BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A crappy 10rd Bushmaster mag to the first one who can tell me what the price display on the supermarket scanner says when the clerk scans maggie in the opening scene.
View Quote

"NRA 4EVER"

from the outtake episode

"just one of the many hillarues right wing messages matt groineg sneaks into evry episode"

or something like that
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
NRA 4EVER
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Doh!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't believe this one has not been mentioned already.

"Beer is proof that God loves us."--Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A crappy 10rd Bushmaster mag to the first one who can tell me what the price display on the supermarket scanner says when the clerk scans maggie in the opening scene.
View Quote

"NRA 4EVER"

from the outtake episode

"just one of the many hillarues right wing messages matt groineg sneaks into evry episode"

or something like that
View Quote

You win, where should I send the mag?
View Quote

sending e-mail now
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

"NRA 4EVER"

from the outtake episode

or something like that
View Quote

Oh, come now, Garand shooter....everyone knows that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
the entire superbowl episode-
homer breaks into rupert murdoch's luxury box-

homer-who are you?
murdoch-I'm Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire tyrant!

spanish guy in a sombrero from the door bell place comes to the house-

Lisa-Senor ding-Dong! I thought you were just a cheap marketing ploy!

Senor ding dong-There was a time when that was true.....

and the entire Vincent Price scene from the same episode
Also- "We don't want people to think all we conservatives are johnny hate-mongers, billy bible thumpers or, god forbid, george bushes!"
-sideshow bob

daddy has the worst luck when he's drinking-Lisa

Bush the 1st and homer are wrestling outside, gorbachev walks by
gorbachev-I come by to give you present for warming oh house, but instead find you grappling with local oaf!

oh yeah-
bart-Andy Dick isn't gay, he's just flamboyant!
homer-oh yeah, and I'm a size 4!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Brandine:  
Cletus,  ya know I gots ta wear the clothes what Dairy Queen gimee.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
HOMER quips-

WHOO HOOOO!!  FOUR DAY WEEKEND!!

Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah, FISHING nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah FISHING....FISHING.....FISHING, FISHING....Nah nah nah nah anh.......
-----------------------------
AR15.COM Version:
nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah [:K]ING! nah nah nah nah nah nah [:K]ING, [:K]ING, [:K]ING!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#11]
When Mr. Burns goes to the grocery store for the very first time...trying to decide which ketchup to buy:

"ketchup..........Katsup"

J
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maggie is listed as costing $847.63, a figure once given as the amount of money required to raise a baby for one month in the US.

The trivia questions in the episode you've referred to are gags made to troll the audience, just like the images of Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, and Sam Simon in the episode are not what those people really look like. The cash register question is a gag referring to the people who have labeled the show as "the most liberal on television" by portraying it as having an ultra-conservative slant. In this episode, the display in the opening sequence still says 847.63, not NRA 4 EVER. NRA 4 EVER was only shown once, during the episode, not before.

So am do I win or what?? [:D]

Edit- Man, how did I know this. Am I a nerd or what???? I've got to be the biggest Simpsons fan alive..
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Phone Lady: "The fingers you have used to dial this phone are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand please mash the keypad with your palm now."

Bart: "I wash myself with a stick." (People applaud)

Ship Capt: "What do you want most in life..."

Kyle
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#14]
In the episode where Bart is working at the burlesque house.
Homer opens the door and finds Reverend and Mrs. Lovejoy, and Maude and Ned Flanders.
Homer says,"This isn't going to be about Jesus, is it?"
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Homer: 'two kinds of people wear Hawaiian shirts, gay people and big fat party animals.'

Burns: (when he was shot) 'With the last of my strength I sucked out all of my gold fillings, those paramedics have sticky fingers.'

