Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I grew up in upstate New York, right outside of Buffalo.  I now live in central Virginia, full of nothing but people who can't drive so good even in good weather!  Snow doesn't even have to stick before these idiots are in a blind panic.  You know how there is a conversion factor to figure out how old a dog is in human years?  Well, I figure the conversion figure for Southern snowfall is 1 inch equals about 1 foot of a good Northeast snowfall in terms of the amount of consternation it causes.  Maybe even that is conservative.  

To offer some degree of objectivity, I don't think the whole CommunistWealth of Virginia has the number of snowplows that just one upstate New York county has - it's just not financially feasible.  At least your cars don't rust to the frame in five years! [;)]

Another time I'm following a line of cars down a 3 lane road at about 2 mph.  No snow coming down, good light, some snow sticking to the roads, but no biggie.  So, I pass the pokies at the next passing zone.  Damn, a State Trooper in a DNR pickup truck (probably had chains, too) pulled my happy ass over and started yelling at me about how dangerous I was driving.  I just looked at him and told him I grew up where it really snowed and I was well within my abilities.  I thought he was going to have a fit of apoplexy.  Fucker gave me a ticket for "improper passing"[pissed].  Guess he can't drive, either!
shooter
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I [b]finally[/b] figured out how to post the picture (see page two). I must've been hit upside the head with too many snowballs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
SNOW?........What is that?.......[stick]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
When you see a 4x4 blazer 10 ft up on a snow bank........(for two weeks).....n.y. plates.......all you can do is laugh.........[whacko]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a lady they showed on the local news.  She was driving a Suburban or Tahoe.  Anyways, she was in the ditch, at the bottom of this long semi-steep hill.  They had a short clip where she said something like-  

"I don't know what happened,  I even had it in neutral AND in Four wheel drive"  

So this genius was driving down a hill on ice in neutral.  I couldn't stop laughing! I could just see her getting up some good speed, and then SLAMMING on the brakes!

I wonder where she heard she needed to be in neutral??
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a GA resident.
The stupid ppl still like to go 90 miles an hour in the snow...
Means they go 125 in the summer!

but hey some southern democrat cop will catch their &*$

actually we really do get the roads iced over before we get snow. and everyone here are underprepared for driving in the ICE because it happens once(maybe twice) a year.
oh yeah we Got 5 inches plus a 2" layer of Ice here next to the Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton

hey at least we can go in our back yard with a 10/22 and 50 round magazines and watch the snow fly up now!!!!!!![uzi]

-Chuck

Oh by the way, Rednecks drive in the mud, not the snow.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top