Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah he danced around everything but the issue at hand. I'm done with them too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested in these supposed millions spent on supporting gun rights.

Now they seem to be claiming the money donated to democrats was to promote a stronger business environment....
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t think the back peddling is going to work for this one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck that guy. Comments disabled because he didn't want to get smoked.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's the weakest statement I've ever heard

Good neighbor/community member my ass.  You got caught and now you're crawfishing worse than one about to go in the boil.

I hope he chokes on the next gun he cuts up.
View Quote
Edited ramble.

Should have came out and said "Fully support the 2A.  I'll get this shit fixed."
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Notice his emphasis on saying they are “good citizens”. Know exactly what that means. He thinks we are stupid.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I cant watch video

what did he say
View Quote
Basically we are good neighbors, we helped out the local PD with their gun cutting issues.

We like guns, always liked guns-don't punish us. Really please don't punish us. We're cutting edge

What wasn't said:
We don't have any specifics how we can avoid making the same mistake again or how we can regain your trust.

We don't have a anything to present to you how this won't happen again.

We don't have anything to tell you why we donate to gun grabber Dems. (at least in the video, comments address that)

Basically not addressing any specifics why people are mad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Their Facebook page hasn't disabled comments.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In the video description,

The last 48 hours have been busy fielding calls from our customers and speaking with media. We appreciate all those who have reached out to us seeking further information or in support of the Benchmade team. It was important for owner Les de Asis to address our community directly, and to deliver the Benchmade stance first hand.
When asked specifically, Les stated, "Our recent political contributions have been in favor of state-level legislation supporting a strong manufacturing and business environment here in Oregon while protecting knife owners across the United States in the form of the Interstate Transport Act." The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, to learn more, see comments.

Thank you to our loyal customers for your continued support. We hope this brings clarity to the situation, and we look forward to serving you.

The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, allowing legal interstate travel with knives, provided the knives are transported to and from states where the law allows possession of said knives, and they are transported in locked containers. This is an act we've been trying to see into law over the last five years. While it did not pass in 2018, we hope to see it through into law when it is reintroduced this year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Didn't say anything about donating money to anti gun democrats.

The last 48 hours have been busy fielding calls from our customers and speaking with media. We appreciate all those who have reached out to us seeking further information or in support of the Benchmade team. It was important for owner Les de Asis to address our community directly, and to deliver the Benchmade stance first hand.
When asked specifically, Les stated, "Our recent political contributions have been in favor of state-level legislation supporting a strong manufacturing and business environment here in Oregon while protecting knife owners across the United States in the form of the Interstate Transport Act." The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, to learn more, see comments.

Thank you to our loyal customers for your continued support. We hope this brings clarity to the situation, and we look forward to serving you.

The Interstate Transport Act would have created a federal protection for knife owners, allowing legal interstate travel with knives, provided the knives are transported to and from states where the law allows possession of said knives, and they are transported in locked containers. This is an act we've been trying to see into law over the last five years. While it did not pass in 2018, we hope to see it through into law when it is reintroduced this year.
Thanks man, I couldn’t grab the text from my phone.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I have exactly one Benchmade knife. I found it in a parking lot.
I wont have another and I have advised my kids as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Still no comment addressing gun grabber financial donations.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
That was a statement for investors, not customers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#13]
What’s up with his hand for the first minute of the video?

If he had a stroke or something, I get it and understand. But it seems like he’s just nervous and trying to coverup for being an anti-2A POS.

Then they realized it and told him to put his hands behind his back and show off his hard nipples instead and ramble through the rest of that half ass apology.

Again, if he had a medical problem, I understand. But if he’s just anxious about his dumbassery, well then I give no fucks.

TL;DR: They shit where they eat. They know it. They’re trying to wipe their own fecal matter from their plate.

