Please post pics.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Money shot!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not just no, but FUCK NO!

You would have tons of emotional and, most probably, financial baggage that would follow you around till you died.

+1!!!!!

This woman is a self-absorbed yuppie whacko who has never grown up. A child is not a choice- it's a human being, not a hood ornament or trophy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would have tons of emotional and, most probably, financial baggage that would follow you around till you died.

+1!!!!!

This woman is a self-absorbed yuppie whacko who has never grown up. A child is not a choice- it's a human being, not a hood ornament or trophy.

amen!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah....... I hafta go with "no".

Even anonymous donors are being found when they didn't want to be.  You would be in the spot btween the rock and the hardplace.

Either scenario is a worst case.

A. You don't want anything to do with the kid, and end up having it forced upon you. i.e. payments or the kid finds out about you. Either case, relationship with your friend goes bad.

B. You end up wanting involvement with the kid, and she keeps you out of his/her life.  Teaches kid to resent you, and your relationship with your friend goes bad.

I'm just saying..... it does not sound like a good place to be......
but the Jerry Springer forum is that way ------------------>

Good luck.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would never father a child with a woman who doesn't understand--or care about--the role of a father in a child's life.  Very sad she is--her child will be just another adornment to satisfy her selfish desires.  

It is sad that a true family is so under appreciated these days.

GM
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Do not be her sperm donor.

If she wants a kid, she should find a FATHER (as opposed to sperm donor). The father can raise the child along with mom in a healthy, loving environment.

She has had a great career, which I respect, but such things can have their costs on family life. She needs to understand that.

Quoted:
Basic Background:

She and I are both 36, have known each other 17 years, still good friends. She lives in NYC, makes over 150K per year, owns her own apartment, well invested portfolio. She is gearing up to make a withdrawl from the sperm bank so she can have the baby she wants, her clock is ticking.
She askes me to be the donor, as I am good breeding stock.

While I will no doubt be a figure in her child's life, what if that child is half from me?
Neither of us have any desire for marriage, it would actually destroy our relationship, we know this.

What would you do?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally... if you have no legal obligations to the child and you know your friend can mentally remove you from that obligation... I would do it.

Reasons:
So many cr*ppy kids being bred in the world, at least you'd know one more coming in the world has decent genes.
I love some of my friends to death, and if they were old and in that situation, I wouldn't mind giving them something else worth living for.

Most will disagree, but I can't say I'd do it for sure, but I can't say I'd rule it out either.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell, no.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would never father a child with a woman who doesn't understand--or care about--the role of a father in a child's life.  Very sad she is--her child will be just another adornment to satisfy her selfish desires.  

Most intelligent post thus far.  I agree wholeheartedly.

Merlin
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I would probably do it.

However just to cover your ass you should get a contract and as a bonus make her pay you money, and do it in person.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Your "friend" needs a swift kick in the ass.

I cannot comprehend being that selfish.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Do NOT have a kid with anyone you don't want to marry and have a family with!

Trust me on that one...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Sure, but the terms of the deal should be that you get to go balls deep, otherwise no deal.

But seriously, if you aren't willing to marry her (or vice-versa), you shouldn't be having kids with her.  If she wants you to be a father then she should marry you.  If she doesn't want to marry you then she should have to get sperm from a stranger whom she doesn't know at all.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree with a lot of the comments here.  She's probably got selfish motivations.

Sure she has a great job, makes tons of money and has a good portfolio, so she can probably financially provide for a kid... but she gained such most likely at the expense of her personal life.  She sacrificed getting out there and finding a good man and having a real relationship for her career.  I'd be willing to bet she wouldn't change her work pace after having a kid - she'd have a nanny, and then send the kid off to daycare so she can make her board meetings.  

That would really leave the kid being more like a car payment to her.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Tell her to talk to this guy:

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#19]
BTW, tell her to get a f--kin cat instead of a kid. That way it can s--t in a box, lay in the sun and she can follow her career. She needs to grow up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#20]
A child should have two parents.  No.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Would he really end up getting stuck with child support if he donated his sperm to her?

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Tell her to talk to this guy:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-3/963911/crosby.jpg

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#24]
what would Ron Jeremy do?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#27]
How can you tell if you have a high sperm count?

Your girlfriend has to chew before swallowing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, I'm late to the party, but I'm singing the same song....

Run.  Now.  Quickly.  Don't read any more of this post.  Just say NO.  Why are you still here?  You should be running away.  

Woody
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Basic Background:

She and I are both 36, have known each other 17 years, still good friends. She lives in NYC, makes over 150K per year, owns her own apartment, well invested portfolio. She is gearing up to make a withdrawl from the sperm bank so she can have the baby she wants, her clock is ticking.
She askes me to be the donor, as I am good breeding stock.

