BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So we're going to see Pharma commercials for these new meds? Lovely.
View Quote
Probably be less side effects listed at the end.

"May cause lethargy,large consumption of snacks,and sleep."

Compared to all the other shit that may cause death,suicidal thoughts,homicidal thoughts,liver damage,kidney damage,etc etc etc........
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why not just plant it in the ground and use it after it grows

Why do we have to make this complicated
View Quote
Because the Pharmaceutical companies have a huge and very powerful lobby and they don't want to lose any money if Pot is legalized. Once they patent pot painkillers you will see a federal Medical Pot law passed.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Probably be less side effects listed at the end.

"May cause lethargy,large consumption of snacks,and sleep."

Compared to all the other shit that may cause death,suicidal thoughts,homicidal thoughts,liver damage,kidney damage,etc etc etc........
View Quote
You left out habit forming. Opiates are both terrible and fantastic at the same time. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why?  THC is nowhere in the same arena as most anti-inflammatories; much less opioids.

Hell; there's really no true medicinal use for weed; other than getting high (and that surely isn't medicinal).  Anti-nausea?  lol. Yeah right.  Glaucoma?   You're not shitting me.

People who like weed (including doper doctors) will fabricate any reason in the world to smoke. Just smoke.  Don't make shit up to justify your habit.
View Quote
Every time you post I think "I just read the dumbest post of all time". Then you post again....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didn't the poll here a few months ago have GD in overwhelming favor of legalization?  The problem here is the handful of vocal Reefer Madness followers.
View Quote
Yes, that was an autocorrect typo on my end, it was supposed to read "Arfcom statists be damned".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Feel free to smoke, eat, or pop MJ. Just turn in your guns first.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well - Our weeble wobble population probably does....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1 out of 3 Americans suffer from chronic pain?  Bull Fucking Shit.

They want to sell pot to 1 out of 3 Americans and make a bunch of money - I'll believe that.
Well - Our weeble wobble population probably does....
According to the most recent data, adult obesity rates now exceed 35 percent in four states, 30 percent in 25 states and are above 20 percent in all states. Louisiana has the highest adult obesity rate at 36.2 percent and Colorado has the lowest at 20.2 percent.
fat people need to be purged from the earth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
"...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless they smoke that good good herb."

Yeah it's right there in black and white in the bill of rights.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, I believe in the words of the Constitution. How about you log out and don't come back since you don't even understand or support the 2nd?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
But go ahead and get shitfaced on alcohol everyday and everything is fine?  

Yep it certainly is fine, and so would be getting high if that's your thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think its cannabidiol(CBD) that they think is the true medicinal help if I remember right......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?  THC is nowhere in the same arena as most anti-inflammatories; much less opioids.

Hell; there's really no true medicinal use for weed; other than getting high (and that surely isn't medicinal).  Anti-nausea?  lol. Yeah right.  Glaucoma?   You're not shitting me.

People who like weed (including doper doctors) will fabricate any reason in the world to smoke. Just smoke.  Don't make shit up to justify your habit.
I think its cannabidiol(CBD) that they think is the true medicinal help if I remember right......
I have an elderly friend that started taking CBD for chronic neck pain a couple of months ago. He can turn his head to look behind and look up or down now. It has worked well for him. He looks like a new man without the pain wearing him down 24/7. He says he feels better than he has in 15 years.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have an elderly friend that started taking CBD for chronic neck pain a couple of months ago. He can turn his head to look behind and look up or down now. It has worked well for him. He looks like a new man without the pain wearing him down 24/7. He says he feels better than he has in 15 years.
View Quote
The feds recently classified CBD oil as a schedule 1 drug even though you can't get high off it.  Ridiculous. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Outright ban or drug companies handling it would be fine.  But the one thing we can't have, absolutely cannot have, is a person being able to grow it on their own for close to free and using it either to treat pain or recreationally.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You are correct of course, but marijuana is easy to grow and edibles are easy to make at home. No one has to buy it from big pharma.
View Quote
Poppies ain't hard to grow either, but it'll sure get your ass thrown in the hoosegow
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]
It will be a total failure because it will neither come in a smokeable form and will more than likely not have a buzz.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The feds recently classified CBD oil as a schedule 1 drug even though you can't get high off it.  Ridiculous. 
View Quote
More insanity from the drug war. It's like making cooking oil schedule 1.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Poppies ain't hard to grow either, but it'll sure get your ass thrown in the hoosegow
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct of course, but marijuana is easy to grow and edibles are easy to make at home. No one has to buy it from big pharma.
Uh, people already grow weed all over the country. That won't change.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My mom and dad both on them.

Dad needs 2 new knee's and has 3 discs giving him issues in his back on percocet.

Mom had a cyst form on her spinal cord, had to have a piece of vertebrae taken out to get to it, has and always has had osteoperosis bone will not heal like a normal person, has severe back pain and is on morphine and has been for about 12 years since her surgery. It was either have the surgery and not become a paraplegic or have the surgery and be able to walk and hope the bones healed correctly which they didn't now horrible pain but she can walk and make it through the day.

I hate it for both of them, it affects their personalities.

I was on percocet for about a year when I had a slipped disc and when I had my fusion came off of them cold turkey about 2 months after my surgery, I was addicted to them too it was a little rough but didn't need rehab or nothing.

I can understand how people get addicted to them especially if they affect people like me and my dad, both of us they make hyper and we feel like we can do anything, my mom and wife however go straight to sleep most of the time.
View Quote
Sir, I would just like to point out something if I may.  First of all I feel for your parents and others with severe chronic pain.

But you were not an addict.  You were physically dependent.  There is a difference.  An addict is someone that takes something solely for the high or buzz and is often times willing to do unscrupulous things in order to achieve that high.

Somebody that is physically dependent is a person that took the meds for relief, and your body became adjusted to having them.  Meaning it was a hard come down similar to what an addict would have.  But you quit taking them and worked through it.  Physical dependency can lead to addiction, and it may sound like I'm splitting hairs, but I promise I'm not.  There is a difference.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

More insanity from the drug war. It's like making cooking oil schedule 1.
View Quote
Pretty much.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOLz
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So, you're admitting that the "medical marijuana" claims are nothing but a bunch of   Good, I thought so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1 out of 3 Americans suffer from chronic pain?  Bull Fucking Shit.

They want to sell pot to 1 out of 3 Americans and make a bunch of money - I'll believe that.
So what if 30% of people want to catch a buzz.  As Long as they can get to work the next day.
So, you're admitting that the "medical marijuana" claims are nothing but a bunch of   Good, I thought so.
I don't care either way.  None of my business.  Just like IDC if 1/3 of people want to get drunk at night. As Long as they handle their business so what.  Only the busy body, high horse, social crusaders are concerned with such things. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Schedule 1

NO MEDICINAL VALUE WHATSOEVER
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have a pal who makes willie nelson look like a lightweight smoker, who also has a lot of pain (medically retired army/navy man).   He insists to me that it does nothing for pain, he just likes the buzz....    I dunno, I don't give a damn either way as long as folks are responsible with it.  

I think the medical angle is just that....   a crack in the armor to get it legalized....   whatever....
View Quote
My hippie ass step dad who works construction put it this way after cutting his thumb off with a circular saw, "It doesn't do shit to stop the pain, but you do forget about it"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top