Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Ammoman can kiss my @ss! no more business with him
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sure Eric will be here in a while.
I don't have a dog in this fight; however I have placed an order with them from time to time.  
I do know that the .308 LC has been on backorder from at least the end of Jan (last time I looked at it).  
He also mentioned the .308 was on backorder/pre-order in the e-mail he sent on the 11th of this month.

If you read the replies from the standpoint that the .308 is listed as pre-order it makes more sense.   IIRC the "pre-order"status has been on the site for a while now.
I deal with crooked vendors all friggin day long (I’m a Procurement Director) and these guys just don't give me that impression.  I agree that the customer service e-mail exchange could have been handled a bit different.  This seems to have been one of the cases where a phone call could have cleared this all up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, after the first email if you don't get a worthy response, you really should get on the phone. Between all the hundreds of spam and pointless inquiries somebody has to be able to dig your one email out and either spend time dealing with it or blow it off. Seeing an email like that, someone may think "I don't have to deal with this, it's probably on it's way to them right now" and go on to the next email.

When you get them on the phone, you have their undivided attention.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]

What's that line of logic?

He explained it.  When companies start charging your credit card for products they don't have and don't fix it when it's pointed out to them, then that's a very bad sign.

THellURider, you're absolutely correct about the gun industry, but most companies are becoming like that.  Just try calling Dell.

My great-nephew ordered 500 rounds of XM193 for $109 and 500 rounds of South African 308 for $100 from him, his credit card was charged, and Eric never shipped the ammo.  It was order #5520.  Since I had recommended him to my great-nephew I ended-up having to call them to try to get it straight.  Terry at the warehouse kept telling me to talk to the office and Eric told me to talk to the warehouse since that's where he said the records are.  The last time I talked to Eric about it, he told me "you sound like my wife."  The guy sounds like he dislikes his customers about as much as he dislikes his wife.  My great-nephew ended-up calling his CC company to get it straight.z

ETA: I guess it should be fair to mention that if I was going to order ammo, I'd give him another chance.  Despite the bad experience I saw and a few others I've read about, I've probably read 10 people praise the guy for every complaint I've seen.  Very few companies have that type of complaint to praise ratio.  The only one I can think of off hand is newegg.com, and even they've been slipping bad lately.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Considering the tone of  his last email to me (I'm refunding your money and don't re-order) and failing to reply to my last one to him,  it was clear that he didn't want any further conversation so I figured a phone call would be fruitless.  If he would've reviewed his site updates, my order date and my confirmation order, he would have seen that the mistake was his. I don't know when he actually updated the site to show "out of stock" on the .308 because I was done shopping. So I thought anyway..

Quoted:
I generally have had great service from Eric. The ammo always comes well rapped and on time.

The only bad order I had was about a year ago when I ordered some black teflon AR15 mags. They sent me the power-coated gray ones instead. I called Eric up and, instead of saying "no problem these things happen", he said "did you just order the wrong ones, my people never make a mistake like this."  So I sent him the email confirmation showing that had ordered the black ones and straightened his ass out real quick. They sent me a replacement shipment of black mags and a shipping label to return the gray ones. YMMV.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ammoman can kiss my @ss! no more business with him

+1 Customers shouldn't be treated like that.. He will be sorry in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Bill (From Falling Down):  Have you ever heard the expression "the customer is always right?"
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to hear from Eric before passing judgement on this one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Free shipping my ass. Sportsmans guide blows ammoman out of the water on shipping.

I refuse to pay his outrageous prices.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag for Ammoman response.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
sad to hear this.  Often visit the site but have never bit on any items since they can usually be found for less.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bill (From Falling Down):  Have you ever heard the expression "the customer is always right?"

..apparently not.  

Personally, I tried to order ammo over the phone, from ammoman a few months back, but I had a few questions to make sure I was ordering the correct stuff.  I was brusquely told to check the website and call back when I know what I want.  I did end up ordering, only not from them...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Free shipping my ass. Sportsmans guide blows ammoman out of the water on shipping.

I refuse to pay his outrageous prices.

+1 SG gets most all of my business as does Georgia Arms!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]
This isn't the first complaint I've seen about ammoman's business.

They all seem to be similar.  Stuff ordered.  Card charged.  Stuff really on backorder.  But lo and behold, Eric claims its the customer's fault, every single time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You know, after the first email if you don't get a worthy response, you really should get on the phone. Between all the hundreds of spam and pointless inquiries somebody has to be able to dig your one email out and either spend time dealing with it or blow it off. Seeing an email like that, someone may think "I don't have to deal with this, it's probably on it's way to them right now" and go on to the next email.

