Quoted:

( secondary sources)
Explain
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not actual evidence, mostly just rationalizations.

( secondary sources)
Explain

If memory serves me, he says things like: Since there is no other book like the bible the bible must be true. Since there is historical writings (secondary sources) to support the existence of Jesus, he must have been a real person. If he was a real person and the bible is true then therefore the whole thing must be true.

The whole bit about him trying to disprove Jesus but then reversing course is just a marketing ploy, churches eat that up in the years before click bait titles.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This. It has been proven by historians that he existed. Many that hated him also spoke of the miracles he performed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except Jesus was a real,  historical man.   Documents outside of the Bible prove his existence.  

And He  actually was crucified.  

He actually rose from the dead.  

That is the difference between Him and the other false prophets and gods.

This. It has been proven by historians that he existed. Many that hated him also spoke of the miracles he performed.

I'm going to need some primary sources on that one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
View All Quotes

Quoted:
The background to this book is someone who set out to disprove the historical existence of Jesus, yet through his research, came to the exact opposite conclusion.

Cute concept, but it's written by an evangelist who specifically addresses this kind of crap. Your source is not credible!

Josh McDowell
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's a far cry from saying there is a historical Jesus to saying he was the Messiah
Josephus' comments about a historical Jesus were added later by those trying to bolster their case for Jesus being the Messiah

As for the other people who were woven into accounts of Biblical events, its no different than The Walking Dead being set in a place known to the modern viewing audience.
Just because the show depicts Atlanta swarming with dead walkers doesn't mean it actually happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Historians do not doubt the existence of a historical Jesus of Nazareth. Historians also do not consider the works of Josephus and Tacitus to be "not factual".

It's a far cry from saying there is a historical Jesus to saying he was the Messiah
Josephus' comments about a historical Jesus were added later by those trying to bolster their case for Jesus being the Messiah

As for the other people who were woven into accounts of Biblical events, its no different than The Walking Dead being set in a place known to the modern viewing audience.
Just because the show depicts Atlanta swarming with dead walkers doesn't mean it actually happened.

But you kind of jumped the guy that stated;

Except Jesus was a real, historical man. Documents outside of the Bible prove his existence.

Nothing about miracles or messiah
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Haven't heard any of those arguments before, most of them seem pretty obviously false to me but maybe others like to get into it.  However, it is a known fact that Christianity was heavily modified a couple hundred years later by the Romans to coincide better with Pagan rituals and make for an easier conversion of Europe.  Ie:  Christmas and Easter moved to the Solstices.
View Quote

The date of celebrating Christmas and Easter does not indicate the heavy modification of Christianity
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#6]
A case for Christ

There is a lot more to it but he was raised from the dead and that is what seals the deal.

take it from this man who used to be an atheist until he did his research.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
What is with this stuff lately? Gd is getting flooded with religious crap. I wonder if they think it's helping. It just makes me hate Christians more.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What is with this stuff lately? Gd is getting flooded with religious crap. I wonder if they think it's helping. It just makes me hate Christians more.
View Quote

Well aren't you special
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#9]
if you can believe in 1 god and religion, how can you not LOGICALLY believe in the other gods and religions?... and then how can you say who is right?

i gave my wife this example...

SUBJECT: xmas time, Elf on the shelf....

Q: how do we control the kids behavior?  

A: we make up a story about a magic elf that watches them and reports what he sees to santa and based on that, they may or may not get things they want for xmas..

Q:does that theme not sound familer to you?

A:like?

Q: invisible man in the sky watching you to make sure you are good and the only way to know is after you die.. seeing a pattern here?

then she mumbles something about church and morals...

Q: who is the "better" person... someone doing good to suck up to their god, or someone doing good because its the right thing to do?

A: mumble...mumble/.....mumble.....

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top