Fuck them. Start a line in your factory that makes 80% lowers that say Fuck Every Democrat and sell them for $1. Then you MIGHT be forgiven.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#14]
That looked like the most painful and uncomfortable statement he had ever made, and he didn’t even say anything. Didn’t say anything about no longer voting to democrats. Couldn’t even put carry and guns in the same sentance after he said he supports the second amendment. What a piece of garbage.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#15]
That was just bad.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I really don't care about them helping the police cut up crime or buy back guns, that is meaningless and not really political.  Giving money to Democrats, especially out of state Democrats, is pretty damn bad though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Blah blah blah, bull shit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Try to state your stance to the public then disallow any form of rebuttal from said public.
Sounds like a Dem...
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:17:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's the condensed version

George Costanza: Was That Wrong?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm

No word about supporting gun grabbing political leaders.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That was a statement for investors, not customers.
View Quote
It is a privately held company. No stock.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Also tells galore when saying they support the 2nd. Nervous blinking etc.
View Quote
I noticed that too. If he'd blinked any faster he'd have blown the glasses off his face.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's the weakest statement I've ever heard
View Quote
Benchmade knives:

The firearms community:

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That was some weak ass shit. He would have been better not to even speak.
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dang that video was a chopped up edited piece of shit and they still put it out.  Didn't start the massive eye blinking until the 2A came up.
View Quote
Non stop blinking and hand fidgeting = 100% full of shit.

Fuck them.  We did not "besmirch their reputation."  We simply pointed out who they are.  If he feels that by doing so we harmed their reputation, then tough fucking luck.  We didn't make you a cockroach.  We just turned on the light...and are now watching you try to run and hide back under the fridge with the rest of the filth.

And try eating a salad every now and then Mr. Moobs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What's up with his hand for the first minute of the video?

If he had a stroke or something, I get it and understand. But it seems like he's just nervous and trying to coverup for being an anti-2A POS.

Then they realized it and told him to put his hands behind his back and show off his hard nipples instead and ramble through the rest of that half ass apology.

Again, if he had a medical problem, I understand. But if he's just anxious about his dumbassery, well then I give no fucks.
View Quote
Guessing not proficient at "public" speaking.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#28]
#Kershaw FTW
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Been carrying a Griptilian for years; just ordered a Spyderco Manix 2 about 30 minutes ago...
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Paraphrased - ‘fuck gun owners, I’ve got a profit goal to reach’
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm interested in these supposed millions spent on supporting gun rights.

Now they seem to be claiming the money donated to democrats was to promote a stronger business environment....
View Quote
Everyone knows Democrats are pro business. Duh.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Was waiting.  Now I'm done.  My kids , friends, and I have given them to much money.

Done after watching that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Byeeeeee Benchmade!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Never seeing a dime of my money. FUBM.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:22:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Plenty of private companies have investors.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry you hate Freedom. Now get back to the gulag comrade.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Listen carefully starting at 1:00.  Listen literally.

"Were in the same, same situation we wanna make sure we're free to carry and own and operate and use those things that make those things that make our lives better, more enjoyable and secure."

Notice how he was very careful to avoid saying anything about firearms in that statement.

He may as well been talking about basketballs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Pathetic..
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#39]
News flash for Benchmade. Helping to get guns banned doesn't mean former gun owners are all going to buy and carry a bunch of knives instead. It just means you're on the shit list.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that they reach out to with YouTube videos...
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm not going to throw my benchmade's away but I am not going to buy another one either.
View Quote
This. It would be foolish to throw away knives you've already purchased. That said I'll not buy another one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That was lame.

He just made it worse.
View Quote
They always make it worse because they are sociopaths that don't realize we can tell they're lying.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#43]
NEVER said the word gun, firearm, or donation even ONCE.

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Dicks/Fudd and Stream will probably carry the entire Benchmade line now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sometimes it's better to shut your fucking mouth and have people think you're an traitorous piece of shit ...
View Quote
No matter his words, his body language says it all
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Nike should send him a free pair of shoes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Les still sounds the same as he usually does. Like he's more than a little bit put out to admit the world doesn't snap to when he farts.

ETA

Les isn't anti gun. Les is Pro Les. Always, only, and forever.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#48]
it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a backstabbing liberal freedom hating POS than to speak and make sure that they know that you are a backstabbing liberal freedom hating POS

i would have told him to lick my asshole but comments were disabled
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Lame. Skirts the issue. Worst attempt at reputation rehab since Nixon's "I am not a crook."
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#50]
That was pretty heavily edited and I can imagine the worst parts were edited out.

It still sucked though, and although I like Benchmade knives a lot, I'm sure I can find quality knives elsewhere.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top