Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:23:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 2
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How is SOF going to deal with a basij force of 1,000,000 fighting aged males? Not to mention the half million active duty military. Sabotaging AAA wont work on those guys. You just going to bomb them? They're in every mosque on every street corner in every town and village.

What about their AAA? I don't know exact figures, but I watch a good bit of Persian news, and they seem to be unveiling a new or improved AA system every other week. Imported stuff and homegrown stuff. And it's a fairly tight network too.

How about their navy? Good luck finding all those midget subs. They can literally pop up beside a carrier group without anyone ever knowing until they've been spotted visually. They can close the straight whenever it pleases them and they will.

Sorry, but your theory just sounds ridiculous. It would be a major undertaking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you seriously need to read up on the history of the invasion of Iraq. It started with very small SOF teams going out in the desert and destroying Iraq's air defenses, followed by days of hellish bombing from the air force and navy. It's because of the work of a few green berets and combat controllers that the initial invasion saw so few casualties. What you saw on live television was so successful because of a very small number of very ballsy guys who paved the way.

whatever man. This isn't Iraq circa 1991. Iran has been studying our TTP's since the gulf war. They have a plan and our SOF won't cut it.

And you don't think that SOCOM has some new stuff in their bag of tricks? Surely you're not suggesting that SOF is obsolete. It sure wasn't obsolete in 2003.

How is SOF going to deal with a basij force of 1,000,000 fighting aged males? Not to mention the half million active duty military. Sabotaging AAA wont work on those guys. You just going to bomb them? They're in every mosque on every street corner in every town and village.

What about their AAA? I don't know exact figures, but I watch a good bit of Persian news, and they seem to be unveiling a new or improved AA system every other week. Imported stuff and homegrown stuff. And it's a fairly tight network too.

How about their navy? Good luck finding all those midget subs. They can literally pop up beside a carrier group without anyone ever knowing until they've been spotted visually. They can close the straight whenever it pleases them and they will.

Oh good.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:26:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Four!

That's high praise, indeed!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I award this thread four anal beads.  

Congrats!

Four!

That's high praise, indeed!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Jade helm stole my el camino!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:38:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is terrible, my main man!

Jesus will build you a hot rod. The Ministry is quite clear on this!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:43:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

But, did you get better?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:55:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw this on the interstate today.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:42:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Some of you seriously need to read up on the history of the invasion of Iraq. It started with very small SOF teams going out in the desert and destroying Iraq's air defenses, followed by days of hellish bombing from the air force and navy. It's because of the work of a few green berets and combat controllers that the initial invasion saw so few casualties. What you saw on live television was so successful because of a very small number of very ballsy guys who paved the way.
View Quote
You mean Kuwait?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:56:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You mean Kuwait?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean Kuwait?  

No man Iraq, we never went to war with no country named Kuwait.
Marshal Law was the green beret who lead the attack.
Read a book or something man.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#10]
We were due for a new JH thread.  It had been like 10 hours.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean Kuwait?  

Triggered
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:01:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Triggered
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean Kuwait?  

Triggered

Oh shit me triggering you caused me to trigger!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:03:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean Kuwait?  

Triggered

Thank goodness my safe-space has wi-fi.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:05:17 AM EDT
[#14]
This doesnt even garner my typical lol

OP, you get the full on "El OHH FUCKING EL"

Good job, this award is very rarely seen.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:09:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Not a chance 0bama is going to hit Iran (with the real president, Valerie Jarret, calling the shots) or anywhere else.

I still have my "Republic of Cortina" ID cards from JRTC & that was over 20 years ago - sometimes they just make up names.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#16]
May the hair on your feet never fall out But you might want to lay off the weed my friend
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:54:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Join date, post count.
View Quote
word

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Interesting choice of states for the exercise...

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Apropo of nothing, I suppose, but the link in the OP caused me to go to the Wikipedia page for USS John C. Stennis, wherein I discovered the following paragraph:

On 12 November 2001, two months earlier than scheduled, the ship left on her third deployment to the U.S. Fifth Fleet area of responsibility in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, returning to San Diego on 28 May 2002. On the way home she stopped in Fremantle, Australia where her sailors wore out the sex workers at a local brothel, forcing it to close temporarily.  From June 2002 to January 2003, JCS underwent a seven-month Planned Incremental Availability (PIA).
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I said it. Read the OP. I think it's Iran.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like some of you guys are too young to remember the initial Iraq invasion. Put down the nintendo, read a book or two, then come talk to me when you have something intelligent to say.

Did any of you smartasses even read the article? Our flagship carrier is sitting on the biggest ordnance onload in history. The geopolitical situation abroad is in full meltdown. And SOCOM is holding a massive exercise practicing to invade a foreign country.

And we have a POTUS who ain't gonna do jack shit. Traitorous closeted muslim who has a hard on for Iran getting nukes. So scratch Iran from the list.

