Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]

RIP Wayne.  We all miss you.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I caught this thread this morning and declined to post because it seems
strange to feel a loss for someone you never met.

I changed my mind this evening because I really do miss his postings
and his posts were one of the reasons I joined this forum after much lurking.

I send prayers for those that knew him personally because it is well documented
here that he was one hell of a man.

God bless those that knew him well and sincere condolences.

GM

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#3]
RIP ETH
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Our friend !

I miss you my brother...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Great pics John!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#8]
R.I.P Wayne, we miss you.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#9]
One of the greatest members of all time. He is missed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe its already been a year.  That's unreal.  It seems like I was reading his posts yesterday.  He was always fair and insightful.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I cant say I knew him personally but I like to think I knew him from his posts.  

I did meet the good man once at Old Town gunshow and we talked for awhile.

He will be missed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Sadly I was another who was going to go to the Hun farm "next year".  Sad I didn't get the chance :(

RIP Hun.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I think you can still find him, somewhere on the otherside of the cabin.

RIP Wayne.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I never met Wayne personally; only here. I remember one time in a thread I stepped on my own dick pretty severely. Wayne rightly called me on my glaring error, and politely suggested that I check myself. Being the idiot that I am, I held fast to my erroneous statement. Wayne patiently rephrased his suggestion, and applied his wire brush of truth to my foreskin of ignorance. I humbly realized my error, corrected myself and thanked EricTheHun for pointing out my stupidity.

At any point, he could easily have raked me over the coals for being a n00b, troll, or worse. But that wasn't his style. His style was to illuminate, not to ridicule. His style was to, in the fine tradition of a Southern gentleman lawyer, present the facts to support his argument and let his opponent see the light.

Sure, on some things he was far more direct than others, but he was also extraordinarily humble. Many times his post would consist of nothing more than, "I didn't know that," and he would close with a conciliatory signature.

I regret never having met him in person, but I, like many others, feel richer for having experienced the small sliver of his wit, knowledge and exceptional good humor here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I met him at Gunstock 1 and we were internet friends before that. I still haven't got the heart to delete his cell number from my contacts. That DeWalt AR was a crack up and the IDF photo shop pic thread had me laughing for days. Damn, still puts a smile on my face thinking about it.

RIP Bro.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Didnt agree with him 100% of the time, but I did respect him 100% of the time.

This is the exact same way that I felt about him. We didnt see eye to eye on alot of things, but he never carried a grudge from thread to thread.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]
He was the ambassador for ARFCOM.

RIP.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#19]
ARFCOM hasn't been the same since.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Never had the pleasure of "meeting" ETH on here or in person. From what I've read, seems that I missed a lot.
R.I.P. Sir.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn, I can't believe it's been a year.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I know that E.T.H. passed away about a year ago this week, and I didn't see a thread honoring our late friend on here.  I just wanted to take a moment and remember a great guy; one who always had a fantastic sense of humor, offered up good advice, and was a wonderful part of AR15.COM.

Here's to you Wayne!

Wayne had the heart-attack on Oct. 1st, 2006 and passed the next day on Oct. 2nd.
There was a Hun Farm gathering that had already been planned for the weekend of Nov, 11, '06. DPeacher and others talked to Wayne's brother and that Hun Farm gathering was held as a memorial in Wayne's honor.

There have been a few ETH memorial discussion threads in the Texas Home Town Forum.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Did he ever post on THR, or TFL forums ? I think I may have seen his screen name over on one of those 2 sites.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
<snip>

Holy shit, I don't think I'd ever heard that [whole] story about RealEric before.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I met him at Gunstock 1 and we were internet friends before that. I still haven't got the heart to delete his cell number from my contacts. That DeWalt AR was a crack up and the IDF photo shop pic thread had me laughing for days. Damn, still puts a smile on my face thinking about it.

RIP Bro.

I don't know if this is the photo series you're talking about, but that reminds me.....