[sniper]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#16]
The clerk at "BloodBath & Beyond" showing Homer the accessories that come with his new gun;

"a silencer"

"a loudener" (always think of that when I fire my 14.5" Bushy w/ AK74 style brake)

"This is for shooting down police helicopters"

Homer replies "Oh I don't need one of those...YET"

Actually, the episode in which Homer buys a gun ends up being relatively pro-gun with NRA members portrayed as responsible and safety conscious. Also, ever see the "King of the Hill" episode(s)where Hank takes Bobby hunting or the one in which they enter a father-son shooting match? Again, surprisingly pro.

Oh, I almost forgot when Moe talks about defending himself from a would-be robber;

"yeah, I put a bullet in his spine. I guess the next bar he holds-up better have a wheel-chair ramp."
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
IAN how the hell can you read that. You would have to dissect it frame by frame. A feat even a good VCR can't do w/o some haze over the reading. But, it definitely doesn't read NRA 4 EVER like in the gag outtake episode. All I can say is it is 5 Digits. Thats the best any TV/VCR I've ever seen can do.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ralph Wiggum

"That's my sand box.  I'm not allowed to go in the deep end.  That's where the Leprechaun is.  He tells me to burn things."
View Quote

Thats one of my favorites too!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Homer: BEER! BEER! BEER!, BED! BED! BED!
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#20]
If someone breaks into your house, and you don't have a gun, how are you supposed to shoot them?
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Tittania: But you said if i slept with you that i would win the contest.

Duff Man: Duff Man says alot of things, OH YA!!

Disco Stu: Back away not today Disco Stu.

cant get much better than duff man and disco stu
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#22]
my favorite character is "mindy"--the red headed hottie that homer worked with.  they had everything in common, and the more homer tried to find differences the more he found in common.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
IAN how the hell can you read that. You would have to dissect it frame by frame. A feat even a good VCR can't do w/o some haze over the reading. But, it definitely doesn't read NRA 4 EVER like in the gag outtake episode. All I can say is it is 5 Digits. Thats the best any TV/VCR I've ever seen can do.
View Quote

Ahhhh.. Ancient Chinese secret grasshopper. I have the Simpsons season 1 on dvd.. I can go frame  by frame much clearer than and VHS/Cable broadcast. That information has been floating around on the Simpsons FAQs for years. I remeber reading it three or four years ago on alt.tv.simpsons.

Ian
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#24]
A few more:

Kamp Krusty Episode:
Homer's Promise to the Kids:"When you 18, your out the door."

Lisa: "Your serving us gruel?"
Jimbo:"Not quite. This is Krusty brand imitation gruel. Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference."

Mr. Plow epidode:
Homer:"If you are going to be mad everytime I do stupid things, I guess I'll have to stop doing stupid things"

Fake ID:
Selma(or Patty):"Somedays, we don't let the line move at all. We call those days weekdays"

Homer:"Sorry, I guess watching me isn't any more exciting that being me"

Selma(or Patty):"One more step, I've just gotta laminate your license, and then you'll get it in 2-3 weeks"
Millhouse:"Bart! Nelson hit me!"

Bart:"He sure did"Bart:"We're not going a grammer rodeo, Milton"
Milhouse:"Martin"
Bart:"Martin"

Homer(calling Moe):"Hello, I'd like to talk to a Mr. Snotball, First name Youra"
Moe:"Youra snotball?"
Homer:"What!?! How dare you!?! If I ever find out who it this is I'll staple a flag to your butt and mail you to Iran!"

Al Gore Doll(talking slowly):"You...are...hearing...me...talk"

Poocho episode:
Owner of Itchy and Scratchy:"One kids seems to LOVE the Speedo Man"

Bart:"Don't have a cow, Lis"
Marge:"Bart's right: let's none of us have a cow."