When you get them on the phone, you have their undivided attention.

You are wrong.
Emails are the exact same thing as a phone call. No difference in the CS aspect.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#17]
It probably cost him in excess of $30 just to charge and refund your money.  I'd be happy if I were you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#18]
this has all the makings of  a trap

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It probably cost him in excess of $30 just to charge and refund your money.  I'd be happy if I were you.

Why should the customer pay for a vendor error???
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

livefree never said he had to pay anything.  Where did you come-up with that one?z
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I have always dealt with Eric in person (I live about 30 minutes away) and he has always been great to me.  However I see that he is getting burned out on dealing with people in general, and particularly internet commandos (NOT saying that livefree is one).  After some of the past bashing threads, and other issues here I don't think Eric really cares what is said on AR15, and is no longer willing to kiss ass and play the game anymore.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It probably cost him in excess of $30 just to charge and refund your money. I'd be happy if I were you.

livefree never said he had to pay anything.  Where did you come-up with that one?z

He said he would be happy just to have gotten a refund. I would be pissed if I was charged for product that was not shipped, and even more pissed if they charged me the "in excess of $30" to refund my money for their product that they showed in stock, but actually was not. He did get a full refund, but I thought shootemup was saying he should be happy to not have to pay fee of some sort for the vendors error,

edit to clairify
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

A credit card processing fee is generally around 2%, so he may have spent $2.50 to return the portion of Livefree's money that he needed to charge on the .308.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Federal Trade Commission’s
MAIL OR TELEPHONE ORDER MERCHANDISE RULE

What Does the Rule Cover?
It applies to most goods a customer orders from the seller by mail, telephone, fax, or on the Internet

What is the Mail or Telephone Order Rule?
The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise

Why You Should Comply with the Rule
Merchants who violate the Rule can be sued by the FTC for injunctive relief, monetary civil penalties of up to $11,000 per violation (any time during the five years preceding the filing of the complaint), and consumer redress (any time during the three years preceding the filing of the complaint). When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems such as non-delivery. State law enforcement agencies can take action for violating state consumer protection laws
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I've only ordered from Ammoman once and I got what I ordered when I expected it. I just found it cheaper elsewhere is all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Waiting for the reply also. Should be interesting to hear the other side.

Ammoman has always given me good service and a free 200rds of Aussie .308.  He was a pretty good guy when he came here and posted. Anymore you don't see much of him and he seems a little more irritable. No biggee there but I will agree with the guy who said this is the type of thing we see before a vendor goes under. Seen here a bunch already.  Hopefully not the cae. His prices aren't always the best but in the past he has always managed to come up with cool stuff and I have kept buying from him.  No complaints from me at this point.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have always dealt with Eric in person (I live about 30 minutes away) and he has always been great to me.  However I see that he is getting burned out on dealing with people in general, and particularly internet commandos (NOT saying that livefree is one).  After some of the past bashing threads, and other issues here I don't think Eric really cares what is said on AR15, and is no longer willing to kiss ass and play the game anymore.  

All those "Internet Retail Commandos" who are tired of "kissing ass" and "playing the game" with their stupid garage-based Internet business model need NOT APPLY to any of the retailers I deal with on a daily basis - and they're pretty incompetent themselves, but NONE would have the unmitigated gall to talk to a customer the way Livefree has been spoken to.

Jeebus!

Fortunately, there are some top-shelf small businessmen in the EE (like Del-Ton, for instance) that are the example of what retailers should emulate, whether in the Brick-And-Mortar world or online.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#28]
"We are refunding your money right away and please do not reorder.
Ammoman"

Could it be possible he means don't order the same ammo again if the website let's you?

He doesn't mean, "don't order(NOT re-order, like it says) from us again".

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I would like to hear from Eric before passing judgement on this one.

+1...

I have ordered from Ammoman, no problems, I currently have a order in bound...Eric has allways answered my emails promptly as well as returned phone calls.

I suggest you give him a call and talk with the man.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#30]

His feedback is +1299.

As someone's who has ordered from him before (and been satisfied), I'd like to read his response.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All those "Internet Retail Commandos" who are tired of "kissing ass" and "playing the game" with their stupid garage-based Internet business model need NOT APPLY to any of the retailers I deal with on a daily basis - and they're pretty incompetent themselves, but NONE would have the unmitigated gall to talk to a customer the way Livefree has been spoken to.

