BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I love my country....

No you don't.

You spew bile in the direction of your country on a daily basis.
You CONSTANTLY demonstrate disrespect, and often outright dislike for our troops in Iraq.
You will push ANY and EVERY story you hear that denigrates them, and makes them look bad -regardless of the source.

You will even bad mouth a woman who just received an award for valor under fire.

Stop lying.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Cyanide,

You might have had a point (probably did, in fact) in general about medals sometimes being awarded when circumstances do not merit it.

You do not have a valid point when you attack this woman while in complete ignorance of the facts surrounding the incident.

What it comes down to is that she is over there, performing her job competantly, and until the facts come to light from a credible source (not the mainstream media), you should give her the benefit of the doubt.

What are you doing to help American soldiers, Cyanide?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Who are you calling "Forum Rambo?"
That's only slightly hypocritical.  Why don't you go perform some real service for our country instead of sitting behind your computer attacking good soldiers for doing their job and getting recognized.  

Well DPeacher ---------- wait your not not DPeacher are you ----- ???

You can bugger off also...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

[cyanide] Let's see-----------ummmmmm------  bad mouthing them! .[/cyanide]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Cincinnatus

I am not going to engage into a a quote -------- ten page long  ------  thing with you keep it short and sweet or bugger off also.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[cyanide] Let's see....   bad mouthing them! [/cyanide]

Just speaking my mind for all those that have earned them. Have you earned any lately ???
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I see .
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well--- since the cuffs are off asshole -------

I will say this numbnuts  --------

I have seen people earn their ribbons , and it makes me want to puke when I see the military play the political game with them... and hand them out like cracker jack  prizes  .

You can kiss my ass, I love my country and have more respect than those that seem to be in charge of things now a days, all for the sake of political appearances.

So  bugger off . Forum Rambo ..............

So you were THERE to see this Captain NOT earn a Bronze Star???  Until those that WERE there come forward with statements to the contrary, I suggest you shut your cockholster.  You claim love and respect for your country and those who serve it out of one side of your ass, but then you show NOTHING but lip service and disrespect out of the other.  "Hatchet wound", now there's some real respect.  

Oh, BTW, Rambo is a pussy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...  His dad did a AAR on this action and said it was the real deal.  ...

That really isnā€™t the issue.

If this award were being given to a male with exactly the same citation, no one would question it.

The problem is simply that many males on this site are scared of women.

Asking weather or not she really deserved it is just a cover!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well--- since the cuffs are off asshole -------

I will say this numbnuts  --------

I have seen people earn their ribbons , and it makes me want to puke when I see the military play the political game with them... and hand them out like cracker jack  prizes  .

You can kiss my ass, I love my country and have more respect than those that seem to be in charge of things now a days, all for the sake of political appearances.

So  bugger off . Forum Rambo ..............

So you were THERE to see this Captain NOT earn a Bronze Star???  Until those that WERE there come forward with statements to the contrary, I suggest you shut your cockholster.  You claim love and respect for your country and those who serve it out of one side of your ass, but then you show NOTHING but lip service and disrespect out of the other.  "Hatchet wound", now there's some real respect.  

Oh, BTW, Rambo is a pussy.

Nope ---------- but I have seen the military pull the public relations game -- as you have if your eyes are open.

What does it say when they issue ribbons and  we all have to ask ------- was this really earned or was it bullshit ???

Now speak the truth ........... if you can ?

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just speaking my mind for all those that have earned them. Have you earned any lately ???

That's how you speak "for all those that have earned them"??

You bad mouth them, and insinuate that they didn't deserve them?

------but I have seen the military pull the public relations game-----

So fucking what.
That doesn't mean that you then automatically bad mouth THIS soldier, just beacause you've seen people in the past, get medals they didn't deserve.

Do us a favor, speak for yourself.  You're a shitty advocate.
Oh, and yes. I just added the GWOT service medal to the rack.
Didn't even have to do anything for it, really.
Thanks for asking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for asking.

Which one

The GWOT Expeditionary Medal will recognize servicemembers who participate in an expedition to combat terrorism on or after Sept. 11, 2001. This is limited to those who deploy as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. The GWOT Service Medal will recognize service in military operations to combat terrorism on or after Sept. 11, 2001. This is limited to Operation Noble Eagle and to those servicemembers who provide support to Operation Enduring Freedom from outside the area of eligibility designated for the GWOT Expeditionary Medal.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for asking.

Which one

The GWOT Expeditionary Medal will recognize servicemembers who participate in an expedition to combat terrorism on or after Sept. 11, 2001. This is limited to those who deploy as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. The GWOT Service Medal will recognize service in military operations to combat terrorism on or after Sept. 11, 2001. This is limited to Operation Noble Eagle and to those servicemembers who provide support to Operation Enduring Freedom from outside the area of eligibility designated for the GWOT Expeditionary Medal.

