BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know why every Walmart has like 50 check out lanes.

View Quote

They never have more than 3 or 4 open at one time.

Even at Christmas shopping peak season I have never seen more than 1/3 open at one time.

I've always wondered the same thing, even in HS when I was a cashier there.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know why every Walmart has like 50 check out lanes.

They never have more than 3 or 4 open at one time.

Even at Christmas shopping peak season I have never seen more than 1/3 open at one time.
View Quote

THIS is my biggest bitch about Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Until you, along with the majority of your countrymen, shop at a local grocer that does it better, no they don't suck. They don't give a fuck about you, they give a fuck about your money. Every big box retailer is the same way. Their goal is to skimp on costs as much as possible without losing your purchasing dollar. Oh boo hoo! Only four lanes open! What are you going to do? SHOP AT TARGET? HYUCK!
Guess what, they don't really care about you either.  The only reasons things run smoother is because they make all employees go up for back up constantly, meaning they have no time to do their jobs, meaning the shelves have light to no stock, shit isn't presentable, and then you, the consumer, says "FUCK THIS I'M GOING BACK TO WALMART!"
This is an infinite cycle, and it probably will never break. It's not the fault of capitalism, but consumerism. If people stopped buying shit they didn't need, and started voting more with their wallets, this shit wouldn't happen, but let's be real, all of the grievences you listed are minor, and at the end of the day most of us will deal with them for lower prices on consumer goods.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Until you, along with the majority of your countrymen, shop at a local grocer that does it better, no they don't suck. They don't give a fuck about you, they give a fuck about your money. Every big box retailer is the same way. Their goal is to skimp on costs as much as possible without losing your purchasing dollar. Oh boo hoo! Only four lanes open! What are you going to do? SHOP AT TARGET? HYUCK!

Guess what, they don't really care about you either.  The only reasons things run smoother is because they make all employees go up for back up constantly, meaning they have no time to do their jobs, meaning the shelves are have light to no stock, shit isn't presentable, and then you the consumer says "FUCK THIS I'M GOING BACK TO WALMART!"

This is an infinite cycle, and it probably will never break. It's not the fault of capitalism, but consumerism. If people stopped buying shit they didn't need, and started voting more with their wallets, this shit wouldn't happen, but let's be real, all of the grievences you listed are minor, and at the end of the day most of us will deal with them for lower prices on consumer goods.  
View Quote

We used to have one of those, it was nice.  They sold out to a national chain a few years ago. It's no longer nice

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ukrops?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ukrops?

Quoted:

We used to have one of those, it was nice.  They sold out to a national chain a few years ago. It's no longer nice

That was them.  Now the same company as Giant
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes.  There is a science to how they arrange the aisles and position the merchandise.  The stuff everyone wants is in the back of the store.  You have to walk past all of the other crap to get to yours. The object is for you spend as much time as possible and to be exposed to as much merchandise as possible before you leave the store.
Other facts:

The fruit of the loom underwear (and most other products)  that you buy at WM is made especially for WM.  the materials are cheaper in order to get the cost down.
In th corporate procurement department in Bentonville, there are 6 people responsible for arranging parking lot striping.  Not paving; just striping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes.  There is a science to how they arrange the aisles and position the merchandise.  The stuff everyone wants is in the back of the store.  You have to walk past all of the other crap to get to yours. The object is for you spend as much time as possible and to be exposed to as much merchandise as possible before you leave the store.
Other facts:

The fruit of the loom underwear (and most other products)  that you buy at WM is made especially for WM.  the materials are cheaper in order to get the cost down.
In th corporate procurement department in Bentonville, there are 6 people responsible for arranging parking lot striping.  Not paving; just striping.

I disagree with your first "other facts" point. If you want to provide sources for that, I'd be happy to read them and change my opinion, but the fact of the matter is that wal-mart plays the same game that everybody else does. They buy in bulk for discounts, they designate loss leaders to get assholes in the door (I shouldn't have to disclaim this but because someone almost reported me for blanketing people in the term asshole, for full disclosure I shop at wal-mart too), and they make bank off of all of the other shit people decide to buy before getting to the check out lanes. Walmart's a big retailer, but they aren't big enough to persuade most manufacturers to make wal-mart special versions of their goods to cheat out all of the other big retailers.
Quoted:

Ukrops?