Jeebus!

Fortunately, there are some top-shelf small businessmen in the EE (like Del-Ton, for instance) that are the example of what retailers should emulate, whether in the Brick-And-Mortar world or online.

Samsong, not to argue with you (I can see how Eric's current attitude will offend some)!  Ammoman is not a garage business.  I have been to his location, and he has several warehouses in an industrial park (It seem like every time I go there he has gottan additional space, I thin 5 now).  I have never seen so much ammo  Stacked high and deep
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#32]
He is, or was, a site sponsor.  I'm surprised he hasn't shown up to defend himself yet.  I have no idea how much business he gets from the folks on this site, but it's got to be worth setting the record straight from his point of view.  My guess is, he's not going to show.

From what I've seen about this post, if I were called a liar like the thread originator was, I'd be done with him as well.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#33]
i have placed two maybe three orders back when xm193 and q3131a was avail.  i also ordered some of the m118lr ammo from him too.  no problems

he treated me better than Georgia precsision (not Georgia Arms) thats for sure

i did email him questions about the m14 mags.  but they never replied.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I've never had a problem.  In fact, ammoman is one of my go-to ammo sources as I'm willing to pay a little bit more to click a mouse and have crates of ammo show up at my door the next day.  

Interested to see the reply.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:21:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I just checked my credit card history to make sure that I did indeed get the refund but it does NOT show it.  It has been a couple of days since he sent the email saying the money was refunded but maybe the credit card company needs more time to post it.  It should be non-issue because it should have never been charged for the .308 anyway.

Here is the last email that I sent him that he never replied to:

"You have got to be kidding.  Did you review my confirmation below?  There is no mention of any backorder. The item was never "added", but was part of my order all along.  Are you sure your not mistaking this for someone else's?  Why are you refunding my money or more importantly, why did you charge my card for something you didn't even have??
I WILL be posting all of our correspondence on AR15.com so everone can see how you treat your customers. All of this because I inquired about my paid order.  Sheese"

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#36]
My dealings with Ammoman have been positive.  

I ordered some AR mags from him, one was not formed squarely [out of spec] He sent a replacement within days.  His emails on the problem were short and to the point but I can't complain about the service.

No problems with ammo until the shortage, now I have to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I haven't ordered from him in a few years (since the SA 5.56 battlepacks were available) but at the time I called in the order and he was easy to deal with on the phone.

Four years is a long time though so maybe he's getting a little burned out. It happens. [shrug]

I'd still use him if the prices were better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#39]
You'd better say that too, if you want to continue getting your free ammo. Ammo mod. I wouldn't have much credibility without the proof now would I?

Quoted:
Posting PRIVATE e-mails in a public forum reflects even worse upon one's character than Eric's response to you.

I will continue to order from him.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Posting PRIVATE e-mails in a public forum reflects even worse upon one's character than Eric's response to you.

I look at it more as a  public service announcement.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Ahhhh, come on brouhaha,

We've seen this kind of thing before, and the same kind of "bs" was said....."oh, it isn't right to post this in public" but in the end lots of people got burned by a "stand-up" guy/member/site contributor, just because people didn't want to make it public.   I think you know what I'm talking about.

Customer serivice is the most "public" thing there is in buisness...   The guy either learns it, or can close the doors.    
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#43]
tag
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

In a cse such as this I couldn't disagree more. It is relevant and not a personal matter.

I haven't decided yet though i would tend to agree with you unless there is more of this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#45]
My first (and last) order from him had screwed up shipping on his end. He put down the wrong zip code (I entered it right) and ended up shipping my ammo to Montana or some damn place. Took over a week to rectify.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I have probably placed 50 orders over the last several years.  I was ordering before they had a website and orders were send via Email.  In all that time only one order was "screwed up" in that ammo i wanted shipped to my vacation home got sent to my billing address instead.  Eric issued a UPS call tag to pick up the ammo, credited my account and apologized. thats been my only problem ever.

I dont order so much anymore because i can often find better deals elsewhere. but i would not hesitate to order if he had what I wanted and at the right price.

Of course YMMV becuase i have had great luck with botach too. Lightfighter and Georgia Precisian have been the companies that have burned me the most.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That's BS. This is a business deal, not some private correspondence.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#48]
When a company tells you to never order from them again because of a mistake they made, that is *usually* a sign of BAD customer service...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I've never had a problem with Ammoman. Always ships very quickly and on time! :)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top