BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Well I didn't see the video....but I would guess that like a snake they probably won't eat it unless it's alive. If the people are doing it purely for entertainment ..well...karmas a bitch....
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Y'all don't really think your ribeye steaks grow on the meat tree, do you?

OF COURSE NOT!!!

They grow on BUSHES not TREES silly!!!

Chicken Breasts grow on trees!... I read it on the internet so it MUST be true!
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
That was pretty sicko.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#6]
When I worked in Mental-Health (I was in the security division of the largest state facility west of the mississippi [FTC in Salem OR. 1,500 "Consumers"]) we had a guy that enjoyed nothing better than to drown puppies.

He had been discharged in the mid' '80's and was re-institutionalized when the QMRP's and support staff assigned to him became aware of his behavior. He would half drown the puppy and then let it "Recover" for a moment before submerging it again (You gotta drag out the "Fun" after all).

This particular individual had an adaptive age level of somewhere around 8yrs old but that was complicated by the fact that he was also diagnosed with mental illness.  

Puppies die every day.  

I guess HE was just helping the "Natural" process along OR....he was the sick, dangerous mo'fo' we thought he was.

The person that made that vid' is just another of the great undiagnosed masses.

F**Kin' creepy
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks painful.... Ima go have a midnight snack now.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I always wanted a Piranha .. cool vid
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I think you folks are missing the larger picture here.

We have several low post count posters who are arguing this issue for no apparent reason at all.

I smell .
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Circle of life, baby.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I cant see the video, but this guy is obviously a copycat.

I did this back in 97' when I used to own Piranhas.

I didn't use a rat or mouse though, I used the small hairless ones. My Piranhas where bred & raised by me from hatchlings. So they where not prone to shyness most wild caught piranhas are. The rodents death was always very quick. Most times they would just snap the head off and the other would gulp the body in seconds. I fed them live waterdogs also, large goldfish, etc. I was just a dumbass kid with a Piranha website trying to be cool. All I can say is that the animals didn't go to waste or die for nothing. After looking at my site.. for what... 7 years now. I feel like a total ass for the waterdog.

I have a few very short clips on my site, I had a P133 at the time to make clips...not all are of feeding, and I deleted the mouse one a long time ago.

www.geocities.com/xingu.geo/DEATHCAM.html
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Mice are a fuckin plague. They should be drawn and quartered before being fed to the piranha or anything else that will remove them from circulation.  They have taken over my shop, shed, truck and we just caught one in the house. Everytime I set a trap I catch one but they just keep coming.  There is a free 55 gallon aquarium on the net, maybe I need some glue traps or some other "humane" catch alive traps and some fishes. It might make me feel better about the discusting mess that they have made.  Do piranhas eat trolls or do they despise liberals too?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#13]
The sickness of this video is in the mind of the beholder.  The piranha could give a rat's ass if you're watching, they're doing what they are made to do.  There is nothing sick about an animal getting it's dinner as it was meant to.  It's actually impressive how effective the piranha is at it's job.  

However, if the person watching the video is getting a chubby, now that's sick.

Hate to tell ya this, but we're all part of the food chain, and I promise you that if you died in a field somewhere there'd be a cat, dog, mouse, whatever carnivour/omnivour that wouldn't think twice about taking a nibble off your dead backside.  

I had a pet python and would feed it live mice.  That's what they eat.  That is all.

And for the butcher - IMHO, if you don't have the gut to clean your own kill, you don't deserve to eat.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Bunch of hypocritical posters here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#15]
tag for later
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The sickness of this video is in the mind of the beholder.  The piranha could give a rat's ass if you're watching, they're doing what they are made to do.  There is nothing sick about an animal getting it's dinner as it was meant to.  It's actually impressive how effective the piranha is at it's job.  

However, if the person watching the video is getting a chubby, now that's sick.

Hate to tell ya this, but we're all part of the food chain, and I promise you that if you died in a field somewhere there'd be a cat, dog, mouse, whatever carnivour/omnivour that wouldn't think twice about taking a nibble off your dead backside.  

I had a pet python and would feed it live mice.  That's what they eat.  That is all.

And for the butcher - IMHO, if you don't have the gut to clean your own kill, you don't deserve to eat.  Just my opinion.

+1

Well said. Saved me some typing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think you folks are missing the larger picture here.

We have several low post count posters who are arguing this issue for no apparent reason at all.

I smell .

Which  is more sad - the guys that post a lot to get a high post count, or those people who keep track of it in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I just think that people are afraid of pirhanas and thus feel some sort of 'bond' with the mouse.  I don't get it.