You answered your own question.
Read your own answer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny, I never remember asking Cyanide to be my advocate either.

Cyanide...still a turd!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Funny, I never remember asking Cyanide to be my advocate either.

Cyanide...still a turd!

You the Depreach   --------- nope
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]

You the Depreach --------- nope

An excellent response!  Or is that all you could think of now that everyone reading this post has also come to the same conclusion...that you are a slimy, little jealous hater, who pretends to advocate "for the troops" whilst really trying to make up for your own feelings of inadequacy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Nope ---------- but I have seen the military pull the public relations game -- as you have if your eyes are open.

What does it say when they issue ribbons and  we all have to ask ------- was this really earned or was it bullshit ???

Trust me, I saw a few awards given away cheaply over the course of 4 enlistments.  I also saw many noble deeds that went unrecognized.  The POINT being, I was there to SEE it in those cases.  NOBODY here tonight was THERE to witness Capt. McCoy's actions that day, and to denegrate her actions based upon some kind of unfounded moronic FEELING is a the kind of thing a scum sucking troll would do.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, I saw a few awards given away cheaply over the course of 4 enlistments. I also saw many noble deeds that went unrecognized.  The POINT being, I was there to SEE it in those cases.  NOBODY here tonight was THERE to witness Capt. McCoy's actions that day, and to denegrate her actions based upon some kind of unfounded moronic FEELING is a the kind of thing a scum sucking troll would do.  

Ok ------------- we are in agreement ------------- despite  your emotional response

\
The military made it that way ------------- not my fault...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You the Depreach --------- nope

An excellent response!  Or is that all you could think of now that everyone reading this post has also come to the same conclusion...that you are a slimy, little jealous hater, who pretends to advocate "for the troops" whilst really trying to make up for your own feelings of inadequacy.

I would die today to let a young solider live  -------- if it was in my power ...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#21]
But you can't, so you sit here in the states, safely behind your computer screen and shit on those who  are laying their lives on the line?

Big words, perhaps you should back them up by actually doing something responsible and for the troops.  When's the last time you sent a care package overseas?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, I saw a few awards given away cheaply over the course of 4 enlistments. I also saw many noble deeds that went unrecognized.  The POINT being, I was there to SEE it in those cases.  NOBODY here tonight was THERE to witness Capt. McCoy's actions that day, and to denegrate her actions based upon some kind of unfounded moronic FEELING is a the kind of thing a scum sucking troll would do.  

Ok ------------- we are in agreement ------------- despite  your emotional response

\
The military made it that way ------------- not my fault...

Another classic troll tactic, take text out of context.

"...to denegrate her actions based upon some kind of unfounded moronic FEELING is a the kind of thing a scum sucking troll would do. "

It is YOU, cyanide, who continues to denegrate the actions of Capt. McCoy, NOT I.  You are the one bad mouthing Capt. McCoy based on YOUR misguided beliefs and principles.  I am defending the FACTS as we know them to be at this time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Them Train driving Females are hard as woodpecker lips.  QS and I met one on NYE from 18th ABC's engineer's.  She was just back from Afganistan, and quite the hard charger.  She didnt kill anyone, just provided alot of covering fire so other folks could get kill shots.

She also agreed to replenish my dwindling supply of ranger panties, so I am eternally greatful.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
But you can't, so you sit here in the states, safely behind your computer screen and shit on those who  are laying their lives on the line?

Big words, perhaps you should back them up by actually doing something responsible and for the troops.  When's the last time you sent a care package overseas?

I shit only on those that deserve it ------- the false medal recipients -- like Kerry ???

Or was he he only one ever to get one he did not deserve it ???
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I would die today to let a young solider live  -------- if it was in my power ...

That could be arranged.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#26]
And what proof do you have that this soldier is a false medal recipient?  None!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/265405p-227314c.html
Courageous move saves 11

"Capt. McCoy willingly and repeatedly took action to gather up her soldiers under enemy fire and direct fire at the enemy," the medal citation said. "Her actions inspired her men to accomplish the mission and saved the lives of her fellow soldiers."

Isn't that what she is supposed to do? I'm not saying that Capt. McCoy isn't capable. She did a good job but that's just it. It's her job. Well I guess since theoretically her role is non-combat they are saying she went above and beyond. I don't agree. But what the hell it's a feel good story.

ETA, before you folks jump on me, I'm not saying she didn't deserve the medal. I take the military folks at their word. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/265405p-227314c.html
Courageous move saves 11

"Capt. McCoy willingly and repeatedly took action to gather up her soldiers under enemy fire and direct fire at the enemy," the medal citation said. "Her actions inspired her men to accomplish the mission and saved the lives of her fellow soldiers."

