i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/shop_rat45/zero.jpg

+1.

GM>all!
(that's for you shop_rat!)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Every time I buy a Ford Super Duty pickup I help put Toyota dock workers out of a job because Ford makes the best full-size work trucks...while Toyota still puts out 9/10 scale pickups.

My profession and penis are OK with that.

My profession is not OK with that, We NEED a truck than can haul a load properly, and to capacity, so we buy Dodge, Chev, and Ford.

None of my personal vehicles are foreign makes, and they never will be, I want my money to stay in North American economies.

as for Penis being happy, well, i don't fuck trucks, so my Penis has no say in the matter, for the rest of you pervs, get help
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Pass the popcorn!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

GM>all!
(that's for you shop_rat!)

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The way I see it, they're all made by humans and or machines that were made and programmed by humans. Anybody can fuck up and have a bad day.

Besides, Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, etc... none of them make the tires, the wiring harnesses, the glass, the knobs, the seats, the brakes, etc, etc. These parts all come from individual companies that supply the makers with the parts. I think what it comes down to is who employs the better person. Based on that it looks like Toyota has been the leader there for quite some time.

Oh yeah, Toyota isn't a union company. her
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The way I see it, they're all made by humans and or machines that were made and programmed by humans. Anybody can fuck up and have a bad day.

Besides, Ford, Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, etc... none of them make the tires, the wiring harnesses, the glass, the knobs, the seats, the brakes, etc, etc. These parts all come from individual companies that supply the makers with the parts. I think what it comes down to is who employs the better person. Based on that it looks like Toyota has been the leader there for quite some time.

Oh yeah, Toyota isn't a union company. In other words... the USA car plants are stuck with shit employees who are protected by their baseball bat weilding union boss.

I wish my Union boss used a bat. Maybe we could get some stuff done!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
....you put an American dock worker out of a job. And an American car hauler driver, an American Toyota / Honda / Nissan etc  car sales man, auto repair mechanic, etc

Half your "American" Fords are built in Canada and Mexico. That's right - the Canada that bashes American politics, and the Mexican gov't that encourages its people to violate American laws and cross our borders.

So get off your high horse, and your holier than thou attitude.

It ain't all as simple as you make it out to be.

The big issue is that the profits go to an American company and not over seas.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Not much in the foreign lineup I like thats within the "reasonable" range.

Few domestics but nothing that I really want, like the charger but its kinda big, GM doesnt seem to want my buisness around here
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
....you put an American dock worker out of a job. And an American car hauler driver, an American Toyota / Honda / Nissan etc  car sales man, auto repair mechanic, etc

Half your "American" Fords are built in Canada and Mexico. That's right - the Canada that bashes American politics, and the Mexican gov't that encourages its people to violate American laws and cross our borders.

The big issue is that the profits go to an American company and not over seas.

My pocket is not overseas.  I own stock in some of those companies and the money stays in the US.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

I can see what you're saying. However, it's my money that's being spent and after the purchase I really have no way of knowing what the seller does with the money. For all I know he/she makes a foreign purchase with it.  

It's a global economy now. Gone are the days of the 1930's, 40's, etc., where there was very few if any imported items.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What mindless bullshit.

+100

What next, don't buy Mercedes?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They did make some nice planes, didnt they.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My dad almost died many times in the USN in the 40's trying to liberate the Phillipines from those assholes. I'll be Goddammed if I'm gonna buy a car from them.

Oh please.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What mindless bullshit.

Gotta keep the pot stirred every now and then. I don't do it that often, except these threads.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My dad almost died many times in the USN in the 40's trying to liberate the Phillipines from those assholes. I'll be Goddammed if I'm gonna buy a car from them.

Times change.  So you would rather support the economy of the Mexicans and Canadians instead of our own?

My grandfather WAS killed by them.   Not almost.   But most of those dudes are dead.   With all things being equal would I buy Japanese? No.  But things are not equal.  So called American car companies put out a subpar product and is burdened with a parasitic UAW.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#19]

I don't buy cars,from anyone.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've had F-150's since 1990....I've never been in the dealer for a repair and drive the things for work everyday with at least 20 customer stops. Now my 1989 Toyota 4x4 truck on the other hand I took it for a drive through a cold stream on a hot day and the rotors warped,  The damn thing had 12,000 miles but the guy told me the rotors on 2wd and 4wd are the same and I shouldn't do what I did.....so MY experience with Ford and Toyota are quite different than yours I'm sure but it's MY money I'm spending.

I can understand that.

I lived in Cali at the time and drove to the corp hq for Toyota, they told me to pound sand.
Idiots.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Soon the Chinese car company will be selling here.  Within 5 years or so it should take away a lot of the business current auto manufacturers get here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Actually, you wouldn't be. They're all dead now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Why all the sour grapes from everyone?!?!

Seriously, the shareholders get the $ arguement only holds water if the bulk of the shareholders are US citizens....are they?  Honestly, I'm asking.  I don't know.  But I suspect the bulk of foreign company shareholders are...gasp...foreign.  That means not US, so again, the bulk of the profits go somewhere else.

