Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK P30 9mm
View Quote

Mag release automatically DQ's all HKs, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Glock will probably enter one without finger groves it wouldn't take that much.
View Quote

And then introduce that model to the general public

I can wish, right?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Reviews of the 320 are almost universally great. My personal experience with the P320 Compact 9mm was awesome.. great accuracy, comfortable, sweet trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Side note: The P320 looks like a (hopefully) product-improvement of the epic failure the P250 was... Have they really worked the kinks out?

The concept is intriguing... Dunno about the execution.

Reviews of the 320 are almost universally great. My personal experience with the P320 Compact 9mm was awesome.. great accuracy, comfortable, sweet trigger.

Neat. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

a surprisingly nice and smooth striker

View Quote

Yeah it is. I fired a full size 9mm P320 at an indoor gun range back in May and I really liked how it felt and how it shot in my hands.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wouldn't want them to accidentally professional themselves in the foot would we?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.fbo.gov/utils/view?id=b572bfc31492380c0534465de4c674dc

The list of required features has a definite smell of not-Glock to it.

Wouldn't want them to accidentally professional themselves in the foot would we?

their solicitation prohibits external safeties of any type.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The aversion to a manual safety surprises me.  Not seeing the downside to a properly designed one.
View Quote

This was written to ensure that they continue to utilize Glock pistols, but to nudge Glock into making slight improvements they might otherwise not - integral magwell, high vis follower, no finger grooves, etc.

They are already fielding a 9mm "Tactical" pistol (Class III for all intents and purposes) that is a tricked out Glock 17. Sig and MP have essentially zero chance at adoption, even if the language seems to encourage them. The trigger pull range, magazine witness holes, trigger design, lack of manual safety, etc, etc are built around maintaining the Glock inventory.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought that too.....BUT, the "trigger safety if any must conform to the trigger bow" takes out the Glock as is......BUT...I don't see that that's a deal killer.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everything but the finger grooves says Glock .

I thought that too.....BUT, the "trigger safety if any must conform to the trigger bow" takes out the Glock as is......BUT...I don't see that that's a deal killer.....

I reshape the trigger safety on all my GLOCKs exactly as they describe.  Makes shooting lots of rounds less irritating to my trigger finger.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I reshape the trigger safety on all my GLOCKs exactly as they describe.  Makes shooting lots of rounds less irritating to my trigger finger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everything but the finger grooves says Glock .

do you have a picture? sounds nice
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
*crosses fingers and hopes for a new G19 minus finger grooves*
View Quote

That's kinda what i had in mind.  The 17 and 19 Gen2 frame with the late design ambi mag release, Gen4 backstraps, and flared magwell.  The mags are already molded for it and the mag release parts already exist.  The backstraps just need the size identifier molded in externally - a slight mod of the existing backstraps that could carry over into the red label market as a running change.  Just need to put in a high visibility follower and maybe a basepad with a bit more forward protrusion.

You know damn well that everyone in the non-LEO market would clamor for the "FBI Gun" too.  Actually, a G34 with this frame would make a hell of a competition gun and it would already meet the production quantity requirements of IDPA and IPSC.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Should be either a 45 1911 or a 454 casull. You know, God's gun or a 'real man's' gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aim just sold out of Gen 2 G19's.  Mine is awesome and matches my 2nd Gen G17 perfectly
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like they want Glock to make some small changes (trigger safety reshape, finger groove delete, frame color options).
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Aim just sold out of Gen 2 G19's.  Mine is awesome and matches my 2nd Gen G17 perfectly

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Might want to double check that
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

doesn't matter.
I've carried the same pistol daily for 11 years and I guarantee that I shoot it more than their service pistols.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
whats wrong with what they are using now?
really.
$85,000,000.00?

85 mil is over ten years and covers several different agencies.

doesn't matter.
I've carried the same pistol daily for 11 years and I guarantee that I shoot it more than their service pistols.

Agreed. Make due with what you have, like the rest of America that deals with meeting a budget on a biweekly/monthly basis.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#15]
What about the Beretta APX?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As I mentioned in the other thread, if I were a betting man that's where I'd put my money as the eventual winner in this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actally like the P320

As I mentioned in the other thread, if I were a betting man that's where I'd put my money as the eventual winner in this.

My agency already has them on order. They are the SHIT.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just in time for Mulder and Scully to get in on it
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Let them have whatever they can buy in the city where there office is.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

a 111 pg pdf with no pictures

TLDR
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sounds like they want Glock to make some small changes (trigger safety reshape, finger groove delete, frame color options).
View Quote

Small changes?

This contract would require them to resign their frames establish two new frame production lines for those, redesign the trigger safety and establish a new line for those, and redesign their magazine floor plates and establish a line for those.

I don't see Glock doing all of that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
FS slide on a compact frame hybrid? Sort of like the custom cut downs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are several other guns that could be easily modified to meet the proposal and the M&P meets it as is.....
Doesn't meet the compact pistol requirements. Their spec is no less than 3.75", M&P compact is 3.5".  

FS slide on a compact frame hybrid? Sort of like the custom cut downs.

How about they just take the M&P 9mm, cut the barrel to 3.75, cut a half inch and 2 or 3 rounds off the magazine, and make a glock 19 equivalent

instead of that stupid pinky finger magazine plate.  I would finally buy one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This was written to ensure that they continue to utilize Glock pistols, but to nudge Glock into making slight improvements they might otherwise not - integral magwell, high vis follower, no finger grooves, etc.