While I will no doubt be a figure in her child's life, what if that child is half from me?
Neither of us have any desire for marriage, it would actually destroy our relationship, we know this.

What would you do?

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Go out and buy her a house first, then if you still feel like donating sperm then promise her enough money to pay for a college education...

You should snap out of this soon...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+ 1,000
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#32]
BAIL OUT!

BAIL OUT!

EJECT!

EJECT!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#33]
If you do decide to do this, speak to an attorney and make some kind of contract that she has to sign.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
www.frayadjacent.com/pics/forumfun/itsatrap.jpg

In the new Star Wars Empire at War game, when you give Ackbar orders to move his ship, one of the things he says is "Beware of traps!"

I laughed.

Oh yeah, RUN!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
RUN
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't believe you'd even consider this! Wake up!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#37]
- She's past proper breeding age, in my opinion. When her kid is 16, she'll be 52, for crying out loud! It's generally not natural to have kids that late in life.
- If a child is so important to her, she should find a better place to raise a child. It sounds to me like this kid would simply be an "accessory" to her, as she's evidently already made her "career" a priority over children.
- You shouldn't do it unless it's a self-deposit, you have a very shit-proof legal contract, and... you've got a vasectomy. Though, thinking about it, a self-deposit with a contract just might be prostitution - in which case, don't.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#38]
This decision is totally up to you, INI; but personally, I could never go without seeing a child of mine.

If I were to have a kid, I'd want to be a part of their lives. Thus, I could not do as your ex asks if I were you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
This decision is totally up to you, INI; but personally, I could never go without seeing a child of mine.

If I were to have a kid, I'd want to be a part of their lives. Thus, I could not do as your ex asks if I were you.

Excellent post.  

HH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Wanted: A Few Good Sperm

By JENNIFER EGAN
Published: March 19, 2006

One day last October, Karyn, a 39-year-old executive, pulled her online dating profile off JDate and Match.com, two sites she had been using, along with an endless series of leads, tips and blind dates arranged by friends and colleagues, to search for a man she wanted to marry and raise a family with.
link to article in NY Times

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Wanted: A Few Good Sperm

By JENNIFER EGAN
Published: March 19, 2006

One day last October, Karyn, a 39-year-old executive, pulled her online dating profile off JDate and Match.com, two sites she had been using, along with an endless series of leads, tips and blind dates arranged by friends and colleagues, to search for a man she wanted to marry and raise a family with.
link to article in NY Times

There is something seriously wrong with those cunts...

"I would probably choose somebody with a darker skin color so I don't have to slather sunblock on my kid all the time.
I want it to be a healthy mix.
You know how mixed dogs are always the nicest and the friendliest and the healthiest?
If you get a clear race, they have all the problems.
Mutts are always the friendly ones, the intelligent ones, the ones who don't bark and have a good character.
I want a mutt."

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#43]
You asked for advice - here it is:  DON'T DO IT.
As others have noted, a child needs two parents.  Thebeekeeper is spot on with this one.

Also, from 10 seconds of searching on Google:

Court orders sperm donor to pay child support despite verbal agreement
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Once you agree, you assume full responsibility for the outcome. If you agree to father the child, you will always be accountable. You would be liable for any damage the child may inflict, even in your absence.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Just what this world needs.  More kids growing up without a full set of parents.

Its wrong.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I base the following on assuming that although she's your ex-girlfriend, you and her are still somewhat good friends.

I think it's a bad idea simply because it would undoubably change your relationship with her. If she still is a friend of yours, it would compromise your friendship.

Then again, look at yourself and see if you can handle it if she got her child from another person. How would you feel about that? Try to give that some serious thought.

Also, ask yourself WHY she chose to ask you. And don't always believe what she says, because even if she thinks she's telling the truth, her subconcious might disagree.

Lastly: Don't resort to or rely on ARFCOM for life-altering decisions like this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Personally, I would walk away with sincere apologies...My personal take is that a "donor" should be anonymous, otherwise you need to be a "Daddy".

I don't mean any inuslt by this...it's just that I pesonally wouldn't want to be a "shadow figure"..I'm either in or (anonymous) out...

YMMV

More and more it is getting harder to have "anonymous" sperm donation- once the offspring is an adult they often have medical questions, not to mention the wondering "who is my dad?"

If you want to do it-   go see a lawyer and ask him the implications or ask his advice for a contract.

its the only way to be sure.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#49]
i would

not a good idea, women are always up to something and whne the kid get anoyying to her she will get pissed and then satrt thinking of things she could do and you will be the primary objective subject

just say NO dude
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top