another does, but I [usually] know why they do it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
What???  You can't hug people with nuclear arms!

But you could crush them with bionic arms!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top