[#4]
Quoted:
Um...no.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Absolutely NOT!

that..

I think someone got their account hacked.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
No....I've never felt like that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
No.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No.

Shit no man.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think one of the reasons I got into shooting is cause my house was burglarized while I was asleep in my bed when I was fourth grade. That freaked me out. My parents were anti gun liberals and the only way to get guns into the house was to take the "sport shooting" angle. I did skeet trap sporting clays and stuff. As I hit 18 I started buying evil rifle and got into formal "tactical" training. At 21 I got my handgun permit and started doing handgun and CCW based training.

I think for a good portion of my life I was afraid being victim of a crime again and tried to solve it with hardware. At this point I'm not afraid anymore and I guess realizing that hardware isn't going to solve a software issue. On two separate occasions I came extremely close to getting jumped by guys who had superiority in both size and numbers. I can remember thinking afterwards "what the fuck are the tricked out ARs sitting in my safe doing to make me any safer?"

But then again I could be loosing my fucking mind.

you're not. I have pared down significantly. I'm trying to do even more so. amassing a shit load of gear is in my opinion a waste. been there done that. being proficient with what you have far outweighs have additional hardware. I will disagree on only a revolver but I can see the merit in a 3 gun (pistol, rifle, shotgun) assortment.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't have much of a collection.

As badly as I want to have one I'm planning on tricking out my AR15, getting a suppressor for my Glock 19, a ton of ammo, magazines, a solid gear set up (Plates, NODs, IR lasers, the works), and just train with that.

What good are 20 rifles/pistols when they are only useful during the day or you can only shoot them once every few months?

I'd rather be good with one rifle/pistol combo than suck with 20 rifles and pistols.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't have much of a collection.

As badly as I want to have one I'm planning on tricking out my AR15, getting a suppressor for my Glock 19, a ton of ammo, magazines, a solid gear set up (Plates, NODs, IR lasers, the works), and just train with that.

What good are 20 rifles/pistols when they are only useful during the day or you can only shoot them once every few months?

I'd rather be good with one rifle/pistol combo than suck with 20 rifles and pistols.

Good point.

Still, I am going to keep on collecting as much as I can. They don't call it BRD for nothing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
No. Have firearms I purchased, just because I could, shot them once, cleaned them, locked in safe.
Occasionally, I get to thinking, just need a few rifles, pistols, and shotguns, thin out the collection.
But I would miss my 'Babies.'
AND, to replace a few would cost far more than what I paid for them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Warning Warning Warning.  Does not compute.  Does not compute.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What type of scenario do you foresee having or being able to use this type of set up?

I was moving towards a set up like that but then after a few bad experiences I've decided to just focus on fitness, BJJ/MMA, and handgun skills.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:52:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Sometimes, I do. I've sold/traded enough guns over the years. I don't want to do that anymore. I'm trying to buy more selective in what I acquire to avoid the buyer's remorse that sometimes sets in after hours, days, weeks, or months.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Fuck no! That's not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
No, but then again I own less firearms than the average Arfcommer probably carries at one time to the grocery store...
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Um...no.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Have you lost your fucking mind?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
purchasing a J frame or two, and just focus on training? This whole gear selection stuff makes my head hurt. The more formal training I do the more I want to simplify. I'm always amazed at how instructors are solving problems with software instead of more hardware.

I am in the process of simplifying. I've owned so many different guns. After it all I've always come back to the stuff I've shot the best and I'm most comfortable with.

I sold the whole deal, (less my family heirlooms) and I'm buying a Glock 17 for carry, and two Daniel Defense M4 V5's and I'm going to spend the rest on ammo and training. I figure having a few high quality rifles and being proficient with them is more important than having a whole mismash of shit.

ETA: Oh and start hitting the gym like I should.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
We need an old priest and an young priest.................. Thepower of Chirst compels you!!!!

Feel better yet OP?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:01:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I've sold a bunch of guns recently. It wasn't because I wanted to.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I am getting ready to move quite a few guns out of my collection, but only because I need more money for motorcycles.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#24]
NO

Keep guns, purchase a J frame or two (if you want) and focus on training
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:09:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes,do it.Do it...... for the children. Whatcha got I may be interested.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:15:39 AM EDT
[#26]
My collection is almost done. All I have left to acquire is an HK USP 45 and a semi-auto .308.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the fuck would you choose a revolver as your only firearm?
A J Frame woul be an excellent choice for a only firearm.
There are a lot of people that would argue that a J frame would solve the vast majority of self defense scenarios seen by a civilian in the US.

I just turned 27 and baring joining the military or becoming a cop I think the odds of me getting into a gunfight are very low. Getting into a gunfight with a rifle is probably even more miniscule in probability.

