Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Page 2

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Didn't take this thread long to become about how nearly "everyone" here has taken a ricochet and NEARLY DIED.  

Maybe we should discuss how dangerous it is to shoot a bullet straight up?

At my range (I'm the owner), we've had a piece of jacket enter an arm deep enough to lodge against the bone, requiring some serious surgery to get out. We've had a piece go into a guy's nose, causing profuse bleeding, and I had a piece tear the tip of my ear pretty good. Somewhere we have a picture of a piece sticking out of an A2 buttstock that was sitting on a bench.

Since investing in some better swinging AR500 armor and restricting it to 25+ yards for pistols and 100+ for rifles, no injuries. You do the math.

My objection to the little cylinders is much more about sending rounds over, out from, and beyond the berm. If there is any doubt whatsoever about this, as I said earlier shoot something shaped like that with tracers (I've done it). You'll see your rounds go in places you did not want rounds going.

It has very little to do with the type of steel you shoot and very much to do with how close you shoot the steel. Hell your own findings confirm that swingset. You'd have to damn near be standing on top of the steel to get a jacket to go to the bone. Well, either that or the guy shooting needs to spend more on food and less on ammo....

I do agree shooting a round object could be a bad idea not for the shooter but because those bullets will ricochet off into some pretty interesting directions behind the target though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Time to swing by the Kenworth shop
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Squirrels are free and you cannot bait for brake pins.

Just get a live-trap and a can of Krylon "safety orange" ...all set !
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I expected better when you wrote reactive targets.

Why not just set up some empty soda cans, bottles, normal targets that dont require al the work?

Because empty bottles break and cans send shards of Al all over the place. makes it kind of difficult to pack you mess out. Unless you're one of those shooters who leaves their targets all over the place.

Yeah!!  I even pack all of my spent lead out when I'm done.

I'm sure you do the same, right?

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Good idea as long as your being safe IMO, That said this is the best reactive target ever made!!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top