Who was the loser that said that mice don't swim?  "It isn't natural"?  Mice/rats/toads whatever, go for a swim all the time.  Who cares about the frickin welfare of a feeder mouse?

My dog kills moles, and squirrels, and my cat kills mice and chipmunks.  I have fish that eat equally proportional live foods.  I'm sure that if I had a snake or a pirhana, I would feed it mice.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#19]
fuckin' awesome
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:36:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Why is everyone crying over a mouse?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Tagged for later viewing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I cant see the video, but this guy is obviously a copycat.

I did this back in 97' when I used to own Piranhas.

I didn't use a rat or mouse though, I used the small hairless ones. My Piranhas where bred & raised by me from hatchlings. So they where not prone to shyness most wild caught piranhas are. The rodents death was always very quick. Most times they would just snap the head off and the other would gulp the body in seconds. I fed them live waterdogs also, large goldfish, etc. I was just a dumbass kid with a Piranha website trying to be cool. All I can say is that the animals didn't go to waste or die for nothing. After looking at my site.. for what... 7 years now. I feel like a total ass for the waterdog.

I have a few very short clips on my site, I had a P133 at the time to make clips...not all are of feeding, and I deleted the mouse one a long time ago.

www.geocities.com/xingu.geo/DEATHCAM.html

Can you email me a few videos so I can host them please? Your page is going over its limit (and I think it will keep doing that until this thread dies). Specifically, waterdog, goldfish, whatever else might be of interest.
Andreuha[NOSPAM]@Optonline.net
just remove the [nospam]...
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No but I don't torture a cow before he becomes a steak though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think what is bothering some people is the enjoyment that some POS is deriving from an animal being slowly killed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#25]
I gotta say it's pretty funny watching some here whine about a mouse.

You can buy feeder mice all day long at pet stores. And guess what? They are for feeding other animals.

I wonder if the ones whining could actually kill to eat and survive on their own if need be?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Who was the loser that said that mice don't swim?  "It isn't natural"?  Mice/rats/toads whatever, go for a swim all the time.  Who cares about the frickin welfare of a feeder mouse?

My dog kills moles, and squirrels, and my cat kills mice and chipmunks.  I have fish that eat equally proportional live foods.  I'm sure that if I had a snake or a pirhana, I would feed it mice.

Oh that would be me... I would be that loser

Originally Posted ByDrFrige:
Its the "Delivery" method.... It is not NATURAL for a mouse to go out for a midday swim. Especially in a tank with NO WAY OUT. Do Piranas have the right to eat...SURE THEY DO

Now that I admitted I was the loser... admit you Michael Moore for taking my quote out of context.

Its the DELIVERY method... I will say it again... THE DELIVERY METHOD! Let me put you in a tank with no way out in a tank of sharks and let everyone watch and "Ooooh" and "Ahhhh" as your legs are getting torn off. I have NO PROBLEM with what happens naturally in the wild or animals that need to eat. Snakes need to eat as wellas Piranahs. But to sit there and gawk and get a chubby over this video is simply sick.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#27]
I see nothing wrong with it the PETA crowd will always get their panties in a bunch, it is somthing that happens every day in nature, and is part of the natural cycle, and it is interesting to watch.  Some people like to make something out of nothing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think what is bothering some people is the enjoyment that some POS is deriving from an animal being slowly killed.

What is he supposed to do?  Darken the room, say a prayer, shake a dead cat at the moon, and turn his back after the feeding?

People primairly own pirhanas because of the fascinating way they eat.  Get over it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#29]
yikes
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is he supposed to do?  Darken the room, say a prayer, shake a dead cat at the moon, and turn his back after the feeding?

People primairly own pirhanas because of the fascinating way they eat.  Get over it.

Taking pleasure in the slow death of the animal is what bothers people, learn to read would ya.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh that would be me... I would be that loser

Thanks for speaking up!

Originally Posted ByDrFrige:
Its the "Delivery" method.... It is not NATURAL for a mouse to go out for a midday swim. Especially in a tank with NO WAY OUT. Do Piranas have the right to eat...SURE THEY DO

Now that I admitted I was the loser... admit you Michael Moore for taking my quote out of context.

Its the DELIVERY method... I will say it again... THE DELIVERY METHOD! Let me put you in a tank with no way out in a tank of sharks and let everyone watch and "Ooooh" and "Ahhhh" as your legs are getting torn off. I have NO PROBLEM with what happens naturally in the wild or animals that need to eat. Snakes need to eat as wellas Piranahs. But to sit there and gawk and get a chubby over this video is simply sick.

