Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What's a post ban?  Am I not allowed to have a collapsible stock and flash suppressor on the new Bushmaster lower I bought?  Do I have to take all that stuff off?  Was there a ban on that stuff?  What in the world are you people talking about?  
Next thing you'll tell me is I have to get rid of all my LEO mags. [whacko]
A ban.....whatever....
There's no ban. Is there? [;)]
edit: because I forgot the winky and the "j/k"
View Quote

The stock-police have really been slacking,no arrests in all these years!

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://us.st5.yimg.com/store4.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1737_369772[/img]
[:D][:D][;)]
Hey, I like my pre-ban!  Flash suppressors work quite well and I love the ablility to adjust the stock for the proper cheekweld.  The bayo lug is good for shits and giggles when the damn liberal antis freak out about it.

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.finalfront.com/hosting/users/geepgeep/nopityA.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Bunch of Attention WHORES!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The current ArmaLite company has nothing to do with the original ArmaLite that first produced Mr. Stoner's weapon. They just bought the name.
View Quote
Yes, we know that.  Thank you for the history lesson.  However, Colt and several other well known names in the gun industy do not have the original owners or have nothing to do with the original company.  Now, read again what I typed in the post you are alluding to.

They still make the best rifle out there.
View Quote

All true - but Eagle Arms certainly don't go out of their way to correct many peoples' false belief that they ARE the original ArmaLite.

In fact, it is quite clear that their advertising is meant to encourage people to make that mistaken assumption.  I think it's a little shameless at best, and outright dishonest and unethical at worst.

I do agree that they make a great rifle, and I own one - but to me that's a whole separate issue.
View Quote
I disagree.  There is a complete history of the ArmaLite brand on the website and they make no insinuations that they are the same.

As noted, many gun companies have gone through several ownership changes, so what's the big deal?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[I do however, actually prefer my postban Eagle Arms ... carbines because with the telescoping stock they can get pretty small.  Besides, they have all the features that the commie pinko liberals hate.
View Quote

uhhh, FYI a tele-stock on a postban AR is [i]verboten[/i]!

perhaps you mean your [b]pre[/b]-ban Eagle?
View Quote
Oops, you're right.  I edited my post.  They are preban.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
It wasn't preban when I bought it. It was just an AR.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pissants......... [;D]

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=8583[/url]
View Quote

Nice Lumpy!  Is that a Crossman or a Daisy??[:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:27:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:38:52 AM EDT
[#12]
The only postban I own is my 24" varmint rifle.  All of my other ARs are un-neutered.  As a matter of fact I just bought another preban lower last night.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#13]
You know what's real runny, when the ban sunsets your going to feel real silly for having plunked down a couple G's for that preban
[;D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The current ArmaLite company has nothing to do with the original ArmaLite that first produced Mr. Stoner's weapon. They just bought the name.
View Quote
Yes, we know that.  Thank you for the history lesson.  However, Colt and several other well known names in the gun industy do not have the original owners or have nothing to do with the original company.  Now, read again what I typed in the post you are alluding to.

They still make the best rifle out there.
View Quote

All true - but Eagle Arms certainly don't go out of their way to correct many peoples' false belief that they ARE the original ArmaLite.

In fact, it is quite clear that their advertising is meant to encourage people to make that mistaken assumption.  I think it's a little shameless at best, and outright dishonest and unethical at worst.

I do agree that they make a great rifle, and I own one - but to me that's a whole separate issue.
View Quote
I disagree.  There is a complete history of the ArmaLite brand on the website and they make no insinuations that they are the same.

As noted, many gun companies have gone through several ownership changes, so what's the big deal?
View Quote

You're correct - they certainly don't HIDE it [b]if you look[/b].  

But, I think that slogans like "they haven't copied our quality" and "ArmaLite: A history of Innovation" and "AR stands for Armalite" certainly suggests to the non-informed that they are the original company.  Those slogans are clearly linking the accomplishments of the original ArmaLite company to the new unrelated company of the same name.

Ultimately I don't really care - and it's not like I hate them or anything (like I said, I bought one of their rifles).  It's just interesting to me because it's getting into that slightly grey area of informed customer versus slightly misleading advertising - although really the history of a company should be completely irrelevant to their current product.  After all, who the hell is bushmaster?  yet they make an awesome product.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You know what's real runny, when the ban sunsets your going to feel real silly for having plunked down a couple G's for that preban
[;D]
View Quote

maybe so but i look at it like insurance.
i am covered either way!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[;D]
View Quote

Your real funny if you think the ban will not be replaced with one just like it or worse.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Does that mean my "PREBAN" FOPA '86 trumps your "preban" AW '94?

Besides to be a real AR15, shouldn't it have a position marked auto on the side?

[img]www.kappakappadelta.com/firearms/arsidesmall.jpg[/img]

James
Austin, Texas

Yes, it is possible to have a preban 94 Colt with milspec front pivot holes, mag fence, and trigger pins if you look hard enough.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You know what's real [red]runny[/red], when the ban sunsets your going to feel real silly for having plunked down a couple G's for that preban
[;D]
View Quote

And you're going to be kicking yourself and feel real stupid when it does'nt and you don't have any. [>(]
BTW, What does "runny" mean ??

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Stokes,

WTF IS UP W/THAT FUGULY UPPER???
View Quote

That is one of the mpost beautiful things I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Just sold my Colt SP1 at the local gun show. I put over 6000 round of that Norinco stuff through it back in the late 1980's plus 3000 more South African. I paid $400 for in 1986 and is was well used when I got it but she looked almost new and the same when I sold it for $1400. I pieced together another AR, another AK, and bought a SKS and plenty of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Ohhhh Double Yeaaaa
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p37c633ce40d3db8900b0e8ae27c19ac8/fce2de13.jpg[/img]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top