Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You and your "illegal taxation" crowd are tilting at windmills.  Taxation is a lawful function of government, the tax code carries the full weight of law, and opinions to the contrary have not withstood legal challenge.

Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
And whose word are you going to take that Americans don't have to withhold taxes from their employees?  The IRS or some inbred militia yahoo out in Minnesota?

Why are you guys such easy prey to those kind of scams?  Reminds me of the "Gold Coupon" scam that ran through our area a few years back.

As I recall, people were persuaded to pay hard cash for worthless certificates which could supposedly be redeemed for gold coins.  I don't remember the details, except that many of my "redneck" acquaintances who believe themselves to be paragons of intellect were completely taken in by this scam.  (It was a classic "ponzi scheme.")

Let's not even mention AMWAY or other quasi-legal multi-level marketing scams. (A.K.A. Pyramid schemes)  There truely is a sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Gus you will find nothing in my posts about illegal taxation or taxation period.  Well, until now.  I simply found the whole mess to be interesting since this was an event without precedence.  I pay my taxes by the 15th of April every year, in fact I just sent the ATF an extra $200 on top of everything else I owe.  So please don't assume I'm anti-taxation.  I  also found it interesting that these people are still defiant despite the Gov't taking their church.  Do you believe you will ever see gunowners this defiant?  It's just nice conversation between friends afterall.[;)]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My reply was to "Son of Liberty."  No offense meant to you.

I find your comments generally edifiying and fairly lucid.
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Why thank you![:I]  It's really hard to stay lucid this early in the morn.  Edifying?  What's that mean?  Never mind, I'll look it up after I get some sleep.  But thanks anyway.[:)]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]smilecwm.tripod.com/legionxs/crucified.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/15/2001 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gus Laskaris:
And whose word are you going to take that Americans don't have to withhold taxes from their employees?  The IRS or some inbred militia yahoo out in Minnesota?
View Quote

Maybe you didn't see my earlier post.  I too took the IRS' word.  I quoted a paragraph directly from IRS Publication 515, page 4, which spells out the rules, to employers, for who must have taxes withheld.  Here it is again:

EVIDENCE OF RESIDENCE: If an individual gives you a written statement stating that he or she is a citizen or resident of the United States, and you do not know otherwise, you do not have to withhold tax under the rules discussed in this publication.

Is that clear enough?  Couldn't be more clear to me.  Are you waiting for IRS to send you a letter saying they have "accidently" been illegally taxing incomes of US citizens?  It won't happen.  They aren't going to give up piles of money being sent to them!  

Taxation is a lawful function of government, the tax code carries the full weight of law, and opinions to the contrary have not withstood legal challenge.
View Quote

Why do you think that they have not withstood legal challenge?  Could it be because the prosecution (gov't) has an endless source of funds to fight, while the accused does not?

Whose word are you taking?  Not the IRS, as I have shown an IRS rule contradictory to popular belief.  Your belief about tax codes are based on heresay.  I would guess that you haven't read for yourself the part of the tax code which determines who has taxable income.

The Federal Regulations make reference to "sources" within the United States.  Below are the only sources listed from which income must be derived in order for it to be taxable for the purpose of the Income Tax.

Code of Federal Regulations 1. 861-869 (1)

(i) Overall limitation to the foreign tax credit.
(ii) [Reserved]
(iii) DISC and FSC taxable income. (Note: DISC is Direct International Sales      Corp, and FSC is a Foreign Sales Corp)
(iv) Effectively connected taxable income.  Nonresident alien individuals and foreign corporations engaged in trade or  business within the United States,…
(v) Foreign base company income.
(vi) Other operative sections.
(A) "...foreign source items of tax..."
(B) "...foreign mineral income..."
(C) [Reserved]
(D) "... foreign oil and gas extraction income..”
(E) “…citizens entitled to the benefits of section 931 and the section 936 tax credit…”  (Note: section 931 is titled - Income from sources within Guam, American Samoa, or the Northern Mariana Island - section 936 is titled - Puerto Rico and Possession tax credit)
(F) "... residents of Puerto Rico…”
(G) "...income tax liability incurred to the Virgin Islands…”
(H) "... income derived from Guam…”
(I) “… China Trade Act corporations…”
(J) "...income of a controlled foreign corporation…”
(K) "...income from the insurance of U.S. risks…”
(L) "...international boycott factor... attributable taxes and income under  
section 999...”
(M) "...Income attributable to the operation of an agreement vessel under section 607of the Merchant Marine Act of 1936... "  

Yup, they're all foreign sources.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 3:05:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
There is nothing worse for the inner-city than more churches.
In some bad neighborhoods, every other building is a church.
Liquor-store, church, abandoned building, church, crack-house, church, etc..
Many of them are just an excuse not to pay taxes.  They're like little, mini-Jesse Jacksons.  Small town Rainbow-Push coalitions.  They suck the life out of the community.  They take up space that could be used to employ someone, orbe a source of tax revenue that could be used to improve the neighborhood.
View Quote

Doesn't that show the difference between religion and Christianity, though?

True Christians give, not take.

The Bible is remarkably clear on how you will know the difference "You shall know them by their fruits".  

As the old saying goes - Religion is the last refuge of scoundrels.
Oh yeah, I looked up scoundrel in th dictionary and there two picures - Jessie Jackson and Bill Clinton. Hahahaha
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 4:58:47 AM EDT
[#10]
dk:

i suggest that you go back and review the subject of syllogisms, and the fallacies of argument.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
dk:

i suggest that you go back and review the subject of syllogisms, and the fallacies of argument.
View Quote

Did you really just say that?
I guess Logic 101 never warned about sounding pompous, huh?
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread has run it`s course.
Link Posted: 2/17/2001 3:59:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Remember when the IRS seized the Mustang Ranch and kept it in operation? They were accused of running a whore house. If they seize the church and continue to let it operate, are they not in violation of the 1st amendment?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top