User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it was actually thedogslaver.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The only weather in Texas that is dangerous to a Swiss Mountain Dog is the summer.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry guys, I just had to.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]

I read the thief's excuse. What a bunch of bullshit. Too bad the owners didn't catch him in the act and give him the beating he deserves.

Fucking trespassing, thieving piece of shit.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
[–]dogthedogsaver
Heidi will be returned tonight under the agreement that the owner and I have made.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Turn out it was actually  'thedogshaver'

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thief handling is one area where the Saudis have us beat.  Need to cut off this fucker's hands.  Both of em.  The smug attitude is more than enough to take both of em.
View Quote

And let the fuck watch the dog eat the hands...
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The dog has been returned to her owner.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Hope he person gets jail time.  The owners can now ID him.  They just need to have the IP info subpoenaed from reddit.

To paraphrase the dognapper: "I stole your dog, and posted psychotic pictures of your stolen dog on the internet.  I'm now going to whine about you going back on your word when you said there would be 'No questions asked' at the transfer, that's right, me, Mr. Boltcutters, is now complaining about you being mean to me."

http://www.reddit.com/r/FortWorth/comments/1skcel/2000_reward_for_lost_greater_swiss_mountain_dog/cdyp17e
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd press charges even if it didn't go anywhere or if he didn't get any jail time.

I don't have a dog but just from reading dog threads here and people willing to drop a few 1000 to get a dog patched up, that guy is lucky he didn't catch a beat down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's a Redditor, what'd you expect?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's these wacked-out animal rights people who think that dogs are human, or even better than humans.

"It looked neglected and/or cold, so we stole it."

A very large segment of the stupid people in this country flock there. HAY BRO HERE'S SOME POINTS AND A CLEVER GIF WITH AN ARROW UR WAY LAUGH OUT LOUD WE R SO AHSUM.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad they got the dog back.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Let's see.. Trespassing, Theft, and Burglary..and since the dog was most likely worth more than $200, make that an Indictable (Felony)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So lets see, destruction of property, breaking and entering, theft?

Does that about cover it? Dog napper should go to jail for a long time........that is after the owner of the dog gets done with him.

Let's see.. Trespassing, Theft, and Burglary..and since the dog was most likely worth more than $200, make that an Indictable (Felony)
I thought burglary, especially of a residence, was a felony no matter what you break in to steal.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I thought burglary, especially of a residence, was a felony no matter what you break in to steal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that about cover it? Dog napper should go to jail for a long time........that is after the owner of the dog gets done with him.

The Burglary is..the theft is also a separate charge though..and over $200 makes it a second indictable.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Too bad they let that waste of human skin get away.

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Heidi has been returned.
u/twilightmoons did a poor job of handling the switch. He did not pick up the dog as he stated he would.
The owners were there instead, they charged me and demanded my name. So much for no confrontation or questions.
Oh btw,I gave them money to repair the lock and the first words out of her mouth were "give me THE fucking dog!" Way to be personally attached to your sweet puppy.
I'm done here. Please take better care of Heidi going forward.
View Quote

Sounds like all's well
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#18]
It is beyond me why these people didn't use this to set up whoever brought the dog with the cops. I would've at the bare minimum had it filmed. No way would I let the douch get away with it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's these wacked-out animal rights people who think that dogs are human, or even better than humans.

"It looked neglected and/or cold, so we stole it."

Like reading the fucklng internet "forums" before vB came out in the '90's.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Soooo.... They didnt write down the license plate and report it to the police?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It is beyond me why these people didn't use this to set up whoever brought the dog with the cops. I would've at the bare minimum had it filmed. No way would I let the douch get away with it.
View Quote

Soon as the dropoff was setup I would have been on the phone.  Maybe the cops wouldn't have wanted to respond, but I've read a handful of stories online of people getting ripped off, etc and setting up meets w/ LE standing by.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

at least in NY burglary requires entering the building, an outdoor doggy walk would not qualify.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

at least in NY burglary requires entering the building, an outdoor doggy walk would not qualify.  

anyway I can't believe they met the guy without cops

Is it possible that they tried and the cops refused to get involved?