Who exactly do you suppose is the target? Just say it.

I said it. Read the OP. I think it's Iran.

Aren't you special.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#21]

So this is a plot by Mexico?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So should we just wait until Iran gets nuclear weapons then? Like I said, you can rest assured that DARPA has some new toys for our guys to play with over there. They have a sat system that can track any sub at any depth, and that's just what they're willing to tell us about. Just imagine what kind of technology exists. I guarantee you that we're light years ahead of Iran. IMO, you're overestimating Iran's abilities, and drastically underestimating ours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

whatever man. This isn't Iraq circa 1991. Iran has been studying our TTP's since the gulf war. They have a plan and our SOF won't cut it.

And you don't think that SOCOM has some new stuff in their bag of tricks? Surely you're not suggesting that SOF is obsolete. It sure wasn't obsolete in 2003.

So should we just wait until Iran gets nuclear weapons then? Like I said, you can rest assured that DARPA has some new toys for our guys to play with over there. They have a sat system that can track any sub at any depth, and that's just what they're willing to tell us about. Just imagine what kind of technology exists. I guarantee you that we're light years ahead of Iran. IMO, you're overestimating Iran's abilities, and drastically underestimating ours.

Rofl

You're on drugs.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:48:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Apropo of nothing, I suppose, but the link in the OP caused me to go to the Wikipedia page for USS John C. Stennis, wherein I discovered the following paragraph:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

On 12 November 2001, two months earlier than scheduled, the ship left on her third deployment to the U.S. Fifth Fleet area of responsibility in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, returning to San Diego on 28 May 2002. On the way home she stopped in Fremantle, Australia where her sailors wore out the sex workers at a local brothel, forcing it to close temporarily.  From June 2002 to January 2003, JCS underwent a seven-month Planned Incremental Availability (PIA).
Yea my ship hit port after being in stand by supporting OEF for six months cutting gator squares after the stennis.  It was more than one just one brothel they wore out.  Most were closed when we showed up.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Valerie jarrett will not allow any military action against iran
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hammermill thread.
View Quote

Love the avatar. I was just there last summer, and oh, the memories.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dude, please cut out the childish conspiracy theory BS. This is a discussion about current events, not about some sovereign citizen mumbo jumbo. I'm not going to entertain conspiracy theories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have you noticed an increase of chemtrails over your compound?

Any FEMA trains?

Dude, please cut out the childish conspiracy theory BS. This is a discussion about current events, not about some sovereign citizen mumbo jumbo. I'm not going to entertain conspiracy theories.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:29:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Jade Helm 15 likely is preparation for war.  We have been at constant war for many years. I don't see that changing, I don't think the .mil does either, so you prepare and train.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#29]
They are prepping to secure the cities in Saudi Arabia until the royal family can escape with all their shit once their people's EBT cards quit working.

TC
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was asking around, none of us know an SF guy who went into Iraq in Jan/Feb 03 named Marshal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean Kuwait?  

I was asking around, none of us know an SF guy who went into Iraq in Jan/Feb 03 named Marshal.

He was there to record new cadences with his ODA.  They had to remove their CIBs and jump wings to maintain plausible deniability.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#31]
jade helm thread
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Fuck the haters!

Please, do continue.
View Quote
At least he has them actually going overseas and not taking down Texas.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#33]
True fact.  Elgin was chosen because of the spectacular local BBQ.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#35]

This.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Bad news, Frodo... Sauron just found you.

You seem ... familiar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you've seen the Jade Helm map from the press release, then you may have noticed that the CJSOTF is going to be located at Elgin. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Then there are going to be two SOTFs. The first one is at Camp Shelby. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.

http://navaltoday.com/2015/01/16/uss-john-c-stennis-fills-up-ammunition-supply/

You seem ... familiar.

I love this place
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#37]
IBTL of another stupid fucking Jade Helm thread.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Since "LOL" seems insufficient...

Guffaw.

Did you skip summer school today?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#39]
A Jade Helm thread that isn't really a Jade Helm thread, and the resident retards are skipping right past reading to jump the OP's shit.

While the OP's scenario may not be legit, at least he's looking at tangible real world applications of JH and not the tinfoil stuff, and y'all are lumping him in with the chemtrails idiots.

Can't keep these fuckers happy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you've seen the Jade Helm map from the press release, then you may have noticed that the CJSOTF is going to be located at Elgin. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Then there are going to be two SOTFs. The first one is at Camp Shelby. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.

You seem ... familiar.

lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

Uncanny.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

Nice.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#43]
What about Stennis Space Center in southern Mississippi?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#44]

O'Berrick isn't going to attack Iran.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You know ALL training like this is training for major action abroad right? Even when there isn't anything going on?  It's why they call it training...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What do you guys think?
View Quote

This guy thinks, "teener thread ".
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Nope
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Hobbit thread, 2nd cousin once removed from Hammermill?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Re-registered banned member
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top