There was also this hare-brained idea I was working on for "Hun Farm Cash" for the [at-that-time] "next" Hun Farm shoot (which would have been in 2006, IIRC).

Wayne humored me, but it [surprisingly ] never got off the ground.

And, since I'lll probably never get to use them, these were from the Hun Farm (can't remember from when, but I don't think I was there).  Someone gave 'em to me, and I was gonna Photoshop (GIMP, actually) them and use them in a thread, but it got locked and trashed before I ever had a chance to post them:

Which begat:

(TRG's comments are "higher," on the y axis, so read them first)

It was funnier then, in the context of the thread.  Oh well.

And while we're at it, the remake Wayne never lived to see:

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Not only was EricThe(Prodigious )Hun a leader of posting replies, not until recently has his Post Count been overtaken, but rarely did a post of his have only a few lines.  Very often a post of his would have several multi sentence Paragraphs.  If Arfcom had a count of sheer volume of words posted he would very likely still be The Leader.  His eloquence in what he wrote into the parentheses of his name alone overshadowed many posters ever since.

I miss him and his posts.  The Noobs here can never really know what they've been missing.

Giggle(InTheMasterFootstepsOnceMore)Smith
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#28]
anbody else see the resemblance to between wayne and the guy from wild america?  sounds like he was just passionate.  sorry i never got to know him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Yea, I'd spoken with ETH via PM a fe wtimes about things... he was one of the good guys. Wish i'd had a chance to meet him though. RIP Wayne (Eric TheMissedHun).
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I still can't bring myself to say how I feel about the loss I feel about my friend.  I flew down to at least 5 Hun Farm events, 2 Gunstocks, and a few other times where I got to spend time with Wayne.  He was the with out a doubt "The Best Story Teller" I ever had the pleasure to listen to.  I talk about him a lot at the the "LCR" (My answer to "The Hun Farm") here in Washington, I have yet to get through them without welling up.  He was without a doubt the "host with the most"  I have enough stories to tell about him to fill a small book.  i just can't type the words to describe how I felt and cherished a man I met over the internet halfway across the country that meant so much to me.  Wayne I miss you, your stories, and your genuine friendship.

You are always in my thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I still can't bring myself to say how I feel about the loss I feel about my friend.  I flew down to at least 5 Hun Farm events, 2 Gunstocks, and a few other times where I got to spend time with Wayne.  He was the with out a doubt "The Best Story Teller" I ever had the pleasure to listen to.  I talk about him a lot at the the "LCR" (My answer to "The Hun Farm") here in Washington, I have yet to get through them without welling up.  He was without a doubt the "host with the most"  I have enough stories to tell about him to fill a small book.  i just can't type the words to describe how I felt and cherished a man I met over the internet halfway across the country that meant so much to me.  Wayne I miss you, your stories, and your genuine friendship.

You are always in my thoughts.

You are soooooo gay for saying that.

TRG

PS.  Even Wayne would agree that you need to be 'eeeaaasssed over the side'
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
'eeeaaasssed over the side'

Now that was a GREAT story!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just about to mention that.

Loved to hear him talk and tell stories.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just about to mention that.

Loved to hear him talk and tell stories.

Honestly, I heard wayne tell that story 50 times, and I never caught the whole story.

I got the punchline.  God knows it was repeated enough, but never did hear the whole thing.

Normally, when Wayne started talking, I knew he would be distracted enough that I could clear some more brush from around the cabin.  

Remember the guys that actually showed up with chainsaws to help me clear the area?  Took Wayne about 3 hours to realize we were not going to clear cut the place!

TRG
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Remember the guys that actually showed up with chainsaws to help me clear the area?  Took Wayne about 3 hours to realize we were not going to clear cut the place!

TRG
Of course!  Wasn't he helping by mixing the drinks & keeping people happy?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

Of course!  Wasn't he helping by mixing the drinks & keeping people happy?

In hindsight, you guys probably should have had him go around marking the trees he wanted cut with a red "X"..... kind of like a backwards Passover.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top