Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]

In the late 80's, Uncle Sam issued me a 1911A1 for duty use.  I still remember the serial number.  Recently, I checked the serial number out on a website.  That .45 I was carrying was made in 1943 by UNION SWITCH & SIGNAL CO.  It was over 45 years old and still functioning wonderfully!
And what do you think my answer to your question is?

[url]http://www.m1911.org/serno_mi.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
HK USP .45, with CCF Ext. and threaded barrel and Flashider, 12 rd mags(LEO, so they're legal on duty). I feel it will be quite adequate, using Federal HydraShoks, to stop perps.

HKSentinel
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
HK USP .45, with CCF Ext. and threaded barrel and Flashider, 12 rd mags(LEO, so they're legal on duty). I feel it will be quite adequate, using Federal HydraShoks, to stop perps.

HKSentinel
View Quote

Very nice, I want the CCF bbl myself.

I use my Tac. for work as well!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My PARA 14-45 with extended hi-cap mags I can get 19 230 grain full power loads in it. Thats 4370 grains total and it runs great.
View Quote

I was thinking about the para myself, but I have little hands, will that be a problem???
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig 220. Unmatched for out of the box accuracy,
and reliability. 1911's are great but most won't shoot 2" 25 yard groups without spending lots of $$$. Sig 220 does not need to be polished, ramped, or opened up to feed hollow points. HK is nice too. Glock? aka "Tupperware gun" just doesn't fit my hand  - points high, trigger sucks, (although they are a quality & reliable piece). If I were to go 1911 NIB I would buy Kimber.

(Glock fans may now flame away)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top