ETA: Maybe I am having a quarter life crisis or maybe I am getting bored with guns. I like shooting, and I like training but cleaning, maintaining, and constantly getting gear isn't fun.

Well, then don't.  Although it is a practical hobby, being a gun nut IS a hobby.  If you're not having fun, downselect to the practical tools and leave it at that.  If, for you, that means a J-frame, knock yourself out.  I personally think we can do better than 140-year-old technology for self-defense, but that's a personal choice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Have you lost your fucking mind?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Sometimes I feel like selling everything else, but not my guns.

Maybe a couple of guns.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:35:52 AM EDT
[#30]
A 5 or 6 shot revolver vs a G19/26 ?

I'll take the Glock any day of the week, the little j-frame will conceal better but I'll take the higher cap and faster reloading of the Glock

There's nothing wrong with consolidating, so just KISS and practice more

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Get involved in more shooting sports? I hunt, I compete, I plink, shoot trap, etc.

But unlike you, I like buying new guns and gear. I am selling a couple of budget AR's right now to buy a high end one. Quality over quanity.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:43:10 AM EDT
[#32]
The idea has merit. Selling everything and buying a Glock with spare parts and mags, a single well built rifle, AR or AK and spares... Plus a lifetime supply of ammo.

Then get good training and maintain your skills.

The idea (as modified above) is not a bad one, OP.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The more formal training I do the more I want to simplify.  

That's normal and good.  

In the mean time, don't forget that guns are FUN, or you'll burn yourself out on trying to be ninja.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I sometimes consider optimizing my rifle and just keeping that and my pistol. Sell off all others.
That's what I've done. One set of rimfire, one set of centerfire. *shrug*

But to sell them ALL? Insanity.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If I was going to have just one gun, it wouldn't be a fucking J-frame.  It's 2012 fer crissakes...

This. I mean dear god man a J Frame? There is a long ass list of really good semi autos and any of them would be better than a J frame.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:46:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Not all of them but many of them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#37]
No, never... and if I did, I wouldn't go with a pair of J frames
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:47:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

In the mean time, don't forget that guns are FUN, or you'll burn yourself out on trying to be ninja.

This!

Like a liberal, you've forgotten how to enjoy yourself and be happy.  "Oh how can I be happy when my draw is .001 too slow..."!

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the fuck would you choose a revolver as your only firearm?
A J Frame woul be an excellent choice for a only firearm.
There are a lot of people that would argue that a J frame would solve the vast majority of self defense scenarios seen by a civilian in the US.

I just turned 27 and baring joining the military or becoming a cop I think the odds of me getting into a gunfight are very low. Getting into a gunfight with a rifle is probably even more miniscule in probability.

ETA: Maybe I am having a quarter life crisis or maybe I am getting bored with guns. I like shooting, and I like training but cleaning, maintaining, and constantly getting gear isn't fun.

Well, then don't.  Although it is a practical hobby, being a gun nut IS a hobby.  If you're not having fun, downselect to the practical tools and leave it at that.  If, for you, that means a J-frame, knock yourself out.  I personally think we can do better than 140-year-old technology for self-defense, but that's a personal choice.

With all due respect, If you think this is a hobby, you don't get it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#40]
No, nein, nyet. One can never have too many 1911's, S&W revolvers, AR's, bolt action rifles, or pump shotguns.

eta: I still have quite a few on my wish list.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#41]
please seek help
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#42]
J frame?  Blech...a good firearm, no doubt, but not for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Only if I wanted to make myself violently ill.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Guns are icky

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I never felt the need to sell a gun until recently.  I want to buy a new shotgun for 3-gun but don't want to spend too much.  Then I remembered I have a really nice 870 that I bought from my uncle a while back that I hardly ever shoot.  So I'm going to try and sell that to fund my new 3-gun shotgun.  Only gun I ever thought about selling.  I think since I didn't buy it brand new I don't really have any attachment to it.  My dad showed interest in it since it was his brother's gun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#47]
not really I have imagined all the extra cash i would have but i just cant do it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#48]
NEVER

I have sold two guns in my life, a piece of crap .22 single action I bought from a friend when I was 18, the lock work was boogered and it always jammed, and a Ruger security six in 9mm a guy gave my for collateral to fill up with gas at a gas station I worked at. That thing was a pain in the asss to load and unload, half moon clips in a snubby....

Everything els is MINE!, in inventory for life.....
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ever just feel like selling all your guns...

Not only no, but hell no!

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I've considered selling all of my guns but two.  At the end of the day those two seem to fill essentially every role... sure I could also keep my shotgun but i shoot it once every two years so it's like why have it.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top