Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm catching a cold...             -Jim Henson

Gotta go take a dump.....                 - Elvis

Its harmless....                               - The Croc Hunter
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thomas Paine: I have no wish to believe on that subject. Good day.

This was in response to an attempt to get him to recant Age of Reason, Deism, and to accept Christianity.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
“Hey Blonde!  You know what you are?!?!  Just a dirty sonof a…”…(music swells)

It's Blondie, not Blonde, and he didn't die.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
"Shoot straight you bastards! Don't make a mess of it" - Lt. Harry 'Breaker' Morant
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Some of these are chilling . . . .
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Air New Zealand 901:
[calm]Actually, these conditions don't look very good at all, do they?[/calm]

CRUNCH!!!

Wow, they are quite chilling.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Allah will protect me....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#7]
OST for home
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
"  " - Marcel Marceau  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Air New Zealand 901:

CRUNCH!!!

Yeah, some of them sound awefully weird.

12 Nov 2001 American Airlines 587 What the hell are we into. We're stuck in it.

31 Oct 2000 Singapore Airlines 006 #### something there.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
"I drank what?"

Socrates
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#11]
40 years ago today. Che said to Castro over a cellphone "Fidel we are kicking the capitalist, yankee pigs asses down here. I should be back in Havana in a week.....Please hold Fidel, there is a Bolivian soldier at my door. BANG." :End Of Call....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Air New Zealand 901:

CRUNCH!!!

Yeah, some of them sound awefully weird.

12 Nov 2001 American Airlines 587 What the hell are we into. We're stuck in it.

31 Oct 2000 Singapore Airlines 006 #### something there.

Cue UFO conspiracy theorists.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
“Hey Blonde!  You know what you are?!?!  Just a dirty sonof a…”…(music swells)

It's Blondie, not Blonde, and he didn't die.
OK....

I'll write the last two words spoken by Angel Eyes:

"Why?....

....How?"

His grunts after being shot do not ocunt.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#14]
"I don't want to die like this."

Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Trigun
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#15]
"It is very beautiful over there"

Thomas Edison, as he sat up in his deathbed and looked at the corner of his room.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#16]
et tu brute
~Caesar

Killswitch, I laughed my ass off when I read the Abe lincoln thing.  Your going straight to hell for that.

Save me a seat will ya?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Disregard.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"Shoot straight you bastards! Don't make a mess of it" - Lt. Harry 'Breaker' Morant

Excellent movie, starring one of my favorite actors - see my avatar.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
40 years ago today. Che said to Castro over a cellphone "Fidel we are kicking the capitalist, yankee pigs asses down here. I should be back in Havana in a week.....Please hold Fidel, there is a Bolivian soldier at my door. BANG." :End Of Call....

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#20]
"Shoot straight you bastards!!"

I love that line...

ETA He was a horse breaker by trade
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I predict that Brett Darrow's last words will be "You know I'm filming this conversation, right?"
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
"I don't want to die like this."

Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Trigun

EXCELLENT.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"It is finished"  John 19:30

- Jesus Christ

I perfer "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." Luke 23:46
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Stonewall Jackson and Thomas Edison's last words always gave me hope for some reason or another.

Quoted:

Take a step forward lads - it'll be easier that way.
Robert Erskine Childers, to his firing squad

Childer's also shook hands with all the members of the firing squad. The Free State also killed him while his appeal was still pending.

In the spirit of funny ones:

"Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."  — Oscar Wilde
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
'Here may be found the last words of Joseph of Arimathea. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of aaaaaagggh'

Perhaps he was dictating?

"No idiot, he wouldn't have Written aaaaaaaargghhh, he would have just dropped dead."

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.

especially since there were NO cell phones 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#27]
"oh shit"

"this conversation may be recorded"

"I be back"
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
George Armstrong Custer:

"Where did all these fucking indians come from"?

They had reservations! OH SNAP!!!

Buhhh-zing!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Did you read the article the AP had out making him into some sort of goddam hero.  I mean we can argue communism up and down forever, but that bastard was a murdering sunovabitch.  You don't f*ck around in Latin America espousing ideas of revolution and try creating a civil war and expect it to end nicely.  Damn the liberal rewrite of world history.  He should have been shot long before his half-starved pathetic ass was 40 years ago.  Rant off
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you read the article the AP had out making him into some sort of goddam hero.  I mean we can argue communism up and down forever, but that bastard was a murdering sunovabitch.  You don't f*ck around in Latin America espousing ideas of revolution and try creating a civil war and expect it to end nicely.  Damn the liberal rewrite of world history.  He should have been shot long before his half-starved pathetic ass was 40 years ago.  Rant off
So Che had a cellphone 40 years ago?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of all the profanity in your post, why did you use * for the "u" in the word "fuck?"
Just curious...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gen. John Sedgewick:  Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...