I would think the cops would have known who the thief was from the IP address long before the return so I'm surprised they didn't knock on the guys door.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Thief needs to be horsewhipped until he shits himself in agony and repents to Jesus.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thief needs to be horsewhipped until he shits himself in agony and repents to Jesus shot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#25]
dog is home.

owner has told the cops the name of someone he "thinks" did it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sounds like all's well
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Heidi has been returned.

u/twilightmoons did a poor job of handling the switch. He did not pick up the dog as he stated he would.

The owners were there instead, they charged me and demanded my name. So much for no confrontation or questions.

Oh btw,I gave them money to repair the lock and the first words out of her mouth were "give me THE fucking dog!" Way to be personally attached to your sweet puppy.

Sounds like all's well

I would have beat the fuck out of the shitbag and then waited to see the writeup on that

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#27]

A guy I know was getting anonymous "hate mail" from one of his neighbors because he would leave his dogs out in the snow. Their breed?

Siberian Husky.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

dog is home.

View Quote

Do you have inside info or is this from a public source?

Just curious if you know if the cops are taking it seriously.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:09:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
dog is home.

radio, AM570, last night around 8:00 PM.
the dog's owner said it in a quick soundbite.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:10:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would have beat the fuck out of the shitbag and then waited to see the writeup on that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Heidi has been returned.

Sounds like all's well

he'd better have Dragon, cause he might  have some broken fingers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Burglary is..the theft is also a separate charge though..and over $200 makes it a second indictable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's also a great way to get beat or shot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#32]
We had some woman do this around here a few years ago, except it was with...shrubbery.  She was driving by a house that had it's potted landscaping plants sitting around the jobsite waiting to be planted.  The plants had been out for a few days and were looking wilted, and she felt they were neglecting the poor plants.  She loaded them up and "rehomed" them to a more nurturing environment, her place.  After her arrest she kept on about how the plants were being neglected and were dying and she just had to do something.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:28:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A guy I know was getting anonymous "hate mail" from one of his neighbors because he would leave his dogs out in the snow. Their breed?

Siberian Husky.

View Quote

Oh, NOW COME ON!!??
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd have brought a slapjack to the handover and left whomever it was who brought the dog with a subdural hematoma.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep.  Dog thief needed his butt kicked.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#36]
dog thief needs more 12ga to the face  

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hope the dog thief isn't Vietnamese.  "It's pho time!"
View Quote

What you did there, I saw it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#38]
The couple said they left the dog outside for just a few hours. Given the breed of the animal, they say that is fine.
View Quote

No, it's not fine.  Regardless of the breed of the animal, it's not fine to leave your dog outside when you leave your property.  As they now know.

Stupid owners.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, it's not fine.  Regardless of the breed of the animal, it's not fine to leave your dog outside when you leave your property.  As they now know.

Stupid owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The couple said they left the dog outside for just a few hours. Given the breed of the animal, they say that is fine.

Stupid owners.

I know plenty of people that leave their dogs outside year round.
Do you have some inside information that states the dog had no cover,food, water
or area to get out of the weather ?

You would just hate seeing the conditions that sled dogs are kept in.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh, NOW COME ON!!??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Siberian Husky.

Oh, NOW COME ON!!??

Completely serious.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Do you have some inside information that states the dog had no cover,food, water

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid owners.

RIF.  Your comment is irrelevant.  It's humans, not weather, that are the problem here.

I framed the question in terms of property, not the dog being out in the elements.  Many thefts are opportunistic, that is, the thief sees something available (like a dog left outside) and takes it.  I would bet most stolen dogs are stolen when outside on their owner's property, not inside a building behind locked doors.  Regardless of the weather, it's dumb to leave your dogs outside when you are gone from your property.  

Any clearer now?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#42]
This is another one of those situations where I'd have to say that dude is lucky he didn't steal my dog.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thief needs to be horsewhipped until he shits himself in agony and repents to Jesus shot.

Lazy ass!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Stupid owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Stupid owners.

What city do you live in?

Cause you can't be a country boy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#45]
I would politely set that persons face on fire
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Stupid owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Stupid owners.

No.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

This is another one of those situations where I'd have to say that dude is lucky he didn't steal my dog.
View Quote

Because he would have puncture wound all over his ass from my dog.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top