BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I guess they missed or didn't care about the loaded SIG in my driver's door pocket.
View Quote

I used to drive through the one between Tucson and Sierra Vista, AZ with an AK and an AR in plain view in the cab of my truck.  Border Patrol supervisor on the scene would ask me if I was a US citizen and if I had anyone in the back of my truck under a tonneau cover.  

I would lay into him for not recognizing me and then tell his Border Patrol officers at the check point about how he use to fall asleep on duty at the agency he worked at prior to getting hired at the Border Patrol.  He couldn't get me to drive away from the check point fast enough after that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They have been catching a number of Middle Eastern individuals out there recently, no speaka Spanish, suspected Syrians who are not very nice individuals.  Think they had about 9 of them in custody last week one day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a checkpoint on I-19, about 20 miles south of Tucson-----that one it pretty much a breeze to pass through and I suspect that they are most looking for drugs (they use dogs) and other smuggled items.  That said, there is another checkpoint just west of there---located on the 2-land road between Amado and Arivaca (a major drug and illegal route) that is a PITA to pass through-----then too, it is likely that the Border Patrol officers there just don't have enough to keep them occupied.

Is that the one by Three Points?  My friend has been working it and the Border Patrol has been warned from higher ups to not arrest any illegals, they are there only to intercept drugs, apparently now under the administration's kinder gentler immigration policy.

The one at Three Points is on SR86, different from the Amado/Arivaca checkpoint.
I went through Three Points checkpoint last week.

They have been catching a number of Middle Eastern individuals out there recently, no speaka Spanish, suspected Syrians who are not very nice individuals.  Think they had about 9 of them in custody last week one day.

Apprehensions of OTM's have been going on for years throughout all of S Az. Does seem to be spiking somewhat lately though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I went through the Sarita, TX checkpoint south of Kingsville a few years ago on the way back from the King Ranch.  Never even came to a complete stop.

"You a US Citizen?"

"Yesir"

*BP agent pointed north, I drove on.

Frickin violation of my rights and all of that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
you were microagressed.  Sue or something
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Apprehensions of OTM's have been going on for years throughout all of S Az. Does seem to be spiking somewhat lately though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a checkpoint on I-19, about 20 miles south of Tucson-----that one it pretty much a breeze to pass through and I suspect that they are most looking for drugs (they use dogs) and other smuggled items.  That said, there is another checkpoint just west of there---located on the 2-land road between Amado and Arivaca (a major drug and illegal route) that is a PITA to pass through-----then too, it is likely that the Border Patrol officers there just don't have enough to keep them occupied.

Is that the one by Three Points?  My friend has been working it and the Border Patrol has been warned from higher ups to not arrest any illegals, they are there only to intercept drugs, apparently now under the administration's kinder gentler immigration policy.

The one at Three Points is on SR86, different from the Amado/Arivaca checkpoint.
I went through Three Points checkpoint last week.

The emergency stations in South Texas have the signs in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The emergency stations in South Texas have the signs in English, Spanish, and Chinese.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do all of the MVD's in Az
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Use to travel from Las Cruces north almost weekly on I-25 for about three years.  We had a four horse slant trailer with a living compartment up front.  We could have wrote a manual for smugglers - never once stopped, checked or question.  I wonder how rich we would have been bringing illegal quantities (name your type).  Having said that, we usually had at least one news paper open on the dash board (read), coffee in the coffee holder, at least one small barking dog with us (kept the K-9's away from our truck/trailer) and the wife (usually) had her bare feet up on the dash (sorry, no pictures).  
So much for secure boarders ................
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope next year their leash will be removed and burned so they can do their job. POS J. Johnson needs to be fired from Homeland Security.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you white?

View Quote

Triggered!!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:59:33 AM EDT
[#10]
After the first two times I started answering them in either german, mandarin, farsi, or russian.  They don't care anymore and just waive people through.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you not spot the small white cargo trailers, off to the sides, surrounded by lights on poles, about 100 yards before the checkpoint? You all got infra-red scanned/x-rayed on the drive up. They already knew how many people were travelling with you.
View Quote

ah, no. At least not the trailers in the pictures.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I guess they missed or didn't care about the loaded SIG in my driver's door pocket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you not spot the small white cargo trailers, off to the sides, surrounded by lights on poles, about 100 yards before the checkpoint? You all got infra-red scanned/x-rayed on the drive up. They already knew how many people were travelling with you.

This one is at least a mile from the checkpoint.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/Tinysd/DSC_8490.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/Tinysd/DSC_8491.jpg

No, it's because you weren't x-rayed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:53:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hope next year their leash will be removed and burned so they can do their job. POS J. Johnson needs to be fired from Homeland Security.
View Quote

Jeh is leaving soon, probably for Chuck's defense Secretary spot...

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#14]
You just had that look OP.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's the point, then?

View Quote

Winner winner, chicken dinner!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yet you were still stopped without probable cause....hmmm seems unconstitutional to me
View Quote

Don't need probable cause to stop a vehicle
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yup yup.  
Also had plates scanned.   They see what other checkpoints or borders you have crossed on their computer.
That data also goes to state police and other federal agencies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup yup.  
Also had plates scanned.   They see what other checkpoints or borders you have crossed on their computer.

You also passed through the Radiation Portal Monitors which scanned you for the presence of nuclear and radiological materials.

Which by the way has caught them coming across with radioactive industrial and medical waste which they intended to use our garbage dumps to dispose of, they did not want it in theirs.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one is at least a mile from the checkpoint.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/Tinysd/DSC_8490.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q194/Tinysd/DSC_8491.jpg

It's far west Texas, you'd be crazy if you weren't carrying out there !

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#19]
They have their orders . . .

All shall pass ! ! !
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I had to pour out my beer once.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You also passed through the Radiation Portal Monitors which scanned you for the presence of nuclear and radiological materials.

Which by the way has caught them coming across with radioactive industrial and medical waste which they intended to use our garbage dumps to dispose of, they did not want it in theirs.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup yup.  

They have all kinds of goodies.   What surprises me the most is that a lot of the sensors and cameras look temporary, yet they have been there for years.      I wonder if they switch the trailers out regularly.   All the cables have spools to roll them up on from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK what are the trailers in the pictures?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top