Isn't that the General at Spotsylvania CH, VA who caught one in the grape?

Shot with a rare "bolt gun". Hexagonal rifling and hexagonal-shaped bullet. Incredibly slow reload time even for the era, but crazy accurate at long distances; comparable to a modern rifle, really. Only the Confederacy used them, and gave them to their best sharpshooters.

Sedgewick just happened to be standing right out in the open when a Confederate sniper had a round loaded, and just happened to say the most ironic thing before biting it.

And I believe he was shot in the chest, not the head.

The rifle is called a Whitworth and was made in England.  They also made similar cannons that had an effective range of 10,000 yards.  It was way ahead of its time.

Yup
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
'Here may be found the last words of Joseph of Arimathea. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of aaaaaagggh'

Perhaps he was dictating?

"No idiot, he wouldn't have Written aaaaaaaargghhh, he would have just dropped dead."

The correct reply would be "Oh, shut up." (you went backwards)
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of all the profanity in your post, why did you use * for the "u" in the word "fuck?"
Just curious...

Write a lot of college/academic journals and or articles, you can put any word you want save for the F or S bomb.  Just fall back on old habits, I guess.  Academia is a strange land, luckily I have escaped its grasp for a little while.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#36]
My cousin Larry: Watch this.....is the camera on?...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious...

Write a lot of college/academic journals and or articles, you can put any word you want save for the F or S bomb.  Just fall back on old habits, I guess.  Academia is a strange land, luckily I have escaped its grasp for a little while.

Oh, I gotcha. I'm stuck right in the fuckin middle of that world
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#38]
"I don't deserve this", "Deserving has nothing to do with it".
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
"I don't deserve this", "Deserving has nothing to do with it".

ahh..the Unforgiven.

I'm not sure if it was his last words but:

Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh. -- Marcus Aurelius
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Davy Crockett at the Alamo when he saw the Mexican Army - Is somebody pouring concrete today?

OMFG

Thats sig-line worthy
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
et tu brute
~Caesar

Killswitch, I laughed my ass off when I read the Abe lincoln thing.  Your going straight to hell for that.

Save me a seat will ya?

You'll be sitting with me and the Bay City Rollers. Bring plaid pants.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
et tu brute
~Caesar

Save me a seat will ya?

And you know what hell is folks.  It's Andy Gibb singing Shadow Dancing for eons and eons.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
et tu brute
~Caesar

Save me a seat will ya?

And you know what hell is folks.  It's Andy Gibb singing Shadow Dancing for eons and eons.

HEY! You got the reference!!!

You gets an E-cookie!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Neither I nor Google got the reference, though.  Hints??  (I've seen it before -- I think on SomethingAwful.com -- but I haven't got a clue what it's about.)

Quoted:
"Lincoln, you fucking camper!"

"What?! It's a legitimate strategy!!!" - Abraham Lincoln.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#46]
"Ooh, shiny!"

The bug that hit my windshield today.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.
-Oscar Wilde

I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.
-Leonardo Da Vinci
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#48]
In 1984 an Avianca Airlines jet crashed in Spain. One of the first things crash investigators do is try to locate the "black box" cockpit recorder. In this case they made an eerie discovery. The recorder revealed that several minutes before the crash a computer-synthesized voice from the plane's automatic warning system repeatedly told the flight crew in English, "Pull up, Pull Up".

The pilot must have thought the system was malfunctioning. The black box recorded him saying, "Shut up, Gringo," and then he apparently switched the system off. Minutes later the plane plowed into the side of a mountain and everyone on board died.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
In 1984 an Avianca Airlines jet crashed in Spain. One of the first things crash investigators do is try to locate the "black box" cockpit recorder. In this case they made an eerie discovery. The recorder revealed that several minutes before the crash a computer-synthesized voice from the plane's automatic warning system repeatedly told the flight crew in English, "Pull up, Pull Up".

The pilot must have thought the system was malfunctioning. The black box recorded him saying, "Shut up, Gringo," and then he apparently switched the system off. Minutes later the plane plowed into the side of a mountain and everyone on board died.

I think it is culturally incompatible with reality to have a Spaniard say "Gringo".  Therefore I must hoist the flag:

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it is culturally incompatible with reality to have a Spaniard say "Gringo".  Therefore I must hoist the flag:

Avianca is Colombian - but yeah, I agree.  I have never heard the term Gringo used outside of the Mexican-US context.

More significantly, I find it hard to believe that a recording of their voices would have been preserved but nothing from the flight data recorder with regard to the "automatic warning system."   I'm 99% sure that something as significant as the activation and subsequent turning off of such a warning system would be recorded.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top