Ukrops was way too expensive though. No offense to you or your business since I've frequented it and ya'll are good people. I need to take a trip up to Potomac mills again just to bullshit and hit your business up, now that I think about it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only complaint I have about the layout of walmarts is they are all different.

Knowing where something in is one store is of almost no help as to where it will be located in any other walmart in the nation.
View Quote

Had a few beers in me one time, decided to stop at the Walmart on the other side of town. Went to use the restroom in back, and I thought to myself the stores are screwed up, they have no urinals! Imagine my embarrassment when I stepped out of the stall and two women walked in!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a Kroger type, at least for groceries. I only go to WalMart if I absolutely have to.

Even at Kroger, when it's near closing time, they don't even open regular registers. Just self-checkout, with some fat f*ck sitting nearby watching you

But I get to hear English there so it's okay.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I only go there for motor oil.  The gun counter is hardly ever manned and there's not much beyond a smattering of Fudd calibers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Walmart , screwing everything everyday.

Ok, my peeve.  The EXIT door to the RIGHT.    Entry to the left.

This is so f&^%ing backward in America.

Ok so now picture a work bathroom double-door set, entrance on the right(the handle is on the outside), the EXIT door to the left (no handle on outside)

HOOLEEPHAUCKE, the number of people I could kill by kicking open the left side exit door when I leave the bathroom.

Dont stand in front of the exit door of a bathroom, youd think would be common sense, but dayum college educated men are stupid.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I was a Wal-Mart shopper last week and yes the Milk, eggs and OJ are in the last isle in the back of the store
On the up side I buy the pre-breaded bagged chicken that you toss in the toaster oven for 20 minutes and it is $7 vs $9 at my local market
but they did not have it and cold cuts at Wal-Mart suck big time
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Walmart , screwing everything everyday.

Ok, my peeve.  The EXIT door to the RIGHT.    Entry to the left.

This is so f&^%ing backward in America.

Ok so now picture a work bathroom double-door set, entrance on the right(the handle is on the outside), the EXIT door to the left (no handle on outside)

HOOLEEPHAUCKE, the number of people I could kill by kicking open the left side exit door when I leave the bathroom.

Dont stand in front of the exit door of a bathroom, youd think would be common sense, but dayum college educated men are stupid.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3T0o2Tu_AFU/T_vbKsVqIkI/AAAAAAAAB-k/k4XwqUkzN2o/s1600/Picture+6.png
View Quote

I'm guessing that it's done this way because when you are leaving the store, coming from the checkout area, the exit door will be the one closest to you.  If it were the other door you would have to cross through the flow of people coming in to get to the exit door.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Cross merchandising sucks. The isles are more maze like to cause you to  shop spontaneously
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
In my opinion most Wal Marts are laid out like a maze.
It's hard to find most things and it's probably designed that way to get you to buy things you were not even looking for simply because you are walking in a maze.
If not for ammo and fishing gear I would probably never go into one again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cross merchandising sucks. The isles are more maze like to cause you to  shop spontaneously
View Quote

Weird...We posted almost the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#18]
i bought 600 rounds of cci .22 lr this weekend at walmart... so, there is that. but yeah, its like they TRY to make you hate the place .
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I bitched out a store manager because they had blocked off aisles after hours, creating a fire hazard along with tripping and possible shifting pallet crush.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Park on the side.  Enter through tire shop.  Get ammo and a can of brake cleaner.  Check out at tire shop.  Leave.
View Quote
You are the Wal-mart Ninja.

Well done. I award you 10 Jazzys/Hoverounds/Rascals.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#22]

EVERY time I'm with a family member and someone tries to exit an entry, open a locked door or something like that, SOMEONE yells SCHOOL FOR THE GIFTED! because of that comic
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#23]
You mean like moving shit every day, or designing 2 stores within 5 minutes of each other completely opposite. Frozen foods at the back of the store with the Cola. Walk into another store the frozen food is at front of store, cola is in the very back, milk butter and OJ are no where to be seen.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top