Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Joe Dirt?

www.dogthebountyhunter.com/cover905-3.jpg

It's pronounced Der-tay!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]

I'll tune in for the final show someday. Thats the one where he points mace at a felon and the felon opens up on him with a pistol. I cant wait to see him shot dead for being an attention whore, ex-felon, thug waste of air, piece of un-educated crap.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]

not at you having to suffer, but at the description

Quoted:
You think you know the dog and his pack from watching his "reality" TV show?  You people have only scratched the surface of the only white trash family to ever live in Hawaii.  This fool and his family live only a block from me.  He dresses like that every day, not just when the cameras are around.  He also styles his hair in that hideous way every time he leaves the house.  I see him and his biker-bitch wife at the beach all the time.  Their kids are totally unkempt.  He tries to be friendly with his nieghbors, but because he lives in a somewhat upper class suburb, they avoid the dogpound as much as they can.  He is a pathetic waste who does not represent anything about Hawaii.  I would rather stay in jail than do buisness with "Da Kine Bail Bonds".  

BTW, how hard is it to catch criminals on an island that is barely 30 miles across.  Where the fuck are they going to go?

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
This is good shit...you can't make this up.  

Dog has mastered the new art of Neruological Visual Profiling or N.V.P. The criminal or Predator puts off a certain ore about themselves. By using N.V.P Dog can predict the “Danger” before it happens.

He has ESPn....

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]

This guy would kick his ass. (if he was real )
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
monster.com apparently likes him

fw.monster.com/aetvdogpromo/
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone notice the picture of Bush on the wall in his office?

I agree though, the guy is a total retard.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:02:38 AM EDT
[#9]

(Hot)Dog the Bounty Hunter on A&E

Title ammended to reflect truth in advertising.

ETA:  IIRC a bounty hunter is someone who captures wanted persons for the reward money.  A bail bondsman is someone who retrieves someone who has skipped bail after posting a surety bond. In that sense, I think it's a misnomer to call "Dog" a bounty hunter.  YMMV. (Yeah yeah -- I know: Picayune)
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:01:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Break the law.... Go to jail.... Get bonded and don't show up.... Get DOGGED! Dog takes his job seriously. If you don't wanna' get hooked by him or any other Bail Enforcement Agent SHOW UP for your court date. That's just the way it is......

I'd rather have DogMan and his Crew sweeping the bad guys off the street, rather than having the bad guys preying on us and putting us in a position to where we might have to use our skills.....

Bail Enforcement Agents are a much needed "service" in our society...  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:28:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ETA:  IIRC a bounty hunter is someone who captures wanted persons for the reward money.  A bail bondsman is someone who retrieves someone who has skipped bail after posting a surety bond. In that sense, I think it's a misnomer to call "Dog" a bounty hunter.  YMMV. (Yeah yeah -- I know: Picayune)

Incorrect.  A bail bondsman is someone who takes custody of the defendent and promises the court that the defendent will show up.  If he does not show, the bondsman gets a forfeiture notice from the court stating that the bondsman must pay the court the amount of the bail unless the defendant is delivered to the court within X number of days (varies state to state).  At that point, the bondsman may attempt to recover the defendant himself, or he can assign power of attorney to a "bounty hunter" to act in the bondsman's stead.  So, being that Chapman acts in the stead of a licensed bondsman, he is a "bounty hunter".  Oh, and the bondsman must assign power of attorney (it's actually a simple signed statement) for every fugitive he is attempting to recover.  He cannot just give blanket athority to a bounty hunter.

Now, does it always happen this way?  No, but when I did it I always went by the book and made sure I had my paperwork together.  It made things easier for me, the defendant, and the police (I always notified PD before a pickup).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I just don't like the idea of private contractors carrying weapons around and able to lie about being police at your door. A no-knock at my door at zero-dark thirty is going to be answered by a wall of lead. I've seen some of the local types at the range and they clearly don't practice like I practice.

I hope the schmucks responsible for the fort worth incident mentioned earlier in the thread were charged and convicted of murder.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#13]
All who watch that show are a little (or alot) dumber for having done so.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just don't like the idea of private contractors carrying weapons around and able to lie about being police at your door.

They are not allowed to lie about being police.  It is illegal.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
anyone ever watch this?
just saw a commercial for it. have to say that if I saw those dudes running around my neighborhood armed I'd get ready to shoot them if they came towards me or my property. looked like a bunch of thugs

Watched one episode. "Dog" is a former biker thug and his son is a former gangbanger.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.  A bail bondsman is someone who takes custody of the defendent and promises the court that the defendent will show up.  If he does not show, the bondsman gets a forfeiture notice from the court stating that the bondsman must pay the court the amount of the bail unless the defendant is delivered to the court within X number of days (varies state to state).  At that point, the bondsman may attempt to recover the defendant himself, or he can assign power of attorney to a "bounty hunter" to act in the bondsman's stead.  So, being that Chapman acts in the stead of a licensed bondsman, he is a "bounty hunter".  Oh, and the bondsman must assign power of attorney (it's actually a simple signed statement) for every fugitive he is attempting to recover.  He cannot just give blanket athority to a bounty hunter.

Now, does it always happen this way?  No, but when I did it I always went by the book and made sure I had my paperwork together.  It made things easier for me, the defendant, and the police (I always notified PD before a pickup).

Thanks for the clarification.  What do they call those who only hunt down people on wanted posters?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Dog has mastered the new art of Neruological Visual Profiling or N.V.P. The criminal or Predator puts off a certain ore about themselves. By using N.V.P Dog can predict the “Danger” before it happens.

He has ESPn....

Dude...that's a joke, right?

Tell me that statement is a spoof. WTF is an ore, and how do you put it off? Will tinfoil block it?

Can't wait for this jackass to run into a heavily armed ex-marine on meth. That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#18]
i watched last night b/c i saw a clip of his crew getting rolled up in the street. I wanted to see how well thier party size can of spray worked on  junkies coming down from their highs. Pretty impressive huh?

We had a group of bondsmen come into the range one night to "practice". They were doing ok until one of them swept his entire crew when he turned around to show everyone his target, still holding his loaded gun. They were asked to leave after the same guy did it again.

J
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the clarification.  What do they call those who only hunt down people on wanted posters?

I guess in theory you could call them bounty hunters as well.  However, they can't do much beyond locating and reporting someone for the reward.  I doubt many of these people actually perform citizen arrests.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#20]
he says he is the baddest, but on the show last night a couple of guys that were upset about them charging into their yard whipped the whole bunch.   dog, wife, son, nephew.   don't know what the laws are concerning their right to be on your property, but in rural south ga. if someone dressed like that charged into your yard and jumped out of the vehicle and ran towards the homeowner i am quite sure they would be shot in self defense.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I watch this show for it's goofy entertainment value. Do any of you watch the other Bounty Hunter show on HBO "Family Bonds"? It's entertaining too
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He has ESPn....

Dude...that's a joke, right?

Tell me that statement is a spoof. WTF is an ore, and how do you put it off? Will tinfoil block it?

Can't wait for this jackass to run into a heavily armed ex-marine on meth. That would be awesome.

Not a joke.  I cut an pasted the quote directly from "Dog's" website.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
  don't know what the laws are concerning their right to be on your property, but in rural south ga. if someone dressed like that charged into your yard and jumped out of the vehicle and ran towards the homeowner i am quite sure they would be shot in self defense.

+1

In Albany, GA guy in black jumps out of a van and charges you, he is likely to end up on a slab.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top