Prohibition episode:
Homer:"Beer: The cause of and solution to all of life's problems"
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#25]
"Duff Man is Thrusting in the direction of the problem"
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#26]
this one[img]http://www.celebrityicon.net/females/jessicasimpson/images/011.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#27]
"but i dont even believe in Jebus"

"SAVE ME JEBUS"

"i dont know alot about God but i think we made a pretty good cage for him" or something like that

"SO LONG STINK TOWN!"
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I like the Simpsons episode with the blind guy and the police find the marijuana in his house, then he claims it's medical and without he will go even blinder.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Who are the Simpsons?????
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like the Simpsons episode with the blind guy and the police find the marijuana in his house, then he claims it's medical and without he will go even blinder.
View Quote
and then it shows all the cops pulling up for a party [:D]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Mmmm 64 slices of American cheese.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#32]
If you have noticed a homer theme from LotBoy, thats because LotBoy is a Homersexual.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#33]
"I'm going ... out ... to ... stalk... Lenny and Carl, DOH!"

Homer -$5, oh, I wanted a peanut.
Brain- With $5 you can get many peauts.
Homer- Explain.
Brain- Money can be echanged for goods and services.

Anybody have a link to an audio file of the theme song for the C. Montgomery Burns Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence Award?  We are going to present one at work.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Do they have the series on DVDs yet? I want them all.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]
I loved the episode where they go to Itchy and Scratchy land and there's a parade like Disneyland's Mainstreet Parade.  They have robot Itchies and Scratchies and one of them tips the top of his head off to reveal his "brain" and Marge says to Homer something along the lines of, "see, those robots have a lot more parts than the one you tried to build."  Or something like that.

Actually, any Simpsons episode that makes a reference to a film is great fun.

It does strike me that they have sort of lost their edge of late.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#36]
LOL, tonight's rerun was the one where Homer get's a motorcycle and he ends up dueling with the "Hell's Satans" outta Bakersfield.    Makes me laugh my ass off every time since I live in Bakersfield California, I wonder if it's my town that one of the writers must have visited and had a lasting impression made upon them.

Love the duel where they pick up their motorcycles and beat eachother with them as if they were swords.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#37]
another great quote from Bart-

(homer's brother uncle herbie is giving bart a present)

Uncle herbie: " bart, i can't give you the machine gun you wanted right now but here's the next best thing--a membership in the national rifle association!"

bart:  "WOW, THE N.R.A.!!!!!!  does this mean i can buy those armor-piercing, hollow point, cop killer bullets?

uncle herbie:  "YEP, IT'S GUARANTEED IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!"

THE SIMPSONS RULE!!!

EARLYBIRDNJ
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#38]
This has got to be my favorite line.
Kent Brockman (paraphrasing): Thanks to Mayor Simpson, we'll all be taking [b]golden showers[/b]. (laughter) What?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

NRA4EVER
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
When Mr. Burns goes to the grocery store for the very first time...trying to decide which ketchup to buy:

J
View Quote

"Uh, Now he's talking to the ketchup."

My favorite scene from that ill fated shopping trip is where Krusty walks up to the cereal rack and picks up a box of Krusty-O's.  Burns, needing to buy some cereal, says:

"Excuse me fellow shopper, but could you tell me where I could find the Burns-O's".

Krusty:  "Sorry Pops, but they don't put Nobody's on cereal boxes.

Burns looking dismayed, spies the Count Chocula section.  "Well, I guess these look a little bit like me."
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

NRA4EVER
View Quote

Damn, I guess I didn't win.  I really wanted a new doorstop.

Homer-  "Awww, we could'a seen a monkey!"

Billy Corgan-  "Oh man, Homer wussed out.  I'm so disillusioned!"

Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Lawyer: Well, what about that tattoo on your chest? Doesn't it say "Die, Bart die?"
Sideshow Bob: No! That's German for "The Bart, the."
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

NRA4EVER
View Quote

Actually, that is a gag from the 137th episode spectacular....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Goundskeeper Willy speaking to the crowd at a "Scotchtoberfest" gathering:

"Now the kilt was for everyday wear.  But when we went into battle, we wore full-length evening gowns COVERED in sequins...to blind our enemies with it's radiance!"

Or something like that...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top