Isn't that what she is supposed to do? I'm not saying that Capt. McCoy isn't capable. She did a good job but that's just it. It's her job. Well I guess since theoretically her role is non-combat they are saying she went above and beyond. I don't agree. But what the hell it's a feel good story.

I see it also ???
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Might as well give her a Purple Heart for her hatchet wound ...

That's kind of offensive.....

I prefer axe-wound myself.

See why it works better in a song....

Bad Naughty Hedgehogs
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What proof do you have that it was earned???

NONE------------
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What proof do you have that it was earned???

NONE------------

Exactly.  Shouldn't everyone give an American soldier the benefit of the doubt until the facts come out?

Oh wait, this is Cyanide...nevermind.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
That she received the award IS proof enough until there is reliable, contradictory evidence that it was not earned.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That she received the award IS proof enough until there is reliable, contradictory evidence that it was not earned.

You mean like Lynch and Kerry  ------- ???
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#34]
The discussion isn't about them.  Its about you shitting on a good soldier while you sit here, safe in America.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The discussion isn't about them.  Its about you shitting on a good soldier while you sit here, safe in America.

Bullshit ----------

It is about the military playing  ------- political games with our countries highest honors...

And damn them for it....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit ----------

It is about the military playing  ------- political games with our countries highest honors...

And damn them for it....

Damn, you are a wee little man.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Get real, and get a life you wannabe.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I can think of why a medal is deserved.

A REAR ECHELON officer leading technically REAR ECHELON troops, people who probably see their rifles when they have to qualify, got into a situation that required skills her troops probably do not train for daily. They're engineers. They build things.  And despite being in a situation where the water was deeper than they could swim (not being infantry, armor, etc.) their officer performed and kept her people alive.  

These guys were engineers. Not to say they're less than infantry, but fighting isn't their primary job. Support is. They could easily have been chopped to pieces (see where Lynch's unit got hit), but their officer kept them together and got them out.

I've heard of people getting medals for less. Look up an exchange between Lt. Col Don Faith and Lt. Gen Ned Almond in Korea.

Also, I wonder how this thread would've gone if  the officer had been, say, Capt. KEVIN McCoy.
I only wish I could say I'd have been able to do as well in the same situation.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#39]
you know the first and last time I went to the range to meet other AR15.com members I was surrounded by mostly out of shape wanna be's most were standing aroung a member shooting his .50 cal rifle on the 50 yard line...sorry it is a bitter pill to swallow for the arm chair genaral/pogues on this site. I was to embarrased to admit that I was a member,,,and no I'm no pogue,, I was the guy hitting their targets from the other side of the range with my .22 rifle,,they were pathetic,,to many fat bodies at least by my standards,,,Calverton! The time the wave was there after his rear action at the WTC attack. Yep i was "on the job" then and in the pile while he was getting his free ar15 while he was still on probation,,had I been a prick I could have had him thrown of the force for the gift ,,,not because he did dick but because he recieved said gift..opps on a rant,,,,Semper Fi! lived alost did not read about it all!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
you know the first and last time I went to the range to meet other AR15.com members I was surrounded by mostly out of shape wanna be's most were standing aroung a member shooting his .50 cal rifle on the 50 yard line...sorry it is a bitter pill to swallow for the arm chair genaral/pogues on this site. I was to embarrased to admit that I was a member,,,and no I'm no pogue,, I was the guy hitting their targets from the other side of the range with my .22 rifle,,they were pathetic,,to many fat bodies at least by my standards,,,Calverton! The time the wave was there after his rear action at the WTC attack. Yep i was "on the job" then and in the pile while he was getting his free ar15 while he was still on probation,,had I been a prick I could have had him thrown of the force for the gift ,,,not because he did dick but because he recieved said gift..opps on a rant,,,,Semper Fi! lived alost did not read about it all!

Fifty years  or more will do that to a fellow --------- I feel no need to defend against it...... punk.

Let me know when you get there in better  shape.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#41]

A REAR ECHELON officer leading technically REAR ECHELON troops, people who probably see their rifles when they have to qualify, got into a situation that required skills her troops probably do not train for daily. They're engineers. They build things. And despite being in a situation where the water was deeper than they could swim (not being infantry, armor, etc.) their officer performed and kept her people alive.

These guys were engineers. Not to say they're less than infantry, but fighting isn't their primary job. Support is. They could easily have been chopped to pieces (see where Lynch's unit got hit), but their officer kept them together and got them out.

I've heard of people getting medals for less. Look up an exchange between Lt. Col Don Faith and Lt. Gen Ned Almond in Korea.

Also, I wonder how this thread would've gone if the officer had been, say, Capt. KEVIN McCoy.