Admit me Michael Moore?  What does that mean.  I specifically addressed your assertion that a mouse swimming in a tank isn't natural.

And since ponds and rivers don't have transparent sides, we shouldn't keep fish in a glass cube?  Or since they are there now, they shouldn't eat?  Mice and rats go for a swim or fall in the water all the time in the wild.  I have seen catfish eat mice that find themselves swimming across a section of farm pond.

Also, you might aspire to be the Boner Inspector General.  You would love it.  You get to go to see all the aquariums, zoos, and visit any house that is showing a PBS or NG special and squeeze the junk of any male present.  If you do find wood, you get to berate that person about how 'sick' he is.  I hear the pay is good too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Taking pleasure in the slow death of the animal is what bothers people, learn to read would ya.

So tell me again, how is he supposed to feed them?  Is he allowed to never show his pets off to anyone else?  Will the Boner Inspector General come knocking at his door?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Also, you might aspire to be the Boner Inspector General.  You would love it.  You get to go to see all the aquariums, zoos, and visit any house that is showing a PBS or NG special and squeeze the junk of any male present.  If you do find wood, you get to berate that person about how 'sick' he is.  I hear the pay is good too.

pwn3d!

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Sure, there are some sick f*cks in our society who kill for pleasure. Getting upset over a mouse being dropped in a Pirahna tank is pretty silly, though.

Must've been the rap music that got people all tied up in a bunch.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Sure, there are some sick f*cks in our society who kill for pleasure. Getting upset over a mouse being dropped in a Pirahna tank is pretty silly, though.

Must've been the rap music that got people all tied up in a bunch.

It is either that, or people are just scared of carniverous fish.  [shrug]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever eat veal?

Chris
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Okay, here's the clips I got from Jeeper21.
They're both in a 1MB .zip file. Kinda short vids though.
www.x-plane.org/users/eder/Feeding.zip
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever eat veal?

Chris

Actually. No.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Admit me Michael Moore?  What does that mean.  I specifically addressed your assertion that a mouse swimming in a tank isn't natural.

And since ponds and rivers don't have transparent sides, we shouldn't keep fish in a glass cube?  Or since they are there now, they shouldn't eat?  Mice and rats go for a swim or fall in the water all the time in the wild.  I have seen catfish eat mice that find themselves swimming across a section of farm pond.

Ahhhh first one to reverts to name calling loses the battle. Just like a liberal. Game over. you lose.

What next? Whip em out and compare dick sizes?

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#40]
That fsucked!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#41]
just wondered. thanks for answering my question.

Chris

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever eat veal?

Chris

Actually. No.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhhh first one to reverts to name calling loses the battle. Just like a liberal. Game over. you lose.

What next? Whip em out and compare dick sizes?

Uh, hello?  I merely suggested that as a possible career choice, since you seem to be so facinated over the Pink Submarine (just like a liberal).

It really was a nice try, Fridge, it really was.  Take care.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Dude, I jacked off to that vid!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Dude, I jacked off to that vid!!!

What's sad, is I actually belive you...
So what was your previous name on this board?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I gotta say it's pretty funny watching some here whine about a mouse.

You can buy feeder mice all day long at pet stores. And guess what? They are for feeding other animals.

I wonder if the ones whining could actually kill to eat and survive on their own if need be?

+1
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Watching that video reminded me of a pet mouse I had over 10 years ago...

One day I brought home three white mice for my pet snake to eat. The snake was old and tired. He managed to kill two of the three mice before he too died... That left me with one "survivor" in the tank...  I figured if he managed to survive that ordeal, he deserved to live...  I cleaned out the tank, and made it his new home... He went with me when I moved from PA to AZ and back... Sat his tank right on the front seat of the truck for the whole trip... Every now and then I'd let him out of the tank to climb in the plants on the coffee table (he really enjoyed that)...  That little white feeder mouse lived over three years, and lived entirely off of table scraps. Never once gave him "mouse-food"...  Probably one of the best pets I've had, and never bit me once...

With all that said, I'm still not disturbed by the video...
It's all part of life and death...Shit happens...Get over it...
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Its like that James Bond movie.  I think it was Diamonds are Forever.  The bad guy had a tank of fish he would feed agents to.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#49]

Has anyone said IBLT!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I had a brother that got a rat drunk for a science fair.  He was timed through the maze both sober and sloppy drunk.  Needless to say, the results were conclusive.

...we proposed a ban on drunk rats running mazes...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top