Again, what do I know.  But it does seem that many have an axe to grind when arguing their position.  I have no dog in this fight, except for my interest in this contry doing well.  I do not work for anyone other than this country.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

But you would marry one?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'd push a Ford before I bought a Japanese truck...JUST TO SPITE ALL OF YOU!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Soon the Chinese car company will be selling here.  Within 5 years or so it should take away a lot of the business current auto manufacturers get here.

That I would be totally against!! Why, read my long post on page 2.

Everything else is produced there, with loads of people saying how great it is.  The Chinese cars will be wonderful.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everything else is produced there, with loads of people saying how great it is.  The Chinese cars will be wonderful.

Rolling deathtraps.

I think they will be junky for a couple years, like early Japanese vehicles were.  Given 5 years, their theft of intellectual property, their rising economy, and limitless cheap labor and they will be turning out excellent cars.

Supposedly not just low priced vehicles either. From what I read they will be turning out high end vehicles comparable with Mercedes/BMW/Etc for around 20k less per car.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rolling deathtraps.

I think they will be junky for a couple years, like early Japanese vehicles were.  Given 5 years, their theft of intellectual property, their rising economy, and limitless cheap labor and they will be turning out excellent cars.

Supposedly not just low priced vehicles either. From what I read they will be turning out high end vehicles comparable with Mercedes/BMW/Etc for around 20k less per car.

I hear their copy of the Mercedes 1992-1999 S-class (w140 model) is a pretty nice car.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I thought it was everytime you buy an american car god kills a kitten/puppy.

You ahve to break the truth S-L-O-W-L-Y to some people.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Our economy is WAY too complex and intertwined with global factors to use an outdated mentality of foreign vs. domestic.

OK, I got cha. But doesn't the bulk of profits for foriegn companies get sent to those foreign countries?  

No its goes to the shareholders a VAST number of which are Americans.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
JAP

Made in Toledo, Ohio!
www.hunt101.com/img/339137.JPG

And repaired most everywhere else.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd push a Ford before I bought a Japanese truck...JUST TO SPITE ALL OF YOU!

It'll save you money on a gym membership.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Our economy is WAY too complex and intertwined with global factors to use an outdated mentality of foreign vs. domestic.

OK, I got cha. But doesn't the bulk of profits for foriegn companies get sent to those foreign countries?  

No its goes to the shareholders a VAST number of which are Americans.

OK. What is your proof?  You have a source?  Or just guessing.  I know many Americans derive $ from foreign profits, but I still say that more shareholders of, lets say Japanese companies are Japanese, not American.  SOme Americans?  Sure, but I hazard a guess not the majority, so your arguement is weak.

I would say the VAST majority of stockholders of American car companies are Americans.  All?  No, certainly not.  But a majority...so the majority of the profits go HERE.

I guess it s a perspective thing....you can squint your eyes to see what you want with any issue....depends if you want to have your eyes open or closed.....

Cheers!  Have a great week!

easysixonezero out.  (and to bed!)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:
OK. What is your proof?  You have a source?  Or just guessing.  

It is SELF EVIDENT that Toyota, Honda etc have a HUGE number of American shareholders.

But because that which is self-evidence is compeltely missed by some people, I offer you this -

Look at Lordtraders psot (he's an investment guru)  -

See the "Dodge and Cox" fund?  It holds several of the major foreign automakers securities.

ALL of my co-workers have made a KILLING on theDodge and Cox fund.

Ergo, TOyota / Honda profits go to MY FRIENDS and yours - people we know, live near, work with.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Buy/drive what the #### you want and shut the #### up!

That said,I'm with Wolfpack!!!

My last PU ( '90 Ford) went 240,000 and was NEVER in the shop.Wife had bought a Nissan in mid 80s that was a total POS.
That said,good and bad in all.American manufactures really closed the gap years ago.Remember when nothing hardly ever went 100,000?

Just can't see myself owning/driving a foreign car.No interest.Sorry.Must be a relic.Plus,with all this fart canned asshats running around,I'd be a dick by association.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm a Jeep man...it's mostly American
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Good info, thanks.  Again, as stated I ain't no expert in finance and appreciate your knowledge and the info provided.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#47]
This thread sucks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Every time I buy a Chevy I remind Ford that they can't build shit.

Yeah, because GM represents the pinnacle of quality control

That's the funniest thing I have heard all year.

No American automaker is currently matching the quality control of made in Japan Japanese cars, although there aren't many of those any more. Seems being made in an American factory decreases quality control, no matter what the brand.

But Chevy? Man that's funny.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#49]
So what, I still want my Corvette Z06.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#50]
That's an amazing statement. Ford Super "Shit" Duty is probably the most pathetic shit littering the highways today. I drove Fords for 32 years & the Super Duty F-350 (brand new) was my last try. Before you ask what  I do for a living, I'm a general contractor with a commercial plowing business, it's not a Sunday driver. Ford is a underpowered piece of shit.

Quoted:
Every time I buy a Ford Super Duty pickup I help put Toyota dock workers out of a job because Ford makes the best full-size work trucks...while Toyota still puts out 9/10 scale pickups.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top