Well said Spade!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#42]

you know the first and last time I went to the range to meet other AR15.com members I was surrounded by mostly out of shape wanna be's most were standing aroung a member shooting his .50 cal rifle on the 50 yard line...sorry it is a bitter pill to swallow for the arm chair genaral/pogues on this site

I am not in as nearly as good shape as I was in the service 30+ years ago, but I like to think of myself as a has been rather than a wannabe.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

A REAR ECHELON officer leading technically REAR ECHELON troops, people who probably see their rifles when they have to qualify, got into a situation that required skills her troops probably do not train for daily. They're engineers. They build things.  And despite being in a situation where the water was deeper than they could swim (not being infantry, armor, etc.) their officer performed and kept her people alive.  

Also, I wonder how this thread would've gone if  the officer had been, say, Capt. KEVIN McCoy.

Pretty much the same way -------- as far as I go...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  Cyanide doesn't hate based on gender; he hates all American soldiers equally.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And THAT ladies and gents, is as close as we will probably EVER see cyanide come to admitting he is a troll.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Medal or not, she's over there in Iraq doing it, and apparently doing it with competance.

It's more than a lot of people here can say, The Neutral Observer included.

Without knowing the details from an official, accurate source, The Neutral Observer won't comment on how deserving she was of the medal.

EDIT:

At the least, she is deserving of respect.

Speak for yourself.  Retired military here and tired to go back in.  Even tried the civil side --no dice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

LtCol Faith got the medal of honor for leading TF Faith, the rear guard action at the Chosin Res.  He deserved it

*FAITH, DON C., JR.
Rank and organization: Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army, commanding officer, 1st Battalion, 32d Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division. Place and date: Vicinity Hagaru-ri, Northern Korea, 27 November to 1 December 1950. Entered service at: Washington, Ind. Born: 26 August 1918, Washington, Ind. G.O. No.: 59, 2 August 1951.
Citation: Lt. Col. Faith, commanding 1st Battalion, distinguished himself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity in action above and beyond the call of duty in the area of the Chosin Reservoir. When the enemy launched a fanatical attack against his battalion, Lt. Col. Faith unhesitatingly exposed himself to heavy enemy fire as he moved about directing the action. When the enemy penetrated the positions, Lt. Col. Faith personally led counterattacks to restore the position. During an attack by his battalion to effect a junction with another U.S. unit, Lt. Col. Faith reconnoitered the route for, and personally directed, the first elements of his command across the ice-covered reservoir and then directed the movement of his vehicles which were loaded with wounded until all of his command had passed through the enemy fire. Having completed this he crossed the reservoir himself. Assuming command of the force his unit had joined he was given the mission of attacking to join friendly elements to the south. Lt. Col. Faith, although physically exhausted in the bitter cold, organized and launched an attack which was soon stopped by enemy fire. He ran forward under enemy small-arms and automatic weapons fire, got his men on their feet and personally led the fire attack as it blasted its way through the enemy ring. As they came to a hairpin curve, enemy fire from a roadblock again pinned the column down. Lt. Col. Faith organized a group of men and directed their attack on the enemy positions on the right flank. He then placed himself at the head of another group of men and in the face of direct enemy fire led an attack on the enemy roadblock, firing his pistol and throwing grenades. When he had reached a position approximately 30 yards from the roadblock he was mortally wounded, but continued to direct the attack until the roadblock was overrun. Throughout the 5 days of action Lt. Col. Faith gave no thought to his safety and did not spare himself. His presence each time in the position of greatest danger was an inspiration to his men. Also, the damage he personally inflicted firing from his position at the head of his men was of material assistance on several occasions. Lt. Col. Faith's outstanding gallantry and noble self-sacrifice above and beyond the call of duty reflect the highest honor on him and are in keeping with the highest traditions of the U.S. Army. (This award supersedes the prior award of the Silver Star (First Oak Leaf Cluster) as announced in G.O. No. 32, Headquarters X Corps, dated 23 February 1951, for gallantry in action on 27 November 1950.)
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Lets see - John Kerry got a Silver Star for shooting a single, apparently unarmed, enemy solder in the back.

This captain received a lesser award - a Bronze Medal with ā€œVā€ device - for shooting two enemy soldiers who were shooting back at her.

Yeah!  Really sounds like the system favors women!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And THAT ladies and gents, is as close as we will probably EVER see cyanide come to admitting he is a troll.

At this juncture in  the  post  you have resorted to blaa, blaaa, bla, blaaaaa.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Medal or not, she's over there in Iraq doing it, and apparently doing it with competance.

It's more than a lot of people here can say, The Neutral Observer included.

Without knowing the details from an official, accurate source, The Neutral Observer won't comment on how deserving she was of the medal.

EDIT:

At the least, she is deserving of respect.

I agree and could not have said it better myself
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top