User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Pot metal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#2]
maybe this broken slide (not the first ive seen from SA) has more to do with it BEING MADE IN BRAZIL

ever notice the $50 sarco brazilian slides have a similar stamped symbol that SA has and IN THE SAME SPOT. Hmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Come on guys fees up how hi did you guys drop the pistol from?  JK
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You wuss! Who cares about warranties? Haven't you ever heard of superglue?
View Quote

And duct tape! Or you could do a MacGyver on it and weld it back up with a 50 cent piece![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If the slides are Imbel I would feel better. Imbel makes good FAL receivers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Replace with a Caspian slide, and you won't have that problem again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#7]
It sure does look like casting to me just like SIG's stainless slides. The forging claim is a technicality and a marketing hype. I personally stick with carbon steel when I by SA guns.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Just thought I would give you guys an update. I sent my pistol to Springfield for repair. I was just emailed that they are replacing my pistol. Kudos to them. It appears Springfield does stand behind their products. Why they are sending a whole new pistol does have me curious.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, sounds good so far.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Should of bought a Sig P220. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just thought I would give you guys an update. I sent my pistol to Springfield for repair. I was just emailed that they are replacing my pistol. Kudos to them. It appears Springfield does stand behind their products. Why they are sending a whole new pistol does have me curious.
View Quote

Why send a whole new pistol? Quicker and cheaper for them than to fit a new slide to your existing frame. Don't complain!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had an accuracy problem with a SA rifle a LONG time ago... their solution was a whole new complete one [:)]

NO complaints here [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll give you 10$ for your broken gun!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#15]
While heat treat probably has something to do with it, it's probably also got a little bit to do with an improperly radiused corner.

When heat treating, sharp 90 degree corners can be notorious for being the areas that cause problems.    Proper radius in those sharp corners can go a long way in making the part have any sort of longevity.

Heat treat aside, it's still a bad thing if the corners aren't properly relieved and cracks can develop at those sharp corners when exposed to force/pressure.    High quality parts used by engine builders often have nicely radiused parts in the hopes to overcome these sorts of problems.

As for Springfield, this is not the first time I've heard of this happening either.    I also hope Springfield's customer service has come a long way since the last time I heard of somebody needing to send their gun back for service.   One person I know had their gun go back 3 times before they were satisfied that everything was in order with the gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the update!  I'm glad you were treated well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I belive that if that happened to me I wouldn't be able to stake my life on that pistol again.  I just don't expect the thing to fall apart.  I had considered buying a Springfield when I bought my 1911.  Now I am glad I didn't.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#18]
ROFLMAO!!!!!
     FREE

Quoted:
jb weld and drive on
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top