User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in other words, idiots like Arianna Huffington (I never liked her or was duped into thinking she was consertative) would like to legalize drugs and ban SUV's?

Why shouldn't we bash these idiots again?
View Quote

I think you are still a little confused. From what I know of Ariana Huffington, she doesn't want to ban SUVs -- just to make people aware that the government's arguments about drugs is ridiculous because it would apply more to SUVs. And I am sure she knows that, just because something can be harmful to society (like drugs, SUVs, alcohol, and guns) that doesn't necessarily mean that prohibition is a good approach.

As far as legalizing drugs -- every major study of the subject in the last 100 years has said that the drug laws were based on racism, ignorance, and nonsense, and should have been repealed long ago because they do more harm than good.
View Quote

I see what you are trying to say, but really, who actually believes that these folks wouldn't ban SUV's if they had a chance?  They really would be much happier if "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" were legal but "Lucy on the Street with Durango" wasn't!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well lemme see. I drive my truck a few miles a day and burn less than 1 gallon of gas a day. I guess the gas they put in their lawnmowers, mopeds, and hybridwhatthefucks doesn't come from terrorist? How about the gas for public transportation, airlines etc.? Oh well screw 'em I'm gping to go fire up the truck and spin the tires a few times!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top