They are already fielding a 9mm "Tactical" pistol (Class III for all intents and purposes) that is a tricked out Glock 17. Sig and MP have essentially zero chance at adoption, even if the language seems to encourage them. The trigger pull range, magazine witness holes, trigger design, lack of manual safety, etc, etc are built around maintaining the Glock inventory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The aversion to a manual safety surprises me.  Not seeing the downside to a properly designed one.

You REALLY want to believe, don't you?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Small changes?

This contract would require them to resign their frames establish two new frame production lines for those, redesign the trigger safety and establish a new line for those, and redesign their magazine floor plates and establish a line for those.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small changes?

For $85MM?  I bet they would.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:26:13 PM EDT
[#24]

/thread
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actally like the P320

I'll second this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
H&K should be able to mod the VP9 to an ambidextrous button...if they wanted to bother with it.

Personally I'm a big fan of the levers on H&K handguns. They work very well.
View Quote

VP9 still has finger grooves though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads-up.. just snagged one
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
It's been awhile since I handled one but don't the FN striker guns fit into this list as well?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small changes?

$85M is the maximum. $20M is the minimum.

Let me frame the question another way...

The requirements in this RFP are written in a very specific way to exclude your product. Are you going to invest the resources to modify your product to offer a potential customer something you already know they don't want?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I actally like the P320
View Quote

It's a really nice gun.  If I wasn't so heavily invested in M&P's for 9mm carry and competition, I'd have one in a second.  In a couple of years, I probably will.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ugh.  I hate DAOs...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I actally like the P320

Ugh.  I hate DAOs...

Then you'll be fine because the 320 is striker fired.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Should be either a 45 1911 or a 454 casull. You know, God's gun or a 'real man's' gun.
View Quote

The Women and the Girly Men of the FBI pussed out on the 10 mm already.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#33]
It'll be G17 Gen4 and G19 Gen 4
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know, they were pretty adamant about the no finger grooves thing, considering they underlined and bolded it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Trigger safety language is a +1 to Sig.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Correct choice is correct.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#37]

What's old is new again.  They'll spend a million on some stupid shit, make exceptions for special units and current agents and  then the years from now they'll realize they fucked up... again,  and go back to Glock.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
H&K should be able to mod the VP9 to an ambidextrous button...if they wanted to bother with it.

Personally I'm a big fan of the levers on H&K handguns. They work very well.
View Quote

Yeah. I've never accidentally dropped a mag when using a lever release.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#39]
With Sig's recent track record with pistols and after handling a P320, I wouldn't take one for free.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What's old is new again.  They'll spend a million on some stupid shit, make exceptions for special units and current agents and  then the years from now they'll realize they fucked up... again,  and go back to Glock.
View Quote

Actually $20-85 million but yeah.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#41]
After reading the specs (no finger grooves, ambi, non HK mag release), the P320 was my first thought.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#42]
This is pulled straight from SIG's website.

Introducing the P320, a polymer-framed service pistol designed from the ground up with the input of law enforcement officers. The result is the most operator-safety focused striker duty pistol on the market today.

Taking into account the concerns of military and police training officers, the P320 provides an enhanced level of safety not found on most modern service pistols. Unlike its competitors, the P320 does not require the operator to pull the trigger nor use a special tool to take-down the firearm for cleaning or routine maintenance.

Featuring a modular grip frame and removable fire control assembly pioneered by SIG SAUER, the P320 is customizable to any hand size or duty requirement. The P320 can quickly be converted from a Full-size to a Carry pistol. Slide and barrel conversions allow the P320 to change between calibers and barrel lengths as well. The P320 will be immediately available in 9mm, .40S&W and .357SIG, with .45ACP coming later in 2014.

With a partially pretensioned striker, the P320 has a short, crisp trigger pull with a quick, pronounced reset right out-of-the-box. The P320 comes in two trigger variants: a standard trigger and a tabbed safety trigger for specific law enforcement clients. Featuring the SIG SAUER internal safety system, the P320 has no external safety or decocking lever to snag or hang up on the draw. A frame-mounted thumb safety version will be available for law enforcement needs. Contrast or Night sights come standard, and the reversible magazine release makes the P320 completely ambidextrous.

Whatever the requirement, patrol duty, competition, time at the shooting range, or concealed carry, the P320 brings SIG SAUER legendary reliability, durability, and quality to the polymer-framed, striker-fired duty pistol.

Gee, I wonder if someone retired from the Feeb Quantico firearms range about 2 years ago and then went to work for Sig?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I bet Colt will squander millions to  polish the All American 2000 turd and enter it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
With Sig's recent track record with pistols and after handling a P320, I wouldn't take one for free.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

thats rich, rich indeed
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Did you pay attention to any of the requirements?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't know, they were pretty adamant about the no finger grooves thing, considering they underlined and bolded it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Glock will comply, the FBI contract is the whipped cream AND the cherry. They had good results with the G22/23 they'll end up with Glocks. Holster commonality, mag holders, training, maintenance....
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Sig P320 is looking like the contender to be the real Glock killer, especially if Sig supports it properly.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sig P320 is looking like the contender to be the real Glock killer, especially if Sig supports it properly.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn it!!!  Wife about to be pissed about ANOTHER 2nd Gen G19 inbound.....
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top