Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
We've been living on the credit card for a very long time, it isn't a stretch to say the bill is going to come due.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think we're solidly into a recession and it WILL lead into a Depression that has the potential to make 1929 start to be called "The Small Depression" in the future.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Boss told me last night that we will be laying off 1/4 of our work force, those who still have jobs will get a 20% pay cut, across the board.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
It'll happen FOR SURE IMO. But we haven't even started to feel it yet. We're like the guy who's been fatally shot, but hasn't even realized it yet. And putting Obama in office is the equivalent of taking that mortally-wounded guy and treating him by holding his head under water.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I layed of 1/3 of my workforce

I don't care what you choose to call it

it sucks

first time I have shed tears over my job that I can remember
I have been lucky so far but I see tough times ahead. The good news is, all of my employees and my one subcontractor, all voted for hope and change. Two of them are gun-nuts.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We've been living on the credit card for a very long time, it isn't a stretch to say the bill is going to come due.

Yup, economic growth based on easy credit, isn't growth, it is an unsustainable bubble.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All we need is Hope.

And Change
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The only reason why we haven't got the 2 qtrs in a row recession numbers is becuase of the stimulus checks. 70% of GDP is consumer spending. The stimulus did what it was designed to do, stop the GDP slide for a quarter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only reason why we haven't got the 2 qtrs in a row recession numbers is becuase of the stimulus checks. 70% of GDP is consumer spending. The stimulus did what it was designed to do, stop the GDP slide for a quarter.

They used 700 billion of my tax dollars to delay the inevitable for a couple of months.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top