User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
page 2 beat yo azz!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
An interesting part of the story: "The sergeant then pushed Larry Jackson with his baton, they said, and when Jackson grabbed the sergeant, another cop began choking him from behind."

There is going to be some "causation" placed on our police officer "victim."  The moment he saw a sergeant, he should have said something about who he was.  Instead, the sergeant probably reacted to something he did and pushed him with his baton.  So our hero grabs the sergeant.  I'm sorry - he GRABBED THE SERGEANT???  It obviously went to hell from there.

And it's rather interesting that after the officer convinced the party crashers to leave, there was another (presumably unrelated) fight in the house, which is what brought the sergeant into the house.

Yeah, real impressive.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
how do you only get ONE bruise and a badly bandaged up arm after 6 guys beat you down??? hell i get beat down by ONE guy and come out worse... course my stratagey in a fist fight is to lose badly then sue the other guy for every cent he is worth... and their employer, and their kids, and if i cna get a shady enough lawyer his dog too....

Ummm, this does not represent the norm in AK.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
How much you want to bet he identified himself as a cop (more than likely in a belligerent way) but didn't have any sort of police ID on him and didn't comply with the on duty uniformed officers orders (that didn't know who the hell he was) to lie on the ground or some other action he didn't want to do and when forced to comply by the uniformed officers (that didn't know who the hell he was) he resisted and thus the beat down commenced.
Word of wisdom to brand new shiny bushy tailed cops.  If you are off duty, out of uniform (hell on duty and plain clothes) and you come into contact with on duty uniformed police, do what they say.  Even if it violates your dignity and self esteem.  If they did something wrong or were assholes it can be handled after everyone figures out who is who.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do you only get ONE bruise and a badly bandaged up arm after 6 guys beat you down?

well, the guy *is* 6'-3", 300 lbs...

maybe we should wait for the after-action pics of the responding officers?

ar-jedi

Better yet, wait for the MS Paint sketch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#6]
What he need to do is get a bunch of HIS buddies to go do a beat down on the other cops.

That's the only way he's going to get any justice out of this.  

POPCORN!!!   I want POPCORN!!!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Just from the article, I already have a pretty good idea of what happened.
Lowered hiring standards FTW.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

what if he was a K9 cop and they shot his K9?  would the cops that shot the K9 be charged with killing a cop?

No, they would get the same punishment as always.......
A PAID vacation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Facts are still vague but I am gonna play it:

Racist

I knew somebody would play it!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
real hard time believing that they just showed up and kicked his ass.  I bet more to this story will be revealed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see a pattern....

New York is fucked up?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There are exactly 87 relevant facts absent in that story.

First sensible thing said in this thread.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#13]
At least they didn't beat a "civilian."

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#15]
If he is a cop then why was he unarmed?

Where was his badge and ID?

Was he trying to win the "NYC lottery"?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Where was his badge and ID?

Was he trying to win the "NYC lottery"?

Apparently he did or will.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
boo hoo hoo. This doesnt surprise me in the least. The nypd are a bunch of small dicked thugs on AND off duty. ill bet the farm that this asshole was acting like a thug when the on duty guys came.
One time i was hanging out outside of cyclone stadium in brooklyn after a game smoking and drinking when an off duty cop that looks almost exactly like the guy in the story (a fatass black asshole, but with 50lbs of fake gold blind) comes up to me and demands that i put my cig out because his ho doesnt like the smoke. i refuse and he immediately takes out his badge and starts screaming calling me a white boy, cracker, etc telling me he's gonna fucking kill me 1 in away from my face. i walk away but thats not good enough for him, he follows me for like 5 mins threating me and telling me that he will get away with anything he wants.
fake eta- also- dont even get me started about the time when two nypd thugs tried to steal my NVGs
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, there's 2 ways for him to solve this issue.

1. Go to internal affairs

2. Ambush the culprits in the locker room with a tazer and his own baton and call it even
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So cop calls cops, gets his ass beat by said cops. Ouch.

.... Dude shoulda seen that coming...  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
How great is it when one of the many "isolated incidents" winds up being a fellow cop by mistake.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

There are exactly 87 relevant facts absent in that story.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#22]
lucky he didn't have an AK.
or a wallet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But he was off duty & apprently not in uniform so I guess being under cover means you will still get beat up!
Agree w/ the Comment never invite the PO-PO!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Racist

I normally hate the over use the race card but I'm sure race played a role

they get there and find a black guy and assume he's the perp

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Most cops I know and work with don't carry off duty.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Was this cop in the military as well?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

NYPD has actually raised some of their standards. When I got hired you only needed a GED to get hired. Now you need college or military. Background checks for hires have been a joke for decades however.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It has to be because he is black

Be honest, do you really think it would have happened if he was white?

