User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it is "in trust for" or TOD (transfer on death ) the process should be immediate upon providing a bona-fide death certificate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My father passed Dec 1, and even though his 401k lists me as the direct and only beneficiary, Fidelity has been dragging their feet for A MONTH AND A HALF and is still "going through the process" of switching it into my name.

If it is "in trust for" or TOD (transfer on death ) the process should be immediate upon providing a bona-fide death certificate.

It's a 401k it's has a beneficiary, nothing complicated
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Op
Bro, do you even trade plus 3, bro?

The good doctor's birthday isn't helping getting your money to you faster.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you take the money from cash/ money market or did you have to sell shares of stock?  It takes three days for settlement on shares of stock or mutual funds.  (Standard trading rules-not Fidelity)  That is why you leave some  $ in MM if you think you may need a little something faster than that.

Edit:  MarkNH was a faster typer than me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've got some bad news for you, OP. The CEO of Fidelity is a woman. Here is the spouse you will have to fuck until they scream for mercy:

http://www.iorahealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Chris-McK-10-21-14-Iora-Health-Portraits-9645-e1416868186816.jpg
View Quote

Probably won't take nearly as long to have him screaming for mercy  

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Their business is NOT giving you money. It's getting you to give them more.
View Quote

LOL, that's not the reason his money is held up.  OP may not be telling, but that's not the reason.

Getting money out of your broker is normally as easy as taking money out of your hometown bank unless something weird is going on with a particular transaction.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#7]
So tell us what insider information did you have that prompted this sale of stock?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#8]
So, the OP is angry because he doesn't know how stuff works?

GD finance at its finest.

Trust me if you feel like you need good service I can give you my guys at US Trust.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know. But they're not being too immediate about it, even with me calling two or three times a week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My father passed Dec 1, and even though his 401k lists me as the direct and only beneficiary, Fidelity has been dragging their feet for A MONTH AND A HALF and is still "going through the process" of switching it into my name.

I know. But they're not being too immediate about it, even with me calling two or three times a week.

Meryl lynch did me the same thing.  They just didn't want to give the money up.  With a designated beneficiary it should not take more than a week.

However, if you told them you were going to keep the accounts with them I bet the transfer will go real smoothly.  I was transferring mine to Raymond James and I finally had to get my guy to initiate the transfer of assets.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Op
Bro, do you even trade plus 3, bro?

The good doctor's birthday isn't helping getting your money to you faster.
View Quote

Um, sir, that's Reverend doctor.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
7/10

I like how you brought the sister into your situation
View Quote

I too noted that...but I'm going with 8.25/10...very nice OP...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Fidelity CEO:

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#13]

OP is better off banging the husband.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/faqs-move-money

Sold stock on Tuesday, four business days for settlement (weds, thurs, fri, mon, tues), one to two days for withdrawal (weds, thurs), therefore the money should be at your bank in two or three days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On Tuesday, Jan 13, I put in an order to sell some shares - I needed some cash to cover unexpected bills.

It is now Jan, 19, and I still don't have my cash.

https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/faqs-move-money

Deposits are generally available for withdrawal or to purchase securities online within 4 business days.

Withdrawals are completed within one to two business days, but posting and availability may be longer, depending on your bank.

Sold stock on Tuesday, four business days for settlement (weds, thurs, fri, mon, tues), one to two days for withdrawal (weds, thurs), therefore the money should be at your bank in two or three days.

That must be special fidelity stuff. The rest of the world is as follows: Sell Monday, funds settle Thursday, money in your bank Friday. (if ACH instructions are set up, if wire money is there Thursday, depending on the size of your bank and the size of the wire.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On Tuesday, Jan 13, I put in an order to sell some shares - I needed some cash to cover unexpected bills.

It is now Jan, 19, and I still don't have my cash.

We're not talking tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars.  A few grand. My transfer is held up "In Review".  What the fuck do you need to "Review" that an algorithm can't handle?  Give me my fucking monies, you spineless cocksuckers.  It's been almost a week.  I can rebuild a 350 in that time, as well as fuck your CEO's wife until she screams for mercy...and her sister, too.  Silly fucking cunt would forget all about her fucking Wall St. husbandry dick while I was T-banging her Harvard educated tits off of my redneck nutsack.  Give me my fucking monies, dickwads!

ETA:  Carry on.  I give them to Tuesday, then the same text in an e-mail goes to their "Contact Us" box....
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This and listen to what E.F. Hutton has to say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk to Chuck.......

This and listen to what E.F. Hutton has to say.

Or maybe Billy Ray Valentine, Capricorn.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top