Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bet you a case of beer that she didn't "borrow" the flight gear. I have never know people to borrow flight gear. I've been flying in the Navy for almost 8 years.

You're so full of shit!  In what capacity do you fly?  

To the OP, glad your daughter liked it.

I'm a Naval Aircrewman on P-3 Orions with over 2000 Flight hours and multiple deployments under my belt.  I am a Fleet Level instructor at the Fleet replacement squadron and have been flying pretty much my entire Naval Career minus boot camp and A-school.
I am also a certified Private helicopter pilot.
All the Intel and ground pounders run around with there FLight gear in my squadron that they didn't borrow and its one of the main reasons I have a hard time getting the Gear I need to do my job sometimes, that and BHO spending all our taxes on his health care plan and golfing and going on vacations.

Does that answer your question or do I need to get more specific.

That's plenty specific.  With all that experience, you should know better than to talk the shit you did in this thread.  It's a great thing that this girl got a ride.  I wish more Intel officers (and JTAC's) could see things from our perspective.  Don't begrudge her that experience just because you are being jimmy-kicked by the system.  Congratulate the girl, and keep your political views in another thread.  Or, better yet, DON'T say a fucking word on the internet about your current state of readiness.

No shit! looks like someone needs a "reeducation" of how things work, and after further postings by him, he is a jack ass anyway. I'll leave it up you shipmates to square him away.

ETA: holy old thread post, oops, didnt pay enough attention to the last post date.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bet you a case of beer that she didn't "borrow" the flight gear. I have never know people to borrow flight gear. I've been flying in the Navy for almost 8 years.

You're so full of shit!  In what capacity do you fly?  

To the OP, glad your daughter liked it.

I'm a Naval Aircrewman on P-3 Orions with over 2000 Flight hours and multiple deployments under my belt.  I am a Fleet Level instructor at the Fleet replacement squadron and have been flying pretty much my entire Naval Career minus boot camp and A-school.
I am also a certified Private helicopter pilot.
All the Intel and ground pounders run around with there FLight gear in my squadron that they didn't borrow and its one of the main reasons I have a hard time getting the Gear I need to do my job sometimes, that and BHO spending all our taxes on his health care plan and golfing and going on vacations.

Does that answer your question or do I need to get more specific.

That's plenty specific.  With all that experience, you should know better than to talk the shit you did in this thread.  It's a great thing that this girl got a ride.  I wish more Intel officers (and JTAC's) could see things from our perspective.  Don't begrudge her that experience just because you are being jimmy-kicked by the system.  Congratulate the girl, and keep your political views in another thread.  Or, better yet, DON'T say a fucking word on the internet about your current state of readiness.

No shit! looks like someone needs a "reeducation" of how things work, and after further postings by him, he is a jack ass anyway. I'll leave it up you shipmates to square him away.

ETA: holy old thread post, oops, didnt pay enough attention to the last post date.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
"The insecurity level with you guys is ridiculous! "
-Tropic thunder

That quote apply's to this thread a great deal.

To OP, man your daughter is so lucky! im jealous!

cheers!

-Rog
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought this thread was long gone, but since it is not I will post a pic of said daughter. Helmet art deleted because it was a borrowed helmet. She will deploy soon and be on the carrier for at least six months. The wife and I plan to go on the Tiger cruse when they conplete their deployment.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought this thread was long gone, but since it is not I will post a pic of said daughter. Helmet art deleted because it was a borrowed helmet. She will deploy soon and be on the carrier for at least six months. The wife and I plan to go on the Tiger cruse when they conplete their deployment.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/C5starman/ASF.jpg

Your daughter is going to have a great time on the carrier.
Tell her thanks for her service.

I don't know why the P-3 guy was whining about flight gear, the only flight gear a P-3 type needs is a zoom bag, flight boots and a plastic spoon.

You guys are going to have a great time on the tiger cruise.
When you send her care packages put some extra candy in there for her enlisted people.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a Naval Aircrewman on P-3 Orions with over 2000 Flight hours and multiple deployments under my belt.

Come back when you have 5,000+ hours between 4 different aircraft (9 different models spread out amongst them).
So are you an Engineer or are you self loading cargo.  

Was it tough fighting the Japanese back in the day?

1,200 hours in A-3's, 2,300 hours in C-12's, 1,400 hours in C-130's and 300 hours in E-6B's with time in H-1's, H-3's, an A-7, NKC-135A's and an EC-24A.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why the P-3 guy was whining about flight gear, the only flight gear a P-3 type needs is a zoom bag, flight boots and a plastic spoon.

When you send her care packages put some extra candy in there for her enlisted people.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't laugh... we can't even trust them with sporks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't laugh... we can't even trust them with sporks.

I know, I had to fly in one once.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sir Yes Sir!!!
you are absolutely right on all counts and I should have known better than to disagree with you. Permission to carry on?

Fix your attitude. Unfuck yourself Sailor!

Fixed

Here's something for the "deprived aircrew" boy, should help with jealousy too.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sir Yes Sir!!!
you are absolutely right on all counts and I should have known better than to disagree with you. Permission to carry on?

Fix your attitude. Unfuck yourself Sailor!

Fixed

Here's something for the "deprived aircrew" boy, should help with jealousy too.

<a href="http://img246.imageshack.us/i/packagecj2.gif/" target="_blank">http://a.imageshack.us/img246/6492/packagecj2.gif</a>

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuckin' Airedale Wingnuts...
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Says the frustrated blackshoe in an ANG man loving world.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm back what'd I miss?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm back what'd I miss?

You were gone?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Congrats to your daughter on her familiarizatiion ride.

I managed to get one about 41 years ago as a weapons controller student.  We were learning to run ground controlled intercepts as new 2nd Lts.

The bird we used for our live training missiions was the old F-80.  We would have two of them up flying 500 ' vertical separation, and flying a zig zag pattern intercepting at a 110 degree crossing angle.  It amazed me how hard it was to spot the other plane, how quickly the size increased and how quickly it dissapeared.

I did get a few minutes of stick time and for someone who had only flow commercial twice before that it was a hoot.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#20]
First of all, thank your daughter for her service to our country. Thanks to the rest of you also for your service and past service to our country. Glad she got a ride. I was fortunate to get a ride in an F-16 about 20 years ago while I was stationed in Germany. I rode in the back seat on a regular training mission. We did some dog fighting and nap of the earth flying. Good stuff. God Bless all our men and women in the military and I pray they all come home safe and sound.

PS. I borrowed all the flight gear.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top