I really don't.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NYPD has actually raised some of their standards. When I got hired you only needed a GED to get hired. Now you need college or military. Background checks for hires have been a joke for decades however.

Thats what I'm referring to - its not the military/educational qualifications that matters so much as the other stuff.
For instance - the "gunman at a child's birthday party" tells me everything I need to know.
I know a guy who used to be in personel doing background checks as his "sunset" job.
Long story short, he got tired of seeing the people he deemed "unfit for hiring" being hired.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:35:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really don't.

I disagree. A 6'3" 300lb man (regardless or race) grabbing a police officer would get the same beat down. Hell, if it were a single officer responding, he would've got shot not beaten. Cops aren't the touchy feely types. Hence the whole "assaulting a police officer" BS if you lay your hand on them.

But as it goes, not all the facts are known. What if he was drunk? Did he identify himself as an officer? Was he agressive in any way? Were the responding officers white? There are too many variables to make a truly informed opinon. We really shouldn't be so quick to play the race card.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#32]
There is a big problem with black UC cops getting shot by uniformed cops in large agencies. So this story does not surprise me. Many urban ciops have been conditioned to assume adult black male equals bad guy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously? Standards must not have gone up by much, except maybe on paper. And it's not just an NYPD thing, just about every where you look you'll find "high standards" and bad cops. For the purposes of the job, a college degree only means they produce well written reports with "educated" words. A military background? Perhaps discipline, physical fitness and the ability to handle pressure. I say screw the background checks, they're useless. Even if thorough, it'd only reflect the opinions of friends/family and show what they've been caught doing. I say extensive psychological exams and a IQ test should be the standard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:45:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Racist

Code Enforcement would not have beaten his ass like that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Racist

Of course it is in your eyes, evereything is. You give such a firmness to our belief of what bit city thinking really is. We thought it's the first reaction of those from the big city to cry racism, and I guess it is.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:02:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

There is a big problem with black UC cops getting shot by uniformed cops in large agencies. So this story does not surprise me. Many urban ciops have been conditioned to assume adult black male equals bad guy.

And why is that?

I'll give you my experience. Out of all the rape, robbery/burglary, theft, assault and drug arrests I have made in my career close to half have been black males. And I even work in a predominately white suburban city.

And it isn't because I'm racist.

I bet most cops on this board will have had similar experiences.

The black male community has a crime problem. Period.   And that isn't because of racism either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:03:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And why is that?

Profiling.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:08:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really don't.

If the behavior had been the same?

I bet it would have.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:54:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
At least the officer made it home safe...oh wait hmmm...

Well, actually he DID make it home safely, at which point he called the police who showed up and beat the crap out of him.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Remove the 9 and 1 button from your phone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

something not quite adding up here a NYPD officer that does not have his shield and piece close  by has not been paying attention to his city not disputing his story as i have not read it but it just seems odd

Punctuation, how does that work?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:02:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Why was a thug with a gun at his daughters birthday party?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Oh the irony.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:04:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Never invite the po-po into your life.

No good ever comes from it. The only purpose they serve is to collect taxes (read...issue tickets). Other than that, they do more harm than good.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:14:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm guessing the girl is in her mid-teens, somewhere between 15 and 17/18...  the rest explains it from there...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
>>>>Jackson's wife, Charlene, made a 911 call around 1:15 a.m. Sunday as her unarmed husband faced down thugs armed with a gun and bats who showed up as partygoers started leaving his home in

Somethings missing here, and just dosent sound right....

No tin and unarmed? Kinda strange to be facing down armed thugs without at least an off-duty piece
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm guessing the girl is in her mid-teens, somewhere between 15 and 17/18...  the rest explains it from there...

Yep.
Next question, what was the fathers interaction with the responding officers?

A story any place other than GD requires, a beginning, a middle, and an end. I have ceased to be surprised at how ARFCOM reacts to stories with so little information. It's like saying that we used the A-bomb on Japan for flying some airplanes too close to the beach in Hawaii. What happened in the middle is kind of important.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:36:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Racist

Of course it is in your eyes, evereything is. You give such a firmness to our belief of what bit city thinking really is. We thought it's the first reaction of those from the big city to cry racism, and I guess it is.

In this case black guy does not equal perp but looks like someone forgot that and clobbered the victim based on his appearance.

There is a name for that kind of person...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:39:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Next question, what was the fathers interaction with the responding officers?
A story any place other than GD requires, a beginning, a middle, and an end. I have ceased to be surprised at how ARFCOM reacts to stories with so little information. It's like saying that we used the A-bomb on Japan for flying some airplanes too close to the beach in Hawaii. What happened in the middle is kind of important.

Couldn't tell ya
edit: What I meant by "the rest explains it from there..." was why some guy would have a gun at a birthday...  example:  young G mad at other G fo swoopin' in on "his" ho, etc...  NOT that "the rest of the story explains itself from there..."

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top