User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's hard to beleive that a person can take 2/3 of the nation and still loose an election.

Uh...  How about losing the popular vote, yet winning...  It's simply how the system works.  It's nither straight popular, nor geographically based.

I am always amazed how our Founding Fauthers forseen such potential problems and planed accordingly.   They were truly looking out for this Great Nation!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Kerry is gonna lose

That seals it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no way Kerry is gonna win VA...notwithstanding the liberal showing in and around Tech.  Never Fear!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
bump ( because news this good should not be on page 3)

Bob

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the way Kali is a pale blue and not a dark blue.  There might be sanity out there yet.

Can you imagine Fein-ken-stein’s face if Kali went to President Bush?  How many different colors her face(?) would face change and the screams she might utter!  The yells if “FIX!  FIX!” from La-La land would delicious to behold!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If Kerry has even the SLIGHTEST shred of decency in him, he will concede quickly if the election goes as we think it will.

So........ Anyone want to hold their breath for me?

He doesn't and he won't unfortunately. He has hundreds of lawyers camped out all of the over the country to immeadiately start filing law suits when he loses.

A win on Nov. the second isn't going to be enough this time I fear, this will turn into a court battle like last election. We will ultimately win but not without the vermin from the left suing everyone in sight first.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I know about the polling cycle, but this is the first time Bush has dropped to a two point deficit using his numbers.
I agree fully, we will only know for sure what's up on Wednesday at the earliest.

I did find this interesting:

For the first time in a month, the number saying the U.S. and its allies are winning the War on Terror and the number saying Bush is a better leader than Kerry both dipped below 50%.

I'm wondering if there were Halloween celebrations this weekend that kept the Repubs from being home to answer the phone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know about the polling cycle, but this is the first time Bush has dropped to a two point deficit using his numbers.

Not true.
It's just the first time this month.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:50:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I heard about Hawai today, that's bizarre.

Colorado has some referendum that if voted in they would split their electoral votes along the percentages, not give all to one canidate. It would be retroactive to include this year.

And unconstitutional, since referenda are not an authorized way of making election law
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colorado has some referendum that if voted in they would split their electoral votes along the percentages, not give all to one canidate. It would be retroactive to include this year.

And unconstitutional, since referenda are not an authorized way of making election law

We hope the courts see it that way.  (If it's an issue, it may not pass...)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#14]
bump so I can find this later.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Everyone please remember that in a campaign this late in the game a week is like a month and a day is like a week.  Much will happen.  We need to work hard, contribute $$$, keep talking to the unconverted and also pray between now and Nov. 2.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

When I saw the President a couple of weeks ago here in Vegas he had about 15 governors with him on the stage backing him. He said the governor of Hawaii would be joining them and they were going on a barn storming run across the country to get support for Pres. Bush. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true.
It's just the first time this month.

How about this, the first time since the Republican Convention. Specifically the first time since August 23rd. Either it was an off day for polling or the bottom just dropped out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Looking good.  Some time today Zogby will be releasing his 10 state daily tracking numbers.  If I come across them at DU I will get them up for ya.  

8 more days of stress and worry
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Moot point since Colorado law allows the Republican Governor enough time to verify the law that the state's electors would have already cast their vote before it could become law. It doesn't really help the Dems so much as it gives them one more place to sue if the election is close.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
These polls are going to give me a stress heart attack.  Good God, I can't wait for it to be over already. (with a decisive Bush victory)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ashamed to be an Illinioan.

SFI

Stoopid F**king Illinois

I too, sir, am ashamed to be from this state.  May myor Daley and all of Chicago break away and sink into lake Michigan!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#22]
ABC/Washington Post poll mirrors Rasmussen's w/leaners results 49% JK to 48% W.

Of the polls that ended on the 24th these are the only two that show a Kerry lead. The others have Bush up by anywhere from 3 to 8 points.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]
There was a member on this site a few days ago, sorry I forgot who it was, that posted a link to a very good blog.

The Horserace Blog

Read his write up on Florida and then read the comments from various individuals.  Some of the folks posting comments are involved with local elections.  There are some very interesting numbers within this page.

Bush will win Florida.

Kerry will have a very hard time winning the election without Florida.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#24]
A new gallup poll has Bush up 51 to 43 in Florida.  Don't know how reliable gallup is but I'll take it, plus it pisses off the dems at DU.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top